[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this never properly resolved...? Finn poured his hea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 568
Thread images: 90

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (74KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
74KB, 1280x720px
Why was this never properly resolved...?
Finn poured his heart open to PB then a few episodes later they just act like nothing happened and he is still in fucking love with her. It doesn't help that she became even more cold towards him.
>finn go on this mission for me k thanx bye
>finn defend my kingdhom with no compensation, just do it because were friends, even I don't even like you touching me
>finn duuhhh what are you talking about??? I had no idea you loved me even though I obviously knew and toyed with your emotions for my own little games

https://youtu.be/rJDj40HWB9Q
>>
I mean. I can see the writers have taken (small) steps to get the relationship they have to a non dogshite state. At this late in the show I doubt they're gonna ever make Finn seem on an even playing field with PB. Pic related and maybe one more instance is the only times where he isn't totally white knight subservient to her needs. It's a shame really. They probably think they don't have any more developing to do between them when the opposite couldn't be more true.

That's just how I see it though. also gotta have them lesbians
>>
>>89296493
They can't even go full lesbian because of muh Russia.
So, no Korrasami any time soon.
>>
File: 2013-08-04 00.31.18.jpg (78KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-04 00.31.18.jpg
78KB, 480x640px
>>89295687
thats what a normal person does you cave troll, it doesnt work out thats cool lets be friends
>>
>>89296539
That's a weird definition of friendship you have there my autistic friend
>>
File: boring-cloud S06E23.png (179KB, 779x500px) Image search: [Google]
boring-cloud S06E23.png
179KB, 779x500px
>>89296493
Also WWM shoulda been the episode he stopped pining for her bubblebooty and their relationship should've been built onto (and thrived) from there.

prove me wrong (you can't)
>>
>>89295687
You its this shipping shit that killed AT to begin with. At some point dumb adventures was forgotten
>>
no they won't resolve it
you can tell by watching the series that alot of the old writers left and the new writers that came in didn't care for finn as a character. finn became a 3rd wheel in his own show.
given how the last season ended I wouldn't be surprised if the series ended with susan doing all the work while finn sits on the sidelines.
>>
>>89296577
Shipping isn't what killed AT, it was shit writing.
They could have kept Finn and FP together but split them up because...why did they split them up?
>>
>>89296607
It's DC and Marvel all over again...
>>
>>89296616
Because Rebecca Sugar created FP and when she left the show to do SU, no one left knew what to do with her.
>>
>>89296658
Except Cinnamon Bun
>>
>>89295687
Ok I can accept PB not returning Finn's romantic feelings but why the fuck did she have to treat him so badly?

I claims that they are friends, but she's not comfortable at all with him touching her and he's always putting his life on the line for her shitty kingdom and doing errands for her.
>>
>>89296696
I'm still coming to terms with the fact that Finn got cucked by a fucking pastry.
>>
>>89296616
it really did hurt how i had JUST started to get used to the idea of them together when they broke up.. and what's more, they had like a three episode leadup to their NOT breaking up, with it all set up to just be finn's exaggeration of his mistakes.. including several previous ones where he DID imagine that they had broken up (even though they werent 'together' yet) over a trifle. it was just bad pacing

anyway the PB thing is complicated. her younger self loves finn, but she feels like she can't let that self out. now finn and even moreso marceline are teaching her that.. yeah, she can.. at least sometimes. which means she can maybe let finn grow a little closer to her, just by and by. takin it slowwww.
>>
In real life such situations don't get resolved.
>>
>>89296710
eh, she didnt want him to be her dog, and she didnt want him to be her 24/7 obsessed errandboy either. but she's cool with having him as a knight.
>>
>>89296561
what so your not gona be friends with some one because they dont want your dick in them?
>>
Has Finn ever had to deal with a yandere?
>>
>>89296754
I would question my friendship with a person if they only use me for errands and freak out if I rested my head on their lap.
>>
>>89296754
Why stay around for a relationship that you don't find satisfying?
>>
>>89296746
>she didnt want him to be her dog
>still has him going on "missions" which are just fetch quests for her retarded experiments
>>
>>89296658
Was FP that complicated when it came to writing?
>>
>>89296833
I just think its more of the fact the new writers that replaced the people that split just didn't care about Fire Princess and decided to just remove her from the show.
>>
>>89296539
>attracted to someone
>rejected
>move on
vs.
>attracted to someone
>rejected
>lets BEE friends and also keep doing all this shit for me please
He isn't over her. They aren't friends. He likes her and she likes him doing shit for her and occasionally hanging out. If he got over her and stopped pining it would be different. He hasn't and they aren't/
>>
>>89296616
I don't fucking know. They did the "you can't get your childhood crush thing with PB, which is fine and dandy no problems here if it wasn't being dragged by it's neck with him possibly still having feelings for her/ Just holy fucking shit kill it off already.

FP is a while 'nother bucket of worms. I think sugar was going for some Rocky Dennis type of path with Finn not being able to touch her, but they manage to overcome their problems to build a strong, unbreakable bond as strong as Finn and Jake's bromance.

Then she was tossed out in favor of Finn having a skulk over puberty arc which all but killed interest in his character.

If you were to ask the writers questions, problems with AT don't stem with "why did you do (x)?," it's "why didn't you want to do (x) and replaced it with something much less appealing?"
>>
>>89296903
In the Adventure Time comics, Finn eventually married Fire Princess and became king of the underworld. He also repaired his relationship with Princess Bubblegum who was a full blown lesbian at that point, but the thing was, he was over her. He no longer had any romantic feelings for her.
But in the show even when he was still with FP, he admits that he was still in love with PB. Holy fuck, just end it already, the writers obviously have no intentions of letting them get together enough of this beta bullshit.
>>
>>89296960
>Bubblegum was a full blown lesbian

What an emotional cop out.
>>
>>89295687
>finn go on this mission for me k thanx bye
>finn defend my kingdhom with no compensation
Why is it so hard for people to grasp that Finn is a "hero"? This is his job. He does it for all the princesses and basically anyone who needs him, and he does it because of his moral obligations and love of adventure. He just ended up falling in love with one of his clientele.
>>
>>89297002
I didn't mind the blatant Bubbline pandering the comic because Finn got the happy ending he deserved and wasn't constantly getting shit on by a writing team with an obvious hate boner for him.
In the comics Finn was competent, had his mechanical arm, and had healthy relationships with his friends and his wife, Fire Princess and even ruled over his own kingdom. Literally the perfect ending.
>>
>>89297018
>he's a hero so that makes it okay for people to take advantage of him and treat him like shit
>>
>>89297018
Because she's not his Princess. He's not a candy person. He doesn't even live in her Kingdom. He is literally this kid that she came across one day that is surprisingly good at defeating monsters and finding treasure, and who also just happens to be a fucking twelve year old kid with an obvious crush on her.

When you consider that PB's biggest fucking guns are the giant gumball machine fuckers, having Finnn around as her muscle makes sense.

There was never any "Hero fighting for his Princess" thing there because aside from Ice King, nobody fucks with PB. She's a fucking power hungry monster.
>>
>>89296718
a half baked pastry that only became smart after being fully cooked and then went back to being retarded
>>
>>89297145
It also makes sense why she used Finn so much for "missions".

Banna Guards are incompetent retards. She even went to the fire kingdom by herself to kill Fire Princess and stop her invasion because she knew that was one thing Finn would not agree to do.
>>
>>89297222
PB's biggest flaw is that she thinks she's the only one who knows what's best, so none of her citizens have even the slightest bit of drive or emotion to do more than what they were created for.

On the other hand it's also a blessing because Ooo doesn't need any more PB's.
>>
File: 1423016869163.gif (428KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1423016869163.gif
428KB, 500x281px
>>89296874
>>89296874
Part of what detracted my enjoyment of Stakes is very much knowing PB wanted to slap the shit out of Finn for 3/4ths of the series.

>>89296960
>But in the show even when he was still with FP, he admits that he was still in love with PB.
Ya got shit like gif related, then a season later she doesn't want him to touch her.

Does anyone find it strange that PB was priming Finn up to be diddled by her until Too Young when she broke it off, but acted like she didn't know what the heck she did by bottling him up until he lashed out at her in Burning Low? This wouldn't be a problem if there was no backstory on her before Season 1, but it seems like she's gonna have some expansion on her possible lesbo background with Marceline. And if she had a romantic to deep friendship background with Marcy, she'd be able to see Finn's attempt at her feelings from a mile away (which she often acknowledged) because of the multiple suitors, but refused to talk things out with him.

This refusal eventually caused him to sniff at her dress again once things went sour with FP. I think with this particular instance they're trying to jam two jigsaw puzzle pieces that aren't compatible together.

This isn't shipper talk, I'm scratching my head here because the writers made it about romance and past relationships. Am I getting something wrong here?

>>89297052
but my ship > those ships anon
>>
File: 1443746219289.jpg (27KB, 456x628px) Image search: [Google]
1443746219289.jpg
27KB, 456x628px
I just have this huge nagging feeling I can't shale that fringe Identity Politics played a big role in Bubbline's concept and execution. I mean i can dig the r34, but not the show because of the feeling Finn's development with both of them got shafted in order to push it more.

am I paranoid because of today's atmosphere anons pls i'm not crazy
>>
>>89297483
People just like lesbians anon.
It's not rocket science.
>>
File: 1465595420795.gif (210KB, 280x199px) Image search: [Google]
1465595420795.gif
210KB, 280x199px
>>89297513
I like lesbians too anon, but there's something about this and Korrasami that make me go "eugh" and reel back.
>>
>>89297577
Korrasami was a bit of an asspull which wouldn't have been so bad if Bryke hadn't been so smug about it.

By comparison, Bubbline is a bit more organic; there were several season's worth of chemistry. Besides, Finn was supposed to have FP so everything would have worked out in the end.
>>
>>89296874
>If he got over her and stopped pining it would be different. He hasn't and they aren't/
of the four hundred or so characters introduced so far, less than five of them have pissed off Finn so much that he won't fulfill a request to help them
you nigger anus chewing inuit
>>
>>89297577
that's just your father's penis violating you in the past
ignore it
>>
we need more close happy times
>>
So...

How much do you all wanna bet on whether Adventure Time is gonna pull a Regular Show with Finn's love life?
>>
>>89300300
I don't want to think about it, because if they did do it I would seriously be really pissed off and probably burn all my AT merchandise.
>>
File: 1484351033032.gif (1MB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
1484351033032.gif
1MB, 500x418px
>>89300300
Wholly unimportant in the grand scheme of the series.
>>
>>89297693
How does that change the reality? He still likes her and she generally isn't even that good of a friend anyway. When she invites him to parties it's 90% of the time to body guard and shit like that. Marcy is a friend of his.

If he stopped liking her then an actual friendship could begin to form if she was less of shitter. As long as he likes her they aren't friends, he's just an orbiter pretending he doesn't care if she doesn't like him.
>>
>>89297018
There's no issue with that. Everyone appreciates him and what he does and with most of his clientele he manages to form good bonds and relationships. He is rewarded by being well known and loved.
PB is full kraut scientist autism and basically just plays along with it save for a few rarer occasions. On multiple occasions she gets exasperated with his 'performance' and just does it herself chiding Finn. She doesn't respect him, she just helps him play out his hero fantasty.
When they added her hyper competant girl power angle the relationship changed a lot from what it was initially shown as.
>>
>>89296710
Weren't the OG writers intended that PB becomes some sort of final boss or something.
>>
File: jaws 16.jpg (2MB, 2034x2048px) Image search: [Google]
jaws 16.jpg
2MB, 2034x2048px
>>89296539
nah not really dude. it dont work out you dont talk anymore is what "normal" people do
>>
>>89295687
you are going to have to get over it anon. she doesn't want him.
>>
its Adventure Time
it either resolves things in the clumsiest way possible only to undo them, or doesnt resolve them at all and hopes the audience forgets
>>
File: 1432020309016.png (250KB, 386x384px) Image search: [Google]
1432020309016.png
250KB, 386x384px
>>89295687
I hate this pic related episode so much. Just because of Sugar's art and drama and THIS face.

This episode RUINED AT for real, not just Breezy.
>>
He should have fucked the bee.
>>
File: floredoodler Finn and Breezy.png (513KB, 540x669px) Image search: [Google]
floredoodler Finn and Breezy.png
513KB, 540x669px
>>89302210
does she orgasm honey?
>>
>>89295687
Finn did fall out of love with PB, he just kept her on the side in the event that Flame Princess wouldn't work out. He realized his mistake in Too Old after figuring that older people literally are just different. After that he quit his attempt at trying to rebound her. He helps anyone in need, and he is PB's knight. The Candy Kingdom is largest one we've seen in Ooo, and it's right in Finn and Jake's backyard. Ofcourse they go there to help. To be accurate, they don't even go there to see if they need anything, they are called. Finn genuinely enjoys helping others, he doesn't expect compensation.
>>
>>89295687
>became more cold to him
How so? That's just an illusion because you treat a 12 year old different from a young man regardless.
>>
>>89296773
Tiffany
>>
What is Finn endgame then?
>>
>>89296718
I wish I could have been on /co/ the day that episode aired, I can just imagine the rage.

