[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 23

How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?
>>
>>89291007
>How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?

New 52 Dial H
>>
Make them a sumo?
>>
>>89291007
>no fat jokes

then what's the fucking point
>>
>>89291007
You haven't seen Sanctuary have you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdPrxoB9ViI
>>
File: hillary-clinto-in-faith-5-190654.jpg (534KB, 655x1009px) Image search: [Google]
hillary-clinto-in-faith-5-190654.jpg
534KB, 655x1009px
>>89291007
Was pushing fat acceptance and not making fat jokes up until this issue, now everything afterwards can no longer be taken seriously.
>>
Superhero who's fat before he gets his powers and drowns in his own self destructive procrastination because his powers neither necessitate he be fit and him being fit wouldn't enable him to do his job any better.
>>
File: sig.jpg (55KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
sig.jpg
55KB, 800x450px
>>89291007
make them fit-fat. If not that, just make them fat while making no real reference to it or have it be tied TO their powers rather than it being a life choice.
>>
>>89291118
supermeme/10
>>
File: IMG_1567.jpg (66KB, 837x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1567.jpg
66KB, 837x640px
>>89291007
>Make a superhero
>Also make them fat

Is this a serious question?
>>
>>89291007
He'd have an easier time being accepted if he was "cool", funny, or skillful. His design would have to be done so that he'd seem charismatic in looks, not like Boogie. That usually means strong, determined, decent dresser, etc. The real world doesn't translate fat people like art does often times.

Kingpin is a decent reference I think. Really just don't have them do self deprecation and be serious, while looking serious, and acting serious, and I'd say it could be pretty easy to do so.
>>
File: Bouncingboy.png (23KB, 250x196px) Image search: [Google]
Bouncingboy.png
23KB, 250x196px
Sup
>>
>>89291144
This is the correct answer. You have to make them go full strongfat.
>>
Character who's powers mean they neither need to be fit to do their job AND their powers mean that unlike regular fat people, their weight isn't endangering their health. It's a purely cosmetic aspect of their life (again unlike actual fat people) and they're not going to bust their ass at the gym purely for looks.
>>
>>89291007
I would think of a fit super hero... And take away reason and accountability.
>>
>>89291007
You don't, you make them a villian.
>>
File: kingpin.jpg (123KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
kingpin.jpg
123KB, 940x529px
>>
>>89291118
Oh jeez, the fat girl has such an unflattering angle here. That's just unfortunate
>>
>>89291210
He's a walking fat joke bro. He said no fat humor.
>>
>>89291007
You can't make a fat hero because being a horrible person with no positive qualities is how people become fat.

There is no such thing as a fatty who isn't a terrible shitty person and anything that presents fat people as anything other than the terrible people they are is fat acceptance bullshit.
>>
>>89291007
Portray him/her realistically. Like, they are impeded by their weight but they push through the discomfort to continue doing what's right.

Also, unless he/she regularly eats badly, he/she'd probably slim down as seasons go on.

Lastly, an early episode would have them being made fun of as a plot point, but the resolution would be only that people will have different opinions and that you should take pride in your good works instead of letting others get to you.
>>
File: BB01.jpg (208KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
BB01.jpg
208KB, 630x420px
>>89291309

this is totally untrue and slanderous
>>
>>89291007
Make them like Coop from Megas XLR
>>
>>89291007
you could pull a Steven Seagal and just never acknowledge it
>>
>>89291332
Those are some good points anon. Ultimately without fat jokes you're promoting fat acceptance propaganda. It doesn't have to be all about dem jokes but like you said it builds the plot.
>>
>>89291007
Kill them on the first page
>>
Have them in the process of losing weight,
>>
>>89291007

>How would you make a fat super hero without pushing fat acceptance agenda or making fat jokes?

Have them become slimmer over time.
>>
>>89291144
Best answer.
>>
THIS IS A FUCKING VIDEO
>>
>>89291007
Make them a telekinetic. They move, fly, and fight through their psychic powers, but if their abilities are somehow neutralized, they fall to the ground and can't get up. Adds drama.
>>
>>89291378
>Ultimately without fat jokes you're promoting fat acceptance propaganda
I respectfully disagree with that. Not building much of the character around being made fun of is not at all equal to encouraging bad habits/beliefs.
>>
File: 1484415060913.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1484415060913.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>89291349
This, coop sits home, eats and plays videogames most of the day, but he still takes the time to save/destroy his home planet.
Him being fat isn't played up much in the series but his eating habits are.
>Fueling Megas with jamming the fuel tanks with oil from space sandwiches
>Slushies
>The thanks giving episode.
Also best cartoon depiction of Jersey.
>>
File: bbdd.jpg (78KB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
bbdd.jpg
78KB, 454x600px
>>89291348
>fat guy gets the hot girl(s)
>>
>>89291498
It doesn't have to be much, OP said none. I'm just stating that having some deals in relativity offers a better payoff more often than not for stories. I'm stating it's fat acceptance because you're normalizing it, and could even go so far as to make it a positive factor when there are no negatives. It's either a zero to positive scale, positive being fat acceptance.
>>
>>89291183
This. A fat guy can rock a suit like no one else.
>>
>>89291007
Remember that Robot Chicken about a fat guy hero?

