[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this so fucking bad? It defies logic. It has great animation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 23

File: voltron3.jpg (174KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
voltron3.jpg
174KB, 1280x720px
Why is this so fucking bad? It defies logic. It has great animation, character design, voice acting, I can't even think of anything immediately bad about the writing/dialogue. Yet the show is completely unremarkable and uninteresting. Why is that? Is it too cliche?
>>
>>89315593
mega when?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>
Apparently there's nothing interesting in the show besides shipping

i guess thats it
>>
Disagree, I find the show to be a great example of how to update a property without losing the core of what makes it great. To be honest, the original Voltron is pretty bad, this show is light-years ahead of that from the get-go.
>>
Maybe you find the plot too generic?
It's a cliche story done in the best possible way.
>>
>>89315593

Needs more robo.Beast fights. Actual team conflict with consecuences.
>>
>>89315611
check /r/megalinks
>>
>>89315925
Not there.
>>
>>89315998
check everyday.
>>
I don't think it's very impressive in any category aside from being one of like two current action shows right now but it's fun enough that I got no complaints. Not like you could have that high expectations for a Voltron reboot of all things.
>>
>>89316209
What's the other action cartoon out now?
>>
>>89316372
Star Wars Rebels
>>
>>89316490
Right. I always forget that one because I never had much interest in the overall franchise.
>>
>>89315593
My main problem is that it tires to push the ever keith as the defacto backup leader/protag which is incredibly annoying
the fact it does that while ignoring characterization for hunk and lance outside their stereotype is even more annoying
Add to the fact that its stupid pidge isnt the one shiro asks to be leader after she's single-handedly saved the team several times at this point and is the only one with a solid likeable personality and you get a very oddly aggravating show despite the fact it does a lot of other things so right.
>>
>>89316490
Isn't there also that new Justice League series?
>>
>>89315593
The space robot is boring. I need more space magic though. Sweet sweet, planet killing space magic. Science Fantasy is my crack.
>>
>>89315593
I don't think it's bad, but I do think you answered your own question in that it's too cliche though. Just painfully plain, like they had a checklist of tropes for giant robo shows and went one by one meeting every point but never straining from that, just playing it all safe with no surprises nor anything particularly unique whatsoever.

I fully admit that, if it wasn't for the good eye candy, I'd have dropped it midway.

>>89315803
Agreed. How I wish it wasn't all mostly CGI, though I can give myself an idea as to why it is so.
>>
I can't get over how boring the action is. It's the foundation of the series yet it's the most boring and most bog standard thing about it.
>>
File: form ultra sword.webm (3MB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
form ultra sword.webm
3MB, 720x405px
>>89320858
They haven't seen all the powers that are so new to them.
Their combat is so straight forward and basic because they don't know they have better moves until they present theself.
>>
>>89315593
It's not bad, but it is seriously lacking in the action department. Most of the fights are uninteresting and mostly end with 'Eureka! We found the chink in his armor!' and then instant win, and it suffers from the same 'the enemy will stop and let us talk this out' syndrome.

The bigger issue, which readily became apparent in season three, is how repetitive it is. Go to planet, find ____ under the heel of an oppressor(Galra or new enemy), quick fight after basic setup, leave. In a televised series with long stretches, this wouldn't be so bad, but in a binge-watch format it becomes starkly obvious.

It's not a bad show, it just fails in a lot of areas it should excel in. It has the budget, it knows how it's going to be seen, so why do this?
>>
>>89321355
>season three
Wait, what?
>>
It's a kid show nigga
>>
Season 2 torrent when?!
>>
>>89321355
Future man, please tell us if Keith becomes purple and who was in the person in the armor trapped in the giant worm?!?!
>>
>>89315593
>this show is horrible
>oh but I can't actually think of a reason why
You sound like an idiot. I don't think Voltron is the greatest thing ever but it's a fun show with good action and endearing characters. Calling it "so fucking bad" makes you sound like a kid who overexaggerates everything he says.
>>
Is this really the new thread? Fucking really? Whatever.
>>
>>89326334
>he doesn't have Netflix
>>
>>89315593
It's the Thundercats reboot without the interesting adventure journey, even the action is slightly worse
>>
Zorgon was disappointing in the end. All he did was obsess over his lion and have his nipples zapped by druids while hagger was left to manage everything. He was powerful but an idiot in the end.

