[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this dude went from a god of gods of gods to a regular jobber

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 465
Thread images: 78

File: 1484838846723.jpg (795KB, 1893x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1484838846723.jpg
795KB, 1893x1920px
So this dude went from a god of gods of gods to a regular jobber in less than two years.
>>
I mean, he did get attacked by millions of beyonders, no?

It's not like it was the Thing or some shit.
>>
don't worry dude, he's dead again in the current timeline now
>>
>>89313799
>Still reading Marvel
You deserve it for continuing to patron a company that literally thinks aggressively pissing off their own customers and readers is a long term viable business strategy
>>
File: RCO008_1484760250.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO008_1484760250.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
>>89314446
This time he got murdered by two comics aspects of a single universe, which should sound believable, but considering he is supposed to be the seneschal of multiverse feels like a human being taken down by two squirrels.
>>
>>89315206
Not at all, Living Tribunal literally just stated the previous cosmic hierarchy was meaningless, which prompted Order and Chaos to test that hypothesis out.
>>
>>89315206
Order and Chaos are multiversal in nature not universal. Secondly, the entire point of Ultimates^2 is that the hierarchy has yet to form and all the aspects are equal, which is why Galactus was able to stand up to Order and Chaos just as they stood up to LT.

Finally, Living Tribunal was the strongest thing in the old multiverse, but in terms of aspects he specifically represented justice, hence him being a tribunal and Chaos, Order, and Galactus going to him to be the arbiter to settle their dispute. This has huge ramifications on the new multiverse, justice is not the single strongest force in it unlike the old one.
>>
File: RCO021_1484760250.jpg (3MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
RCO021_1484760250.jpg
3MB, 1988x3056px
>>89315281
As of now this nigga is top dog. Well him and the dude who chained up Eternity. For all of Marvel's faults I do like their cosmic stuff.
>>
>>89315206
I mean, that's not the same Living Tribunal though. That's just Adam Warlock.
>>
>>89313799
Starlin did it first. Marvel The End. Got sucked right up like everyone else.
>>89315206
He himself explains why it's possible in the prior issue, it's what spurns Order 7 Chaos into action.
Not to mention it was an all-new all-different Living Tribunal from the last one who hadn't even fully adjusted to his own role or power.
>>
File: Unavngivet.png (764KB, 522x626px) Image search: [Google]
Unavngivet.png
764KB, 522x626px
>>89315628
True, buy he assumed the position of the old Tribunal, for all intents and purposes, becoming it in the process.
>>
>>89315628
You can't really say it's JUST Adam Warlock. He had all of TLT's power, just none of the experience. Shit he had detrimental experience, dude spent a lifetime as a mortal (kinda). The upgrade's damn jarring. Takes a while getting used to.
>>
>>89315766
The best part is that after becoming the Living Tribunal, he says he won't make the same mistakes that the last one made and is waaaay more powerful than the last one so there's no chance of him getting killed.

Then he dies in his first appearance.
>>
What's the status on the beyonders? All dead, or what?
>>
>>89315845
100 percent just playing dead for some cosmic reason, probably to see the how the universe would faire without his interference or some similar reason.
>>
>>89315845
>and is waaaay more powerful than the last one
Citation needed.
>>
File: Black_Priests.jpg (214KB, 993x647px) Image search: [Google]
Black_Priests.jpg
214KB, 993x647px
>>89313799
Whatever happened to the black priests, they sorta just fiddled out from what I remember.
>>
File: BEYOND BEYONDERS.jpg (66KB, 634x439px) Image search: [Google]
BEYOND BEYONDERS.jpg
66KB, 634x439px
>>89315858
Until someone decides they aren't I guess.
Probably ain't gonna show tho
>>
>>89315206
Am I the only one getting tired that 616/Earth 8 gets to dictate the entire Multiverse?
>>
>>89315529
Owen is still top dog
>>
>>89316068
Agreed, but it's just the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

Earth is the planet that dictates the entire universe because the comics needs to be sold on the real Earth and therefore mainly Earth-centric and 616 is the universe that gets to dictate the entire multiverse because that's the main one most follow.

On that note did the ultimate universe get resurrected as well or just merged with the 616 one since they're so similar.
>>
>>89315206
I do like how creeped out Galactus is in the second panel there.
>>
>>89316258
He almost shouldn't be, he himself committed a similar act of defiance against the law of the cosmos by beating Chaos and Order, now they just did the same thing to an even higher power. Calactus himself could probably have killed him since the new order of things seems to be in flux.
>>
>>89315858
Doom said he killed them all. The Shaper of Worlds' Ghost said "Nothing Dies."

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>89315968
The Black Swans killed them all when they did their all out attack on the Library of Worlds.
>>
>>89315206
Relax everyone, being killed and coming back is a fetish for Warlock at this point.

He'll be back in no time.
>>
>>89316487
Bummer, they were baller as fuck.
>>
>>89315529
Looks badass. I'd worship this.
>>
>>89315858
I remember when this panel and the Beyonders were shown for the first time.
>AYY LMAO
>>
>>89315293
>justice is not the single strongest force in it unlike the old one
that explain CW2
>>
>>89315529
They are gonna break his arms and eat his wings like a little bitch
>>
>>89318975
Who?
>>
>>89319002
Owen for the lulz, and Order has a shitty attitude he wont make friends.

His pride is his doomfall, it's should be obvious.
>>
>>89313799
I really didn't think he existed in a format that could be beaten up and knocked out in the first place.
>>
File: 01.jpg (21KB, 146x215px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
21KB, 146x215px
>>89313799
Yo since this is basically an Ultimates thread; I was supposed to do a Chaos/Order/Inbetweener storytime only for Windows 10 to fuck up my PC threefold. By this point I was gonna cut my losses and save it 'til just before the next issue comes out... but everything seems to work again now and gathering all the issues turned out to be way easier than expected sooo... I could plausibly do it tomorrow?

Anyone comping at the bit to see it ASAP, or should I sit on it for a couple weeks? Maybe I could do it halfway between now & next issue, as a sort of pitstop.
>>
>>89315529
Looks like a less Tree-like aspect of Eon/Epoch
>>
File: Why Ultra Why.jpg (1MB, 1703x2498px) Image search: [Google]
Why Ultra Why.jpg
1MB, 1703x2498px
>>89314446
>Killed by something Doom cucked

>>89315206
>Then killed by floating heads

Why are Marvel cosmics so damn weak? Step up your game Marvel.
>>
>>89316213
Earth has consistently produced some of the most powerful beings in the 616 to multiverse, or someone who is incredibly important to the movers and shakers of the universe.

>Molecule Man
>Sentry
>At least 4 cube beings, with the ability to make as many cosmic cubes as they want
>Franklin Richards
>Sorcerer, Scientist, and Explorer Supreme which are all Eternity's go to boys
>Celestials' goto boy in Apocalypse
>Quasar=Guardian of the Universe
>Mad Jim Jaspers
>Eternals to Thanos
>Magus
>Ulysses
>Phoenix is usually a Human
>>
>>89320178

>Phoenix is usually a Human

fuck you now you got me hoping Ewing brings that into Cosmic Play and writes X-Men stuff
>>
>>89319968
Marvel has been depowering nearly everyone for a few years now. The cosmics keep getting killed, the skyfathers are pretty terrible now, and then most gods are mid tier bricks.

But Carol and a bunch of street level heroes are getting amped way up at the same time.
>>
>>89320228

>he thinks Carol is just now getting cosmic level powers

Casuals go home
>>
>>89319968
>step up your game Marvel
>posts Marvel's current cosmic big bad, The Cosmic Jailer
...?
>>
>>89319968
>Why are Marvel cosmics so damn weak?
because all of their power level are set the same after being recreated.
>>
>>89320178
>Molecule Man
planting by the beyonder as the bomb
>Franklin Richards
Cosmic parents+mutant
>At least 4 cube beings, with the ability to make as many cosmic cubes as they want
Seriously though,is the cube so easy to be made?
>>
>>89320265
>posting something he read on a wiki

Yea try reading everything through the 80's and 90's and then onto the mid 00's and you will not see Binary. Carol was back to her same old powers until 12'

Try to pretend your wiki read from five minutes ago matters casualfag
>>
>>89320339
Apparently so, AIM made the first one and that was supposed to be some incredible feat..

But then the Badoon and Skrulls figured it out and made their own. Then Reed makes them on occasion. Doom had one on him without explanation, then Modok had one also without explanation. Then that one scene where Reed just happened to have one in his pocket.

Kree never got one, even though they can manufacture near cosmic level characters and make nega bands all day.
>>
Tldr the whole beyonder thing for me
>>
File: 1310581525531.jpg (7KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
1310581525531.jpg
7KB, 300x250px
>>89320358
Get mad casual
>>
>>89315529
So, why is it called Logos?
>>
>>89320289
>The Empty Hand is the Cosmic Jailer

God that would be cool. Don't fuck this up Ewing.
>>
>>89320265
Was it ever explained why she could not turn into Binary after the Starjammers stuff?

Pretty sure she was back as Marvel because they wanted Marvel back, but what was the in universe explanation for not turning into Binary any longer?
>>
File: 69_14.jpg (209KB, 959x680px) Image search: [Google]
69_14.jpg
209KB, 959x680px
>>89320486
Pic related is an image of the Cosmic Jailer. See how his hand is empty?
>>
>>89315858
They're dead but "Everything lives" they'll comeback eventually
>>
>>89320339
All you need to do to make a cosmic cube is basically be in the right place at the right time. The Beyonders would occasionally poke a hole into the universe and let out some beyonder jizz. If you have a strong enough container waiting in place, you can capture the jizz and it turns into a cosmic cube.
>>
>>89320420
Which whole Beyonder thing? There's been a few.
>>
>>89320584
Oh fuck, so he is directly connected to both D.C. And Marvel now?
>>
>>89320420
>Beyonder was the guy responsible for the original 80's Secret Wars. He wasn't given much description. He was from "Beyond" and wanted heroes and villians to fight on Battleworld for shits and giggles and to see how "good" and "evil" worked. Basically an OS Star Trek Character

>Becomes human in Secret Wars II in an attempt to finally "get" these human creatures. Turns out he's an evolved cosmic cube.

>But no really there's a race of Beyonders and they're the big guy final bosses of the multiverse.

>They're so big and powerful they cucked the Living Tribunal, the Celestials, all the established "best of the bests".

>They also look like Ay Lamaos

>They want to destroy the multiverse for shits and giggles. It turns out each universe's Molecule Man is one of their anti-universe bombs. This leads to the Incursions and Times Runs Out because of really silly and convoluted reasons.

>In spite of being the big guys in charge Doom BTFO them because Hickman has a huge Doom boner.