Do that.
>>
Superheroine uses their illusionist powers to make themselves appear fat to disguise the fact they're a hungry skellington.
>>
File: 8w0u3.jpg (20KB, 475x365px) Image search: [Google]
8w0u3.jpg
20KB, 475x365px
>>89291007
I don't understand how anyone can allow themselves to get that fat. Good fucking Christ.
>>
>>89291634
In my first post (>>89291332) I say "they are impeded by their weight". I didn't expand on that, but basically I meant it'd be implied often enough and stated occasionally that many of the difficulties he/she has would be reduced if not eliminated if he/she was normal weight.
>>
i'd make him go fast by rolling like a ball
>>
>>89291866
You hit a certain point and either realize now is the time to put work in because you hate what you've become or you decide you don't care
>>
>>89291848
She wasn't fat, but not-Zatanna did that in Squadron Supreme for a while, to hide the fact that she was pregnant.
>>
Give him super strength, but still love to eat and be lazy. Think Coop from Megas XLR mixed with the Juggernauts strength.
>>
>>89291883
Yeah, I'm agreeing with that. However you can only have neutral or positive with your referencing if there is no negativity. You disagreed with this statement:

>Ultimately without fat jokes you're promoting fat acceptance propaganda

Not having negativity at all towards their weight is on a meta view, fat acceptance, and at the very least almost going out of neutral. Because we're dealing with FA, it's hard for it not to be FAP without negativity. You're basically agreeing with me to include some sort of negativity, not no negativity.
>>
>>89291007
>>89291007
Not /co/ but one punch man did this right with Pig God, hes a disgustingly fat bastard and the way he fights its by eating his foes alive and its as fucked up as it sounds, hes also somewhat strong and tank a lot of damage, he also stands out from the rest becouse hes one of the few heroes thats actually heroic, as in, he really just wants to fight monsters, resque people and save the world out of the goodness of his heart.
>>
>>89292305
what the fuck, I don't read the mangas and just watched the cartoon. Pig God is a fucking cannibal, THAT'S CRAZY!
>>

Got you m8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCOtzFWjZhE
>>
>>89291940
What if you hate what you've become but just don't care enough to improve anyways?
>>
>>89292351
You don't hate yourself enough to change.

Depression is an acceptable answer though. Not that pretend shit either, I'm talking about wouldn't give a damn if you killed someone or jumped in front of a train depression.
>>
>>89292341
Sorry if i spoil it for you anon.
>>
File: amy.png (465KB, 2000x2749px) Image search: [Google]
amy.png
465KB, 2000x2749px
by making her a total qt
>>
>>89292636
I actually love spoilers. I spoil almost everything I watch as I'm only attached to a handful of media. OPM is great but you could tell me everything that would happen and I still wouldn't mind. Is the official manga up to Pig God or is that only Mr Doodles manga so far?
>>
>>89292701
>tfw spoil self on media before reading so you know if it has a happy ending or not
>>
>>89291007
DC had a character like this in the short-lived Sovereign Seven, though he was TV-fat, not actually fat-fat. He was telekinetic, but his powers were a function of his metabolism: using them burned up his body's energy reserves incredibly quickly, so he had to eat constantly to have enough energy stored up for when he needed to use his abilities, since the more impressive his telekinesis, the more fat he burned. If he'd kept himself at an average level of body fat, he'd only have enough fuel for a few minor tricks, or risk damaging himself by going for more powerful acts.
>>
>>89292936
That's actually a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>89291118
It makes me feel so fucking good knowing that the person who wrote this had to watch Trump being sworn in today.
>>
>>89293048
Being 14 is fun, huh?
>>
>>89291007
Is he eating a bowl of butter?
>>
>>89293085
Not him but had Hillary been sworn in the Left would be just as gleeful as he is right now. That comic is tasteless, and hurts womens images in art. The writer should be fired, blacklisted, and blocked from ever writing again it was that bad.
>>
>>89291007
>write a typical normal superhero
>then simply draw him fat
>>
>>89291007
A comic about the blob becoming a good guy and trying to find a way to lose weight, thinking he could be accepted as a good guy more easily if he was fit, it could be part making fun of weight loss part serious look at what persons self image plays on the psyche
>>
Id make like the hulk. A skinny guy gets trigger and becomes fat and eats things. The fatter he gets the better he gets at eating. Low forms could eat wood. Higher up fatness eats metals. Eventually able to eat lava, even stars or thors hammer.