>>89300300
It'd be stupid if they did. Finns love life is more relevant to the plot of his show than Mordecai's ever was. At its worst, people tolerate the relationship drama of AT, while fucking nobody liked the relationship drama of RS. If the writers have any sense of their fanbase they won't pull an RS.
>>
>>89297340
>she doesn't want him to touch her.
Do you really want a boy going through puberty touching you?
>>
File: huntress wizard.jpg (186KB, 759x900px) Image search: [Google]
huntress wizard.jpg
186KB, 759x900px
>>89296520
>They can't even go full lesbian because of muh Russia.

what the fuck are you even talking about?
t.russian

>>89295687

I think it got resolved ok. Finn had a kid crush on PB, but he was always her kid protege, and then her knight, nothing less - but never anything near a husband or king or lover. So he collided with her and then got over it and matured enough to attract his own kind, like FP or HW.

I mean come the fuck on, she's a goo monster one thousand years old, she probably had dozens of mortal knights die on her hands.

Finn x Marceline and Finn x PB crowd is truly delusional imo.
>>
>>89303404
not sure what he mean by just Russia, but there was that whole Steven Universe fiasco with Rosa & Pearl in most parts of the UK.
>>
>>89300776
What do you mean final boss?
Like the final bad guy, or Finn final love interest?
Mostly everyone apart of the original writing team intended for PB and Finn to get together towards the end but now its probably not gonna happen.
>>
File: 0e9[1].jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0e9[1].jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>mfw people still think Bubbline isn't canon
>>
PB is honestly a pretty fucked up character

eerily inhuman yet masquerades well as being like one
probably has to do with her origins

Finn should just go for a nice human girl or at least a half breed WINK WINK
>>
>>89303998
Until it's confirmed onscreen, it nothing but meaningless teasing and pandering to the toxic Tumblr crowd.
>>
>>89301148
This. It's unbearably awkward to keep a friendship going after you've been rejected.
>>
>>89304560
Nigger its canon, just get over it.
>>
>>89304652
I know they said they dated in the past, but nothing on screen has been stated on whether they're dating now, ergo, it isn't canon at the moment and it's still stupid pandering.
>>
File: 1484998306263.jpg (65KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1484998306263.jpg
65KB, 900x900px
Finn should fuck Susan
>>
File: bubbline-6310[1].jpg (93KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
bubbline-6310[1].jpg
93KB, 720x720px
>>89304756
Whatever helps you sleep at night
>>
So i haven't watched adventure time since FP fiasco
Who is now Finn's love interest?
>>
>>89305218
His right hand.
Until they break up again
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (380KB, 1280x1728px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
380KB, 1280x1728px
>>89305218
He still has feelings for PB but the most recent love interest was Huntress Wizard, although that didn't go any where because she made a vow of abstinence.
>>
>>89305218

see

>>89305288
>>
File: 1472964196850.jpg (56KB, 639x356px) Image search: [Google]
1472964196850.jpg
56KB, 639x356px
>>89305288
Huh
Well that sucks
What was the fucking point then?
>>
>>89305446
Xylophone enjoys watching Finn suffer
>>
>>89305288
>He still has feelings for PB
Since when?
>>
>>89305593
.....since the beginning of the series?
>>
>>89305758
Yet she kisses him in "Hot Digitty Doom" and he has literally no reaction.
>>
>>89305830
He literally said he loved her in Burning Low.

Im ignoring you now
>>
>>89305876
>"I loved you"
>loved
>past-tense
Your logical fallacy is: Appeal to tradition
>>
>>89305446
Artificial drama
>>
File: latest-1.png (297KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
297KB, 1280x720px
>>89305288
It'd be more accurate to say that her morals made her decide that as exceptional beast they both are, they cannot date.
>>
File: 960.jpg (66KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
66KB, 960x540px
In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of any inane princess shipping. But because, I am enlightened by my own adventuring.
>>
File: 1484806166707.png (544KB, 896x768px) Image search: [Google]
1484806166707.png
544KB, 896x768px
>>89305288
>that didn't go any where because she made a vow of abstinence.
Best move AT has made in awhile.
>>
>>89296539
beta orbiter spotted. Have fun listening to her complain about her boyfriends, chump.
>>
>>89304613
not really because its just how they feel its kinda like when someone denies you something you dont freak out and burn all ties you just accept it
>>
File: 3f76a38b7e3caacd1e894dd876e15dd0.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3f76a38b7e3caacd1e894dd876e15dd0.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
Speaking of HW...
>>
>>89304878
>these two characters stood next to eachother
>they must be in love!
>>
>>89306899
>Implying I'm not fucking her boyfriends behind her back
>>
>>89307037
No, but due to the subtext their relationship continues to show, little things like these make shippers sperg out. This would be nothing on its own. Nice way to misrepresent the truth, you know good and well that shippers are referring to the entire episode between them.
>>
>>89307037
>these two characters are constantly seen together
>these two characters have been given numerous scenes that could easily be interpreted as romantic
>one of these characters is now only seen when paired with the other
>>
>>89307030
Whoa, she's still following him around even though he lost the grass sword?
>>
>>89307037
what's it like being retarded
>>
>>89307030
ok, who is the dog girl?
answer me.
>>
File: My_Arm!.png (867KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
My_Arm!.png
867KB, 1920x1080px
>>89305271
Wrongo.
>>
File: 1484724175905.png (63KB, 213x380px) Image search: [Google]
1484724175905.png
63KB, 213x380px
>>89307497
Jake's grandaughter.

Finn's new love interest will be his grand niece, and she is the most pure example of a female humanoid version of his brother Jake.
>>
File: 12553677745.jpg (78KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12553677745.jpg
78KB, 1920x1080px
>>89307141
>>89307160
>>89307274
ew

bubblinefags have infested the thread
>>
>>89307030
Where'd you get that?
>>
>>89307679
A guy named misseps leaked some pics and a sneak peek of Wheels from CN's servers.
>>
>>89307672
Just pointing out what an idiot you are, and what fuels that shit fandom. Just because you don't like a certain thing doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I don't fucking like it either
>>
>>89295687
Yes, we know that AT turned to shit in seasons 3/4.
>>
File: PATRICK THAT'S NOT A RIDE.gif (477KB, 500x286px) Image search: [Google]
PATRICK THAT'S NOT A RIDE.gif
477KB, 500x286px
>Flame King has squirrels as his subjects
>King of Ooo's sidekick is a squirrel
>Crazy batshit squirrel has the hots for Jake
>Kim-Kil Wan has squirrels as his associates
WHAT
DOES
IT
MEAN?

>>89307822
yes you do you bitch
>>
Are there new AT coming out soon? Last one I remember was Jake ded and Finn getting his ass whuped on the beach
>>
>>89307964
Season 8 starting next week
>>
>>89307986
Awesome, bomb form or thursdays?
>>
>>89307964
S8 will start this Monday with a Bomb. And after that, CN will air the Islands miniseries.

Oh, and CN isn't advertising the new episodes AGAIN.
>>
>>89308061
Are these the only episodes in the season?
>>
>>89308091
No, there's more coming.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (16KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
16KB, 320x371px
>>89295687
>encouraging young males to have heterosexual relationships by showing Finn experience anything but humiliation and failure in his love life

Problematic as FUCK
>>
>>89308162
don't forget turning 2 girls lesbians. he's Mako 2.0
>>
>>89295687
I always thought this was handled poorly too, specifically in terms of Finn lashing out at PB but then nothing coming from it.
I feel like the show just wants them all cheery with each other because any lasting bitterness and resentment would shake up the show too much.

It is really garbage that Finn's just as subservient as he's ever been while PB seems to have grown slightly less respectful over the years. It feels like the crew doesn't understand that their relationship is a little fucked up.

Also it was so shitty how they had Finn give this speech to here then a little while later he was slavering over her as again. Let Finn have some fucking dignity for crying out loud.
>>
>>89295687
Because "XD LESBIANS LOVE IS LOVE"

AT turned to shit after a few seasons. Stop being invested.
>>
>>89300300
That would be the best ending possible honestly.

Finn getting with someone who actually has the potential to be cool and genuinely like him compared to everyone else who's either a bitch, lesbian, both or Flame Princess (meaning just plain boring as shit).

I'd be fine with it honestly. With Finn at least they've shown that every current romantic option he has isn't really working out, versus Mordecai where it always seemed like he was going to end with one of the two hoes.
>>
>>89308515
>>89308479
>>89308296
LESBAINS ARE LOVE LESBIANS ARE LIFE

FUCK OFF CIS HETRONORMATIVE HUSKY WHITE MALE
>>
>>89308790
pls don't bully
>>
File: 6516938.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6516938.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>89308844
This white male in the image deserves all the suffering for being such a toxic, impulsive, repulsive piece of garbage and DESERVES the shitty storylines he's gotten because the cis gendered white male is a thing of the past.

I would say hang him by his neck, but that's being too generous
>>
>>89308907
Finn doesn't even have a neck dummy
>>
File: Finn hair 6.gif (641KB, 424x240px) Image search: [Google]
Finn hair 6.gif
641KB, 424x240px
>>89308926
I see what you're doing, you can't protect this fatty cis for long.

BY
THE
NECK
>>
>>89308973
oh shit my ruse has been seen through
>>
>>89307908
>filename
>>
File: tumblr_la3me82xDg1qzqvrk.png (21KB, 204x213px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_la3me82xDg1qzqvrk.png
21KB, 204x213px
>>89307248
That's actually kimda cute
I do hope she breaks that abstinence vow
I just want Finn to be happy goddammit
>>
>>89309103
He's gonna watch PB and Marcy scissor while wanking in the corner. Bubblegum will be annoyed by his very presence while Marcelina shrugs him off every time he gets near

Accept this as your ending
>>
>>89295687
Man I loved this show so much. Makes me sad honestly how much the quality dropped. I stopped watching around the time cinnamon bun cucked Finn because the writing was just getting dumb. Anything interesting happened since then?
>>
>>89309103
Finn is happy BECAUSE he chose abstinence.
>>
>>89309232
Finn is still a horny teenager. He's not fooling anyone
>>
>>89306800
There was a major hair length discrepancy between this episode and Stakes.
>>
File: 1480668832759.jpg (91KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480668832759.jpg
91KB, 1920x1080px
So, when did you guys stop watching AT? I stopped during Season 5, and from what I've heard about the show, going back sounds like too much work.
>>
>>89309250
You'd be surprised how well hobbies work.

And when that fails there is always a jar of bacon grease in the tree.
>>
>>89309273
I still keep up with it. The shit it's done has never been both bad enough and consistent enough to put me off completely. Breezy was fucking close though.
>>
File: 1377218976044.jpg (17KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1377218976044.jpg
17KB, 255x200px
>>89309232
If he is then better show me some fucking adventures this time and stop focusing on stupid ships
>>
File: 1477595185877.jpg (12KB, 314x208px) Image search: [Google]
1477595185877.jpg
12KB, 314x208px
>>89309273
I stopped at the end of 4 or 5. Eventually during Season 6 I started up again. This last week I finished Season 6 and Season 7. I am not anticipating Season 8.
>>
>>89309291
>there is always a jar of bacon grease in the tree
What?
>>
>>89309337
Islands is gonna be cool enough probably
>>
>>89309273
I stopped watching it faithfully around season 5. Only watch episodes I deem worth my time now when they come out. While I still watch it, I don't really consider myself as big of a fan as I used to way back then.
>>
File: purple.png (501KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
purple.png
501KB, 1920x1080px
>>89309328
Yeah, that's why I am of the opinion that Finn abstaining from ships is the best decision the AT crew has made in a long while.

Watching Finn suffer due to ships is all well and good for an episode or two, but it was getting to the point of cutting into the actual adventure time.
>>
>>89309337
>>89309387
FUCK!

I meant to say "I am NOW anticipating Season 8".

FUCK!

One fucking letter and the sentence means the exact opposite of what I mean.
>>
>>89309423
it's ok anon we know how you feel
>>
>>89309396
Now we get him talking in a lower, almost bored out of his mind kind of tone for the rest of the series.
>>
>>89297145
>He doesn't even live in her Kingdom.