>616 Molecule Man is now the top power of the multiverse. Beyonders are dead but are probably going to be not-dead soon because the Shaper's Ghost said everything is coming back to life.
>>
>>89320468
>Logos, ( Greek: “word,” “reason,” or “plan”) plural logoi, in Greek philosophy and theology, the divine reason implicit in the cosmos, ordering it and giving it form and meaning.
>>
>>89320676
Molecule man? Wasn't he a fucking gag villain a long time ago?
>>
>>89320584
>Dat Intellectron Eye
>Dat attacking through dreams like on Earth Me
>Dat Empty Left Hand

Ewing Marvel doesn't deserve you.
>>
>>89320664
The Empty Hand is a being from beyond the omniverse that feasts on the carcasses of dead multiverses. In Multiversity #2, he says that he's already defeated Multiverse-2 and this came out right at the same time as Secret Wars #1 where the Marvel multiverse was destroyed. He also says that now he's devouring Multiverse-2 for sustenance, and the Cosmic Jailer is currently keeping the multiversal Eternity in chains and feeding on him.

One can assume that Multiverse-2 was referring to the Marvel Multiverse, which would mean that the Cosmic Jailer is The Empty Hand, or at least an aspect or agent of his. Since his body as it appears in the DC multiverse is that of Ultra Comics, it's likely that he has different versions of himself for each multiverse. I imagine he'll appear differently and have a different name as the Cosmic Jailer, mainly because Marvel obviously can't just straight up use him since DC owns him. Or does he own DC?
>>
File: DO IT SLAVE.jpg (109KB, 799x539px) Image search: [Google]
DO IT SLAVE.jpg
109KB, 799x539px
>>89320664
>Ewing and Morrison will never write JLA/Avengers 2

WAKE ME UP
>>
>>89320676
It is worth noting that The Beyonders were actually created before The Beyonder. The Evolutionary War happened because the High Evolutionary was dead set on proving that he could evolve humanity to be as powerful as The Beyonders.
>>
>>89320724
No

He was supposed to be the scariest FF villain back in the 60's. His character was he was a wimp but he had near total power over all matter so he was damn hard to defeat.
>>
>>89320724
wew fuckin lad
>>
>>89320724
>Gag villain

His gimmick always was that he was a self-conscious insecure weenie with god powers.
>>
Who or What the fuck is Shaper's ghost
>>
File: capistoohydraforthisshit.jpg (418KB, 788x992px) Image search: [Google]
capistoohydraforthisshit.jpg
418KB, 788x992px
>>89320778
>Ewing is easily the best writer they have on payroll
>cares more about continuity than any of the editors
>goes out of his way to reference his co-workers' books
>runs Guggenheim levels of damage control and continuity clean-up
>even panders to Marvel's need for progressivism without letting it detract from his stories

>all his books tank in sales
Ewing is the hero we need but not the one we deserve.
>>
>>89320806
Shit if Ewing uses this to directly connect multiversity to ultamites I'd die a happy man it be really be cool if he put in a throw away line to the 52
>>
>>89321052
He's got a cast of D-listers to try and tell his awesome cosmic stories with. Marvel stacked the deck against him.

>>89321081
He kind of already has, he's just being really sneaky about it.
>>
>>89321011
The Shaper of Worlds (sentient cosmic cube born from the Skrulls' cosmic cube) died in the Silver Surfer's Secret Wars tie-in. Since "Nothing Dies," his ghost survived and managed to enter 616-8 so he could deliver his warning to Galactus.
>>
>>89321052

The only ones who could appreciate Ewing fully are the pirates who download big collections of comics and get a big collection of comics every week from torrent sites.

To a normal reader--someone who is actually buying floppies--Ewing's stories are weird and confusing.
>>
>>89321109
Damn you think ultamites is building up to another cosmic level event of destruction?
>>
>>89321155
Well we already got Logos vs Galactus. Things are heating up.
>>
>>89321155
It's very clearly building up to Eternity War. All of Ewing's books have referenced the fact that the "Eternity War" is coming on multiple occasions. Captain America 20XX mentioned it in both New Avengers and USAvengers, it's been brought up in Ultimates and Ultimates^2 that a "war" is coming, and I think there was one reference to it in Contest of Champions but I might be misremembering.

The common assumption is that Eternity War will be the big summer event meant to coincide with Avengers: Infinity War's release like CWII was for Civil War.
>>
>>89321225
>Tie into Infinity War

>Bendis makes it Thanos centric

>Carol has a leading role

PLEASE GOD NO GOD PLEASE NO
>>
>>89315206
> tease that isn't even his real face.
> they kill all his other faces.

So-- he's basically reconstructing his body with his hidden face isn't he?
>>
>>89320676
>le Hickman Doom Boner meme
Honestly people that believe this obviously never read his F4 run, obviously the Battleworld thing is a pretty big wank thingbut it had to be someone in the scheme, if it were Molecule man would it gave been MM wank, Reed (who has 10 times the feats Doom does in the run for the record) reed wank? Hell it should have been Franklin if anyone.
The things people cite as Doomwank for the run often are often taken out of context where the cintext actually has Doom btfo
>Doom was god of his own universe, what wank
>the universe was lawless and chaotic, inhabited only by monsters, Doom ruled through strength and intellect alone, and eventually he is dethroned bu those monsters and forcibly evicted from that universe
>Doom fights celestials, what Wank!
>he lasts 20 minutes and gets fucking wrecked

Let's not forget
>Doom needs Reed to fix his brain at the start of the series
>Doom gets owned by the evil reeds and needs Reed's Dad to save him
>He's not even involved in the final conflict

The "All hope lies in Doom" thing refers to him holding off the Celestials for 20 minutes, which gives the FF time to escape and eventually save the day.
All this is far from a "boner"

Stop being a casual parrot and read a comic
>>
>>89321223
And Thanos is busy preparing his big love letter to Oblivion. The last time Thanos tried doing a big love letter to an abstract we got Infinity Gauntlet.

Speaking of Oblivion, we haven't seen his avatar, Maelstrom, in a while. The same Maelstrom that's the conspicuously unused Inhumans villain. I wonder if the new inhumans writer will use him at any point since it's weird that one of the few major inhumans villains hasn't been used since this big inhumans push started. And who is going to be writing the inhumans starting in April?

Oh right: Ewing
>>
>>89321273
Considering both Carol and Thanos are being set up to have major roles in it already, that's probably a pretty safe bet regardless.
>>
>>89321275
When asked on twitter, Ewing said his "death" can have "3 possible outcomes."

One can assume those 3 outcomes are:
>Adam Tribunal
>Magus Tribunal
>Goddess Tribunal
>>
>>89320490
The reason she was Binary at all was because she was drawing power from a White Hole almost at all times. For some reason, during Busiek's Avengers, the connection was said to have been severed, so she was back her Ms. Marvel power levels. However, Reed's Ms. Marvel run established that, if she could draw on enough power, she could temporarily turn back into Binary.
>>
>>89313799

I swear Marvel writers these days have no respect for anything they didn't create themselves
>>
>>89315206
I love how Ewing writes Order and Chaos. They're actually kind of cute together.

>>89321275
It's Adam. Death isn't shit to him.

>>89321302
>Hickman defense team Go!

>Doom under Stan and Jack: Arrogant dictator who got his shit pushed in by the Thing so hard it broke his will and spirit

>Doom under Hickman: Becomes king of the universe, Kills the Beyonders, "I made the hard choices so you wouldn't have to and saved all of creation while the heroes dicked around".

Hickman is to Doom what Englehart is to Mantis.
>>
Longshot with a cosmic cube can fuck up Logos, Order and Chaos
he should be the one babysitting Kobik
>>
File: images (2).jpg (13KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
13KB, 253x200px
>>89321136
>>
>>89321273
Yes.
YESSSS.
kween
>>
>>89321136

No it's also people who have been around forever and read all this shit. It's the meat and potatoes
>>
>>89321273
They need to keep bendis locked in the cellar for the next event guy can't write big events for shit
>>
>>89321668
OH BOY, ARE YOU READY FOR HIM TO COMPLETELY IGNORE EWING'S RUN AND DO WHATEVER THE FUCK HE WANTS WITH THE COSMOLOGY?

I bet you he resets Galactus. And he won't even explain why.
>>
>>89321704
?
Anon Eternity War is going to be Ewing's event. Events are the culmination of specific comic runs by the same writer. Remender didn't write Uncanny Avengers for 2 years only to see Humphries write AXIS.
Calm down, dear.
>>
>>89321704
>>89321844
*The main character SHOULD totes be Carol tho
>>
>>89321704
>>89321844
Speaking of bendis and shitty events are we ever getting that follow up to whatever the fuck happened to Ulysses?
>>
>>89321844
who will be his main team?
I hope it's a crazy combo of
Sunspot, Loki,Songbird, Starbrand, Demurge saves the Marvel Universe
>>
>>89321948
Probably by Ewing. Ewing wrote the Ulysses mini that tied into CWII and he's going to be writing the main Inhumans book going forward. Also he's the one whose handling all the cosmic abstract shit at Marvel right now and Ulysses is now hanging with the abstracts.
>>
>yo look at these eternal immutable universal dieties, truly we are as mayflies

>they get punked and die and change every two fucking months, regular ass human characters are more consistent

Cosmic shit is a fucking mistake in cape books.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
>>89326103
Seriously this, we have characters that are written as literal multiversal gods-of-gods that mean literally nothing because we never see them do anything other than cuck each other and die. Using the "cosmic" tag to describe a marvel character is the easiest way to set something up to be completely utterly meaningless.
>Hurr Durr muh multiversal level we wuz creating universes and sheit
Doesn't actually mean shit because they're power levels are so completely tell instead of show that the point is totally lost.
Seriously If I lived in the marvel universe and a cosmic entity appeared in front of me proclaiming himself as the master of multiversal time or space or life or death or something gay and retarded I would just walk away, because as far as the comics are concerned he can't actually do anything besides talk shit and eventually get fucked by his twin brother who happens to look like an androgynous disembodied head because memes.
Cosmic shit is the ultimate and most autistic cancer in cape books and it really needs to fucking die.
>>
>>89327140
Agreed. Keep the characters on fucking Earth. Nobody can relate to space adventures
>>
>>89327423
>muh relatability
Lol nah nigga.
>>
>>89320178
You forgot Legion
>>
>>89328517
Legion retconned himself out of existence.
>>
>>89321508
Oh no, you just referenced Secret Wars again without refuting the idea of it being wank if it had been another character in the same situation.
Thanks for playing.
And for the record I fucking hated SW, the tie ins were good (some of them at least, they had a fuckload) but the main story was garbage.
>>
>>89320413
Since the cubes are basically baby Beyonders or Beyonder probes, it would make sense on a meta level that they became more prominent and their numbers increased leading up to the huge Beyonder event. Now the Marvel Multiverse has apparently started attracting the attention of other beings on the same scale as the Beyonders from the monito-errrr I mean the gray space outside the known universe, which is outside of the super bleed which is totally original and not ripped from DC comics at all...