Also he'd be half black half asian, bisexual left handed and normally when not in his fat form a vegan.
>>
>>89293429
Oddly specific, self insert?
>>
>>89293238
Except for the Sanders people
>>
>>89291007
Basically make the character Charles Xavier but morbidly obese and house bound. His body is frail, weak and inadequate but his mind is his power.

Have him connected to other people's minds, using astral projection, shit like that. He could be hauled up in a warehouse and never leave it...Maybe take it further and have him on life support due to the enormous strain that using his power takes.
>>
>>89292701
Pig god is a minor caracter so he just gets awesome moments but no arc(so far at least), in the webcomic the hero asosiation is seen as inneficient or corrupt and its existence is in danger for it, a new hero asociation called "Neo Heroes"(at least its called that in the translation) its about to make its debute and MIGHT be setting up to a marvel civil war type event, a good one.

The redrawn manga is in a turnament arc (a boring one in my opinion) and a monster asociation showed themselves and openlly attacked all heroes and stomped and almost everyone, that part its good becouse they showed a few S class heroes in action, they were cool as fuck, murata, thank god, its shitting 25 pages every 2 weeks so this might end fast, next update its 43 pages long and it comes out the 30th.
>>
>>89293801
Murata is doing this because season 2 of the anime is going to adapt all of this instead of the Garou arc, God knows what for. And I really can't bear the tournament arc, but the rest is good.
>>
File: hebie.jpg (14KB, 191x264px) Image search: [Google]
hebie.jpg
14KB, 191x264px
we had that with Herbie Popnecker
>>
>>89293797
>astral projection
Would it be fat like him. Because the ghostly figure of a morbidly obese man floating around sounds hilarious.
>>
File: 645add79fc3cfa9194a144d3a44a3745.jpg (276KB, 1092x1600px) Image search: [Google]
645add79fc3cfa9194a144d3a44a3745.jpg
276KB, 1092x1600px
Literally thr most powerful being in existance
>>
>>89291007
have them be realistially fat, and have it not be commented on, anymore than anyother facet of their character
>>
>>89293048
>Had to
You can just not turn on the TV anon, it's not that hard
>>
>>89293797
Wasn't that basically the idea for Dr. Y of /co/'s Mediocre X-Men team?
>>
>>89293801
Thanks, sounds really interesting. Will have to check it out, though Mr Doodle still irks me with his artstyle. Have a great day.
>>
>>89291007
If you're talking uber super fat, unable to move fat then that's just not some thing a super hero would willingly let them selves come to.
So make the fat a curse.
A man who bears willingly bears a curse or something that renders his body fat and globular.
And if he didn't the world would explode or some shit.
>>
>>89291007
psychic, long range
>>
File: 3876195-rescuse+jack+1.jpg (2MB, 1920x2951px) Image search: [Google]
3876195-rescuse+jack+1.jpg
2MB, 1920x2951px
>>89291019
First post. Best post.