Hopefully his son is smarter.
>>
>>89321355

A lot of the episodes just feel really tired in general. How many seasons where planned? Because what it feels like to me is that they're stretching shit out on purpose because the know they have episodes to kill. Sort of like what did in the new TMNT show. It lacks focus
>>
>>89325506
Kids are watching Voltron: Legendary Defender?
>>
>>89328348

Kids of 30 something adults who's are forced too so their parents can have the excuse, yeah.
>>
>>89315593
Animation is lack luster at best it's all on 4s which is a HUGE NO NO in the west, drawings are alright, seeing that it's Mir but drawings =/= animation.

Character designs are generic or stolen expys at best, a major issue with shows now of days.

Voice action is also bad, Cree Summer is the only good voice actor on the project and she is wasting her talents on it, and is also where most of the $90,000 budget is spent (her pay check).

In short, it what NEVER to do in a cartoon.
>>89315791
>>89316209
>>89327941
No, it's not.
>>89321033
>All that awful puke green coloring.
Now I know what Hayao Miyazaki was talking about.

https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/151934363/
>>
>>89328348
Nope, 100% Women over the age of 18, if this was the 90s it will be killed off right at season 1.
>>89328381
Nope, nothing but fujos.
>>89328140
Staff was laid off so no more Mir garbage.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/dreamworks-layoffs-round-2-170-employees-chopping-block-145773.html
>>
>>89328419
>>89328419
>Animation is lack luster at best

I forgot what episode it was but there was a bit at the end of one episode where Shiro is talking facing the camera directly and only his lips are moving. At all. It looked horrid. Like something out of a compile heart game but worse.

There's also a lot of scenes where the way the animation is, I guess Id say layered that looks really off. Like they're going for some Faux 3D effect. It's really jank.
>>
>>89328520
This is what real animation looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tijiLYiN3xI
>>
File: seriosulybro.jpg (13KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
seriosulybro.jpg
13KB, 512x384px
>>89328608
>REAL animation
>Compares a huge budget short to a smaller budget 20 minute episode.

Look, I agree the show is chud ugly at times but don't be that guy. Okay, you just look like a tool.
>>
>>89315593
You know you've made a lame show when the thing people talk about most is a crack homoship.
>>
>>89328676

It's the gundam wing of our generation.
>>
File: SEEKHELP.gif (1MB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
SEEKHELP.gif
1MB, 480x358px
>>89315593

>> It has great animation, character design, voice acting, I can't even think of anything immediately bad about the writing/dialogue.

>>yet the show is completely unremarkable and uninteresting.

congratulations you just defied your own logic.
>>
>>89328689
At least Wing had La Flaga and his romance with the big titty captain.
>>
>>89328796
>>89328689
Wait, fuck, misread as SEED.

Wing had a cool protagonist, neat mech designs and some great action.
>>
File: Same Studio.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Same Studio.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>89328650
There was once a time when 20+ minute episodes did look that good.
>>
Hm...You could have been born with no sense of taste, anon. Have you tried seeing a doctor?
>>
>>89328826
ты пидop
>>
>>89329320

It's boring. The only thing it has going for it, and pretty much every thread on this board has proven is gay shipping.