Seriously, am I the only one in the whole freakin world that realizes that Marvel is basically ripping their entire 'new' cosmic setup from DC? I am waiting for the freakin' cosmic vampires to show up. We already had the bleedships and etc...
>>
>>89313799
Capeshit,anon. The fuck did you expect exactly?
>>
>>89330748
>the freakin' cosmic vampires
Spiderverse 2 Cosmic power Morluns
>>
>>89315529
>Final Fantasy music starts playing in the background
>>
>>89332647
THIS
>>
>>89320468
someone at marvel read the a wikipedia article about heraclitus
>>
>>89319968
talk shit about marvel cosmics when they have the big bad get sung out of existence like a punk bitch.
>>
>>89321508
>>Doom under Hickman: Becomes king of the universe, Kills the Beyonders, "I made the hard choices so you wouldn't have to and saved all of creation while the heroes dicked around".

then he gets fucking owned and loses to his eternal rival who does a better job at saving the multiverse by actually recreating it.
>>
>>89333052
That was suerman channeling his silver age asspull superpowers. The multiverse had already been destroyed, technically.

>>89330748
Don't forget the cage around all reality, dreams and stories altering the composition of the multiverse, etc. Honestly, I'm loving it, Marvel really needed to learn from dc when it coes to cosmology, plus the new distribution of the marvel multiverse feeds the hypercrisis..
>>
>>89320265
>got slapped around gladiator
Binary was never all that impressive until she blew up a planet.
>>
>>89320806
The empty hand is supposed to be the embodiment of the readers. He technically doesn't belong to dc. Same with the overmonitor, which is a piece of paper.
>>
>>89321109
>He's got a cast of D-listers to try and tell his awesome cosmic stories with. Marvel stacked the deck against him.
Ewing is the one that pulls obscure characters out of his ass. At best they stuck Carol on him, the clearly don't care about the rest of the team, even MAC was just an accessory to Kate until recently.
>>
>>89333120
Gladiator is pretty op. He rekt Vulcan with zero effort and punched a planet apart.
>>
>>89316068
According to the maker, the reason for this is that 616 was both the last one to die in the old universe and the first one to be reborn. It IS a special universe.
>>
>>89333381
Is he and Miles the only people from the Ultimate universe to survive?
>>
>>89333582
Bombshell made it in, but I guess she is included in mile's extended cast
>>
>>89313799
bump
>>
I thought Tribunal was OOA's representative and as such unkillable, and only deployed to deal with idiots trying to blow up universes.
>>
>>89321052
He's not. He's an sub-par writer in an era of shitty writers. All his cosmic shit is all style, no substance. He also really has a fetish for black people and Blue Marvel sucks.
>>
File: 1452118648202.png (1MB, 1489x1319px) Image search: [Google]
1452118648202.png
1MB, 1489x1319px
>>89335341
>He also really has a fetish for black people
>can't use more than one Black character at a time without it being called a fetish or sjw pandering
>>
>>89335416
nu/co/ doesnt actually read comics, don't try and reason with them
>>
>>89315529
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujOChTr2PkM
>>
>>89316068
616 is the "quantum address" of the universe-

616 is now in the same "address" but being the first reborn is now more important than before.
>>
>>89330748
>f the super bleed which is totally original and not ripped from DC comics at all...
the bleed was Ellis idea for Wildstorm-
he recycled the same idea in newUniversal for Marvel
>>
File: oneofthose.png (24KB, 94x223px) Image search: [Google]
oneofthose.png
24KB, 94x223px
>>89335341
>and Blue Marvel sucks
>>
>>89319799
Aight; Next issue it is then.
>>
>>89335529
This. they need to go back to school.

>>89335268
everyone here has already stated the new cosmic heirarchy is in flux and yet to be established. as a result its anyones game to be the new top dog of the multiverse. Everyones equal when it depends on power limits.

Add in the fact that he is tribunal 2.0 who was still learning his powers it makes sense why he got rekt.
>>
>>89336120
>Add in the fact that he is tribunal 2.0 who was still learning his powers it makes sense why he got rekt.

I'm 99 percent certain fucker is still only playing dead for some reason or another.
>>
>>89333052
Name some other punk bitches who've been sung out of existence. As far as I know the only guy to have that happen was a stone cold fucker who'd already won.
>>
>>89336194
at very least, we must remember what the Ghost of the Shaper said: Nothing Ever Dies.
>>
>>89315529
Everything is hopeless, nothing & nobody can beat it. Miles pokes at it and kills it.
>>
>>89313799

Are we doing this thread every day now? you've got some weird tribunal-boner going on?

i don't necessarily disagree with the jobbing assessment but 1) its been twice in a few years, we're not to multiple events, and 2) jobbing kinda implies unlikely loss when the gang of beyonders beating on him was the likely outcome.

Order/Chaos being able to unseat LT is a little more iffy, I'm cutting it some slack because, as the story suggests, the new cosmic laws haven't quite "baked in" yet, and its early enough in the storyline that we're not sure of the true events - is LT bluffing perhaps?

a single jobbing. maybe. not sufficient to earn the "jobber" label, sorry. could you go be autistic about something else, like, say... why didn't Hal just cover everything yellow he encountered with dust or ice so he could bitchslap the coated object anyways?
>>
>>89336278
toplel
This reminds me of a short Shining Wizado song that I can't bloody find
>>
>>89320486
Is the Cosmic Jailer suppose to represent the idea of comic book fandom? Because, if not, they aren't the same.
>>
>>89320724
His power was that he could control matter at a molecular level. When people who actually know how science works started writting comics, they realized that this should male him the most powerful being period, instead of just a hard-enough-to-call-a-superhero level bankroober.

Like how Firestorm should be the most powerful hero on Earth, but people focus on how his name has nothing to do with his powers.
>>
>>89336416
>the new cosmic laws
yeah but the living tribunal works directly for toaa who is beyond any law in any manifestation the omniverse, new or old
>>
>>89327140
Blame Infinity Gauntlet.
Before then, all those comic superfuckers WERE in all-be all. Then, once they did a SINGLE story where they could get TPKO'd, everyone could after that.
>>
Even DC does a better fucking job keeping its Comic Deities actual deities.
>>
>>89337364
He''s still just an agent, not a direct avatar of his omnipotence.
The very fact that an alt-U Adam Warlock became Living Tribunal hinges on him being limited from universe to universe.
>>
>>89336278
Didn't his venom blast beat a prince of hell in one go?
>>
>>89316004
>Bigger than the beyonders

wew lad

Also

>Ewing has an empty hand as his avatar
>>
File: 1257288778663.jpg (40KB, 574x528px) Image search: [Google]
1257288778663.jpg
40KB, 574x528px
>>89339421
>>
>>89339421
Also even if we assume that quote is still fortified canon after all anti-Shooter and anti-anti-Shooter retcons, there's still something bigger than him.
>more powerful than all of the forces in it
>>
>>89339416
>in one go?
No, he had to use it on him a bunch. Still beat him though.
>>
>>89339886
Hickman sort of unmade all the anti--shooter retcons, about the beyonder and molecule man being cosmic cubes and all that. Currently, the original beyonder was a child unit who developed in a dimension outside the multiverse, from which the energy used for the cosmic cubes is obtained.
>>
Sun God's earth having 6 "infinity plains" which naturally form a "wishing cube" is so much better than 616's 6 gems arbitrarily slotting into a glove with no inherent power of its own
>>
>>89313799
What's a "jobber?"
>>
>>89340617
Powerful characters who constantly lose fights and have terrible track records against foes they should unarguably defeat with ease in order to raise stakes and establish new threats, it is literally their job to lose.
>>
>>89340643
Ah, makes sense. Thanks.

Wow there are a lot of jobbers in comics.
>>
>>89340268
Yeah, Hickman's retcons I think are the best solution to consolidating Secret Wars 3's retcons with Shooter's original Beyonder origins. It keeps the fact that Molecule Man got his powers from The Beyonders and keeps the link between The Beyonder and The Beyonders and the fact that The Beyonder is weaker than The Beyonders, but by removing the "the beyonder and molecule man were actually just two halves of one unfinished cosmic cube" fact, it allows both MM and The Beyonder to go back to the power levels that Shooter established them at. It also makes the whole "The Beyonder isn't actually one of The Beyonders" thing less confusing by just making him a child Beyonder.
>>
>>89340268
That's what I meant, yeah. He put what was previously limited to trivia (OHTMU) and subtext (Bendis) out there in the open, as explicit in-universe dialgoue.
>>
>>89340617
Wrestling term. To job is to lose. Jobbers are wrestlers who constantly lose.
Trigger me 'tism a little everytime I see /co/ use it, comic jobbers are guys like Batroc the Leaper and Attuma. But then again you'll often see it in wrestling circles when someone's fave is on a losing streak ("T-they made him a jobber! ;_;") so maybe there's soem sernse to it IDK.
>>
>>89316213
>it's just the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

>616
>the beast

Really causes you to cogitate!
>>
>>89340617
You know that strong black alien from Star Trek? The most bad ass motherfucka on the crew? His job was to lose to enemies in order to establish them as a threat to the rest of the crew.
>>
>>89342560

the joke was marvel's office's address was 616 and DC's was 666
>>
File: itMcsy5.gif (1MB, 560x240px) Image search: [Google]
itMcsy5.gif
1MB, 560x240px
>>89342560
>>
>>89342800
Doesn't DC only have around 52 different universes while Marvel can just make as many as they wish?
>>
>>89315206
>All shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

I wonder if that's a general reference or if someone's getting eaten
>>
>>89340304
>arbitrarily slotting into a glove with no inherent power of its own
Well when you get the Infinity Gems you can slot them onto a butt plug and control the ebb and flow of creation with your sphincter
>>
>>89343252
Has the gem ever been hosted in another object other than a glove, like a specter or something like that?
>>
>>89343570
I don't think so? I think everyone subconsciously agrees that waving your hand around and snapping your fingers is the perfect way to do Godly things so they don't mess with it
>>
File: 24_05.jpg (482KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
24_05.jpg
482KB, 1000x1537px
>>89343570
Yes.
>>
>>89333113
How does one kill things that can't even force their minds small enough to fit inside the universe?
>>
>>89343884
>the gauntlet was constructed to help wield a single stone
Okay, gonna need some context on that
>>
>>89344001
Alternate universe shenanigans
>>
>>89343884
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uWnMhbTkEA
>>
>>89343884
Thanos and Galactus used them inside devices used to extract their powers, too-
>>
>>89344020
plz post sailor transformation
>>
>>89344054
Just make each stone be a cosmic cube, or they're each an aspect of a split-apart cube, and be fucking done with it. Splitting them up was some past evil genius' way of preventing it from evolving sentience, dunno.
>>
>>89344107
nah, they work better still being the cronerstones of reality
>>
>>89344107
>Splitting them up was some past evil genius' way of preventing it from evolving sentience, dunno.
But they're already the remains of the first ever being that ultimately committed suicide out of loneliness
>>
>>89344171
That backstory is somewhat invalid in current marvel, given that there are gems in each universe.
>>
>>89344295
Reality is an engine of misery so it would make sense for every universe that ever exists to start with one all powerful entity topping itself
>>
>>89344295
they are limited to their own continuity, it doesn't invalidate them.