So when she came to collect taxes from Finn and Jake, she was just stealing?

in b4 all taxation is theft
>>
This show is a mess and while I like the drama its introduced, I feel like it needs to have some happy Finn centric episodes for awhile.
>>
>>89309328

I kind of want them to stop the ships, once they get Finn with a good one. Just fucking make him happy, then lets have some silly adventures.
>>
>>89309601
I don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>89310053
then you should watch the show
>>
>>89310141
I obviously do, anon. I still don't know what you are talking about. Stop being a dick.
>>
>>89310672
Then you should pay more attention to how he speaks now compared to the way he did in earlier seasons.
He's more deadpan and monotone now.
>>
Shit thread OP I hope you're proud of yourself
>>
>>89310685
Finn screams all the time. He doesn't just do it because of relationship issues.
>>
>>89310713
Im dancing in front of my computer screen as me speak
>>
>>89310685
>monotone
https://youtu.be/STPEiwEMbPI
No, that's just the result of Finn's voice actor aging, which is completely independent to his personality. Finn doesn't talk lower now because he feels dead inside, it's because his voice actor is 18 now.
>>
>>89307125
That is kinda hot
>>
File: 1481418045076.jpg (14KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1481418045076.jpg
14KB, 300x300px
>>89309423
>mfw I read that you just made a typo
I had thought you just watched a season in a week and not enjoyed it.
>>
>>89309601
The file in the post you just replied to quite clearly shows Finn enthusiastic.
>>
>>89297002
Yes, that's what women usually do.
>>
File: latest.png (898KB, 1280x760px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
898KB, 1280x760px
>>89309691
She owns territory that exceeds far from the castle. When that anon was referring to the Candy Kingdom, he meant that castle we see.
>>
>>89309816
That's like every other episode in season 7
>>
>>89310765
I just checked and he is actually 20; HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEREMY
>>
>>89309691
There's a good chance she was stealing dude. Reminder that she broke into their house, didn't just come by asking for their taxes.

She could have broke in and Finn and Jake just didn't really care enough because they barely care about their stacks of loot to begin with.
>>
>>89303029
No, she orgasms pure nectar.
But when she gets wet, it's honey.
>>
>>89312046
>she just broke into their house
Literally anyone could just walk right in there, those guys have next to no security system.
>>
>>89312711
That's still breaking into their house, just cause other people do it doesn't mean PB didn't do it too.
>>
File: tumblr_o52vts3UJd1r3h6fqo1_540.jpg (67KB, 456x810px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o52vts3UJd1r3h6fqo1_540.jpg
67KB, 456x810px
>>89295687
it was resolved when Finn grew up and realized it was childish infatuation and that PB is over a thousand years old. Unfortunately the rest of the AT audience didn't mature with the show and actually bitches about the fact that Finn is no longer a completely feckless idiot.
>>
File: pbshackclean.jpg (145KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pbshackclean.jpg
145KB, 1600x900px
>>89312935
why the fuck you people who think AT went to shit after the early seasons still watch and talk about it is a mystery that will require decades of rigorous scientific investigation to solve
>>
>>89312935
I find it a bit distrubing how there is a portion of the fanbase that actually condemns finn for being in with PB and praise PB as being strong womyn
>>
>>89312935
the fact that he's still PB's lapdog so many years later entirely proves that he is a completely feckless idiot dude
>>
>>89304756
I agree and I'm a lesbian. I just hate the ship all together. I like both Marcy and PB as characters but its extremely diffucult to find pictures of them by themselves. you have steven "everyone's fucking gay" universe yet they cant establish these two are a couple onscreen?
>>
File: 1478495927976.jpg (68KB, 1024x569px) Image search: [Google]
1478495927976.jpg
68KB, 1024x569px
>>89312935
I don't... remember that ever being established subtly or directly.

If anything, I remember one episode Finn is all over PB's buns and then the next episode he's all over another girl's buns and they never touch the issue again.

Also; it doesn't help that the infatuation was BOTH ways early on and the 1,000 year old shtick never really bothered any other fantasy genre, ever. If anything that's like a popular fetish. Fucking... human-elf/human-immortals shipping
>>
File: 1472701738251.jpg (114KB, 720x818px) Image search: [Google]
1472701738251.jpg
114KB, 720x818px
>>89313034
Ooooooh. Perfect excuse to post this screencap another anon did.
>>
>>89313074
Big thing is that Finn was just a tyke when that was going on, had he already been at the big 18 no one would have cared, which is really silly.

It's a big no-no if PB's 825 years older than him, but if she's just 820 then that's awwwright.
>>
File: tumblr_o1d69nTOtv1qetjw7o1_1280.jpg (186KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1d69nTOtv1qetjw7o1_1280.jpg
186KB, 1024x1024px
>>89313007
I mean, form outside of his perspective, it seems pretty stupid of Finn to have thought that he could romantically engage with a millennium-old dictator god, regardless of whether you think PB is a "strong womyn" or think that it would have been nice if Finn had gotten with her. The point of that arc is to give Finn a modicum of self-awareness: he's a child engaging with someone who has experience of the world probably literally beyond what he can comprehend. People are more than their roles in Finn's hero-narrative that he used to understand himself and the world in the first few seasons, and the dissolution of his relationships with PB and FP are steps in his realization of that fact.
>>
>>89295687
Writers didnt know what they were doing and kept creating drama, hype, and directionless plot progression for the sake of generating interest and listening to fan
>>
File: tower.jpg (202KB, 1224x792px) Image search: [Google]
tower.jpg
202KB, 1224x792px
>>89313114
It's not a matter of pedophilia you fucking idiot, it's the fact that Finn literally didn't comprehend that people he's infatuated with might have interiority he's not psychologically equipped to process or understand that barred the relationship from ever being a serious possibility.
>>
>>89313091
i appreciate the phrasing but that doesn't refute my point. you see Finn hanging out with Slime Princess all the time, ding anything she asks him too, including things not involving heroic actions like stopping a kidnapper or killing a monster attacking the town or something? What about LSP, or Emerald Princess, or any other member of Ooo royalty in existence?

he's always hanging out with PB. Know why? cause his boner draws him to her, and even if he wants to move on it's not letting him. he sure as shit isn't just hanging around doing menial tasks for PB because he's such a good hero and is totally not there just because he thinks the girl's hot as hell, no sirree.
>>
>>89313034
If you think Finn's relationship with PB is the same as it was in the earlier seasons than you're not paying enough attention, sorry. He helps her for completely different reasons now.
>>
>>89313157
For the show it most definitely is the pedophilia thing. Reminder that when they were both young it was all cool, and was only stopped because the show found it easier to write the show with her being 18.

And reminder that at that time they hadn't completely changed PB's character to the extent that such a massive gulf existed. She used to be a pretty regular, if quirky, girl earlier on. This million year old Bubblegum loaded with issues came a decent bit later.
>>
File: EVERYTHING NICE.png (52KB, 205x177px) Image search: [Google]
EVERYTHING NICE.png
52KB, 205x177px
>>89313091
>fifty shades of necrophilia
>>
File: 1462732425732.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1462732425732.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>89313172
I'd argue instead that it's not Finn's boner drawing him to PB, it's that the writers are very lazy with creating enough character depth with other princesses and want to stick to the familiar backdrop of the Candy Kingdom, instead of getting creative and having Finn and Jake go on more adventures in OTHER areas.

That and they're extremely popular characters. You don't just write off extremely popular-to-the-fanbase characters to try out new ones. Logically, anyways
>>
>>89313199
true, earlier on it at least seemed like he had a chance and now he's just hanging around because he can't move on even when it's clear it's pointless. really sad for the guy.
>>
>>89313240
the writer's making it so is the ultimate reason but the in-show reason really does seem like Finn just can't move on.
>>
>>89313219
>Reminder that when they were both young it was all cool, and was only stopped because the show found it easier to write the show with her being 18.

Just because she had a tiny body for a few episodes it doesn't really make her younger. Just seems like the writers trying to keep it from being so overtly /ss/.
>>
File: 1474002861751.jpg (136KB, 500x422px) Image search: [Google]
1474002861751.jpg
136KB, 500x422px
>>89313219
Yeah. They dropped the ball onto the glass-floor on the 10th floor of the pins-n'-needles factory on that one.
>>
File: 4iTRxmB.png (554KB, 1274x720px) Image search: [Google]
4iTRxmB.png
554KB, 1274x720px
>>89303404

Anyone else see a lot of Finn's past life in Huntress Wizard?
>>
>>89313172
>Know why?
her kingdom is closest to his house, and also biggest in all Ooo meaning it encounters more conflicts

when the wax guy took over and PB was exiled, Finn still spent most of his time in the candy kingdom
>>
>>89313283
She seemed to be young mentally too. She was happy to be carefree and hang out with Finn and prank people and not just be the princess the whole time. She was practically a whole new person with some traits of PB left in her.

Which is kind of fucked up because that means like if she had stayed 13 with Finn original Bubblegum would basically have died forever. The aging plot can be really creepy when you scrutinize it closely.
>>
>>89313273
Well he's moved on plenty when the writers feel they can be creative enough to leave the Candy Kingdom.

Fire Kingdom, Library Kingdom, Breakfast Kingdom, the Ocean Democracy place, dealing with issues in caves, rescuing villages like the Spike Village, stopping a bandit terrorizing everyone, saving the entire known-world from a lich multiple times, helping Simon, dealing with Magic Man, etc etc etc. Lately we see he's just now moving away from Flame Princess too. So... yeah. He's already stopped giving a (romantic) shit about PB and is now not giving one about FP. We also see him get with Huntress Wizard and then NOT get with her in the same episode. The writers probably thought that was the final nail in the coffin and that Finn will never romance ever
>>
File: 1476902088268.jpg (16KB, 255x247px) Image search: [Google]
1476902088268.jpg
16KB, 255x247px
>>89313311
That's not Huntress Wizard
>>
>>89313335
the thing I keep mentioning is that he's always there even when no conflicts are happening. helping PB out with some science bullshit isn't something he's obligated to do as a hero.
and you know if the CK was in some ass backwards part of Ooo Finn would be trecking there always anyway.

>when the wax guy took over and PB was exiled, Finn still spent most of his time in the candy kingdom
this is true but personally I just didn't think that made much sense. the show never made it seem that Finn and Jake are official knights of the CK instead of just dudes who help out, so they had no obligation to still be there, especially if PB was gone. DOUBLE especially when all KoO was having them to was look for money and find him a giant mushroom.

I guess old habits just die hard for those two.
>>
>>89313391
no shit, that's because that's Finn's past lifeform
>>
>>89308973
How does Finn's hair so long?
>>
>>89313463
very carefully
>>
>>89313342

Are you sure it really changed her though? I was kind of always under the impression that it just gave her an excuse to act that way when normally she wanted to but felt like she couldn't.
>>
>>89313563
Hmm. I guess that could be what happened, but then wouldn't that mean that she would still like Finn even in adult form? I always thought it worked out where young PB liked Finn specifically because she was so different from regular Bubblegum.

So going by your theory she should still like Finn even at 18 right?
>>
>>89313602
>So going by your theory she should still like Finn even at 18 right?

You're right she probably should. I kind of always just assumed it was a lazy hand wave to keep it from being weird that an 18/19 year old wanted to bang this kid.
>>
>>89313652
I like my theory because it helps explain away that possibility in a pretty alright way and it's sort of terrifying if you examine it closely.

Young PB was born, lived a short while having fun with a boy she liked, then was horribly killed because she loved her people too much. Truly the princess the Candy Kingdom deserved.
>>
>>89313709

I'm not exactly sure that holds up though since she seems to have all of PBs memories. Your memories and your experiences are what makes you who you are, and that she chose to give up her happiness for responsibility to her people. That shows a level of maturity that can only really come from adult life experience.
>>
>>89313809
I feel like this is now getting into some SOMA level shit where I'm not qualified to keep talking but I can see it as young PB had those memories and thought they were hers but she was still a new person created when Bubblegum's pieces were all put back together.
So it's less a full continuation from Old->Young->Old again and more of a only select pieces remained but Young and Old are still different beings, or some shit like that. I'm really just talking out of my asshole here though, you dig.
>>
File: vampire problems.png (1MB, 915x871px) Image search: [Google]
vampire problems.png
1MB, 915x871px
Did anyone else expect Finn to have a better relationship with Marceline, or was it just me?
>>
>>89313962
I expected him to have any relationship with Marceline past season 4 but the show kind of gave me the biggest middle finger they possibly could on that front.
>>
>>89313900

Yeah I mean I understand what you're saying I just don't really think there's enough justification for me to look at those few episodes like that. It's a nice idea though.