The plots are dull and cliche and honestly everything is played too safe. It's like they used up all their RISK points on changing Pidge's gender and then never bothered to show any real guts again.
>>
>>89328507
>Nope, 100% Women over the age of 18
Citation needed.
>>
>>89328507
Nothing in that article states that Mir has been cut. Considering that we are confirmed to be getting more seasons, they would have no reason to get rid of Mir since they would just have to replace them with a different cheap Asian studio. You're so full of shit it's embarrassing.
>>
>>89328419
>>All that awful puke green coloring.
They're on a fucking planet covered in acid, did you expect it to look pleasant?
>>
>>89330236
Everything else that Dreamworks is doing either uses CG animation (Puss In Boots The Series, Troll Hunters) or is in Flash (Turbo: The Animated Series, Spirit: The Animated Series) and the later cost a fraction of what Voltron:LD cost at $90,000 a episode, they have no reason to use Mir on their other projects, they would of not fit.
>>
>>89330358
Pink would of been better, heck even brown would of been better.

Don't dis Miyazaki.
>>
File: Untitled.png (535KB, 1253x522px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
535KB, 1253x522px
>>89315593
Preach it brother!
>>
>>89330381
>You're not allowed to use green anymore because Miyazaki said so

Fuck off.
>>
>>89330495
>Says the guy who is know for shoving loads of green into his films.
>>
File: 1466128307033.jpg (465KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
1466128307033.jpg
465KB, 1280x905px
Can admit that I'm just watching this for the visuals, cute boys (and cute Pidge), and to support in on Netflix so more action cartoons have a chance of being made.

I keep getting reminded that this show is for kids whenever a cringe-worthy joke pops up, or when something serious happens and they have to make a joke almost immediately after.
>>
>>89330537
Those types of cartoons are cancer to the industry and makes Tex Avery turn in his grave, we need smart comedies, not fujo garbage.
>>
>>89328419
>>89328507
>>89328608
>>89329238
>>89330381
>>89330573
Hi TMSfag.
>>
>>89330594
Those post were not from TMSGuy, seek help.
>>
>>89330573
>we need smart comedies
Like what.

>fujo garbage
I'm not sure what you're talking about as there's literally no fujo pandering in this show. There's actually no fanservice at all.
>>
>>89330537
>or when something serious happens and they have to make a joke almost immediately after.

really, can we just have a serious episode or even a real moment without Hunk saying something stupid
>>
>>89330641
>Like what.
Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, Pinky And The Brain and Freakazoid.

>fujo pandering
Yes, there is, otherwise they won't be so many threads here and you don't need fan service in a fujo show, they tent to use their imaginations far more then male pervs anyway.
>>
>>89315593

It's shit because they're targeting the tumblr audience.

Anything that targets them goes to shit, just look at Marvel.
>>
>>89315593
Most people have already said why they don't like the series. And really, I can see why. I mean I enjoy it to some extent, but it does have its flaws going on (especially with its writing and characterizations).

The only one with the massive hateboner is TMSFag, and he gets pissed off at anything that isn't a Japanese-animated 90s WB cartoon or Hamtaro.
>>
>>89330791
>It's shit because they're targeting the tumblr audience.
Explain how when there's no romance in this show, and Pidge is just space Mulan.
>>
>>89330791
No, they targeting fujos and Marvels movies are not shit, comics however are a different story.
>>89330803
Dude(tte), that was debunked, he also likes Matt Groening and golden age shorts as well.

You also forgot about Japanese-animated 80s Disney cartoons, Spumco, Carbuncle and Startoons as well.
>>
>>89330832
No we debunked that months ago, she goes out as a boy because she wants a sex change but can't because she is under 18.
>>
File: 1465882555752.png (224KB, 620x590px) Image search: [Google]
1465882555752.png
224KB, 620x590px
>>89331050
>>
US cannot into mecha.
>>
>>89330791
>It's shit because they're targeting the tumblr audience.
Tumblr may have swarmed to the show like ants to food, but it isn't actually targeting tumblr. It has no romance as of yet (and the pairings it eventually will have will likely be straight), only two female protagonists out of six, and doesn't seem to give a shit about addressing certain political issues like SU or something. It has a racially diverse cast and that's about it.