>>89344395
ALL HAIL OBLIVION!
>>
File: me.png (440KB, 645x1260px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
440KB, 645x1260px
>>89343884
>>
>>89344171
And because of legal Twister we're never gonna see that being brought up again or those implications addressed. :(
>>
>>89339416
>>89339945
That makes no sense. That like miles beating Pyron, when standing close to him will burn you away. It is why only powerful being like Demitri or Morragan could only take him on. I wish Miles could meet Morragan, just to see how small and powerless he truly is.
>>
>>89344926
Either:

A. Blackheart was VASTLY weakened because a number of unknown circumstances(Black Panther managed to rip Mephisto's heart after all)

B. Bendis.
>>
>>89335529
old /co/ didn't read comics either m8
>>
>>89344171
i don´t know this anon please explain
>>
>>89344171
How long ago was this backstory form the gems? I thought they were the literal cornerstones of their respective universes.
>>
File: ua-01-35.jpg (953KB, 1024x1573px) Image search: [Google]
ua-01-35.jpg
953KB, 1024x1573px
>>89346214
It was Starlin, I remember that much. Infinity Gauntlet run-up, I think.
The Malibu comics Ultraverse crossover in the late 90s put an actual name & face to the entity. Warren Ellis wrote the lion's share. Some contract buggery went down though so you'll never see anything from that crossover referenced ever again. Jim Starlin himself couldn't so much as put a character's skeleton into an issue, let alone do anything with Nemesis.
>>
>>89321508
Doom is fucking great and you can say all you want about Stan and Jack and times have changed and Doom is pretty much guaranteed to be a Noble Demon in characterization from now on.
>>
>>89337171
Firestorm is sorta similar to Dr Manhattan yet DM is now more powerful for being involved in the re-shaping of the DCverse.
>>
>>89320676
Actually didn't it just retcon the Cubes into being Beyonder Eggs?
>>
>>89346844
>Actually didn't it just retcon the Cubes into being Beyonder Eggs?
Not explicitly. It stated that The Beyonder was a "child unit" of the Beyonders. If you assume the fact that he's actually a sentient cosmic cube sans the cube part is still canon, then that would mean that cosmic cubes are basically beyonder eggs which explains why they eventually become sentient all-powerful reality warpers.
>>
>>89332647
>not bayonetta or smt
>>
File: 2232114-2011081904494511c.jpg (77KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
2232114-2011081904494511c.jpg
77KB, 1280x960px
>>89315529
>Lawfags

NOT
EVEN
ONCE
>>
>>89347131
>chaosfags pretending they have a leg to stand on when Galactus already blew Chaos the fuck out
>>
>>89346844
They might have, but the retcon was probably undone. Currently baby beyonders develope in "pocket universes" that exist outside of the multiverse. Cosmic cubes are created by filling them with leakage of energy from that dimension.
>>
>>89347157
Galactus is trash tier
>>
>>89347180
Exactly. Beyonder Eggs.
>>
>>89344000
he turned their multiversal bomb (molecule man) against them, and blasted them while they were manifested in the edges of reality.

They were able to get inside the universe in the edges of reality and liminal space. Thats where they gangbanged the LT, the celestials, and where two beyonders got killed by Starbrand and the Ex Nihili combined,
>>
>>89347812
Not quite. The cosmic cube contains a portion of energy from a dimension that could be considered a beyonder egg. Cosmic cubes are more like a drop of beyonder yolk.
>>
cosmic bump
>>
>>89344395
>the first being in every marvel universe gets so depressed they kill themselves

Fuck that's sad. What was the first being in DC?
>>
>>89348688
So they're either fertilized or unfertilized eggs.

Are Beyonders just cosmic chickens?
>>
>>89344926
>how small and powerless he truly is.
Venom Shock!
Morigon blacked
>>
>>89351502
We already had a Cosmic Egg though
>>
>>89316004
Ewing saying "It's bigger than Beyonders" fills me with a lot more interest than Spencer saying "It's bigger than the Annihilation Wave"
>>
>>89342857
Yes. Every Marvel "what if" is canon in some universe, while DC's are mostly just thought experiments unless they're tied to one of the 52.

Rebirth has changed that though
>>
>>89351502
beyonders are the final evolution of super adaptoids
which, if I remember right, only exist because of the beyonders in the first place
so it is quite the chicken/egg dilemma, yes
>>
>>89354785
what? no, Beyonders come from outside the multiverse. The super adaptoids just turn into mapmakers iirc.
>>
>>89316004
>3 possible outcomes
I'm assuming those are
>Tribunal is dead
>Tribunal survived
>Tribunal is dead but Adam Warlock survived

and when you line them up like that the third choice seems the obvious choice to warrant even mentioning three outcomes
>>
File: beyonders1.jpg (2MB, 1958x1896px) Image search: [Google]
beyonders1.jpg
2MB, 1958x1896px
>>89354830
it's just a theory
>>
File: beyonders2.jpg (1MB, 1689x1676px) Image search: [Google]
beyonders2.jpg
1MB, 1689x1676px
>>89354953
>>
File: beyonders3.jpg (2MB, 2000x1860px) Image search: [Google]
beyonders3.jpg
2MB, 2000x1860px
>>89354960
>>
File: beyonders4.jpg (977KB, 1856x1568px) Image search: [Google]
beyonders4.jpg
977KB, 1856x1568px
>>89354969
>>
File: beyonders5.jpg (1MB, 1958x1920px) Image search: [Google]
beyonders5.jpg
1MB, 1958x1920px
>>89354979
>>
File: Doom Alal.jpg (51KB, 749x639px) Image search: [Google]
Doom Alal.jpg
51KB, 749x639px
>>89354986
>>
>>89348335
>>he turned their multiversal bomb (molecule man) against them
he did also add some time-travel to mess up with them, because they are apparently chronologically linear (which is all kind of weird for extra-multiversal beings)
>>
>>89355016
>chronologically linear enemies kill chronologically omnipresent god
See this is the one thing that feels like horseshit
>>
>>89354771
>Every Marvel "what if" is canon in some universe,
actually, it's not.
Not ANYTHING is possible but everything that IS possible existed as parallel timeline\universe.

Example: a particle could only spin left or right.
There is a universe where it spins left and a universe where it spins right.
A universe where it spins Up or Down can be Immaginated, but it doesn't exists... it's just a Imaginary Story.

Uatu explains it in a What If
>>
>>89354945
>>Tribunal is dead but Adam Warlock survived
if this is the case, I'll feel sorry for Chaos and Order... just imagine the Revenge Keikaku Adam will unleash on them!
>>
>>89355049
>Chaos and Order.
it's Logos now
>>
>>89355027
That was always the problem. Doom beating them in an conceivable way would have been better than something like that. The Infinity gauntlet fight showed what chronos or somebody with time powers could do to someone without the ability to get around it.
>>
>>89338175
Sorta like Ult Reed.
>>
>>89354986

I really should do a follow-up to those. It was really soothing to my autistic need to compartimentalize and organize.
>>
>>89355049
Poor inbetweener
>>
>>89355027
>>89355072
it can made work, though... say they live in a time-less space, so bringing "time" to them resulted in a delayed\incorrect reaction, leaving them vulnerable just enough for the Molecula Bomb to blast them

>>89355058
In-Betweener is innocent in this

>>89355105
a little correction on 3, then: Thanos DEFEATED the crazed Maker and the death of her body he hypothesized would mean freedom for the sentience and power of the Beyonder.

And I still have no idea where the hell Thanos met the Beyonder before then!
>>
>>89355106
I bet he's going to turn out to be the Achilles heel of logos. his job was to play devil's advocate for both order and chaos to help them reach a compromise, but when there is but logos it could stand to reason his nature would compel him to bring balance between Logos and everything else, either through sabotage or through bringing about the creation of some kind of anti-logos
>>
>Order and Chaos fucking ate Inbetweener
>more binary dichotomous aspects aside from order and Chaos exist, like love and hate
Inbetweener being subjugated should have all kinds of rammifications aside from Order and Chaos' domains.
>>
>>89355149
it kinda makes sense that beings outside of time are vulnerable to ontological paradox. like the 'I intend to steal the key to our prison once we escape and deliver it to our prison so we can escape' scenario you see in Bill & Ted et al, the moment someone comes up with a plan that can defeat them and intends to go through with it, they are already defeated, and the planner just has to go through the motions
>>
>>89355183
what has Eros been doing since Rage of Ultron?
>>
>>89355183
I wonder if this will be tied to the End of Magic thing Aaron did?
Order and Chaos are the "patron Abstracts" of Magic

>>89355207
>>it kinda makes sense that beings outside of time are vulnerable to ontological paradox
they wouldn't be vulnerable inside universes with a living Chronos because they are Beyond, but bring time to THEM and they can't do shit.

>>89355220
he's in the Thanos mini, working with his nephew, The Champion and Nebula to kill Thanos who has now Space Cancer.

It would be even nice if Thanos, Corvus Glaive and Mentor weren't so out of character.
>>
>>89355105
if you are ever in the mood, I'd appreciate anything I can use for the Marvel side in hyercrisis threads. the two main topics I wish I had more organized everythings of are Kang (even if its 80% Avengers Forever)
and John Hammond + Vision regarding the 'human torch = Promethean flame' and 'Marvel=machine while DC=organic' arguments
>>
>>89355260
>I wonder if this will be tied to the End of Magic thing Aaron did?
while thematically related, since both revolve around the idea that 'the old system is dead, we must create a new system' the end of magic thing seems to be pretty shunned amongst marvel's writers. lots of characters who should have been effected weren't and have continued to use their magic same as always
>>
>>89355183
>Order and Chaos demanded Galactus be the devourer once more
>when he didn't Chaos are Inbetweener and order are chaos
Nice touch
>>
>>89355016
Maybe their timeline allows them to step outside of others since maybe it doesn't flow in the way we perceive it to. Kinda like oil and water. They're both "liquids" maybe
>>
>>89313799
>no penis
>>
>>89355307
basically nobody cared about it, and it should have been fucking MAJOR.