Anyway nice chatting. It's great to have a back and forth that didn't devolve into name calling and threats of violence.
>>
>>89313998
No problem nigger.
>>
File: tumblr_ny7wye9C1l1s0uaypo1_1280.jpg (196KB, 1002x797px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ny7wye9C1l1s0uaypo1_1280.jpg
196KB, 1002x797px
>>89295687
I bet the majority of the people who watch AT and SU itt and are mad about their sunken Finnships are the same people who bitch about Zuke's shipping. And that's funny.
>>
>>89314015

Kys etc.
>>
File: Adventure_Time-Bonnie_Marceline.jpg (333KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Time-Bonnie_Marceline.jpg
333KB, 500x700px
I really liked how they handeled Marceline's origin. It's almost as if they had planned it from the very beginning, her being a soul sucking demon hybrid that was only infected with vampirism when she was a teenager.
>>
>>89314026
Don't fabricate problems where there are none, nigga.
>>
>>89314139
it's not a problem, it's hilarious.
>>
>>89314026
Zuke's shipping was pretty bad in the way it flanderized Peridot and Lapis though, you know dude
>>
>>89314210
if by "flanderized" you mean "gave them emotional range beyond their purposefully narrowed introductory personalities" then it's definitely good, actually.
>>
>>89314247
Damn, had no idea types like you actually existed outside of Tumblr.
Well agree to disagree because arguing about SU is boring at this point.
>>
>>89314026
Who is zuke
>>
>>89314291
I'll agree to think you're an idiot who is incapable of having an opinion that isn't thoughtlessly parroted from /co/ but OK.
>>
>>89314321
some hoe
>>
>>89313997
Not everyone agrees that a thousand year old woman should date a teenager, the ones that didn't just so happened to be the writers. Don't act like you were wronged when the writers' actions are perfectly justified.
>>
>>89314457
A relationship does not mean a 'romantic' relationship, had I meant that I would have said it.
>>
>>89313254
He has moven on, when's the last time he tried to make a move on her?
>>
>>89314457

Based on some of the art she did Sugar seems to have wanted it to happen.
>>
>>89313068
This only works with Marceline, episodes such as Bun Bun, Elemental, and Don't Look, and Bonnie and Neddie feature Princess Bubblegum as a main character without Marceline even in it. Marceline is seen in The Music Hole by herself, and is only seen together with PB for less than a second while PB rides on her shoulders firing a canon. It only seems that the two are inseperable because of Stakes.
>>
>>89314620
Eh, like one sketch doesn't really prove anything.

Besides Flame Princess Sugar never seemed hardcore into any shipping really. Sure she made Bubbline but only made one episode with that.
>>
>>89313034
>PB's lap dog
In what way? He was ready to disobey PB's orders in The Thin Yellow Line.
>>
Why doesn't Finn just get together with Ice King
>>
File: fuck.jpg (3KB, 125x118px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
3KB, 125x118px
>>89295687
SHE'S GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

FUCKING GAY. SHE EATS PUSSY. SHE EATS PUSSYAND CANDY AND NOTHING ELSE.

Preventing hundreds of deaths is something Finn decided to do as a hero. Her interest in him isn't a reward for a job well done. The interest is. Not. THERE.

CAN YOU HEAR ME, ANON?

CANDY AND PUSSY
>>
>>89312778
My point was it's a silly thing to say. If they are on her territory and she wants to levy taxes there is hardly anything wrong with that. It's not like she uses the money for herself, how many homeless Candy People can you find? There are troubled people sure, but no one lives in poverty.
>>
>>89314747

She's bi. Remember old Mr. Creampuff?
>>
Very disappointed by the lack of Bubblegum art ITT.
>>
File: Adventure_Time-BP-Marceline-04.png (56KB, 386x462px) Image search: [Google]
Adventure_Time-BP-Marceline-04.png
56KB, 386x462px
>>89314780
Bubbeline isn't even canon, dude.

Admittedly they are playing with shippers heads, but that's it. It's not like they are sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.
>>
>>89313962
Well considering she freaked out and almost killed him because he said he wanted to go on a date with her to the movies idk how you got that impression
>>
File: tumblr_mc27z4W8sP1qc0rgzo1_500.png (109KB, 350x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc27z4W8sP1qc0rgzo1_500.png
109KB, 350x667px
>>89314814
PB a shit, Marcy pre-gayness is best girl
>>
File: marcelick.jpg (7KB, 185x185px) Image search: [Google]
marcelick.jpg
7KB, 185x185px
>>89314780
As we sit here typing, all the pink is being drained from her labia.
>>
>>89314866
Marceline/Finn /ss/ is good but I still prefer Finn/PB
>>
>>89314493
Their relationship didn't get worse, it just didn't improve. They still hang out evident by Simon & Marcy and Dark Purple, it's just offscreen. The writers probably see little worth in Finnceline episodes, and I don't care. Finnceline was sunk in season 2 and never received any more shipping fuel. No one knows why Finn and Marceline don't go out and have a good time, if anything worthwhile were to come up they would've done it by now.
>>
>>89303404
>>89303820

Russia has a based law against "Gay Propaganda"

In this case, it would most certainly be seen as gay propaganda because you're inserting blatant positive-only lesbian characters in a kids show.
>>
File: bub.gif (603KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
bub.gif
603KB, 500x244px
>>89314846

It's probably as canon as they're allowed to make it. Friends don't use saliva to clean each other.
>>
>>89301148
What if it was someone I liked but they denied me so I just moved on and ended up banging her friend instead?

I don't really get how it's hard for people. My sexual and romantic interest in someone just go away if they've seriously rejected me. I mean I don't jump up to immediately do them favors but we still hang.

Now the weird shit is people who can stay friends after breaking up fuck that
>>
>>89314620
That art she drew was after boarding her first episode, as a celebration. It's just sketches that mean very little, this is also the woman that draws Ed Edd n' Eddy yaoi.
>>
>>89314846
Can you fags keep in mind that episodes airing right now were being made last year? Bubbline is not canon, yet
>>
Finn is like 16/17 now, he and PB should fugg. PB wasted many years of /ss/ however, the silly bitch

They got hitched in the future in the comics
>>
>>89314953
The relationship just stopped existing, they have like 3 short conversations a season from season 4 onward.

If the writers really don't know what to do with them then damn they lack imagination. Did it just fine in the previous seasons with the same set of people.
>>
File: Harley Pussy Cat.jpg (1MB, 5000x3750px) Image search: [Google]
Harley Pussy Cat.jpg
1MB, 5000x3750px
>>89314747
SHE'S BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!

FUCKING BI. SHE EATS PUSSY AND TAKES COCK IN ALL HOLES. SHE EATS PUSSY AND COCK AND NOTHING ELSE.

Preventing hundreds of deaths is something Finn decided to do after PB BEGGED him. Her interest in him should be a reward for a job well done, throw the guy a FUCKING BONE. The interest should. Be. THERE.

CAN YOU HEAR ME, ANON?

COCK AND PUSSY

If you aren't interested in someone and they save your fucking life or your entire fucking world a couple minutes of fucking is the least you can do!
>>
File: 1431754575471.jpg (209KB, 700x711px) Image search: [Google]
1431754575471.jpg
209KB, 700x711px
>>89315047
>calls one anon fags, plural
>says bubbeline isn't canon
>linked post is arguing that bubbeline isn't canon as well
Go home, anon. You're drunk.
>>
>>89314958
Good thing CN Russia doesn't have to air the episode. Fucking Australia has a decent amount of banned episodes. http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Censorship_of_Adventure_Time
Just because one country laws against something doesn't mean a product from a different country of origin can't produce it. Technically PB is asexual; she literally was born through sporing. So it's technically not a female and female relationship.
>>
>>89295687
101 cucking for kids
>>
File: 1484962764629.jpg (44KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1484962764629.jpg
44KB, 500x500px
>>89314975
>Simon: So, you gotta boyfriend yet?
>Marcy: What?! Um...no...there was this one guy
>PB looks back and smiles as Marcy becomes flustered
>>
>>89315114
PB's too classy to live the hooker life.
>>
File: 1484599568028.gif (2MB, 500x258px) Image search: [Google]
1484599568028.gif
2MB, 500x258px
>>89315166
>he doesn't know what cuck means
gb2reddit
>>
Maybe it's been too long since I watched earlier seasons, but S7 PB seems to dress a lot more mature.
>>
>>89307645
Fucking your adoptive brothers grand daughter is wrong, guy
>>
>>89315329
Recent designs have gotten more creative
>>
>>89315361
not blood related, 'scool
>>
File: 1459794776268.jpg (129KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
1459794776268.jpg
129KB, 1280x768px
>>89307030
>>89307248
>when a girl is THAT thirsty
>>
Remember when PB almost shacked up with a dude shaped like a heart over finn?
>>
>>89309691
She was straight up stealing. Finn and Jake belong to the Grasslands, not the Candy Kingdom
>>89309816
Needs about half a dozen Finn episodes where he overcomes powerful foes, saves tons of hot women, and has fun with Jake
>>
>>89315422
That episode is probably the biggest example of AT's writing discrepancy.

I don't think there's any way to explain that away in a way that makes sense with PB's current character.
>>
>>89300324
now this is autism
>>
>>89315361
>that's wrong tho
Yes, that was the focus of my post. Fucking a female humanoid version of your adoptive brother who also happens to be your adoptive brother's granddaughter is wrong. And that's why it is hot.
>>
>>89315441
You do realize the Grass Lands has territory controlled by the Candy Kingdom? The grass lands is just a name given to the large span of rolling plains in Ooo. Finn has fought plenty of evil.
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_7:_2015-2016
How about you actually watch the recent season, instead of talking shit about it?
>>
File: 1484809335649.jpg (12KB, 320x278px) Image search: [Google]
1484809335649.jpg
12KB, 320x278px
>>89315483
>discrepancy
>7th episode produced
gr8 b8
>>
>>89315538
What if I do this:
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_7:_2015-2016
>>
>>89315569
I mean from them to now dummy.
C'mon son.
>>
File: 1484511202752.jpg (26KB, 308x308px) Image search: [Google]
1484511202752.jpg
26KB, 308x308px
>>89315614
>>
File: 1397998865394s.jpg (5KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1397998865394s.jpg
5KB, 209x250px
>>89315637
>>
>>89307030
Are Finn and the bear friends now?
>>
>>89315401
Friendly reminder that ALL magic users have some form of mental illness.

Do NOT stick your dick in crazy

>>89315538
>the state is perfectly within its rights to unlawfully enter into private property and arbitrarily "collect" taxes without any legal reason or precedent

Hillary voter detected
>>
>>89315673
That's a different bear. I always thought the bear that helped the Lich died when the Lich no longer had any use for it.
>>
>>89315422
No, she was intrigued by scientific discussion. She was disappointed in Finn because of a misunderstanding. Finn was also 12 at that time.
>shacked
Is this some slang not used in the States?
>>
>>89315681
>US laws apply to a universe 1000 years in the future where a 12 year old boy and dog own a deed to private property
Well you certainly think like a Drumpfag.
>>
>>89314210
Does Zuke still work on SU? I thought I remember reading she quit or got fired or some shit.
>>
>>89315802
>SU discussion on an AT thread
At least this is a shit thread
>>
>>89315725
>Is this some slang not used in the States?

Shacking up/Shacked up is in fact used in the US.
>>
>>89315920
And yet I've never heard anyone use it.
>>
>>89315958
It's an old idiom, sir, but it checks out.
>>
>>89315958
>http://www.dictionary.com/browse/shack--up

Not him, but does the idea of not knowing a word, idiom, or phrase make you feel insecure? It's a real thing
>>
>>89315958
it helps to leave your basement once in awhile
>>
>>89315958

Maybe it's not used where you live (or maybe you've heard it and just forgot). According to OED it originated in north america. I've lived in the US all my life and used to hear it a lot more maybe 10 years ago.
>>
>>89316122
Not knowing words of colloquial usage doesn't bother me.
>>
>>89316160
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>89314953
Fuck Finnceline, and fuck the writers of this show. I just wanted to see them interact more period, all the Finn and Marceline centered episodes are great. Their friendship as last human and a half-human had some great potential, but no, now when Marceline is on screen 90% of the time it's her with PB
>>
>>89316300
this nigga's on point

i don't even hate Bubbline (i'm apathetic but understand why people like it) but seriously fuck it and the Simon bullshit for entirely cannibalizing Marceline's character.
>>
File: Issue 54-B cover.jpg (199KB, 675x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Issue 54-B cover.jpg
199KB, 675x1038px
>>89316300
Marceline revealed to be half-human in s4, well after those episodes ended. Their friendship had potential, and it wasn't worthwile.
>now it's 90% her with PB
And that's the way the world should be
>>
>>89316667
Season 4 was when those episodes were still going on, Daddy's Little Monster was the last one where they had genuine interaction.
>>
File: varmints by natasha.gif (707KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
varmints by natasha.gif
707KB, 1280x719px
Give me your tears /co/
>>
>>89316723
They quite clearly hung out in Dark Purple and Simon & Marcy, it just wasn't the focus of the episode. They still hung out in Red Starved.
>>
>>89316799
Oh yeah those episodes where they had like ten words of conversation, or what about the one where Finn was off on a sidequest the entire episode, those totally counted. Nah dawg. They still hang out but since it's entirely off screen it doesn't matter.