You sound like you have't even seen the show.
>>
>>89330537
>I keep getting reminded that this show is for kids whenever a cringe-worthy joke pops up, or when something serious happens and they have to make a joke almost immediately after.

That annoys me too. I wonder if the writers do that because they feel like they have to or because they genuinely think it's good humor.
>>
>>89330362
So you're telling me that they're going to suddenly announce a cancellation of VLD AFTER just announcing four more seasons, or they're going to change studios from Mir and make it 3D animated. That's what you're telling me. That's what you honestly believe.
>>
>>89330381
>Don't dis Miyazaki.
Spirited Away was that man's last great movie. Everything since has been either average or forgettable. The animation industry needs to stop sucking that guy's dick.
>>
>>89330694
>Yes, there is, otherwise they won't be so many threads here and you don't need fan service in a fujo show, they tent to use their imaginations far more then male pervs anyway.
I think you might actually be mentally retarded.
>>
>>89315593
>ITS SO BAD
>Eh its just bland
I don't think you know what you're talking about. Compose your thoughts.
>>
>>89333405
Korea, Titmouse is no where to be found.
>>89333441
It's not aimed at Tumblr, it's aimed at fujos and you don't need romance are gay men acting straight to please fujos.
>>89333484
Source? Anyway if more episodes are ordered it will be a new staff and Flash/CG but seeing the lay offs expect it to be canceled.

See Uncle Grandpa where CN ordered more seasons when in real life the show was canceled.
>>
>>89333460
It suffers from every character acting like Sokka so yeah I think they just think it's funny.
>>
>>89316669
I agree with you on all of these. I'm hoping that Hunk and Lance don't just become 'Those Two Guys' of the Voltron series. Even the episode that focused on them way piss-poor and pandered to their rather shallow characterizations.

The inciting incident of that episode pisses me off so god damn much. After a horrendous battle, Lance and Hunk get stranded. In lieu of trying to escape and maybe FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENED TO THEIR FRIENDS, Lance immediately fucks off to chase tail. Worse still, it's tail that he would not be able to have sex/relationship with after thinking about it for more than a second.

I'd never even thought of the Pidge thing, but I'm on board with you there. Lance doesn't seem to bring any traits that Pidge doesn't do better. She also isn't outright antagonistic with her allies (Lance) even if she gets annoyed with them.

It's not that the other characters don't get focus, it's that they don't really advance in any meaningful way. Hopefully, next season takes care of that.
>>
File: Essential Japanese Animation v7.jpg (4MB, 3101x6539px) Image search: [Google]
Essential Japanese Animation v7.jpg
4MB, 3101x6539px
>>89333738
No, Avatar was never funny, it was just embarrassing.

Real Japanese animation only, also read this, it will save your life one day.
>>
>>89316669
>>89333825

Pidge doesn't have to nor really SHOULD be back up leader but they sure as fuck need to give Keith more leader qualities. Or explore why Shiro thinks so much of him. We know fuck of these characters prior to the show starting.
>>
File: bait endtown.png (80KB, 451x451px) Image search: [Google]
bait endtown.png
80KB, 451x451px
>79 replies
>>
>>89333825
Again, they will be no season 3, staff has been laid off but if they say otherwise they will be pulling a Uncle Grandpa.

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/business/dreamworks-layoffs-round-2-170-employees-chopping-block-145773.html
>>
>>89333915
Where the hell does it say that?

All I see is news of their Indian studio being shuttered and their feature Film division downsizing.
>>
>>89333886
>DON'T SAY BAD THING ABOUT MUH SHOW
>>
>>89333876
We know fuck of these characters NOW. The show really drags it's feet on the overarching plot elements.

And I'm saying Pidge would be a better fit for leaders based on the traits we've seen from her over the course of 2 seasons. I'm not opposed to Keith leading, but I'd to be shown why that he should be leading, not told.