I was going to say something about him needing to turn into someone else, but then I remembered Rescue Jack.
>>
>>89294031
One's art inproves a lot as it goes on, its still doodle country but everything else is awesome, i wish i wasnt on my phone to show you(computer die on me a month ago)
>>
>>89291007
A mastermind hero who works behind the scenes, possibly overseeing heroic minions or a team of people who come together to follow his commands. Possibly someone independently wealthy or a facilitator who sets heroes up in lawful temp jobs like protecting cargo or passenger airliners. You could even do a play on the weight by calling him "The Middleman."
>>
>>89294601
Mr. E from Mystery Inc was kind of this, he was almost a villain but he was cool.
>>
File: 231689-197972-bouncing-boy.jpg (18KB, 271x425px) Image search: [Google]
231689-197972-bouncing-boy.jpg
18KB, 271x425px
>>89291007
I thought first season of LSH did a pretty good job of that. Too bad WB said 'no fat team leaders'
>>
>>89291007
hacker?
>>
>>89291007
He's got a suit that siphons fat for its power. In order to use it, he needs to be fat, but the longer he stays fat, the worse his health gets, so he has to defeat the BBEG before he dies.
>>
>>89291007
Six-pack and Bueno Excellente
>>
>>89291237
Underrated
>>
>>89291105
What a fat fuck
>>
>>89291007
Is coop from Megas cheating?
>>
>>89291007
That's not really Boogie is it?
>>
>>89291329
Did a fat person hurt you?
>>
>>89297350
He's probably gotten fatter by now
>>
>>89293963
You know they'd be watching anyways.
People are masochistic like that.
>>
>>89291329
Self hate is the first step to suicide.
>>
>>89291007
Alan Moore did it with watchmen
>>
Make hero fat.
Write them as you would any other hero.
Done.
>>
>>89297457
He's actually started working out alot and got married and had a son.
>>
>>89299070
>he's actually started working out a lot
No he didn't, he continues to get professionals who volunteers to help him who he then turns down. Also he's clearly a bad influence on his wife who's constantly getting fatter too now.
>>
>>89291007
I wouldn't. Fatties are as inhuman as "people" under 6'0''.
>>
>>89291007
DOCTOR ROBOTNIK LOOKIN'
>>
>>89291007
Big Bertha of the Great Lakes Avengers?
>>
>>89291118

>tfw got one of those free faith comics at NYCC

So she's tumblr the comic or what?
>>
Sentry
>>
>>89291224
You could make them psychic & have them float around
>>
>>89291007
Powers related to size and/or weight.
>>
Classic strong men / women aren't the ripped bodybuilder shape, often they look how many would consider fat. But what it is is a thin to regular layer of fat over muscle. So I'd either have them be super strong and not look it, or they have mental powers so great they've basically abandoned their body, but require massive amounts of calories in order to have energy to do all kinds of fucked up mind shit and flipping cars and whatever.
>>
>>89291007
Depends on how fat.
I mean I could picture maybe a thick superheroine.

For a hero though without pushing fat acceptance he would be slowly eating right and working out, probably in a somewhat comic absurd superhero way.
Just realized that character already happened and it was Mr.Incredible.
Eventually he stops being so fat and that no longer makes him a fat superhero.

Ideally it would be a fat kid so they aren't as repugnant.
Maybe just Mob Psycho 100 but with a fat kid.
>>
>>89291260
Weathered kingpin looks cool.
Fits his character.
>>
>>89291348
Looks like Josh Peck
>>
File: rufus-select.jpg (85KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
rufus-select.jpg
85KB, 700x700px
Something like pic related would be the only way.
>>
http://wildcards.wikia.com/wiki/Bubbles
Bubbles can absorb any kind of energy directed against her and transform it into fat tissue. She can then release this stored energy at will in the form of energy bubbles. She can control the density of these bubbles making them as soft as soap bubbles or hard enough to hurt people and load them with enough energy to burst upon contact with people or things. There is a limit to how fat Bubbles gets when absorbing energy, when she reaches this limit she will stay the same size but instead get more dense the more energy she absorbs
>>
>>89291309
>a walking fat joke
>Gets the girl with the chubby fetish and the ability handle said fetish

Riiight
>>
>>89291007
Cannibal Man!
>>
>>89291007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjh1mhtxDng
A telekinetic does not need to be fit. Making have a power that does not necessite being fit.
>>
>>89291210
The Legion cartoon made him kinda cool, though.
>>
Something like Doc Ock where the character has some other aspect that makes them a threat despite their size.
>>
He's an alien. You know, one of those aliens that have superpowers and look almost exactly like humans.

He'd have a fangirl/hanger on, who's fat and would tell people that him being fat helped her to accept who she is and that she's perfect just the way she is, despite her size.

She'd eventually meet him and tell him this, only for him to tell her that she should loose weight and drop down to a healthy size. She'd stammer out a "Buttt... but... butt... you... your..."
He'd cut her off and tell her that by the standards of his race (both in terms of average body size and healthy weight) he's actually considered slightly under-weight, where as by human standards she's obese and should loose weight, or else she'll suffer massive health problems in the future.
>>
>>89291144
This. Just because you are fat doesn't mean you are weakass.

Or make them sumo.
>>
>>89300661
>Rufus

You know? I love it when Japan does fat people in their games.