Stakes is the closest we've got ever since DLM.
>>
>>89316747
Who is Natasha/
>>
Canyon
>>
>>89313068
Personally I'm just so sour toward it because of the treatment of Finn that's mostly definitely related to the writers pushing that ship. There are too many cringy scenes of both of them shrugging him off and disrespecting him. It's just irritating to watch.
>>
File: 1484528760997.jpg (44KB, 323x311px) Image search: [Google]
1484528760997.jpg
44KB, 323x311px
>>89316877
>they don't count because I say so
>>
>>89317660
>look dude they said two words to each other totally an episode full of genuine interaction bro lmao
>>
>>89317635
Such as?
>>
>>89317700
They do, it implies they still hang out, we don't need an entire episode of them hanging out to verify that they still have a relationship. Nice strawman fallacy
>>
>>89317743
If it's off screen then who gives a shit. If the creators of the show don't care enough to put it in an episode then the audience shouldn't care either.

Handling the characters like this ensures that the relationship will never change in any way, and it's not like any enjoyment can be gained from their 8-second long interactions a few times a season.
>>
>>89317805
Irrelevant; opinion
>>
>>89317851
I never said otherwise fagtron.
>>
File: push.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
push.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>89317707
Look, we have to deal with the rabid Bubbline shippers everywhere else. I'd rather not do it here where there's finally an escape.
>>
>>89317863
Point still stands, and I'm letting you know your post doesn't contradict anything
>>
>>89317873
>one example
That all? Those few seconds trigger you that much? That was in 2015.
>>
>>89317700
You are being painfully obtuse right now just because you refuse to admit you are wrong.
Just take the L, and walk away man.
>>
>>89300300
I don't think they'll do that, at least in the whole pair him off with someone not seen before aspect, there's plenty of minor girls in the show they could do a last minute pairing of Finn with(unlike Regular show which only really had Margaret and CJ in terms of single girls for Mordecai to interact with)
>>
>>89317957
And all of the examples people posted here of PB treating Finn like she doesn't even like him when she never acted like that before. What a coincidence that this perfectly coincided with Bubbline crawling out of nowhere after it got popular in fandom.

I'm not triggered, I'm just tired of the rabid shippers and tired of seeing it influence the show.
>>
>>89317805
>if the creators don't care enough to put it in an episode
But they have, they just didn't put what (You) wanted.

>handling their relationship like this ensures it won't improve
So what? Have you forgotten who Marcy with right now?
>>
>>89317987
those episodes really didn't involve Finn and Marcy hanging out though, mostly because they were together on screen for like 30 seconds at most in all of them. that's just not enough time for anything meaningful to happen, I think.
>>
>>89317707
Remember that scene where Marceline got poisoned and PB would not leave her side at all?

But several occasions through Stakes when Finn is injured she's not really concerned. Its pretty aggravating to watch.
>>
File: 1473690366652.gif (2MB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1473690366652.gif
2MB, 499x499px
ok imagine being some 60year old granny

and this horny 12 year keeps touching you and saying hes in love with you

you are literally over young guys
you have a kingdom to run
he literally never leaves you alone

what else could PB do?
she cant tell him to fuck off hes always coming back

so she is literally super nice about it and just treats him as a friend because she knows he will never leave her alone

also she is super smart and finn is literally lol2dumb rawr

PB just wanted Finn to find a qt girl but overtime she became kind of like a big sister to him

why cant you autists see that?
>>
>>89318109
I'll never understand why the writers felt the need to tear down their relationships with other characters to build them up. To the point where the fucking main character has become a joke and pathetic. It just feels entirely unnecessary; they could have built up that relationship without doing all that.
>>
>>89318126
>she cant tell him to fuck off hes always coming back
PB literally never did this one time, the closest she came was she said Finn was weird and that was it.

Had she put her foot down they both probably would have been far happier but she strung him along so she could get that sweet hero labor from him.
>>
>>89318066
>PB doesn't care about Finn
>The Music Hole
>sets up an entire concert to hopefully cheer up Finn
>is genuinely concerned of his mental state
>Don't Look
>reminds Finn that he is a brave hero
>gets mad at Ice King for not helping
>Two Swords
>builds him a new enhanced prosthetic
>>
>>89297340
Here's how it works.

The writers changed, and priorities changed.

Also LOL Bubbiline being organic it was literally "no they're not getting together olivia that's crazy." to "oh i guess we're having them fuck."
>>
>>89318126
After you were being super nice and buddy buddy with him before, even when it was obvious that he liked you. Except now you'll treat him like you don't give a crap about him despite acting like you cared before. Once upon a time all of them were presented as a "friend group". Now it's Marceline and Bubblegum together and wanting everyone else to go away.
>>
>>89318109
>several occasions when Finn is injured she doesn't care
Such as? When the Hierophant took Finn she didn't exactly let him.
>>
>Bubbline shippers invading /co/ too

It's inescapable. The lesbians are forever
>>
>>89318150
>MC is pathetic
>he doesn't know what comic relief is
>tearing down a relationship
Just because one relationship is gaining more attention doesn't mean another is destroyed. She still does acts of kindness for him see here >>89318170
>>
>>89318170
Different guy and not really disagreeing but that part in Don't Look was a backhanded compliment. She said he was a selfless hero while also calling him a bit of an idiot.
>>
File: tumblr_oho9yjXQfH1sd1xkuo1_1280.png (145KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oho9yjXQfH1sd1xkuo1_1280.png
145KB, 600x800px
>>89317396
Why do they call her Canyon?
>>
>>89318198
>writers changed
Muto's been there since day 1

>priorities changed
Show is a general sense is still about Finn and Jake in Ooo

>2 episodes centered on bubbline
>hurr lesbian time
Piss off
>>
>>89318283
You absolutely cannot say to me that Bubblegum treats Finn as friendly as she used to. You can't say to me that she hasn't gotten significantly colder to him in a way he doesn't really deserve.

But honestly I don't care that much about Bubblegum or Marceline. I'm just annoyed and kind of in awe of how much the writers want to beat down the supposed main character of this show. Bubblegum's relationship with him now is just a symptom of a weird trend.
>>
>>89318292
Finn himself admits he is all about stupid, and has demonstrated his incompetence and naivety multiple times throughout the show. She said he may not be the most cunning, and that's it. You guys are the one misinterpreting that as her calling him a retard. What she says is true.
>>
File: Wrong..png (40KB, 205x83px) Image search: [Google]
Wrong..png
40KB, 205x83px
>>89318126
When the 60year old granny looks 18 kisses and teases the horny 12 year old, then she really can't complain if he falls in love with her and comes off like a huge cunt when she starts getting annoyed by the problem she helped create.
>>
>>89318324
>What is The Tower?
>What is The Pajama War?
>What is Don't Look?
>What is The Music Hole?
>>
>>89318223
Except she did. PB just seemed kind of annoyed with Finn's company through the whole special.
>>
>>89318324
>I can't say what is true because you say so
No, I can't say these things the moment you have proven that you are right, and to be frank, it's not looking so great for you.

>beat down Finn
What makes you say that?
>symptom of weird trend
How so?
>>
>>89318381
It's still rude jackass, especially when what they were doing was specifically saying positive things to Finn in order to build his confidence and save him from the eyes. It's a terrible time to bring something like that up.
>>
>>89318414
All of those mean fuck all when they just come out with a following episode where she acts like a total cunt. The writers just can't seem to agree on how their relationship should work.
>>
>>89318418
How so? You have failed to adress the content in the post you have just replied to
>>
>>89296779
The chores thing I get, but do you put your head on your male friends' laps?
>>
>>89318324
Silly anon, men are supposed to shut up, solve problems, and find a woman to wait on hand and foot, but always remember, they're owed nothing in return, that would be patriarchy.

Between Adventure Time and Gravity Falls I'm seriously considering vetting every single cartoon my kids watch in the future. I can see this kind of relationship being treated as a positive thing and played for laughs as seriously damaging.
>>
>>89318461
But it worked, so evidently Finn didn't take it as an insult, and neither did PB intend for it to be one.
>>
>>89318438
>They didn't make Finn absolutely pathetic

Stop. Fire Princess arc alone fucks your argument. And that was just the start.

And now Bubblegum doesn't even want him touching her, treats Finn like an annoyance, seems like she'd rather him just go away in most episodes they're together.
>>
>>89318511
PB's comment itself didn't work. In fact, haven't seen the episode in a while, but I think her comment was actively damaging. What everyone else was saying made Finn change into something different (Shelby saying Finn is a lifesaver made Finn change into a lifesaver) while the thing PB said made Finn turn back into the Martinmonster, so it was a regression.

I don't see why you don't want to admit that PB was a bit of a jerk there.
>>
>>89318488
>Autism
>>
>>89318466
>acts like a total cunt
After seeing /co/'s argument for her being a cunt, I will dismiss it everytime. Stop pretending PB's actions are uncalled for.
>special pleading
OP this thread is shit look at the cancer you've brought here. If you want to claim those episodes mean nothing, you have to argue why her actions do not support the notion that she cares for Finn.
>>
File: peppermint-butler-stakes-moon[1].png (866KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
peppermint-butler-stakes-moon[1].png
866KB, 1366x768px
>>89318469
I honestly can't be bothered to go back and list all of the examples, but one in particular that stood out and came off just bit wrong was the part where she slapped his hand off her shoulder and the scene where they were hiding inside of Jake, and she refused to give him a high five. Did you watch Stakes at all? You seem to not know anything about the discussion but are demanding an explanation for accusations against PB biased behavior quite reactively.
>>
>Finn will never grow into himself and just tell PB to fuck off.

For some reason Bubblinefags think everyone is just jealous that Finn didn't win over Bubblegum. I just wish he'd cut her out of his life other than helping when she needs it desperately, which she never seems to.
>>
>>89318573
>implying
No, it was Ice King and Ice King's only that caused a regression. You've remembered incorrectly, rewatch the episode. I literally watched that episode last night.

>you don't see why
Because I literally just explained to you Finn didn't take it as an insult, and neither did PB intend for it to be one.
>>
>>89318585
Care to explay exactly why she's not cunty and how you can dismiss everything said about her actions when you are pretty much the only one saying otherwise...? I don't care if you want to play devil's advocate but atleast give a good reason why
>inb4 because I say so
>>
>>89318615
>two examples
>where the protagonist is meant to be comic relief
Do you still not understand why I don't agree with you, you faggots blow one thing out of proportion ignoring all the good she has done for him.
>b-but she didn't give him a high five
You faggots will find anything to be triggered over
>>
>>89318643
You know, just watched a clip, and you're right that was Ice King. My bad.

That was still an insult to him though, albeit a small one.
>>
>>89318622
Finn genuinely cares about helping people, and when PB asks for help they are things not even a personal problem of hers. It's helping the kingdom
>>
>>89318710
You asked for it examples, and now you are complaining about the answers? Do you even know what you are arguing about or are just upset people have criticism against this particular character
>>
>>89318622
I don't think it should go that far but it at least would be nice for Finn to grow a bit of a spine and reach her level, cause I always sort of get the impression that Bubblegum considers him to be beneath her. I guess that's understandable since Finn is 100's of years younger and not a ruler or genius and all that but I think his hero feats should be enough to earn him some level of respect.
>>
>>89318680
So far, there are no solid examples showing that PB doesn't care for Finn. At least the people arguing otherwise are backing up their claims with actual evidence.
>>
When are we gonna start psychoanalyzing Finn, those are always the most fun AT threads
>>
>>89318725
>it was an insult
>He may not be the cunning,
This is something Finn is already aware of, and the connotations in this do NOT mean the same thing as "Finn you are not cunning." Yet you guys will treat it as such.
>but he is the bravest hero in Ooo
This is something that will boost his ego, and the rhetoric with this combined has more effect than simplying telling Finn that "You are the bravest hero in Ooo," because it takes insecurities one might have, and reminds them it does not affect how great they are
>>
>>89318796
Actually there are quite a few, but they contradict each other since her attitude towards Finn changes depending on who's writing her.