His episode with Hunk was an okay start, but he needs more than that to prove he would be a good leader. I think that's what they trying to do on that episode, but it came out as just another 'here's two characters who have differences and have to work together' thing.
>>
>>89333967
It's in there, Seek help, you stupid fucking fujo.
>>
>>89333998
Please cite the line then, because I'm not seeing it either. Otherwise, you are full of shit.
>>
>>89333998
How the flying fuck am I a fujo? And no, I checked again, I still don't see it.
>>
>>89333849
>Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
>On a must-see Japan animation list

Fucking why? I'm a huge Kirbyfag, but English Dedede memes aside, this show was mostly forgettable. The best episodes were the haunted house two-parter, the wolfwrath episode where meta knight fucking dies, the kart-racing episode, and the finale. Also whoever thought that randomly switching Dedede, Escargon, and Kirby back and forth between 2D and 3D animation needs a swift asskicking.
>>
>>89334935
It just is, you also forgot abut the 2 episodes where Dedede makes a cartoon as well.
>>
>>89335168
>that episode where Dedede's animation sweatshop turns a child into a titty monster

I almost forgot about that

But yeah, that was a good 2-parter
>>
>>89335201
It sure was.
>>
>>89315593
Anon, this is when you learn you don't have to like something even if it's good. This is why different taste exists.
>>
Artstyle is boring. Stilted animation makes sense with a detailed and appealing artstyle, this isn't it so the lack of animation feels unbalanced.

This show, Avatar, the recent Thundercats reboot, they all remind me of that phase DeviantART went through when the early-00's anime bubble burst. The one where a bunch of artists went "oh learning to draw from anime is for poseurs, it forms bad habits, I've moved on from that" and then they started drawing in this weird pseudo-Disney style that wasn't very expressive like actual Disney, or very detailed like the anime they used to admire. Artists like Salamandersoup or BobbyRubio or the person that drew the OOC Avatar comics that went on to storyboard Avatar and Korra. It's art with the corners trimmed off, as though it's trying to avoid looking too much like something it was inspired from (to avoid copying bad habits?) so it has a lack of identity, but ironically enough of these artists have come together that they form a vast sea of this visual porridge.

That's just a personal issue. The real reason most people aren't interested is because it's a serial kids' show that borrows from the aspects of Japanese and American cartoons without inheriting the strengths of either, so the writing and continuity isn't very strong and the action isn't expressive or dynamic or fluid. And it's a retread of an IP most kids aren't interested in, just old folks who grew up on but are generally tired of serial kids shows and want more meat on the bone.
>>
File: Animaniacs-post1.jpg (215KB, 510x424px) Image search: [Google]
Animaniacs-post1.jpg
215KB, 510x424px
>>89315774
>there's nothing interesting in the show besides shipping
That can apply to many shows that degenerate shippers get their hands on.

Star vs FoE is a prime example. Nearly every thread is nothing but shipping filth
>>
>>89336558
>the action isn't expressive or dynamic or fluid.
It's way better than any other currently-running American action cartoon.
>>
>>89338714
It's not an excuse
>>
File: 1466097344822.png (253KB, 488x473px) Image search: [Google]
1466097344822.png
253KB, 488x473px
How the fuck is generic? It twisted and turned my expectations a lot. Hell, even the filler comics had great writing that defied expectations a lot like with the guardian fight but this is clearly a shitty bait thread so who cares, OP is probably an /m fag who would be praising this shit if it wasn't Amerimecha
>>
File: 02.png (80KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
80KB, 250x250px
>>89316669
Did you not see how Keith handled the trials when he wanted to discover his past and how he realized he needed to move on and ignore it if he wanted to save the universe? Pidge on the other hand keeps getting distracted by her desire to find Matt. Not to mention that Shiro knows the black lion trusts Keith enough to let him pilot it. I'm convinced you slept through the series. Also nice try implying that Pidge is the only one who has saved the team before even though Keith was the only one who could go through that asteroid belt, for starters.

