[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Marvel comic series is good >gets a movie/series that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

>Marvel comic series is good
>gets a movie/series that's watered down version of the book and changes a lot of things
>even more popular
>comic starts changing to look like it and ends up shit
>characters are put on the forefront and overexposed

How do you feel about synergy? Any characters you'd be willing to sacrifice?
>>
>>89311288
Synergy is the biggest monkey paw that ever happened to Marvel ever. Even worse than getting Jemas/Quesada or getting rid of Shooter. The comics now are condemned to never again be creative or artistic because writers have to be more worried that some dumb fuck won't tell them to change all their story because some dumb fucking movie was announced. It's a real tragedy.

GotG is a testament to that. Not even need to talk about Bendis, just looking at what Duggan was left to work with is enough to weep.
>>
GOTG and cosmic marvel brought me back to marvel after years of being out of it, then they completely fisted the whole thing until it was a hollowed out shell of what it was.

I don't know why they had to do that, I don't think they ever had to.
>>
I hate it, the movies and tv series are their own thing and don't care about the comics, why should comics care about them.
It's almost always bendis too, must get his dick hard.
>>
File: Kaiji so fucked up.png (53KB, 302x325px) Image search: [Google]
Kaiji so fucked up.png
53KB, 302x325px
>>89311288
I pray for one day the executives realize people dont want to see the exact same shit they saw in a movie while reading a comic book

>>89311491
Duggan´s GotG any good?
>>
Depends on who's actually writing. If it's Bendis, than thanks, no.
>>
>>89311850
Yeah I think Bending is waaaay more responsible for ruining the mood of GotG than the movie synergy.
The movie didn't have a fucking banana costume or people from earth joining the team for REASONS.
>>
>>89312006
To be fair, the movies themselves are not to blame. It's the comic section that decided to SYNERGY everything, and put minorities every fucking where (and for the record I'm black and don't like how they're using skin color as a sales argument).
Bendis isn't alone. he has an entire troop of people being okay with his bullshit and letting him do it.
>>
File: 1484874036671.jpg (56KB, 252x461px) Image search: [Google]
1484874036671.jpg
56KB, 252x461px
>>89312174
>I'm black
BBC?
>>
>>89311288
Synergy is fine, but only if it makes small changes. A new character outfit, development for a minor character/plot, a clever take on a comic. The issue is the idea of picking what should be carried over in the first place. Instead of choosing what to take, they just copy everything.
>>
>>89311288
Bendis Gotg was bad long before the movie came out.
>>
>>89311288
Uh, Bendis' GOTG is shit because of Bendis. Not because of synergy. The movie didn't even come out until Bendis had been writing the characters for about two years. (Avengers Assemble came out in mid-2012, Infinite issues and 0.1 followed, GOTG restarted in early 2013)

>>89311491
>just looking at what Duggan was left to work with is enough to weep

Duggan's preview sounds pretty great actually. Can't wait to see the new Nova Corps in the FCBD preview.

>>89311547
>then they completely fisted the whole thing until it was a hollowed out shell of what it was

I fucking love GOTGv2 but I'll be damned if yall don't overrate it to hell and back. All it takes is one good writer to bring some direction back to the series. I don't know if Duggan's that writer, but I'm willing to give him a shot.

I for one am not sad about a smaller team size with increased character focus. Bendis downsized the team, but he never focused on any character but Peter (poorly) and Gamora (barely). Further proof that Bendis is the problem here, not some nebulous idea of "synergy" that ruins everything it touches.
>>
>>89311288
>Series gets a cult following with cool characters and paradigms
>Bendis either picks the series or puts that character in a popular comics
>He botches and butchers the comic/character
>This is what the general public will ever experience of said character/comic
>So new writers are forced to deal directly with these perceptions.

Repeat. Few characters survive.
>>
>Any characters you'd be willing to sacrifice?
Carol.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.