But nobody in Editorial seems to care... not much is lost, given Aaron's Strange is bullshit but I seriously would like narrative cohesion.

Hell, Ewing could bundle the End of Magic and Robinson's Scarlet Witch to Order being abnormally predominant as the first is a win for Order and the second is a lose for Chaos. Also Robinson has no idea what the hell was he writing, Wanda MAINLANES Chaos- it's the whole point of her powers! Also, Wanda aging as she uses her magic is idiot.
>>
>>89355349
I completely agree. The imagery used at the end of the SW, that chaos is a serpent 'tamed' by the goddess of witches (unwillingly so) is/was ripe as hell with rammifications about Chaos & Order, Cthon, (and by extension both M Day), Loki, hell even Spider-Man considering that JMS story

all it needs is for someone to actually care enough to address these implications
>>
>>89355406
Ulysses, too might be an effect of Order going out of control.

Hell, play Wanda aging as a side-effect of her forcing herself to deny the Chaos part of Magic, particularly strong in her but otherwise absolutely natural part of the whole she-bang.
...or play the whole miniseries as something conjured by Agatha. Which would make much more sense.
>>
>>89354756
That's because Ewing already showed the omniverse in chains and the cosmic jailer feeding on it. Spencer saying "it's bigger than the annihilation wave" only seems like he's underestimating the annihilation wave since until now we've only seen a bunch of chitauri being snuffed out of existance by quasar.
>>
>>89351427

Action Comics #1. I'm not even kidding.
>>
>>89316171
Wonder if we'll see him again. They certainly are going to need his help to stop the cosmic jailer.
>>
>>89355149
>And I still have no idea where the hell Thanos met the Beyonder before then!

He didn't. Thanos was dead during all of Secret Wars I and II. Perhaps he remembered the Beyonder from being omniscient when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.

>>89355275

Pheww... There's a Herculean task. Although severely diminished with the dearth of writers of cosmic quality at Marvel.

I think X-Man had an arc involving the Marvel multiverse...
>>
>>89355275
I'm sure ultimates is going to have a lot of new material for the marvel hypercrisis threads.
>>
>>89356409
If the Beyonders truly are from beyond, would the gauntlet's "omniscience" even inform him of them?
>>
>>89356497
By that time the beyonder had been retconned to be a living cosmic cube. It wasn't until Hickman that he became an all powerful being from beyond again.
>>
>>89356409
>He didn't. Thanos was dead during all of Secret Wars I and II. Perhaps he remembered the Beyonder from being omniscient when he had the Infinity Gauntlet.
except he referenced meeting him as a kid or something.

She, too, recognized him.

Basically, there is a story we weren't told... most likely whatever it was has been retconned by Secret Wars
>>
So, basically, Marvel can no longer shit-talk about DC's continuity being a mess thanks to Secret Wars.
>>
>>89356620
DC Continuity being a mess is a strength. Why do you think the marvel multiverse now has 8 iterations ins spite of never having had a crisis?
>>
>>89356620
not really.

Marvel's continuity is still generally linear. Secret Wars only means a 8 months "gap" in storytelling for most intents and purposes.
>>
>>89315968
They were Strange's nerds, no? Why would they exist after SW?
>>
>>89315968
Doom theorized that they were a defense system for the multiverse, so there's a chance that they come back, with eternity being chained and all that.
>>
>>89315529
This is dope. Shitty gradient background layers are still shitty though.
>>
>>89321136
I would say I'm a normal reader and I very much enjoy the Ultimates and New Avengers/Usavengers
>>
>>89320676
Why did Beyonders looks so... dumb? Maybe I would've like them if they weren't ayy lmaos.
>>
>>89355080
Basically.
>>
File: SS_v3_031_14a.jpg (266KB, 900x1378px) Image search: [Google]
SS_v3_031_14a.jpg
266KB, 900x1378px
>>89354945
Actually I took it as:
>3 possible outcomes
>Warlock
>Magus
>Goddess
>>
>>89354953
A COOOOOOOOOOOOOO THEOREEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>89348688
You're splitting hairs here anon. Functionally, they are eggs. The outer dimensional energy is inert until it's been put into a cube, as far as we know.
>>89353989
Which IIRC was made of cosmic cubes.
I'm sorry, "containment units".
>>
>>89357598
I dunno, found their concept and design appealing I guess.
>>
>>89356291
I'm guessing this was in Multiversity?
Or something else Morrison wrote, at least.
>>
File: Avengers 290-009AnPymGold.jpg (657KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers 290-009AnPymGold.jpg
657KB, 988x1500px
>>89354979
Wait, I didn't read Hickvengers. Did that one Adaptoid story from the 80s really become a focal plot point?
>>
>>89358053
In dc comics, probably first mentioned in final crisis/superman beyond. But the idea probably was alluded to in earlier Morrison works, such as Flex Mentallo.
>>
>>89355149
>freedom for the sentience and power of the Beyonder.
R. R.
>And I still have no idea where the hell Thanos met the Beyonder before then!
Glad I'm not the only one annoyed by that shit.

Post-90s plot threads getting dropped I can take. Pre-90s, I can't. A plot thread RETROACTIVELY pre-90s... guh.
>>
>>89358051
Oh me too, but they turned out to be a living dictionary basically, so I kinda lost interest. Their design and mystique was the best part.
>>
>>89355027
Man, never read Ultraforce/Avengers. It'll trigger you something fierce.
>>
>>89355149
>it can made work, though... say they live in a time-less space, so bringing "time" to them resulted in a delayed\incorrect reaction, leaving them vulnerable
DORMAMMU
>>
DC is better
>>
File: Dr Strange 021-25.jpg (1MB, 1280x2012px) Image search: [Google]
Dr Strange 021-25.jpg
1MB, 1280x2012px
>>89355040
>A universe where it spins Up or Down can be Immaginated, but it doesn't exists... it's just a Imaginary Story.
That's where higher/lower dimensions come into play. Beyond Watcher jurisdiction.
>>
>>89355275
>I wish I had more organized everythings of are Kang
Me too.
Don't even particularly want to, part of me hope I never see one. Especially since I've already read Kang Dynasty; that renders renders reading it all pointless. But trying to make sense of that shit is so fucking ambitious... it's tempting on principle.
>>
>>89335919
black sentry will never be good
>>
File: Vengeance 02-003.jpg (78KB, 922x258px) Image search: [Google]
Vengeance 02-003.jpg
78KB, 922x258px
>>89355149
>In-Betweener is innocent in this
Exclusive scoop: I might do than In-Betweener storytime sooner rather than later after all.
Because I read Vengeance last night and blow me down if it doesn't feel like character development. That's gonna be next issue's storytime.
>>
File: 2.jpg (43KB, 400x350px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
43KB, 400x350px
>>89358334
Any character can be good.
Hating a writer for daring to prove so is the stupidity being criticized here.
>>
>>89358251
Thanks for the page

not really, though: a particle that in a specific place and time can only spin in two direction will only give birth to two parallel timelines.
Different Dimensions don't enter in play, because they aren't spawned by Quantum Possibilities and\or because that would mean the Particle is not in the same space-time point, which means it's not the "same particle" which is defined by its space-time position(including dimensional placement).

>>89358383
remember Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe, too.
>>
File: TIERS.png (3MB, 1988x1404px) Image search: [Google]
TIERS.png
3MB, 1988x1404px
>>89355183
Well, it only just happened. We'll see what happens next issue.
Frankly the main example would be Love & Hate and they're so useless even Ewing could be forgiven for forgetting about them. Eternity/Death are (were?) higher, so might be unaffected.
>>
File: 1399447312049.jpg (1MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
1399447312049.jpg
1MB, 1920x2951px
>>89358452
There are more if you want them.
>remember Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe, too.
I din't, unfortunately. Gimme a synopsis. I skipped through a storytime a few years ago and at most I recall saving this page.
>>
>Galactus blows Chaos the fuck out for having an ultimately paradoxical existence
>nobody's done the same to Oblivion
>>
>>89358452
Ohhhhhh, this is some magic/science kerfuffle innit? You're saying things that were previously impossible due to the native laws of physics can't suddenly become possible (which is why Marvel magic hinges on other dimensions).
>>
>>89358549
I've been wondering about this for a while, yeah.
Hopefully Ewing addresses it. There was a neat theory in either this thread or the last one. Something along the lines of true omniversal Oblivion being exactly that, with the avatars of such being reflections of creation.
>>
>>89355220
Fucking bitches.
>>
File: Lucifer.png (155KB, 411x478px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer.png
155KB, 411x478px
>>89347131
He still thinks I actually give a shit about him
>>
>>89347119
>>89347131
>>89347534
Mai niggas. Good taste.
They better be glad Aleph isn't in this bitch.
>>
>>89355349
Yeah... I was convinced Last Days of Magic would turn out to be a big Autumn event, to capitalize off the movie. Everyone was referencing a problem with magic; Strange, Iron Man, Hercules, Scarlet Witch...
Of course then it didn't happen, those other references turned out to be totally different problems, and the only tie-in it got was a fucking Deadpool one-shot.

Given how fucking horrendously Aaron botched the job it's probably for the best, in hindsight.
>>
>>89352373
Morragan is broke as fuck side. You gonna need cosmic marvel to take that reality warper on.
>>
>>89355406
I bought that issue today. :3
>was ripe as hell with rammifications about Chaos & Order
The villain literally being called "Chaos" helped.
>>
>>89355260
>Order and Chaos are the "patron Abstracts" of Magic
Shit I'm gonna have to read those Strange issues again, it may just resolve a few nitpicks i had with Englehart.
>>
>>89355461
>miniseries
Anon it's 14 issues and counting.
>>
>>89356511
Technically pre-Hickman. An OHTMU claimed Beyonder was just pretending to be a cube.
Unless Hickman's the guy who wrote that entry, idk
>>
>>89356620
Eh. There's still cause and effect. Everything that happened pre-Secret Wars still happened, Secret Wars itself just rearranged the cosmological hierarchy a bit.
>>
>>89357860
They looked different every time tbf
Hickman probably gave free reign to his artists
>>
>>89358543
Tl;DR: Longshot used a Cosmic Cube(which obviously did fall in love with him) to, among other things, have everybody not notice\forget SpOck wasn't Peter.
This was BAD and caused the In-Betweener to split in two.