>Include fat guy
>Is ridiculously fast
>Matches the fittest characters in sheer speed and agility
>>
>>89299070
>He's actually started working out
Wouldn't working out do more harm than good at this point? Like, his joints would get fucked up, or something.
>>
>>89291007
Just making a heft super strong guy, his large size would simply make him more intimidating. Not making a 'StrongFat' joke of it but just having him be a strong guy who's pretty porky.
>>
>>89292305
>hes also somewhat strong and tank a lot of damage
EVERYONE in that comic is "somewhat strong and tank a lot of damage", its boring as fuck.

There's like a handful of people in the entire series that actually have superpowers other than being generically strong, its boring as hell.
>>
File: cropped-mr-incredible.jpg (119KB, 1500x512px) Image search: [Google]
cropped-mr-incredible.jpg
119KB, 1500x512px
Sup?
>>
>>89291007

Make a superhero who is desperately trying NOT to be fan, and is trying to lose the flab.
>>
Why is he still fat if he's been on a diet for over 6 years?
>>
>>89303211

consumes more calories than he uses per day
>>
>>89303056

He drank evil natural water and it pirced his belly from the inside and he didnt even cared and walked off to a fast food joint, and before that he absorbed a punch from monster garou like it was nothing, i say thats above average for an s class.

>There's like a handful of people in the entire series that actually have superpowers other than being generically strong, its boring as hell.

He fights his oponents by eating them alive, i agree a lot of them are just bland really strong guys but this case in particular isnt.
>>
>>89303211
Has he ever said how much weight he lost over the years?
>>
>>89291144
Best answer.
>>
>>89303094
He did loose weight later on.
>>
File: Ch ji_timeskip.png (185KB, 600x802px) Image search: [Google]
Ch ji_timeskip.png
185KB, 600x802px
>>89302369
Anime fat dudes are great

>Literally one giant fat joke
>Is one of the more beloved side characters because of bromance
>Also his fatness=his power
>>
File: 1477739695117m.jpg (94KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
1477739695117m.jpg
94KB, 1024x682px
>>89291940
Ftfy
>>
File: ZA WARIO.jpg (95KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
ZA WARIO.jpg
95KB, 600x800px
A good fat hero needs to play up his attitude.
Honestly fat heroes need to be borderline anti heroes.
Stout strength, big appetites, destructive behavior, make for entertaining characters.
To make an endearing fat hero, their attitude needs to carry the character more than their appearance.

Coop is probably the best, but pic related comes to mind.
>>
>>89291007
Show them struggling with their weight, but not in a comical manner. I don't see how that's hard.
More impotrantly than how, why?
>>
>>89291007
My idea:

>GOMAD-Man
>>
File: tank-abbot.jpg (55KB, 364x398px) Image search: [Google]
tank-abbot.jpg
55KB, 364x398px
Make him strong and scary fat instead of lazy fatass
>>
>>89291007
He will lose against low tier villains and he will realise that he needs to improve his condition. So, I will make him a hard worker and, in the end or after a good couple of issues at least, slim because he improves herself by pure will.
>>
File: 1484803178549.jpg (544KB, 1562x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1484803178549.jpg
544KB, 1562x2048px
making him cool as Caesar and his waifu.
>>
>>89305213
From where are they?
>>
File: 1484803314803.jpg (205KB, 839x600px) Image search: [Google]
1484803314803.jpg
205KB, 839x600px
>>89305213
fate/grand order
>>
>>89303601
Which is precisely what happens when you go from a sedentary lifestyle to an active one.
>>
>>89291542
>a threesome every single night
heavenly

>>89291866
I don't get it either. and those landwhales are pushing for acceptance.
>>
>>89291007

The only way would be to treat it with utter seriousness as a tragic, life-destroying thing.

Treating it as just another facet of the character and not commenting on it would still be pushing a fat acceptance agenda. That's what acceptance means.
>>
>>89291866
>>89291940
He apparently shits in his pants regularly and makes his wife act as his personal nurse.
>>
>>89291118
Her dating Archer is fat acceptance. Also that no one tries to help her lose weight or even mentions the elephant in the room.
>>
>>89303856
>mixingtense.jpg
>>
>>89291007
Look at his fucking pants. I bet his dick is so buried his wife has to peg him for him to get off.
>>
>>89300159
Josh was based on him, clearly.
>>
he really let himself go since he broke his xbox
>>
>>89291007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhOB74s2mGM
>>
He must know that he's going to only live half as long at most as everyone else right? He cries about it being hard to lose weight, but christ its literally life or death (at any moment), as motivation goes that ought to count for something.
>>
>>89291007
This fat fuck can't have much time left.
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.