[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>80's: Adventure plot themed saturday morning shows with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

>80's: Adventure plot themed saturday morning shows with shovelware cartoons
>90's: The rise of cartoon channels, comedic gag shows
>00's: Golden Age of cartoon channels, pretty diverse stuff
>10's: Decline of cartoon channels, cartoons have mostly adult/stoner humor, prominent shows of 00's become cheap novelties

What went wrong in 10's /co/?
>>
>>89331719
Internet
>>
The decentralization of pop culture has resulted in lower profit margins for entertainment companies that aren't capitalizing on wide-reaching brands that tap into multiple fields at once

Animation is an incredibly cost-ineffective medium. For every Toy Story or the Simpsons, there are legions of failed attempts that were expensive and grueling to work on. The lower profit margins in the field mean that companies are even less likely to take risks.

The cheap looking comedy bullshit is the easiest to make and thus carries the least risk, making it the most appealing to people who sign the checks for this sort of thing.
>>
>>89331719
Progressiveness

No, seriously. I'm not even trying to start a thing. That seriously is what went wrong.

In order to generate more money, companies started to pander to groups, thus divering attention to what was importent (content). Now that including so many groups isalienating the fans of the older styles, they have a smaller audience. Not only that, but the people they pander to lose interest (see: Marvel 2016)

People need to stop obsessing over representing everyone and just start making good cartoons again

That and the industry is full of talentless hacks
>>
File: Captain_america_aemh.png (198KB, 732x718px) Image search: [Google]
Captain_america_aemh.png
198KB, 732x718px
>>89331794
>People need to stop obsessing over representing everyone and just start making good cartoons again

You're full of shit, mister.

If "making good cartoons" was all it took to be successful, there wouldn't be so many successful shitty cartoons, and there wouldn't be so many failed good ones.
>>
>>89331719
Adventure Time ruined everything and now we're dealing with it's repercussions.
>>
>>89331822
surely its that simple
>>
>>89331838
There are tons of shit in the cartoon industry and AT symbolises everything that's wrong.
>>
>>89331772
That theory would support the reason why we've seen so much being put into franchises and reboots, as company attempt to build an IP that's so big or previously significant in pop-culture history that there's good odds people have at least heard of it.
>>
>>89331719
What's wrong with that nigress' neck?
>>
>>89331772
This guy's got it right. There's plenty of creatives out there with new and innovative ideas- but you won't ever see their stuff on television, either because they don't have the money to have gone to CalArts to acquire the necessary connections (and those connections ARE absolutely necessary), or because the ones that did STILL can't get a network to take a chance on them due to their idea not being similar enough to what's already airing.

I wouldn't go so far as to say there's never going to be good stuff ever again, but following the leader is pretty much obligatory now. I think the era of risktaking is largely over.

Or rather, it's left cable television and moved to the Internet. Guess there's always Netflix, they seem willing to take a chance on off-beat stuff if Trollhunters is any indication.
>>
>>89331794

Not saying it's the main factor but it sure adds up to the pile, I'm sick of people creaming themselves over diversity and hearing bout how cool it is from cartoons and animates movies.
end these agendas ffs
>>
>>89331719
Generation Y suck at making shows.
>>
>>89331968
Agreed. That shit needs to stop or atleast be less in the focus of a show. Also creators of cartoons, characters and story are so terrified of the press and some shitty bloggers that get offended by anything, so they try or are forced to pander to anyone, no matter how tiny that minority is. There is always someone out there that is offended by anything.
In the end they start creating abominations of cartoons made for the most vile and bottom of the barrel, depraved creatures on this planet, while shoehorning questionable stuff, that is not very well understood by younger audiences, that uses some loophole to get past censors. *cough* SU *cough*
>>
>>89332940
What does it do? I don't watch the show
>>
File: sonic the hogwash.jpg (25KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
sonic the hogwash.jpg
25KB, 500x353px
>>89331794
I don't think there's a correlation between the two.
At all.
The growth of the internet is likely the root of the problem. Everyone's tastes have grown more niche and the internet is the perfect supplier for that. It's far more difficult now to make a show that appeals to everybody because everyone has begun to branch off.

But I mean, keep using the SJW boogeyman to justify why you don't like something.
>>
>>89331719
You're just pulling this out your ass. 90s was the Golden age. 2000s was more geared toward gag comedy serials and there was a lot of experimentations. 2010s has stagnated a bit but it's not the fucking worst thing ever. It's better than the 80s
>>
>>89333172

That's pretty much what he said in a way. Appealing to everyone is impossible nowadays. He IS right that some of them think listening to a particular crowd would net them profit when in fact it did the exact opposite.
>>
>>89333039

This video might help explaining things. Maybe you have seen it before, maybe not.
youtu.be/j38aX4JxINQ
>>
>>89331719
>00's: Golden Age of cartoon channels, pretty diverse stuff

It's funny how wrong this is
>>
>>89333250
He says 00's was a golden age for cartoon channels, not for cartoons for we can't predicate a golden age for cartoons since there will be good and bad shows regardless of it's era.
>>
>>89331719
You grew up.
>>
>>89331719
Obama became president and everything became shit on the entairtainment.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.