Need I remind you of the time she was willing to suffocate Finn along with FP to make sure she would not survive? Or did you forget that while masturbating to your pink goddess
>>
>>89318840
Was still not fitting for the situation imo, that's one of the times that Finn just needed all the praise he could get and I don't think he would be appreciative of the honesty.
>>
>>89318752
I received two examples that need to be exaggerated to make your points work. PB not giving Finn a high five sure shows she hates his guts whoa fantastic indisputable argument how will I ever recover?
>>
>>89318840
I recognize this typing style.
Ffs you really need to put on a trip already.
>>
>>89318885
How so? Why is what is what I say inaccurate?
>>
>>89318752
What he is saying is that you are using literally 2 second scenes where PB is kinda cold to Finn, and blowing them out of proportion to mean she doesn't care about him at all, which is frankly ridiculous.
>>
>>89318924
Not inaccurate, I just disagree with your reasoning man.
>>
>>89318888
Again, being passive aggressive does not invalidate any of the examples I provided. You're autistic reaction though is making me believe you are just shitposting at this point.
>>
>>89318963
>not an argument.
>>
>>89318884
>middle ground fallacy
No, the world was about to be destroyed, and if you think one life outweighs an entire planet you should go kill yourself. Regardless, asphyxiation only results in death after MINUTES of being deprived, Finn still could have survived in the couple of seconds for FP to go out.
>>
>>89318933
I could give him better examples but I don't really feel arsed enough to just so he can plug his ears go "that doesn't count". It's know by pretty much everyone that PB treats Finn kinda shit, and only a few dedicated autists claim otherwise and cherry pick instances where she not as if it just complete neutralizes everything.
>>
>>89318938
Why?>>8931896
>>
>>89319023
>>89319023
>No, the world was about to be destroyed
She was wrong. Princess Bubblegum considered Finn to be expendable and did not think twice about sacrificing him in order make sure FP died.
You are fake news.
>>
>>89319055
I explained here dude >>89318885, situation didn't call for that. In the grand scheme of things it's not that big of a deal though.
>>
Ironic considering the notion that PB hates Finn is supported entirely by cherrypicking
>>
>>89319089
>an entire season of interaction between two characters is cherry picking
uh huh
>>
>>89319024
The truth is a bit of both honestly. PB does genuinely care about Finn, but there are definitely moments where she is kind of a dick to him.
>>
>>89319080
Other guy but what, since when was PB wrong about that. FP would have nuked the world had her oxygen not run out.
Thinking back that's such a weird plot point that's been like totally forgotten.
>>
>>89318963
You're failing to understand it's a joke, and worst of all they took off Finn's hand POLITELY. They didn't cringe, look at him with disgust, and chastise him for touchir her. But by how you guys are describing those scenes it might as well be in your minds.
>>
>>89319132
We were shown literally seconds after her supposed meltdown that she did not nuke the planet.
>>
>>89319108
>two incrementally minor poinys during the mini-series undeniably prove PB hates Finn, while ignoring all the good she has done for him.

See here and prove these wrong >>89318170
>>
>>89319174
Because PB stopped it. If she reached the planet's core that's when everything would have exploded.
It wasn't an instant thing, Bubblegum stopped the process before it could be finished.
>>
>>89319080
>circular logic
I have just explained to you it takes minutes of ashpyxiation to kill someone, not seconds. It was Jake's fault that happened to begin with, because he ignored PB explaining why they literally can't have a romantic relationship. Are you arguing that FP wouldn't have burned the Earth out from the inside?
>>
>>89318762
Even if he doesn't tell her to fuck off, I want him to demand an apology from her and tell her under no uncertain terms that he won't accept her condescending anymore. It'd be nice if he completely got over romantic feelings for her too.
>>
>>89319196
>splitting hairs
Spend your time on coming up with a Tripcode to block you instead of shitposting
>>
>>89319265
And you are applying real time to that scene as if that proves something, why?
Are you going to explain how Jake can somehow create matter from nothing when he stretches himself next
>>
File: latest-1.png (307KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
latest-1.png
307KB, 640x360px
>>89319269
But he has, PB kisses him in Hot Diggity Doom and he has no visible reaction, not blush, nothing. Finn sees her as a bro, get over it
>>
>>89319269
> I want him to demand an apology from her and tell her under no uncertain terms that he won't accept her condescending anymore.
I won't happen anon save your breath

>>89319144
It was a shitty joke and you KNOW given his development with failed relationships it isn't going to be taken like a joke with a lot of fans. Dumb move by the writers.
>>
>>89319283
Not an argument

>>89319354
>implying it was literally minutes of that
It was real time retard, watch the episode yourself. They made it to FP's old house the moment the kissed, so yes, it was real time.
>>
>>89319367
>a lot of fans
/co/ and /co/ only bitches about this shit from 2015
>>
File: tumblr_o42hpmSW0U1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg (855KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o42hpmSW0U1rcs9gvo1_1280.jpg
855KB, 1200x1200px
Why can't he just shack up with Huntress Wizard so they could be magnificent beasts together?
>>
>>89319283
Those claims ARE falsifiable; I'm not using the Christcuck defense
>>
>>89319269
Finn is well and truly over PB, and has been the case for the past 1-2 seasons.
>>
>>89319404
Yeah I fucking knew you were that same autist.

Im ignoring you now because now that I know who you are, its pointless discussing this any further. You spazz out on any one that criticizes PB or this show and will deny any evidence to an argument for hours on end. Shit's not healthy man, go outside.
>>
>>89319463
muh morals
She'll come around for the dick eventually
>>
File: bestgirl.png (417KB, 650x921px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.png
417KB, 650x921px
so when will finn finally get with best girl
>>
>>89319436
And here you are bitching on your CTR crusade about how people didn't like a joke that's subjective (i know you like that word a lot) with a double negative impact on his character no matter how you look at it.

>>89319463
Becauseeee he's gotta try and get under PB skirt.
>>
>>89319478
>deny
You're the only ones performing slothful deduction here lad. I'm arguing PB cares about Finn
>>
>>89319525
Oh shiiit this guy's here too, now we just need the avatarfag and the whole AT family will be back together
>>
File: 1450119018379.jpg (52KB, 573x605px) Image search: [Google]
1450119018379.jpg
52KB, 573x605px
>>89319525
Wools! Quite a slip up there, friend.
>>
>>89319533
I don't care if you liked the jokes or not but you guys need to bear in mind that they are meant to be jokes
>>
>>89295687
pb is a tease that likes t keep beta orbiters
finn is her new adittion, there is also marceline and the banana guards who she uses as spies to keep an eye on her own people
>>
File: Bubblegum Chub 3.png (329KB, 1280x953px) Image search: [Google]
Bubblegum Chub 3.png
329KB, 1280x953px
>>89319564
>>89319525
Wrong
>>
>>89319584
>PB is a tease
How so? Needing help running a kingdom isn't romantic. They aren't exactly flirting with her either
>>
>>89319577
>"Ha! Finn you silly dog! Trying to get into PB's pants again you never cease to make us laugh!"
???
>>
>>89319622
I meant her to them, but I suppose both have been true for a while
>>
>>89319537
well aware of your position on PB's feelings towards Finn but the thing is you are shutting out any other argument about her and that makes it not worth discussing any more and frankly its just annoying. And you're not just doing because of "lack of evidence". You are literally telling everyone they are wrong because you don't like what you are hearing, like you always do in every AT thread.
Seriously get a trip or else Ill make one for you and its not going to be flattering.
>>
File: tumblr_nx90v1ilAh1s1525po1_1280.png (461KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx90v1ilAh1s1525po1_1280.png
461KB, 750x1000px
>>89319525
>>89319564
>>89319599
You kidders, everyone knows Finn is best girl
>>
>>89319642
Is this really what goes on in your minds? Finn and Jake were in Stakes to lighten the mood, while they did succeed, /co/ was rustled by that. And I understand, but just know that they weren't acting autisic just because. Look up comic relief. The definintion fits like a glove for this situation
>>
File: 59088526_p2.jpg (84KB, 688x1504px) Image search: [Google]
59088526_p2.jpg
84KB, 688x1504px
>>89319690
You aren't wrong
>>
>>89319577
So what you're saying is, no matter how condescending or hurtful the "joke" is, Finn should just accept it and we shouldn't question it in bad taste..?
That's like that guy in a group of people that says something pretty rude and off the wall, but when everyone raises an eyebrow, he damage controls and screams" ITS JUST A JOKE"
>>
>>89319725
>Finn and Jake were in Stakes to lighten the mood, while they did succeed"
Subjective.
>>
>>89319674
Have you even bothered to inspect the evidence supporting the notion? Your agument literally can only work by dismissing all the good she has done, and the evidence you guys are working with isn't even overt, it requires your analysis and interpretation, whereas the good PB has done for Finn does not. Coincidentally all the evidence is in Stakes, where Finn is meant to be comic relief. Yes, they removed Finn's hand, but did so politely. If she truely hated Finn I'd image some snarkiness and disgust, which is not present whatsoever.
>>
File: Team 6.png (515KB, 676x557px) Image search: [Google]
Team 6.png
515KB, 676x557px
>>89319690

Am i only one that likes finn to keep both of his arms?

I think the point of finn having two arms means he is the true finn and not control by faith.
>>
>>89319768
Not that guy, but if you seriously believe that Finn and Jack weren't intended comic relief in Stakes, you're a genuine retard.
>>
>>89319766
False equivalence
Not that's not my argument, nor is what she did even hurtful. Quit self inserting
>>
>>89319818
Shut up, sperg
>>
File: 745363415.gif (81KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
745363415.gif
81KB, 480x270px
>>89319559
>>89319564
>>89319599
>>89319690

I have evolved
>>
>>89319725
Because Finn has been made to look pathetic and pining for so long, and it stopped being funny after the Flame Princess disaster. Sorry people continued to be annoyed when the main character was a sad joke tag along instead of a hero.
>>
>>89319870
Shut up,sperg
>>
>>89319768
I am that guy, and that is not subjective, not being fact doesn't mean opinion, to be exact. Technically the Theory of Evolution is not "a fact." It's a well substantiated and supported theorem supported by indisputable evidence
>>
>>89319896
And I can understand that, /co/ likes to self-insert and seeing Finn not get treated like a god rubs you the wrong way.
>>
>>89319768
>>89319869
Sorry, if you were talking about how successful they were as comic relief, then that is subjective.
>>
>>89319978
Yes people tend to not like it when a character they they grew up watching is treated like some kind of loser in his own show, self insert or not.
>>
>>89320022
To the extent is not what I have covered, but it was enough to fit the definition
>>
>>89319978
>Self insert

I don't self insert into Finn. He's the main character of this show and I like him, so why would I want to see him constantly shit on? People, including me and definitely most of the people who are just fine with the Bubbline and Finn outcasting, would be throwing an absolute shit fit if Finn were a female character getting put through this.

He doesn't have to be treated like a god. He never was. It'd just be nice if he wasn't a pathetic joke. It's not even funny anymore.
>>
>>89320029
He isn't treated like a loser is what I am getting at. I literally cannot see how he is treated like a loser. I have been watching him since middle school, and I have never thought of him as being treated as a loser. I saw a character being built by going through tradgety. A character maturing
>>
>>89319896
>>89320029
>>89320061
ALLLLLL this. I think Bubbline is absolute cancer though so i'm kind of different.
>>
>>89315114
>COCK AND PUSSY

and candy.
>>
>>89319978
>You must be self-inserting if you're sick of the protagonist you watch a show for steadily becoming more pathetic and never getting his due.

People actually enjoy this in their shows? And you must just be self-inserting to be over it? I'm going to take a wild guess that you're one of those huge Bubblegum apologists.
>>
>>89320061
I think the problem is I wasn't here to be exposed to /co/ overreating to shit that Finn went through. That idea isn't going to leave your mind no matter what I say. Finn has had pathetic moments always, remember "Dungeon." Season 1 episode
>>
>>89320171
And then he had awesome kicking the shit out of everyone is his path episodes like the Fight King episode and seemed like he was gonna get some fucking good growth with the introduction of 13yo PB or FP (take your pick). We don't get the latter at all these days.
>>
>>89320143
I enjoy watching the MC gey back up as if it never happened. Couldn't even tell he his dad abandoned him and got his heart broken when watching the latest episodes. I like that it stops being relevant. Remember that season 6 finale? That comet explained this to Finn. And Finn enjoys experiencing life, regardless if it is good or bad, because he has hope for the future
>>
>>89320171
He was never as pathetic as he was in later seasons. Besides, it's fine for those kinds of things to be in season one because the characters are meant to grow. Finn "grew" alright, into someone more pathetic than he was at the start. Regression isn't particularly satisfying or interesting.