Also, continuity porn.

>>89358549
that world nullify Oblivion's paradoxical existance, which in turn might well bring about Oblivion t the Multiverse... or Cancerverse times 10000

>>89358582
>You're saying things that were previously impossible due to the native laws of physics can't suddenly become possible (which is why Marvel magic hinges on other dimensions).
Exactly that! Thank you a lot for summarizing it so well.

Also Magic hinges so much on other dimensions because manipulate reality is easier from "outside" and\or generating, say, a flamebolt in the 87th dimension of the Gribbly HGnomes and then summon it than making it on the Earth Dimension- it's also likely there are dimensions where Magic is even harder than on Earth Dimension, because they are more attuned to Master Order.

all of this hinges on the balance between Order and Chaos... generally speaking, with magic you can do Anything(Chaos) but are restricted on how Access The Possibility(order).

>>89358787
IIRC they were introduced in a Silver Surfer story

>>89358815
I was convinced it stopped at 12. I was wrong, evidently

>>89358759
Chaos being the villain when it's the fucking reason you can HAVE magic in first place was SO STUPID.
Either use some Chaos Agents(even Chthon) or at least explicit Chaos must be in balance and it was unbalancing the whole shebang so it had to be reduced.

>>89358861
>Secret Wars itself just rearranged the cosmological hierarchy a bit.
The Hierarchy is still rearranging itself... it's the whole point of Ultimates and Ultimates^2
>>
File: t-09-16.jpg (556KB, 1200x1846px) Image search: [Google]
t-09-16.jpg
556KB, 1200x1846px
>>89358085

No. Turns out Adaptoids - or any artificial intelligences - who enter White Space are infected with a 'virus' seeded by the Beyonders which turns them into their servants.

Mind you. That does not explain why Mapmakers (evolved Adaptoids) destroy Earths.

>>89358134
>freedom for the sentience and power of the Beyonder

Thanos confronts the Maker.
>>
File: t-09-17.jpg (517KB, 1200x1824px) Image search: [Google]
t-09-17.jpg
517KB, 1200x1824px
>>89359030

Uh-oh.
>>
>>89357860
The had no real forms, so the appearance of their vessels changed every time. They could be a guy in 80s outfit, Ayyy Lmaos, transformers, among other things.
>>
File: t-09-19.jpg (993KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
t-09-19.jpg
993KB, 2200x1650px
>>89359063

Boom.

Looks impressive, but it's nothing compared to what the Beyonder used to pull.
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 009.jpg (533KB, 1024x1644px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 009.jpg
533KB, 1024x1644px
>>89359097

Next issue...
>>
>>89359030
>>89359063
>>89359097
what is this from
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 010.jpg (510KB, 1024x1578px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 010.jpg
510KB, 1024x1578px
>>89359122
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 011.jpg (511KB, 1024x1578px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 011.jpg
511KB, 1024x1578px
>>89359136
I am supposed to tell you to look at the filename.
>>
>>89359157
Omac?
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 015.jpg (479KB, 1024x1656px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 015.jpg
479KB, 1024x1656px
>>89359175

Gladiator being more Supermanny than usual.
>>
>>89315529
can Bayonetta kill that?
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 016.jpg (552KB, 1020x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 016.jpg
552KB, 1020x1607px
>>89359187

Served as an inspiration, yes, I am told.

>>89359199
>>
>>89359136
Thanos ongoing. Those issues finished up a 3-thread storytime recently:
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88626231/
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88705186/
https://desuarchive.org/co/thread/88771383/
>>
>>89359209
Depends on whether she's scissoring with Jeane to summon the intertwined double hair demon
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 017.jpg (476KB, 1024x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 017.jpg
476KB, 1024x1600px
>>89359219

Tinkerbell here is actually Skreet, or whatever, from 'Lunatik', one of the worst comics Marvel ever made. It was a parody of Lobo. In the Nineties. Imagine it.
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 018.jpg (519KB, 1024x1618px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 018.jpg
519KB, 1024x1618px
>>89359252
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 019.jpg (537KB, 1024x1607px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 019.jpg
537KB, 1024x1607px
>>89359275
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 020.jpg (430KB, 1024x1642px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 020.jpg
430KB, 1024x1642px
>>89359299

This is just mean.
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 021.jpg (507KB, 1024x1634px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 021.jpg
507KB, 1024x1634px
>>89359321
>>
File: Thanos 10 - 022.jpg (509KB, 1024x1586px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 10 - 022.jpg
509KB, 1024x1586px
>>89359343

And this pretty much confirms it.

It certainly seems to mean the Beyonder's essence may have been released when the comatose Maker was killed when the Annihilation Wave destroyed the Kyln.
>>
File: SW 14-7.jpg (700KB, 994x1528px) Image search: [Google]
SW 14-7.jpg
700KB, 994x1528px
>>89358905
shit, guess I'll have to give it another look then
Any other notable In-Betweener stories I've overlooked? I was already gonna do the 3 classic ones, obviously.
>IIRC they were introduced in a Silver Surfer story
They were introduced in a random Annual that tied up Starlin's second Thanos story. Englehart's Silver Surfer was the first time anyone used them significantly.
> it was unbalancing the whole shebang so it had to be reduced.
I assumed that was the narrative Robinson was going for, yeah.
>>
>>89359030
I know exactly what you were talking about, I did the storytime myself. I was making a coy reference.
>>
>>89359372
It's been like 10 years since annihilation and this hasn't been fixed yet?
>>
File: [spoiler]R. R..jpg (91KB, 720x304px) Image search: [Google]
[spoiler]R. R..jpg
91KB, 720x304px
>>89359418
Oh they fixed it alright. :^)
>>
>>89359418
Also count yer blessings. Beyonder's too big to not come up again, sooner or later. I read extended Squadron Supreme material yesterday, THIS SHIT is of multiversal significance too and is never gonna get pay off.
>>
>>89359386
>I assumed that was the narrative Robinson was going for, yeah.
it didn't really work.
they didn't brought Chaos back to "standard" but lower than Witchcraft.
Which in turn shouldn't be Chaos' WIFE but Chaos DAUGHTER(together with Order).
Or wife to BOTH Chaos and Order.

Otherwise, use a different nomenclature for Witchcraft's Husband than Chaos, making it a lower iteration, an Agent or something.
>>
>>89313799
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAt0xpQe934&t=2s This video makes the Living Tribunal so badass.
>>
>>89315529
The one who chained Eternity is The Empty Hand.
>>
>>89356291
Yeah, wasn't there an issue of Animal Man or one of Morrison's more wacked out comics have the main character being told that they have to go farther than the Big Bang to see the beginning, and the "beginning" is them looking up from a blank sheet of paper to see Joe Shuster drawing Superman for the first time?
>>
>>89315206
>being taken down by two squirrels

Two squirrel girls could beat the shit out of the Living Patriarch and it would feel extremely progressive.
>>
>>89356620
>>89356648
>>89356673
Fellas, fellas. DC AND Marvel have shitty and bloated continuity.
>>
>>89360640
And who is that?
>>
>>89313799
*fewer, in fewer than two years.
>>
>>89361386
big bad of Morrison's DC works- either the reader, the authors or the editorial
>>
>>89361448
It's the fanbase.
The threat of the Empty Hand we the readers are the real reason there will never be a final "the day is saved", because we always want new stories.

We never want our hands to be empty, so superheros must suffer.
>>
>>89361448
The Monitors are suppose to be editorial, IIRC, since they obsess over continuity and disturb it in order to "set what was wrong right again".
>>
>>89361523
they're DiDio and Rucka?
>>
File: 1236667627821.jpg (260KB, 1606x765px) Image search: [Google]
1236667627821.jpg
260KB, 1606x765px
>>89361549
Mandarrk, the evil vampiric Monitor who drank continuity to survive. was suppose to be Didio.
>>
All of these powerful beings, and yet the writers WILL make them job to heroes back on earth. I do not understand why? Just once I would love to see all of earth heroes BTFO.
>>
>>89320289
>>89320486
>tfw Marvel vs DC 2 incoming
>>
>>89361616
in Cosmic Marvel, it usually happens all time except when dealing with Galactus, which is the only one they have a chance against.
>>
>>89361616
That was Infinity Gauntlet right up until Thanos forgot that he should have superglued the Gauntlet to his hand.
>>
>>89337036
Aren't you confusing Empty Hand with Prophecy, though.
>>
>>89361611
lmao
>>
>>89361448
If DC has the rights to him I don't see how he'll appear in a Marvel property.
>>
>>89361735
They can use the hyper-narrative concept of the consumption of comic books as the actual villain at the end of it all if they want; they just have to call it something different.
>>
>>89361735
Yes, like Barry Allen didn't appear before.
Or Snapper Carr speaking at the phone with Rick Jones.
Or the Living Tribunal referring to The Specter.
Or...
>>
>>89361611
And now we have rebirth. Thanks, Grant.
>>
>>89361808
Or the fact that Kirby's New Gods are suppose to be the end result of Marvel's Asgard finally having Ragnorok?
>>
>>89361816
Didn't he say that, at the end of Multiversity, he was basically saying "And now, future writers, its up to you; continuity is yours and you can't let them take it from you"?
>>
>>89361611
Empty Hand is a corrupted version of Dr. Manhattan, corrupted the same way as Mandrakk.
>>
File: 8.jpg (3MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
3MB, 1800x2767px
>>89361735
wew lad.

>>89361808
This is also the most recent example, though it's not new by any means.
>>
>>89362097
Is that the stupid narrative that editorial's trying to push with the whole "Watchman created DC" thing they're doing?

Multiversity make it really clear that it's US that keep making superheroes fighting ever increasing evil to the point to where they'll never know peace.
>>
>>89321109
Why Marvel hasn't given him GotG is beyond me.
>>
>>89340268
Beyonders are still developed cosmic cubes, that's kinda the plot of the recent Captain America and Thunderbolts runs.
>>
>>89354756
Because you know Ewing can back up his words and make interesting cosmic shit while Spencer tried to pass a shitty Chitauri army as something bigger than the Annihilation wave.
>>
>>89358494
>Love & Hate and they're so useless

Which is interesting, because some of the old ones believed them to be elemental forces of existence (They believed gravity was basically a form of love, for instance), and an event based around them would be very interesting.

After all, Thanos is motivated mainly by love for Death and hate for everything else.
>>
>>89362523
Old ones?
>>
>>89361386
>>89361448
>>89361735
I've not read Multihoodickery but if this guy's got "Empty" in his name he's probably pretty damn Oblivion-y.
>>
>>89361310

Squirrels trump Cosmic Cubes every time in Marvel comics.

