[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any chance that the new X-Men Blue and Gold series will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (353KB, 800x741px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
353KB, 800x741px
Is there any chance that the new X-Men Blue and Gold series will be good enough to restore their prominence?
>>
>>89309663
No. X-men: Blue might be good though.
>>
>>89309682
With Jean "You're gay" Grey as a leader? Doubt it.
>>
>>89309742
Not him but the idea of the original fix being mentored by Magneto makes it a neat mix of 80s X-Factor and New Mutants. It's just a shame what they did to Jean and Bobby though.
>>
Nope, the muggas have had their time in the spotlight and it is over
>>
>>89309742
Hey man, I hate O5 Jean too, but Bunn writes a fantastic Magneto and Magneto mentoring the O5 is a solid premise. As long as Bunn isn't forced to to shoehorn in too much gay Bobby stuff and portrays Jean as the bitch she is, then it has a decent chance of being good.
>>
0%
have you seen the shitty creative teams
>>
>>89309663
Nope.

1.- Marvel is stuck in the suck cycle. Nothing they are doing is particularly good.
They are so dumb they even missed on the opportunity to actually use mutants or inhumans in a way that worked for the sjw agenda.

2.- They don't want them to succeed until the movie rights go to Disney.
>>
>>89310073
Blue has a good creative team and Syaf is a solid artist. The only weak link is Guggenheim.
>>
When the fuck is Wolverine coming back?
>>
File: X-Men_Gold_1_Cover.jpg (285KB, 800x1230px) Image search: [Google]
X-Men_Gold_1_Cover.jpg
285KB, 800x1230px
>>89309663
>Is there any chance that the new X-Men Blue and Gold series will be good
Gold = Mark "Olicity" Guggenheim == "Not a chance!"

Just in case you had any doubt look at image related. The chick you don't recognize is Prestige (aka Rachel Grey ... because Uncle Guggie thinks that that's "organic").

Blue = Cullen Bunn who's pretty hit and miss. On the one hand he did really really well with the Magneto solo (until it got clobbered by Secret Wars), on the other hand ... Fearless Defenders. Yeesh.

Also: the team is O5 X-Kids (being lead, inexplicably, by Tean) + Mags. YMMV but I've just ignored anything with the O5 in it since about halfway through Bendis's run and don't see that changing.

TL;DR Nope, not feelin' it, anon. Sorry. (Being an X-Fag is suffering!)
>>
>>89309663
Blue is clearly garbage that only exist to explore the last possible story left with the Teen O5

and unless Ardian Sryaf became a superstar overnight Gold is dead in the water. we've seen everything about it before, the only thing about new is Kitty will be making more pointing poses.
>>
>>89310051
>As long as Bunn isn't forced to to shoehorn in too much gay Bobby stuff
H-have you actually *read* any Marble over the last year or so??
>>
>>89310218
Sure, plenty, but with Iceman having his own ongoing, there isn't much reason to relegate all the "look at how gay Bobby is!" stuff into Blue when they already have an entire ongoing/stealth mini dedicated to it.

I mean, Bunn's Uncanny X-men had M but it's not like any issue had any shoehorned in "look! M is a muslim! Isn't that progressive?!" shit in it.
>>
I like Bunns horror stuff but his XMen had been pretty lame
>>
>>89309663

Man other than those two baldies letting the side down the Gold team's hair game is fucking STRONG.
>>
>>89309663
Lol no. X men side of Resurexxion is gonna be pathetic.
>>
>>89309663
Why is Creed on the first pic?
Was Jim Lee planing to make him replace Wolverine?e
>>
>>89310179
>on the other hand ... Fearless Defenders. Yeesh.

Oh that series is bad? I was considering reading it? Like not now but maybe eventually in the future.
>>
>>89312259
It's awful. Bunn's worst comic by a wide margin.
>>
>>89310051
That was a Bendis thing, and with him off the book,Bunn can do what he wants- write some Bad MotherFucker Magneto stories
>>
Really not planning to read any O5 shit unless it turns out that Bunn is actually allowed to use the book as a springboard for the larger X-universe and resolve some more UXM plots of his. It's criminal that Uncanny wasn't allowed to continue.
On the other hand, Gold has the worse creative team by far but has characters I enjoy. Guggenheim at least proved he cares for Rachel with that X-men v4 arc of his so I might read it for that despite the awful redesign.
>>
>>89309663
Wait, why is Sabertooth there.
>>
>>89309663
They force Iceman to be gay so no
it will never be good again
>>
File: x gonna save ya.jpg (263KB, 750x1139px) Image search: [Google]
x gonna save ya.jpg
263KB, 750x1139px
Blue maybe, Gold's gonna be shit until Guggy leaves.

Keep the faith
>>
File: Excalibur_Vol_1_1_Back_Cover.jpg (70KB, 440x699px) Image search: [Google]
Excalibur_Vol_1_1_Back_Cover.jpg
70KB, 440x699px
>>89310179

Rachel Grey fucking rocks son

Gold is gonna suck but that is a 10/10 line up
>>
>>89317723
>implying you ever gave a fuck about Iceman
>>
>>89316738
He was very briefly on the team after Logan had his adamantium ripped out. It was just long enough to make it onto the years trading cards.
>>
>>89309663

Psylocke looks really off in that pose and I don't know why
>>
>>89318830
It looks like she's pooing a turd
>>
>>89318830
her stance is to forward-heavy and she's about to topple over
>>
>>89317804
Rachel Grey sucks, stop lying to yourself.
>>
>>89320349

i will fight you
>>
>>89309663
Nope, X-Men is a dying franchise
>>
>>89320416
It's not the X-Men's fault that Disney is purposefully trying to kill them.
>>
>>89318291
Iceman was one of the few XMen I liked until they turned him into a gay for no reason
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.