I wasn't around during the majority of the complaining and caught up to those episodes long after it was over, but I'm still annoyed by it when I watch the show. No matter what you say or how you try to swing it, people have a valid reason to not like how Finn is treated by the writers.
>>
>>89320143
He's a notorious AT autist that freaks out on anyone that disagrees that t he show is an absolute 10/10 and Princess Bubblegum is a godess.
>>
>>89318484
if a long time friend were to ask me to do shit for her for no payoff and never ever suspect I'm after her at any given point, I'd be pretty fucking pissed if she began stalking me and telling me to stop hanging with another girl all of a sudden.
>>
>>89320246
Point taken, but you can't pretend Finn hasn't experienced negative emotions throughout the show. And he still gets bad ass moments, like I Am a Sword. Have you seen the swordman ship? And Finn has been rendered useless, like episodes such as Prisoners of Love, just like in Elemental.
>>
>>89320259
I will call out faulty criticsms, and will justify PB's action since they all can be.
>>
>>89320360
Basically any comment towards the show and PB you don't like
>>
>>89320297
Yeah both the asking you to do shit part and the stalking/getting mad part are utter bullshit. If you do shit for someone without them asking, they're gonna just think well of you and not assume your intentions, if they ASK you to do stuff beyond what they'd ask any other friend that's manipulative bullshit.
>>
>>89320256
I see a lot of Finn is pathetic now without a lot of explaining on why that is.
>>
File: nasty shet.gif (959KB, 400x228px) Image search: [Google]
nasty shet.gif
959KB, 400x228px
>>89320332
>And he still gets bad ass moments, like I Am a Sword
>I Am A Sword
>Badass
>>
>>89320386
Not exactly, I criticize new episodes in the talkbacks I recognize that season 6 was the weakest. But PB is not a cold hearted bitch, and will argue that she isn't.
>>
>>89320411
Yes, being able to fight an opponent with a sword with your barehands is pretty remarkable. Being able to fight wih a ball is remarkable.
>>
>>89320398
Flame princess. The whole lame shit with the arm. Being a joke tagalong in Stakes. Still pining after PB when she wants nothing to do with him that way. Multiple episodes of him wallowing in his failed romances and looking desperate. Among many other things

People keep saying it, you just ignore it because it doesn't fit your narrative.
>>
>>89320457
Except she pretty much is.
She's a liar, a murderer, a thief, and a tyrant
>>
>>89320457
PB is pretty coldhearted. It's part of how they want to present her character.
>>
>>89320495
Yes. And he should've bodied her with his fists, but since this is S7 he's gotta get KO'd to further the storyline which'll have a shoddy resolve in 30 episodes.
>>
>>89320457
Don't get me wrong, she has a softer side but PB is my favourite character because she kind of is a cold hearted bitch.
>>
>>89320504
>>89320504
>season 5 (I keep forgetting it's 2013, sorry)
>boring arm shit
Not exactly pathetic, this is just an arc that you didn't find particularly interesting.
>being a joke tag along in Stakes
To be fair Marceline wasn't so hot herself, she couldn't defeat The Empress, nor the Hierophant, nor the Vampire King by herself. The Vamp King surrendered. Do you honestly think Finn could have taken enemies Marceline can't defeat?
>pining on PB
I can't even remember the last time he made a move on her, I think it was around season 5 when he realized older people are actually different, Too Old.

Yes I can recognize the echo chamber /co/ is, it's why these opinions continue to float around
>>
>>89320691
I'm never on /co/ Adventure Time threads and recently caught up with the series. I saw and understood all of these complaints. You can say muh echochamber all you want but not everyone who disagrees with you is just wrong nor do we have to appreciate the direction of Finn's character because you love what the writers did with PB.
>>
>>89320514
>a liar
Need examples if you want this point to hold any ground

>a murder
Such as?

>a thief
Same points as before

>a tyrant
Yet lets her people practice democracy and live their lives
>>
>>89320542
How so?

>>89320564
He didn't get KO'd he shattered his Finn Sword

>>89320646
How so?
>>
>>89320770
PB being a cold scientist type that can scare you with her intensity/will do questionable experiments with no qualms is quite obviously part of her character. You claim to like her and yet ignore big pieces of her character?
>>
>>89320504
About that FP, you do know that's been so long ago they're now friends?
>>
>>89320796
Doesn't matter. It's still an example of Finn getting significantly more pathetic long after the first season. And in my opinion, he's never been as heroic since.
>>
>>89320792
I agree that she is ambiguous, but that doesn't make her a cold hearted bitch. Even then, she always means well with her experiments, and I challenge you to find any experiments where she is torturing her people.
>>
>>89320829
This implies that he cannot improve, it does indeed matter. He literay has no more spaghetti, how is this not an improvement?
>>
>>89320770
Initially I appreciated you for defending a show I personally love (and my favourite character), but now you're just being obtuse.
>>
>>89320845
I'm saying she's often portrayed as the cold, morally questionable scientist. It doesn't mean she's an irredeemable bitch, but it's there.
>>
>>89320873
I never said he couldn't improve, just that they wrote him significantly worse compared to earlier seasons. And I still think they do and I haven't seen much of what I consider true improvement. Honestly it seems like the writers don't care that much about him anymore.
>>
>>89320912
They were being obtuse the whole time. Ignore them.
>>
>>89320944
Not him, but I really like how they treated Finn in Season 7. It feels like he's finally grown out of that awkward phase from season 5 and 6.
>>
>>89320944
GOD fucking damn I wish Jeremy Shada does a shoot interview about how he feels about Finn. He's been giving off vibes about Finn being dicked over for a while now.
>>
>>89321004
feels more like they reeled back on the heaping of shit they piled onto him.
>>
>>89321060
Well, that's another way of looking at it.
>>
>>89320736
lies to her citizens
killed all the rattleballs
steals from finn and jake
sent the king of ooo to jail

the door's that a way "suchashowso"
>>
>>89321028
You have any particular interviews in mind? Haven't listened to any AT interviews since Conversation Parade ended
>>
>>89320912
I need something to work with. But I should provide something to the table. PB has a heart, she always has. She fears for her people being scared and makes precautions for them to stay pleased. She treats Candy People will love, and tells Lemongrab how to treat Candy people, with love. She cares so much she spends her spare time monitering that they are safe. She cares so much, it's too much. She goes out if her way to make sure nothing bad can happen to her people. She has learned to lay off a bit, i.e., not spying on Ooo. She builds a giant Gumball Guardian that will care for her people thousands of years in the future. Even after Starchy escaped, she programmed the Guardian to welcome him home if he was ever found again. She lets her people express themselves, she supported the Banana Guards expressing individuality. She adopted Lemonhope, providing him a higher quality of life than he would at the Earldom. She misses her people, but lets them decide on who they want to lead them. She asks Finn and Jake to stay so the Candy People will be safe. Do you guys ignore her crying over Marceline, fearing for her life? She has saved Finn and Jakes lives on multiple occasions. She set up an entire concert for Finn to cheer up, and was genuinely concered for his mental state. How is she a bitch?
>>
>>89315153
>Sees list of banned episodes
>Most are shit

The sensitive Aussies are actually doing their viewers a favor.
>>
>>89321135
I agree with literally everything you said. I called you obtuse because there is clearly a cold, and questionably moral side to her that you are flagrantly ignoring.
>>
>>89295687
Look at Princess Bubblegum's eyes, she doesn't even give two shits on what Finn is going through. She looks annoyed that he went off in this dramatic speech about "I loved you" instead of listening to her about Flame Princess.

Also, Adventure Time is a bad show written by cucks. That's why.
>>
>>89321104
>killed all the rattleballs
You can't kill robots, they have no sentience. She destroyed them because they were a danger to her citizens.

>steals from Finn and Jake
Collection taxes*
FTFY
Have you seen the state of the Candy Kingdom? It's pretty obvious it doesn't all go to her.

>KoO to jail
He is a scumbag apparently, and why she has beef with him I don't think was covered. Maybe because he is a fraud?
>>
>>89320923
>cold
Stern*
You have yet to explain why it is that she is a bitch
>>
>>89320944
Obviously they care enough to give him a mini-series.

>significant
Exaggeration
>>
>>89321250
I just said she wasn't. And no.

*Cold
>>
>>89321060
How so?
>>
>>89319436
>/co/ and /co/ only bitches about this shit from 2015

Yes.... because only /co/ contributed to the declining ratings and lack of merch since 2015.
>>
>>89321284
Oh wow, giving a mini series to the literal main character.

And no exaggeration.
>>
>>89321150
Point still stands
>>
>>89321315
How so?
>>
>>89304840
Death by snu-snu
>>
>>89321214
The world was about to end you dense motherfucker. Fuck, why does everyone here have to talk in extremes? No she's not a complete bitch, and no, she's not a perfect ray of sunshine either. A character doesn't have to be likable, or sympathetic to be compelling, which is exactly what PB is. FUCK.
>>
>>89321212
It is questionable, but that doesn't mean everything she has done is morally wrong. Her questionability being able to be justified is due to the questionable nature of it. Which does not mean she is a bitch, nor does it mean she is a saint.
>>
>>89321401
Nobody ever said it was. You were literally just denying that she was cold and morally questionable. So you were wrong, just like we all knew. Thanks for admitting it.
>>
>>89321366
That doesn't work, you're asking why it is that I am able to ask you why it is? While childish the correct answer here is because this is an argument, and I expect you to elaborate a claim, before I even consider it as valid.
>tu quoque fallacy
>>
File: 1443756763612.jpg (10KB, 200x297px) Image search: [Google]
1443756763612.jpg
10KB, 200x297px
>SuperProATFags finally getting trounced like I predicted

back to r/adventuretime
>>
>>89321452
No, I was arguing she is not a cold heartless bitch, and agreed she is ambiguous
>>
>>89321501
This is the exact attitude why it is nearly impossible to have a reasonable dialogue on this site.
>>
>>89321501
How bad is it if I head there once in a while just cause I'm starved for AT discussion

It's not very good, pretty boring but I take what I can get
>>
>>89321331
Which implies they do care? How can you argue they don't? If they didn't care about Finn they wouldn't bother with him at all. Special pleading fallacy.
>>
>>89321522
You didn't just argue against the whole statement put together. You argued both against her being cold and against her being questionable. You were wrong and ignoring obvious pieces of her characterization. Those you were arguing with already said they didn't think she was a bitch and yet you keep bringing that up.
>>
>>89321499
Such as?
>>
>>89321499
How so?

>>89321572
It doesn't imply that they care, it just shows that they remember who the most important character is. They can't just not bother with him when he's the fucking protagonist.
>>
>>89321574
These posts quite clearly show that I was arguing she wasn't a cold heartless bitch.
>>89321135
>>89320457
>>
>>89321554
How so?
>>
>>89321636
Holy shit. You denied that she was cold, which people argued back against. You denied that she was questionable, people argued with you and you admitted she was indeed questionable. Then you kept bringing up her being a bitch even when both people said they already thought she was not. They said she was cold and questionable but not a bitch.
>>
>>89321687
Just stop arguing with him m8, he does this in every thread
>>
>>89321618
>how so
responding to crticism, with critcism, is a logical fallacy. Now since you childishly put this loop together I will terminate it.
Now I will remind you again, this post goes without support; it is just a claim >>89321060

>it shows they remember who the most character is
So they do in fact care? Suggesting that creators don't care about the main character is a paradox, because how could he be the protagonist if the creators didn't care?
>>
File: 1451608057836.jpg (7KB, 140x140px) Image search: [Google]
1451608057836.jpg
7KB, 140x140px
>>89321636
YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

>>>/r/adventuretime/
>>>/landofooo/
>>>/tumblrbubblineshippingblog/
>>>/HannaK'sTwitter/
>>
>>89321760
responding to crticism, with critcism, is a logical fallacy.
How so?
>>
>>89321760
How so?

Also because the way the show is set up is the way the show is set up. It's advertised and marketed as such and he is an iconic protagonist. Why would they change the main character when their audience would likely get angry about it? This shit doesn't exist in a writer vacuum and they won't go so far as changing the protag and alienating most of the fanbase.

What they do have the power to do is keep him technically the main character while they focus on Bubbline.
>>
>>89321687
So what Cold and questionable means nothing? I don't care whether you think she is questionable. Regardless the post replying to me did argue that she was
>>
>>89321760
How so?

Such as?

Explain?
>>
I just wanna stop in and ask if anyone else liked Football as much as I did. I feel like it had the best use of tension in an episode that AT's done in years. I don't even like BMO all that much but it was a real swell episode.
>>
>>89321812
It literally is a logical fallacy, if you want to argue that responding to criticism an arguer has told you justifies your points please go on ahead and demonstrate it.
>>
>>89321910
Okay but how so?
>>
>>89321831
This post tells me nothing, nor does it justify the paradox that has been made. The creators care about the protagonist, why would he have the most major appearances in every season if the writers did not care? Adress this question, and quit derailing the conversation.
>>
>>89321977
H O W S O
O
W
S
O
>>
>>89321862
All three of these things are present, nice try

>>89321946
It's in the post, responding to criticism with criticism doesn't prove the points you've made. This is slothful deduction asking anything further. Just like if I call you a faggot, and only that. Doing that doesn't prove me right; I haven't argued anything; because I have brought nothing to argue.
>>
>>89321977
Gonna need some examples
>>
>>89321998
Not an agrument, adress the question, quit derailing the thread
>>
>>89322047
Okay but just hear me out:

How so?
>>
>>89321862
You're asking questions with questions, it's your turn to provide something now. Asking the same question will receive the same response.
>>
>>89322078
>Not an agrument
How so?
>adress the question
with such as?
>>
This is some next level autism
>>
>>89322078
How so are we derailing the thread SuperProATBubblinefag?