Also Hunk had plenty of moments of showing he was competent such as when he suggested something to Coran and Lance (forgot exactly what it was) they couldn't figure out. Lance has been less obsessed with women lately which is why he didn't try to stick around with the jellyfish lady or make her come with him or whatever the fuck, as opposed to the first season where he almost lost the lion.
>>
>>89338714
>It's way better than any other currently-running American action cartoon.

It's a good thing that's a broad category with a vast selection of series to pick from or your overly-specific post would sure look rather silly right now
>>
>>89336558
Yeah, that style you're referring to -- trimmed, stylized and homogenized -- is basically something that resulted from storyboarding and comic artists.

It seems that now storyboarders have a bigger hand in production and the style seeps thorough. It's not bad. I just wish that "Korean Disney" or whatever you call it, wasn't so big in the main studios.
>>
File: 1485055463175.png (2MB, 1280x1609px) Image search: [Google]
1485055463175.png
2MB, 1280x1609px
>>89316673
Nobody cares about that shit, anon

>>89320858
Come the fuck on, Voltron punching Prorock was the hypest shit ever, the animation budget is huge and it shows with how hype the explosions and hit impacts are. Seeing the lions split up then recombine for certain scenes like against the 3rd Angel thingy was also pretty cool, I like how the individual lions make a difference here as opposed to the original series. Shit, even the hand to hand fights like Shiro VS Zarkon on the astral plane was hype, brutal as fuck seeing that "blood" squirting from Shiro. And don't pretend the Getter Robo tribute in the final battle was anything short of fantastic.
>>
>person using an image of the same character in every post they make while defending the show

So this is a falseflag to try and drum up some attention to this series no-one cares about, I'm guessing
>>
>>89321355
Yes because they totally had to find a chink in the armour of the cube and it wasn't Pidge's mechanical ingenuity that allowed he to disable it. Shiro totally defeated Zarkon on the astral plane without the lion's overpowering help. The crew totally beat Zarkon by exploiting a chink in his armour and not sacrificing Shiro after stealing his bayard back. Nice generalization there though bud.

Also there are plenty of non-episodic plotlines, like them finding the order which helps develop the subplot of Keith's past and brings members into the castle, or the 3rd Angel enemy appearing again bigger and badder than ever rather than being a one-time monster of the week (also notice that this time they defeated it on their own rather than used the Balmera, indicating they've gotten stronger over time)

There are some episodes where that's the format yes but they mix it up plenty, the mall episode was my favourite.
>>
>>89339077
Meanwhile, the plot is too slow in some places and too fast in others. There is no worldbuild or build up.
>>
File: zarkon_by_hyena_smile-da6i59n.jpg (488KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
zarkon_by_hyena_smile-da6i59n.jpg
488KB, 675x900px
>>89328065
It was meant to portray how Zarkon wasn't a perfect villain stu like he was hyped up to be in the first season and how even the most brilliant dictators have their shortcomings. I loved how they showed him obsessing over the black lion, showing he had a human side and did care about something, hopefully they explore this more with his relationship with Lotor. Also his mech was a mix of fucking Epyon and Weltall Id

Is it suddenly cool to hate on this series for idiotic reasons now?
>>
>>89328689
Gundam Wing is awesome too though. Only hipster UCfags hate it
>>
>>89339178
He goes from "oh shit, run!" To "Ultimate Warrior" in the spam of "two" seasons. It's fucking blows.
>>
>>89315593
I liked it quite a bit. A dramatic step up from original voltron in every way and also a damn good scifi on the side.
>>
File: Baraka.gif (2MB, 350x188px) Image search: [Google]
Baraka.gif
2MB, 350x188px
>>89330381
Miyazaki is a horrible creator, a pedophile, pretentious, a hypocrite, and out of touch with the most overrated films to come out of mankind. Green acid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> shitty pink acid