Remember. Doom defeated the Beyonder in his own dimension, but he was in turn defeated by Squirrel Girl.

Odd that few people seem to realize that Marvel is basically saying that furries, as in real life, dominate reality
>>
>>89361616
You have, several times.
They're called What Ifs. :^)
>I do not understand why?
Earth's spekl. It's Eternity's heart now. Would post the page if I could find it.
>>
>>89361448
It's the reader. It wouldn't make sense for the Empty Hand to be the authors or the editors, because the whole point of the Empty Hand was that all he does was consume and never creates. See how his hand is empty?
>>
>>89362097
>Dr. Manhattan
You mean Ultra Comics.
>>
>>89362559
Yog-Sothoth and other guys.
>>
>>89361686

Prophecy is a classic henchman, like Telos was to Brainiac.

Was there ever a more pointless, more pathetically abandoned character than Telos? Poor bastard.

>>89361881

There came a day -

>>89362097

Manhattan is pretty much neutral.
>>
>>89362122
I don't get it.
Is "mundane atomica" what The Atom calls his shit?
>>
>>89362681
>At some point Telos had an ongoing
>That was less than a year and a half ago.
>>
>>89362358

Kobik, a Beyonder? That's debatable.

>>89362559

Ancient Greek philosophers.

>>89362602

He seems to be the ultimate Nihilist. He has armies of archetypical comic monsters at his command: Intellectrons, Dames Merciless, Hellmachines, Demogorgunns and Lords Broken.
>>
>>89362677
This in a Lovecraft story or a Marvel comic?
>>
>>89362732

Except it wasn't an ongoing, it was a "let's go-oops-I-am-cancelled".
>>
>>89320178
>explorer supreme

what? who is this? when did that become a thing?
>>
File: Avengers 289-021AnPymGold.jpg (93KB, 386x374px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers 289-021AnPymGold.jpg
93KB, 386x374px
>>89362734
>Kobik, a Beyonder? That's debatable.
Not... really?
She's easily a baby Beyonder. Or maybe a shadow of a baby Beyonder, she's derived from only the splinter of a Cube right?
>>
>>89362803
Probably referring to Reed, extrapolated from that Scientist Supreme page.
>>
>>89362747
I was kidding. The guy you asked probably meant our ancient ancestors as the "old ones".
>>
>>89362681
What I'm talking about is that Empty Hand was only showed as the controller of the baby JL, while Prophecy has been collecting the different Supermans from the multiverse, a-la comic fan who collects variants.

Prophecy has been shown as more of a comic reader than Empty Hand, which almost feels like an OP Dormammu or a Lovecraftian creature, when it comes to power.

>>89362692
I think the anon was pointing towards the memory of Spidey punching Superman, in the middle of the pic.
>>
I stopped reading big 2 for like a year
How the FUCK do I catch up now?
>>
>>89362122

This is from Mosaic?! I did not know that it was so... involved.

>>89362747

Don't listen to him. I wasn't talking about 'Great Old Ones' (and by the way, Yog-Sothoth is an Outer God, not a GOO at all) but about real people.

There are Lovecraftian monsters in Marvel, though; specifically Cynothoglys, Shuma-Gorath and, recently, Moridun.
>>
>>89362909

read marvel stuff by Ewing and you're set for most talk in this thread on that side
>>
>>89362911
>I did not know that it was so... involved.

It's actually pretty self-contained, it's just that the latest issue sort of delved into Peter's memories and psyche.
>>
File: Mighty-Avengers-030-pg-22.jpg (722KB, 1280x1969px) Image search: [Google]
Mighty-Avengers-030-pg-22.jpg
722KB, 1280x1969px
>>89362803

>>89362816

No, Kobik is a complete cube, made out of splinters of various cubes. This does not make any goddamn sense at all, but there you go.

And we still don't know the exact relation between the Beyonders and the Cubes, although I agree they may be Beyonder 'eggs'.

>>89362909

...Want my advice? Don't bother.

Either that, or go here.
http://zippyshare.com/Empirestash/iqtvciup/dir.html
>>
>>89362762
It made it to 6 issues. Same as Starbrand and Klarion. And I think it ended in a cliffhanger. I honestly had forgotten that the character even existed.
>>
>>89327140
>>89337485
We have yet to see TOAA doing anything to demonstrate weakness or full power extent, though, besides making Adam into the LT.

Him hanging around Peter in that one story was rather weird, though.
>>
>>89363005
but that clearly says scientist supreme
>>
>>89362122
Entropy increasing even with time reversal is...
well, it's GIGANTIC. Was it from some story?
>>
>>89363005
Explorer is just what he calls Reed
Like how Mage is Pym and Engineer is Stark

Pym is Scientist Supreme, Strange is Sorcerer Supreme
>>
>>89362462
>Spencer tried to pass a shitty Chitauri army as something bigger than the Annihilation wave.

We have no reason to NOT think that it wasn't just Hill bullshitting them to agree to her project.
>>
>>89363151
>Tony is Engineer Supreme
>>
>>89363914
No, Spencer confirmed on twitter
It is bigger than the Annihilation Wave

>>89363943
I don't think there is an engineer supreme
>>
>>89362909
Secret Wars & whatever Ewing writes.
Leave it at that & you'll be saner for it.

Not a DC guy but Rebirth was apparently a big deal?
>>
>>89363005
>>89363151
Was this pretty much the only good thing to happen to Pym in years? I mean, even if it probably wasn't acknowledged by everyone else...
>>
File: smogfux.jpg (38KB, 500x538px) Image search: [Google]
smogfux.jpg
38KB, 500x538px
>>89363005
>Kobik is a complete cube, made out of splinters of various cubes.
HYPERBEYONDER
>>
>>89363981
>Not a DC guy but Rebirth was apparently a big deal?
Mostly just another reboot, but it's done pretty well.

Especially since Marvels in a bad spot. Marvel's been pulling out some bad tricks in an attempt to remain on top.

>>89363996
Even then it was soured. Loki told him he was just messing with him, and Pym believed him.
>>
>>89363097
Every page you read is a demonstration of TOAA's power. And oftentimes weakness. :^)
>>
>>89363952
There's not an Explorer Supreme either but hey we're extrapolating.
>>
>>89364028
>Pym believed him.
then decided he was going to be the Scientist Supreme REGARDLESS Loki lying or not and kept the title and the swag
>>
>>89364072
Nah, thats just an anon making a mistake.

We got Sorcerer Supreme, Scientist Supreme and somewhere in the depths of Australia a Shitposter Supreme.

>>89364081
Why is Pym so great
>>
>>89364110
lel
>>
>>89361735
it's called an ersatz. the lawyers can't do anything but the readers recognize the significance of the similarities
>>
File: AVFV_10_page_17_ArtNet_Scan.jpg (642KB, 1280x1910px) Image search: [Google]
AVFV_10_page_17_ArtNet_Scan.jpg
642KB, 1280x1910px
>>89361616
phenomenal psionic potential...itty bitty blue planet in space.
>>
>>89362816
>she's derived from only the splinter of a Cube right?
Nah, it's a full cube. It's just that Cap shattered the cube into a bunch of different pieces at the end of Waid's Captain America run, so it's one cube that was broken into a bunch of different pieces. Made her a bit underdeveloped compared to her older brothers.
>>
>>89363005
>splinters of various cubes
No, it's splinters of one cube. The one that Cap destroyed at the end of Captain America: Operation Rebirth.
>>
>>89362909
>How the FUCK do I catch up now?
Same way you started reading in the first place. Just jump in. Check with /co/ for recommended books so you don't end up slogging through any of the awful shit.
>>
>>89360094
but by the rules of cosmic marvel, isn't it limited that it must be a lower order M-Body of chaos and thus a lower iteration of its power?
>>
>>89363952
>Spencer confirmed on twitter
You mean a writer would just go one twitter and LIE?!
>>
>>89364559
>>89364582

So who made that cube then? I know of two cubes made on Earth: the original one made by AIM, which was stolen by the Red Skull, and which eventually developed into Kubik.
And another one created by the scientists of the Red Skull himself. Was this the cube which was shattered, and eventually reassembled into the one which has become Kobik?
>>
>>89364812
It's the second cube, played a part in Supervillain Team-UP IIRC. Skull trapped Hate-Monger/Hitler's soul in it.
>>
>>89364812
>And another one created by the scientists of the Red Skull himself
Yeah. The one that Hitler/Hate-Monger's soul was trapped in.
>>
>>89364582
I'm pretty sure it's the splinters of all the cubes that they had at project pegasus. It was explained in standoff, I might have to check that again.
>>
>>89363943
>Bruce Banner is the gamma supreme
>Hank McCoy is the traitor supreme
>Moon Girl is the affirmative action supreme
>>
>>89364904
All those splinters belonged to one cube. There's never been another instance of a cube getting shattered in canon.
>>
>>89364904
>>89364978
And here's that same seen being depicted in Captain America: Steve Rogers #2
>>
>>89364978
>>89365013
The art in the first one wasn't great in the first panel, but at least it had a sense of fucking motion. Jesus the new one is awful.
>>
File: 1440051466015.png (3MB, 1540x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1440051466015.png
3MB, 1540x1223px
>>89364081
the final irony is that the lie of a scientist supreme might just be so perfect that a later writer makes it true anyway
>>
>>89365131
I still love the good-natured nod to the Donnerman tagline there.
>>
>>89365131
Isn't loki back to being a villian again?
>>
>>89365291
now Loki is whatever the story\author needs.
>>
>>89365291
Loki had been set up to become a villain again since the god butcher arc.
>>
>>89365237
>Donnerman tagline
?
>>89365291
What gave you that impression?
Sure he poisoned his mother and sided with a tyrant but it's alllll according to keikakku.
>>
>>89365390
...wat
>>
>>89365291
in Vote Loki he specifically brings up that he's the god of stories now rather than the god of lies

and in She-Thor, it gets emphasized repeatedly that despite Loki claiming to be on Malekith's side he's gone out of his way to avoid killing anyone at every turn. Even when he poisoned his mother he used the exact right dosage required to put her in a coma rather than kill her. When the Roxxon guy gets Loki to provide him with an army, he tells him a story of the time he made a proto-Hulk by giving a warrior dragon's blood, but then lost control of the guy and got the absolute shit beaten out of him. he then told the Roxxon guy how to harvest dragon blood to turn his soldiers into proto-hulks.

the only reason he comes across as particularly antagnstic is because he knows for a fact that the new Thor isn't his brother and has no reason to give a single shit what happens to her
>>
>>89365415
Richard Donner's Superman The Movie

"You'll believe a Man Can Fly"
>>
>>89365451
He's the hero we need.
>>
>>89365056
Motion lines can make wonders.
>>
>>89366311
Also despite their effort to recreate the famous panel they never bothered to make sure the image before lined up with it.
>>
>>89366311
Is there a way to recover images that've 404d on desuarchive?
Trust me it's relevant.
>>
>>89355149
Ehhh, is it timeless or beyond the axis of time?

