[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like it's worthwhile to keep a fairly comprehensive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: JUST.png (1MB, 3300x1305px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
1MB, 3300x1305px
Just trends that have been adopted that you think alienate would-be and former readers.
Add anything you want that's not up already.

>back-to-back/overlapping events
>events that derail smaller books via needless tie-ins
>the notion that it's financially viable to anger your consumerbase
>the obnoxious nature by which the writer's politics are often injected into stories and characters
>the apparent contempt the writing/editing staff have for their readers and buyers
>likewise contempt for the characters that made Marvel big (also related to politics), much of which has led to these characters' replacement/removal/character assassination in rapid succession
>shifting of comic themes/characters/concepts to more closely align with the contemporary films
>the nearly cyclical model that has books relauching continuously over very few years

It might be too wordy, but whatever. I'd like it to look at least a hair higher than typical shitposts. inb4 filename
>>
their retarded variant cover policies
>>
>>89318410
You mean as far as like "buy this many A, get this much overshipped B"?
>>
File: tedvsphone.png (21KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
tedvsphone.png
21KB, 100x100px
I'm an uneducated, middle-aged, shut-in virgin and even I'm embarrassed for you.
>>
>>89318456
Not that Anon, but I would assume so.
Specifically, the variant incentives in which retailers have to order X percentage of a title based upon the orders of the previous issue in order to order Y number of covers. And those variant covers end up being for the covers that people are intentionally collecting, like the hip hop variant covers, leading retailers to overpurchase on books that ultimately only sell 1/3rd to 1/5th the number of copies, variant included.
>>
File: all-new-x-men-40-iceman.jpg (70KB, 650x433px) Image search: [Google]
all-new-x-men-40-iceman.jpg
70KB, 650x433px
>>89318470
>>
I dropped Marvel not long into All-New All-Different, I was just reading Spencer's Ant-Man but lost interest in that just before Civil War II.

I've barely been on here since, what other Marvel bullshit have I missed? Have they sent back the teenage X-Men yet?

Marvel needs to get in the bin. I lost interest in DC not long into Rebirth but I didn't feel like they actively drove me away.
>>
>>89318360
I think that list is fair & respectfully stated.

I got your back OP.
>>
Lets not forget
>Puts Deadpool on fucking everything
>>
>>89319982
Thanks, anon.
>>
>>89318360
A while back an anon made a good point about how the pool of characters seems to have shrunk

>On top of that, look at how insulated Marvel is now these days. It feels like they shrunk there universe and aren't willing to acknowledge any other eras. Take Champions. Who shows up on the "Possible future members" page? Why, Moon Girl, Riri Williams, new Falcon, and the New Wasp. All characters already currently in books. Why not throw an unexpected face in there? Fuck, if you had Patriot in a panel, or the Power Pack, just any other face that isn't already in circulation, people would have start talking. Civil War II is just every character in current circulation as well instead of dipping into deeper wells. This mindset will kill Marvel because it's like a video game that uses all the same assets as the previous game, it won't be fresh and people will stop caring.
>>
>>89321500
Well that is obviously just to advertise currently running books. In the case of champions there is no inclination that characters will even join so it is again just an ad. Ewing throws in random unused characters all the time. Black Bolt is suppose to have a couple of surprise characters besides Creel. It's just most events and group shots pull from the current crop of books instead of at random.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.