>>89322128
>Name calling fallacy
>>
>>89322119
How can the main character not be cared about, if he is given a main character role in more episodes than any other?
>>
>>89322151
The conversation is being derailed because the question of:
How can the main character not be cared about, if he is given a main character role in more episodes than any other?
Has yet to be answered.
>>
>>89322163
......such as..?
>>
>>89322128
How so? Such as? I don't know, can you repeat the question?
>>
>>89322051
How does this question fit, exactly?
>>
Summarization of this thread
>Finn has been handled like garbage since Sugar left
>Finn should grow a spine and tell PB to fuck off once in a while and grow more independent from being butt buddies with Jake
>Hunteess is best Girl
>Bubbline a shit
>writers are cucks that project their cuckness onto Finn
>>
>>89322128
Glad a lurker has some sense
>>
>>89322219
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Finn
There's a section here that lists all episodes where Finn is not the main character. You're welcome to verify this with the deuteragonist, Jake
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/Jake
>>
>>89322233
Give an example
>>
>>89322104
It's in the post, responding to criticism with criticism doesn't prove the points you've made. This is slothful deduction asking anything further. Just like if I call you a faggot, and only that. Doing that doesn't prove me right; I haven't argued anything; because I have brought nothing to argue.
>>
>>89322320
Logical Fallacy. Finn is always the main character, his name is in the title.
>>
>>89322326
>gonna need some examples
>>
>>89322351
that technically hasn't been true since like the 8th episode of the show. they dropped the "with Finn and Jake" moniker really early on.
>>
>>89322351
>ambiguity fallacy
Main character has multiple definitions, referring to
1. The protagonist of something; who the main focus is of something. (How this is determined is not defined)
2. Who the main focus of an episode was; who played a significant role

In the page lists all the episodes where Finn does not serve a significant role in the episode

>logical fallacy
Which one?
>>
>>89322482
>lists all the episodes where Finn does not serve a significant role in the episode
Which ones?
>>
>>89322383
Season 1, along with those price tags on the title cards
>>
>>89322373
An example of the claim
>>
>>89322520
I think they only did the price tags things like twice. It was in Slumber Party Panic and The Enchiridion and I think that's it.
>>
>>89322518
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Finn#Major_appearances
>>
>>89322575
Gonna need some examples
>>
>>89322562
Which one?

>>89322563
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes
If you want to be technical this page has all of the titlecards
>>
File: 34579038_p3_master1200.jpg (533KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
34579038_p3_master1200.jpg
533KB, 800x600px
Now that the thread's on its way out, what are your thoughts on Islands?
Excited? Any hopes, dreams, expectations, fears?

I'll be pretty bummed if it doesn't top Stakes cause I feel like it has way more potential.
>>
>>89322628
Caustiously optimistic
>>
>>89322628
Finn getting smacked around
Bubbline hinting curtesy of Tumblr 8th gender writers
Some human womyn rejecting Finn
Finn's mom

Someone make a bingo card outta this
>>
>>89322620
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Finn#Major_appearances
Right under the "Every episode except the following."
>>
>>89322623
Yeah a quick glance makes it seem like only those two had the price tags.

Also I never noticed that Slumber Party Panic said Ooo Publication on it, that's pretty cool.
>>
>>89322623
all the ones you made
>>
>>89322691
what a negative nancy
>>
>>89322699
such as..?
>>
>>89322714
Link to it you faggot
>>
>>89322745
What an obtuse, naive follower
>>
>>89322765
Burden of Proof lies on your shoulders
>>
>>89322628
Honestly not too sure. I hope they handle Finn and his mom in a decent way and it will be really cool to see how Finn and the humans interact but aside from that I don't know what to think of it, just kind of waiting to see what happens. I'm so hyped for Finn's robo arm though, been a long damn time coming.

Kind of sad that it isn't a whole team effort like Stakes was, I don't care for Susan much and having PB and Marceline there could have been cool, but I'm alright with it if it helps prevent them from stealing the spotlight like in Stakes.

Excited to learn what the fuck Grass Finn's deal is but I guess that isn't even part of Islands is it.
>>
>>89322799
>naive
Season 8's looking great, you can read the synopsis for Islands
https://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_episodes#Season_8:_2017
>>
>>89322860
Oh thank fuck PB and Marceline aren't there. Their lesbian teasing interactions would steal the spotlight for sure.

Still, it'd be nice for them to actually have to give a fuck about Finn's problems instead of brushing him off and focusing on each other.
>>
>>89322815
Burden of proof is just when I state something, and then claim that is it true because no one has presented proof that what I said is wrong.
>>
>>89323005
How so? Everything you said was merely conjecture
>>
>>89323002
Yeah, but since this one is actually focused on Finn I would think it would be a lot better than Stakes. I think it would be the best opportunity for the show to have a cool team up of everyone without anyone getting shit on for one reason or the other but that's not happening, which is just as it goes I guess.
>>
>tfw I can't tell who the real one is anymore
>>
>>89323113
How so?
>>
>>89323067
It's gonna take a lot of development and creativity (neither which these writers have) to put Finn on equal footing with PB and Marceline.
>>
>>89322628
>I feel like it has way more potential
I definitely agree, and will also be bummed out if it doesn't. Kinda expect it not to.

I'm hoping that the new prosthetic actually proves to be some kind of challenge for Finn to accept and overcome. Also really hope they handle Finn's mom situation well, but I remain skeptical that they can.
>>
>>89323150
Not even asking for that, just stuff where they all hang out, enjoy each others company, work toward a goal together and shit, and have some nice genuine interactions. The fact that there's so little of this in the show is so lame.
>>
>>89323188
Honestly I won't be too heartbroken if ma is handled poorly, I was never too invested in Finn's real parents. I'll enjoy it if it's cool though.

And I don't know about the arm arc thing, I feel like the time for something like that slipped away the first time he lost it and got it back. Just having it exist is good enough for me though, with AT I take what I can get dawg.
>>
>>89323053
Because that literally is the definition of burden of proof, or rather a gist
>>
>>89323241
We're gonna have PB and Marceline sectioned off from Finn unless the plot REALLY demands it or uses him as a stepping stone to show how awesome and strong the 2 are.
>>
>>89323150
It would also take the willingness to do so, which they don't have. It's clear that they like building PB and Marceline up and find it funny that Finn is pathetic.

In fact, didn't one of the writers straight up say they thought pathetic Finn was funny?
>>
>>89323345
I think /co/ totally overblows this thing but I do feel like it's true to some degree. PB and Marceline when together always seem to be a significant level above Finn which I don't think was there in the earlier seasons. You'd figure with all the maturation Finn did over the series putting him at a similar level would be a cool way to show he's grown but they just haven't really done that I think.
>>
>>89323241
There used to be episodes like that, until Bubbline became the big thing and for some reason the writers decided that they needed to bolster them and shit on Finn in the process. Even if it's not necessary to making that relationship real.
>>
>>89323345
Our favorite lesbians are seen in the intro, so they will be in the mini-series. To what extent is debatable, but I expect one episode with them being minor characters or cameo characters. This same thing applied with the Stakes intro
>>
>>89323458
>There used to be episodes like that
Yeah, like one in total. Unless you count Go With Me I guess.

People give Sugar shit but I feel like she had a good handle on writing the gang well as a group, I would have liked to see her do more of that.
>>
>>89323478
They'll probably just be in the first episode saying by to Finn&co and not show up again until it's over.
>>
>>89323555
They're already seen together in a screenshot of Wheels
>>
>>89323650
I'm talking only about Islands man, and I try to steer myself away from spoilers about episodes before they air.
>>
>>89323458
Focusing on a relationship inevitably will make another relationship not garner as much attention. This can even be applied to real life. Finn with Marcy or PB doesn't happen a much because the episodes featuring the latter two focus on the females when there are episodes advancing and improving relationships. Consequently Finn doesn't improve as much. This was inevitable if one were to want PB and Marcy becoming closer. Imagine if they didn't improve the relationship, /co/ would probably bitch that the writers brought something without finishing it. Personally, I felt they should finish what they start. Finn and Marceline WILL hang out. Olivia reported a tough voice recording of making it difficult for Marcy to sound worried for Finn. And a transcript was posted from a season 9 episode showing a Marcy and Hudson episode, that involved the main duo.
>>
Hey if Bubbline comes true, wouldn't that render pb's "Responsibilities demand sacrifice" line to Finn null and obsolete since she actually does have time to settle down and smooch on someone while also handling an entire kingdom?
>>
>>89323336
>I feel like the time for something like that slipped away the first time he lost it and got it back.
That's true meng, and also a real damn shame.
>>
>>89323744
She has already settled down after the events of "The Cooler." This was evident in "Pajama Wars," where PB let the people be as she hung out with Finn. She isn't as focused on her work anymore.
>>
>>89323744
The way Bubbline works don't most people consider it to have existed way in the past, like before said responsibilities exist?
Also, I guess it could be seen as part of the way PB's arc is about her loosening up a bit, getting a relationship cold show that.

Plus I think there are different reasons for that. PB didn't really like Finn that way aside from when she was young (and seasons 1 and 2 but ignore those), and when she was giving Finn that speech it was in reference to Flame Princess, not herself. So even if those responsibilities didn't exist the only way Finn/PB would work is if he was on her level, and now that she's a billion years old that's kind of guaranteed to never happen.
>>
File: tumblr_n54wrywUdh1qjiwx5o1_1280.jpg (562KB, 600x877px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n54wrywUdh1qjiwx5o1_1280.jpg
562KB, 600x877px
>>89323816
I'm sort of bummed about Finn's arm and likely will always be but I have Islands and all the nifty fanart to dry my tears for me.
>>
>>89323511
She wanted to work on both concurrently but she claimed it was "impossible." I don't blame her for focusing on her own project, SU is a great show. But I just can't help but think what the show would be like if she stayed? She began that bubbline thing with What Was Missing, and Adam Muto carried it on.
>>
>>89323962
I don't blame her either but I'll always miss her interpretations of the characters. Her Finn was lovely and I liked her more combative version of Bubbline more than anyone else's. I really do wonder what those gals would look like if she had stayed.

I'll always miss her work in the show, much as I like SU.
>>
>>89323962
She actually cared about Finn and seemed to like him best. That made a huge difference in his portrayal in her episodes compared to others' now.
>>
>>89324044
I always thought most of the writers (except dudes like Xayaphone who just seem like total weirdos) cared about Finn but were trying to help him in a really mean way. They thought this conga like of torture he went through is just what you gotta do to become an adult or something.

Not sure about the way Bubbline kind of shines higher than him, I guess they just like the lesbians more.
>>
>>89323397
>In fact, didn't one of the writers straight up say they thought pathetic Finn was funny?

A storyboarder said he didn't care for Finn as much as other characters, and wrote him as a dumb loser. He supposedly started liking him about when they started writing seasons 7-8 I think
>>
>>89324182
To be exact he never said he wrote it, just he though of him as a loser. Even then, there's an entire team writing episodes. Jesse episodes were shit though
>>
>>89324303
https://www.apmpodcasts.org/conversation-parade/2015/07/storyboarding-and-bmos-multitudes/

"I used to have a problem that I used to write Finn as an idiot..."

(goes on to describe how he did this in Lemon hope part 1)

"Meanwhile Moynihan writes him, it really changed the way I wrote the character, because Jesse writes him with so much respect... And I'm always looking for Finn to get hit in the head or fall over..."

"I think, and I've changed, I completely changed, but I think there was a point where I just wasn't interested in Finn, I like all the other characters but Finn I just wanted to be uncool. I just wanted (him) to trip and fall in the mud..."

And while it is true that a team writes the story outline, the duo boarders for an episode have more opportunity to put in the more significant nuances. It's why this show can feel so inconsistent sometimes with how they handle characters
>>
>>89308515
Wait what did RS do?

Is Finn not going to end up with anyone?
>>
File: tumblr_mpaifsuz3p1qbtdt0o1_540.png (73KB, 513x402px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpaifsuz3p1qbtdt0o1_540.png
73KB, 513x402px
Thread posts: 568
Thread images: 90

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.