If a creature can look at the entirety of one universe's timeline like an unrolled film strip, then nothing anything in the film strip can do can bother it as it. It's a non-starter.

This is smacking of Dragon Ball, where each season brings another bump up in Sayiyayaieian levels just so the old high-end guys are now throwing wiffle balls that doink off the new bad guys.
>>
>>89364505
Is there an actual reason for that given in Marvel?

In DC, the story for years what that Earth was next in line to be hit with The Godwave: an echo of the creation force that made the universe that creates the actual deities of the universe. Earth was going to be the Fifth and final time the Godwave would hit a planet, making everything on Earth become the most powerful anything. Which is why Darkseid wanted to subjugate it so badly: there would be a whole race of Supermen Prime to fuck him over if he didn't.
>>
File: Avengers Kree-Zone-194.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
Avengers Kree-Zone-194.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>89368317
I haven't read everything from Marvel, so this is just what I've managed to piece together
A) Humans have huge latent psionic potential. (Kree Skrull war)
B) A single human with their psionic potential unlocked can do nearly anything they can imagine. see: Rick Jones summoning every avenger from every timeline that didn't go bad and commanding them as his personal army (Avengers Forever)
C) a super power is basically a figment of this psionic potential. things like power creep are just the wielder reaching a bit more of their full potential. Eventually they will become like a god, with the 'theme' of their powers as their domain/portfolio.(Earth-X trilogy, characters such as Cipher)
D) In about a thousand years humans will have unlocked enough of their psionic potential to surpass Asgardians and start to reach the level of Beyonders, at which point they will sieze control of the galaxy and later the universe (hinted in Kree Skrull War, explicit in Avengers Forever)
now this next one is conjecture.
E) one of the strongest powers amongst humanity's psionic potential is to know and comprehend what you need to do to succeed. sort of half-precog, half-cosmic awareness. the quintessential 'flash of inspiration' is a legit psionic super power. Every time humanity has gone up against absurdly more powerful foes and pulled through, its been because the right hero in the right place got a flash of inspiration and comprehended the solution to their dilemma.

there is still a root 'but why' I haven't addressed, and I don't know the answer. my only guess is that every race has some kind of psionic potential and circumstances conspired that humanity has exponentially more potential than most races.
>>
>>89365440
Old thor mentions something along the lines of "Kill your brother the next time you meet him".
>>
>>89369454
That was already proven to be a divergent future.
>>
>>89365390
>>89369603
Not him, but there's also Ulysses's vision, where he wields the Necrosword.
>>
>>89369776
K E I K A K K U
>>
This whole eternity war and potential marvel hypercrisis thing has got me more interested than I should be. Honestly, the only reason why I'm looking forward to the april solicitations is that Ewing said that by issue #6 we would have a full history of the cosmic jailer, which went way beyond the beggining of time.
>>
>>89369776
Ulysses vision is clearly of Old Thor vs. King Loki though.
>>
>>89358494
Odin and the skyfathers should be ranked below Big G and the Inbetweener desu.
>>
>>89373842
Last time they fought it was a draw desu
>>
>>89358494
But Eternity has hailed to Galactus.
>>
>>89320178
>Eternals to Thanos
Technically not from Earth, but I guess it's close enough in the cosmic scheme of things.
>>
>>89377047
Originally, they came to Titan from Earth.
>>
>>89320676
Dont forget that in Illuminati, it was retconned that the Beyonder was an inhuman with mutants genes that got exposed to terrigen mists and thats how he became so powerful.

But I guess that retcon was retconned because we know he would'be become infected with M-Pox
>>
>>89368787

...That's pretty succinct and would go a LOOONG way to explaining a lot of shit.
>>
>>89369776
>Necrosword.

Oh god oh god. That was such a retarded story.

>>89373842

Well below, methinks. Gods of one particular planet versus the one, unique Galactus?

>>89377149
>Illuminati

Written by... who else... Bendis.
>>
>>89375003
Galactus is a cosmic entity, he's high enough up the food chain for Eternity to talk to him personally
>>
>>89374117
Yeah but generally Galactus has better feats and fights bigger enemies than odin. It's like saying that the suicide squad is as powerful as the justice league because they recently fought and it ended in a win for the squad.
>>
>>89314800
The dubs of Batshit Butthurt. Fuck your caped crusader and dark knight, DCFag
>>
File: t34wYgzM.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
t34wYgzM.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>89315766
>capeshit
>>
>>89380774
It gets a little conveluted at times.
>>
Isn't the Beyonder like God's right hand? The nigger was stronger than Thanos with the hotu
>>
>>89381388
>Thanos with the hotu

The what

And the Beyonder was originally designated to be more powerful than all of Marvel's powerhouses put together, including the Living Tribunal.

But people rightly protested, so he was demoted to a Cosmic Cube, and the great cosmic powers had accommodated his shenanigans to allow him to grow and change.
>>
>all these retards making desperate excuses
When will you fuckwads realize that literally the only reason TLT got killed was because of the constant need to raise the stakes? Marvel just needs to shit out more and more threatening bad guys because cape comics cater to little children.
I give it 10 years tops before TOAA gets bitchslapped by some new baddie and then Doom, Spidey and some other FOTM bullshit character save the day.
>>
>>89381446
I think he means heart of the universe, though I dont know why he abbreviated it.
>>
>>89381650
>heart of the universe

I don't know why anyone pays attention to Starlin anymore, and at this point I am afraid to ask.
>>
>>89377149
It was subtext. He was fucking around, Brevoot confirmed.
>>
File: 1432147839439.jpg (997KB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
1432147839439.jpg
997KB, 1920x2951px
>>89378005
ayy
fuk u
>>
>>89381695
Because it's canon.
>>
>>89382412

It was fucking ridiculous. And not very original: we already HAD a godslayer.
>>
>>89315293
>Order and Chaos are multiversal in nature not universal.
That is completely wrong, they've always been universal. Are you seriously making shit up to make them look more impressive?
>>
>>89382412
>mirrored

This bothers me more than it should.
>>
File: 1406259121112.jpg (54KB, 700x929px) Image search: [Google]
1406259121112.jpg
54KB, 700x929px
>>89382820
holy dickshitting hell, it IS mirrored, with minor alterations to (I think) only the cape on the right side.

Do people really think the veins in your arms are in the same positions on both sides? That reflections on a compund/complex curved surface are perfectly distributed?

I liked this story, but damn. At least try to cover it up.
>>
>>89368222
>then nothing anything in the film strip can do can bother it as it.
correct. Unless something escapes the strips and enter in the same dimension of the creature, which is, in its dimension, only able to go forward in time, and throw at it a time-machine bomb.
>>
File: 1432134925769.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1432134925769.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89382611
And he was shit. Gorr & his story trumped him & his, no contest.
>It was fucking ridiculous.
OH HEAVENS TO BETSY SAY IT AIN'T FUCKING SO
>>
>>89382426
Actually, Thanos: The End isn't canon.
>>
>>89368317
>Is there an actual reason for that given in Marvel?
Nexus of realities+Celestials genetic engineering.
The Nexus was on Earth by sheer chance.
The Celestials manipulated many of the sentient species in the Cosmos with various degrees of success. The Earth mutations are unreliable but many and various.
It MIGHT be caused by the Nexus being on the same planet.

Another explanation was given in Uncanny Avengers, but nobody cared about it because it was bullshit.

>>89379423
being higher in the cosmic pyramid doesn't mean having greater powers and viceversa.

The Elders of the Universe are EXTREMELY powerful, enough to deal with the likes of Death and Infinity, but they are actually really low in the Cosmic ranking.

>>89383875
So says Brevoort. Who is basically ignored by everybody.
Also, the canon explanation is "something really similar to Marvel:The End did happen, but Thanos failed to cure the Resurrection Sickness" basically means it's canon....
>>
>>89383875
It is. All except the "fix" at the end, it was retconned to some other nondescript fatal flaw. Starlin's Thanos ongoing a year or two later is set in 616 and picks up directly after it. It's the story that brought the Infinity Gems back to 616 after they disappeared.
>>
>>89383902
>Another explanation was given in Uncanny Avengers, but nobody cared about it because it was bullshit.
gibe
>>
>>89384029
a group of extra-dimensional guys or something was actively manipulating the 616 reality so to give it the best possible outcomes, in order to fight something or something else.

Nobody cared because it was stupid.
>>
>>89368317
I thought that DC's explanation was basically the same as >>89368787

Didn't the Dominators or White Martians figure out that the human metagene contained EVERY superpower and they had to genetically manipulate humanity to keep them from just noticing that they could all tap into the Speedforce, Red, Green, Dreaming, and Source Wall all at once and wipe out every other race?
>>
File: Fantastic Four (1961) 54-14.jpg (1MB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Fantastic Four (1961) 54-14.jpg
1MB, 988x1500px
>>89384069
Sure you're not thinking of something else?
>>
File: Marvel the end is not canon.jpg (29KB, 572x296px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel the end is not canon.jpg
29KB, 572x296px
>>89384012

It's not canon, m8. At least not for 616.
>>
>>89385436
Nope
>>
>>89385465
And I just explained to you how it is.
A pure telling of Marvel The End, as a self-contained story with resounding metaphysical ramifications, is a wonderful finale to the Marvel universe that nothing follows on from.
Everything EXCEPT the ending & those ramifications happened in 616. 616 itself references them. Read the Thanos ongoing, it explicitly tells you so.
Look at is as split-timeline thing. Marvel The End, as originally intended and released, is a "What If Thanos never came back" universe where death is final. In 616, he did and it isn't. Albiet only to him, as is the norm in such stories everything got rewound & undone and only he remembers.
>>
>>89385465
>implying Brevoot even knows that Genis-Vell story
>>89385469
You just perfectly described Fraction's The Defenders though.
Did this happen in Uncanny's time travel arc too or what?
>>
>>89385742
... now you mention it, it might have been Fraction's Defenders.
>>
>>89383854

To each their own. I thought the story was crap when I was reading it, you still think it was great. Different strokes!
>>
>>89385915

Ahh, Matt Fraction... his Defenders was the way I would want all his Marvel work to be: erasing itself from existence at the end.
>>
>>89386371
it might have worked too we,, I forgot they were a thing in first place.
>>
>>89385690
This seems like a reasonable explanation, thanks.
>>
galactus should nomnom tribunal's corpse and become the galactus tribunal.
Thread posts: 465
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.