Like seriously, do you actually believe that this stage would look better if it's pink? If your answer is no then you admit you're looking for reasons to hate the series, if your answer is yes then you admit you have no sense of style, taste or colour
>>
>>89330428
I really hope you're only ironically agreeing with this poorly structured block of text
>>
>>89321033
RULES OF NATURE

i dunno looks pretty dope
>>
File: Pidge hawt.jpg (49KB, 520x700px) Image search: [Google]
Pidge hawt.jpg
49KB, 520x700px
>>89330791
Is that why 5/7 of the main characters are male, the most evil and underhanded character aside from maybe Zarkon is female, Pidge turned out to be space Mulan rather than trans, there's no gay romance, etc? I hope to fucking god you aren't going to bring up the races/skin colours because if so it shows you know nothing about Voltron, Golion, or the transition between the two
>>
>>89315593
>Everything about the show is great, but I don't like it

Have you thought that maybe it's you?
Have you considered talking to someone about your depression?
>>
>>89333405
Megas XLR
Sym Bionic Titan
Pacific Rim
Transformers (inb4 not mecha because not piloted, because Raideen totally wasn't mecha amirite guys?)

Just off the top of my head
>>
>>89315593
"Why is this so fucking bad? It defies logic. It has great animation, character design, voice acting, I can't even think of anything immediately bad about the writing/dialogue. Yet the show is completely unremarkable and uninteresting"
Thats the dumbest thing you have probably ever typed.
It might be a bit bland but its fun and the characters (most of them) have charisma.Also the action is amazing.
This is the worst bait i have seen in a while
>>
>>89333849
You had me at "Avatar was never funny, it was just embarrassing" as I genuinely believe ATLA to be the worst and most overrated work of fiction in existence. Then I read the rest of your post and realized that YOU are the embarrassment
>>
File: 1465882550390.jpg (133KB, 714x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1465882550390.jpg
133KB, 714x1000px
>>89333876
>Explore why Shiro thinks so much of the dude who conquered the order's trials and was trusted by the black lion

You got me there mate
>>
File: 1467389349690.jpg (10KB, 228x257px) Image search: [Google]
1467389349690.jpg
10KB, 228x257px
>>89333915
This faggot's just trying to fearmonger you all just disregard him, all it says is that one of their Indian studios is gone and their film division is being trimmed. It says nothing that pertains to their Netflix originals at all
>>
>>89339422
don't worry comrade, anytime a manbabby on co hates something they just involuntarily shout "TUMBLR" and go into convulsions
>>
>>89339077
The best animation in the world is just pretty pictures if there's no interesting characters to go along with it
>>
>>89336714
If I could show the world the list of good fanbases out there, I would be proud to present the blankest piece of paper of all time. Hating a series for its fanbase is autistic as hell
>>
>>89339139
The Balmera was explored pretty in depth and shown multiple times. The culture and technological aspect of the planet from the beginning of season 2 was pretty memorable. The castle of lions, order, Zarkon's headquarters, etc are gradually having more details added. There are hiccups in pace but saying there's absolutely no worldbuilding is being disingenuous.
>>
>>89339240
When was Zarkon a pussy who always ran away? What are you even talking about right now? Did you actually watch the series? The first season had him fighting a lion on foot.
>>
>>89339573
I've figured by now
>>
The problem is that it looks like an Avatar Bootleg. IN SPACE.

At least tone down the Space Sokka and the Space Zuko.
>>
>>89333484
Okay, one, this
>>89333484

Two, VLD is far and away their most successful property in that field right now. Why the fuck would they hamstring their own success like that?

Moreover, there's ZERO evidence to support the theory that they will, it's entirely you demanding a show be cancelled because reasons.
I can understand not liking something, but why would you wish the termination of something like that? Further, why would you insist the termination of that thing is imminent based on your own personal assumptions and surmisations?
Who hurt you, anon?
>>
>>89339601
So we've gone from "the animation is totally shitty guys" to "well that doesn't matter because the characters aren't interesting." Starting to crack I see.

