[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DC has been pushing Wonder Woman hard for the last 40 years trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: 4557613-4450100192-dc-tr[1].jpg (282KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
4557613-4450100192-dc-tr[1].jpg
282KB, 658x370px
DC has been pushing Wonder Woman hard for the last 40 years trying to force her into this "Trinity" bullshit despite the fact that almost no one likes her. I understand DC doesn't want to seem sexist but why hasn't Wondy been replaced by Barry or Hal who are actually very well liked?
>>
>>89298833
It's not about popularity in the "liked or disliked", it's about recognition as an icon.
>>
>>89298865
this desu
>>
they should just make Wonder Woman a Batman and then it will be good
>>
>>89298865
actually they've been continually producing their comics for over 70 years
>>
They should give WW an outfit that doesn't suck
>>
>>89298960
>>89298915
She is only an icon because she is pushed.
Why not make a more popular character an icon?
>>
>>89298833
Because "Trinity" isn't a deliberate chosen thing. The concept has a historical context and is composed of Wondy/Supes/Bats because they're the only three original heroes from the golden age who survived past it and into the modern day.
>>
>>89298960
I'm not sure we're talking about the same things.

What I'm saying is the "trinity" is a collection of "brands". Like Pepsi.

Flash and GL, while very old and popular and recognized...are still not Pepsi-tier.
>>
>>89298981
it's not about popularity or iconicness, it's literally just seniority
>>
File: 1477766279737.jpg (158KB, 942x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1477766279737.jpg
158KB, 942x1200px
it's just a bad team. what does she bring? batman is the stealth-rogue/science-tech guy. superman is the tank/paladin.

WW is a slightly different tank. they should get a female mage/healer/support class to balance out the team instead of WW.
>>
>>89298833
>why hasn't Wondy been replaced by Barry or Hal who are actually very well liked?
They replaced her with Hal a lot when Geoff's run was popular and they do swap Barry in on occasion

But Wondy is still more iconic and they need a token girl
>>
>>89298997
The "Trinity" is Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman. DC has been continually producing a Superman, a Batman, and a Wonder Woman comic every month since they were first published, in the 1930s. That is what "Trinity" refers to. There is no other discussion to be had here.
>>
>>89299010
Comics don't work like an RPG party. Writers care about thematics, not powersets.

Superman is science fiction, Batman is crime drama, Wonder Woman is fantasy/mythology.
>>
File: 1483078073478.jpg (370KB, 1000x1416px) Image search: [Google]
1483078073478.jpg
370KB, 1000x1416px
>>89299010
i agree but would prefer dark-mage type Raven
>>
>>89298981
hahaha no

Being THE female superhero in the eyes of the casual public is beyond just a comics push you fucking nerd
>>
>>89298981
The passage of time is kind of an important factor.

Wonder Woman has been THE ultimate image of a female superhero in the public consciousness since way before your parents were born.

It takes generations to change ideas like these.

Every superhero has T-shirts, but the Trinity are the ones whose T-shirts and pajamas and underpants a grandparent will buy in a JC Penney's.
>>
Power Girl deserves to be pushed more desu
>>
>>89299265
Power Girl is a Superfamily character.

When you have Pepsi, Mt. Dew, and Dr. Pepper, you don't cancel Dr. Pepper and replace it with More Pepsi.
>>
>>89299051
This .
>>
>>89298833
Good lord, you can practically smell the mommy issues on this post.
>>
>superman is an ordinary man with extraordinary powers
>batman is an extraordinary man with ordinary powers
>wondy is an extraordinary woman with extraordinary powers

Honestly she feels superfluous from a storytelling perspective and Clark and Bruce play off of each other so well.
>>
>>89299740
I like Wondy but the concept of the Trinity is a lot more forced than the World's Finest. I don't think anyone could argue that.
>>
>>89299010
the role of female healer is so overdone the it become a stereotype so NO
>>
File: wonder mary sue.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
wonder mary sue.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
>>89298833
I think you answered your own question.

When a general public thinks
>Female comicbook character
Most would think of wondy and for that little reason she is part of the trinity.
I'd say she is the biggest female name in comics, even if most of them with her are terrible.
>>
>>89298833
Even people who know nothing about capes know who Superman and Batman. Wondy, though not at that level, is the closest DC character. She is "The" female superhero, just like Superman is "The" superhero.
>Hal
People complaining that they were whitewashing GL in the movie shows that Hal is nowhere as famous as Wondy.
>>
>>89299740
>superman is an ordinary man with extraordinary powers
>batman is an extraordinary man with ordinary powers
>Clark and Bruce play off of each other so well.
Superman and Batman comics existed before 1986 as well.
>>
The problem is that Wonder Woman doesn't compliment Superman dynamic wise, which makes the trinity unbalanced.

Sure, writers try to make her be the aggressive one when paired with Superman, in an attempt to make her contrast with the chill and pacifistic Superman, but it never works.

So she's either too bland or unlikable.
>>
>>89298833
You're a fucking moron. The Trinity cannot be anyone other than Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman as the name was given to them since they survived the Golden Age crash and were DC's flashship characters. There's no other trinity, you can't just call any 3 characters the trinity, that's not how it works.
>>
>>89298833
Casuals don't like Flash or Hal.
>>
>>89298981
That's not how iconography works. You can't force someone/something into being an icon.

ie. Carol Danvers
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.