Explain how none of the characters have anything interesting about them; no distinctive personalities that make them stand out from each other, no unique appearances or stylistic designs with outfits that stand out, bad voice actors you'd see in a 90's OVA, no competency making them useless deadweight to the team, no memorable lines, no shining moments in action scenes, etc.

Then you can argue that they're uninteresting cardboard cut-outs unlike the totally 10/10 cast of characters from TRUE NIPPON MASTERPIECES like Mars of Destruction, Gundam Seed Destiny, Cross Ange, and of course Chode Gayass.
>>
>>89339708
How can it be a bootleg of Avatar when it's by the exact same studio and many of the same people? Also Keith is hardly anything like that little twat Zuko except the fact both have that missing mother subplot going on and even then they go in completely different directions.

You remind me of a dude who thought Breath of Fire was a rip-off of Street Fighter because the main character was named Ryu despite Capcom making both franchises
>>
>>89339742

I direct you to

>>89339569

Don't listen to that faggot, he just likes spreading bullshit to scare people. This isn't even the first Voltron thread I've seen him in
>>
>Show comes out
>Show is good
>Lots of people watch show
>Some of the people who watch show are fujos
>Fujos won't shut the fuck up about their pairings
>Based on the sheer volume of posts about pairings, people begin to assume that's all the show is about
>New people try to get into the show based on this assumption
>Come out disappointed that there's basically zero actual relationship stuff in the show proper
>Make a thread about "I don't get it, it looks good, but it's so boring!"

Have I got that right?
>>
File: 1465862075573.gif (1MB, 451x333px) Image search: [Google]
1465862075573.gif
1MB, 451x333px
>>89339907
Sounds precisely like the case. I don't give the slightest fuck about pairings, I grew up on the classic Voltron series and even collected the classic GoLion DVDs. This new series shits on the rest.
>>
>>89339649
Balmera...
Pretty DEEP...

I know the place is a fucking Hope, but come on. That episode in text book example of "show, don't tell" And Deus Ex Machina or in this case, Planet Ex Machina.
>>
>>89339683
He goes full "muh Hulk... BLACK LION" and acted like a retarded for almost all the Season.
>>
>>89340320
*Hole

Fuck you, auto correct
>>
>>89340347
Pretty much. Until the finale, he's all "GIMME MORE POWER!" and collapsing like a pussy when they give him said power. In fact, he doesn't do a whole lot until the climax of season 1 too.

I'll admit the fight was cool though.
>>
>>89339073
Actually I'm pretty sure that the style is the way it is because so many of the creators of VLD also worker on Korra, including two directors and the lead character designer. Others who didn't work on Korra but now work on Voltron have very similar styles to everyone else on the team, just by way of having to draw the characters for 40 hours a week. Or at least that's the impression I get from following a bunch of the creative team on Instagram.
>>
>>89338888
I mean sure, you can demand better, but you should know that American studios aren't ever going to provide the necessary budget for stellar action animation. VLD is about as good as it gets at this point.

>>89339070
Would like to name some examples of currently airing American action shows that have better animated and choreographed action scenes than VLD? I'll wait.
>>
>>89336558
>The real reason most people aren't interested
I keep seeing people say stuff like this but I've never actually seen anyone provide any sources as to how many people are watching the show, what kind of people are watching it, and how much do they like it. It just sounds like you're desperately trying to convince everyone that it's not popular but without anything to back it up.
>>
>>89328790
Did you not see where I said "it defies logic"?
>>
>>89336558
>Salamandersoup

Holy shit, I actually went to college with her years ago.
>>
>>89341485
>Would like to name some examples of currently airing American action shows that have better animated and choreographed action scenes than VLD?

Would you like to refute the suggestion that there is a remarkably low number of currently airing American animated action shows? And that saying it's the "best" [subjective] in the market is like saying it's the "best" currently airing American action adaptation of Voltron, which is to say "so narrow as to be useless as a categorisation"?
>>
>>89341485

"It doesn't have to be better because it's usually worse" isn't the argument you think it is.
>>
>>89339330
>pedophile
what?
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.