[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Most anti-climactic moments in all of cartoons and comi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: father_knd.png (107KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
father_knd.png
107KB, 480x360px
ITT: Most anti-climactic moments in all of cartoons and comics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM-xmgAB2Pk
>>
>>89288120
Katara vs Azula
>>
I'm going to be mad about this fake-out for as long as I fucking live, I swear to god. This could have been THE definitive moment for Father, to bring back all the respect and impressiveness he lost over the series, but instead they went with a cheap joke that doesn't nearly satisfy the buildup to a Father/Grandfather fight the movie had been hinting at the entire time.
>>
>>89288217
agreed, main reason I've never bothered rewatching that movie(and honestly it kinda soured me on the last season of KND as well) despite it otherwise being pretty good
>>
Dammit, that was the biggest blue balls in the history of cartoons.

Has anyone asked Warburton why he decided to pull that?
>>
This thread makes me realize how incredible Father's design is. The flaming silhouette with the pipe is such a good, simple design for a villain, but works perfectly for what the show is.

Father represents how kids see their dads when they're angry, but then we see that he's just a person like everybody else. Maybe a bit lame, but it totally works thematically.
>>
>>89288391
I guess the reason was so Monty would have something to do.
>>
We talked about this in a KND thread:

it's supposed to be anticlimatic, and it follows the theme of adults vs kids from the show - think about it. Father grows up to be even more powerful than grandafther, yet he was so damaged by his childhod that he didn't have it in him to fight back.

He's what KND were made to prevent: beyond being evil, he's effectively subservient to his elders.
>>
File: 1402421078126.jpg (74KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1402421078126.jpg
74KB, 500x400px
>>89288473
>>89288481
This is too deep for me
>>
File: space_dandy_laughter.gif (529KB, 256x139px) Image search: [Google]
space_dandy_laughter.gif
529KB, 256x139px
>>89288481

Damn. That's a really long way of saying Father's a big pussy
>>
It's disappointing on one level, sure, but I understand why they did it. The whole point of Father's development is that, while he seems threatening, deep, deep down he's a coward who can't face his up to his dad. He's the perfect foil to Mr. Uno, who seems like a complete dork but is actually heroic.
>>
>>89288120
It was worth it for the chuckle.
>>
>>89288217
This. That scene pissed me off when I first saw it, especially considering Father was the best villain on the show.
>>
>>89288120
I like to think that Father would've kicked the piss out of Grandfather if he went all out.
>>
>>89293563
Right? Man, this was such a good "movie" though
>>
>we will never see Father at his full power going ham
>>
>>89288473
actually made me think
>>
>>89293563
But Grandfather was a better villain and it just proved Father is a little bitch who will never stand up to his dad
>>
>>89293692
>45 year old son beats up 70 year old father

Well, yeah obviously
>>
>>89288120
Father spooked the shit out of little me when he ripped open the icecream truck and had the demon face thing.
>>
>>89294611
>70 years old
>Can turn anyone into a zombie
>Has flight, super strength, and fire powers
>Durable enough to survive an entire station falling on his head from space
>>
File: croagunk wut.jpg (35KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
croagunk wut.jpg
35KB, 640x480px
>Father reappears in the finale
>randomly turns into a dragon
>later revealed to be the guy interviewing the grown-up sector V
>he hasn't aged
>>
>>89294589
Grandfather was cool, but Father was top tier.
>Menacing voice
>Random spurts of rage
>Almost limitless fire powers
>Still funny
>Is such a bad dude that all the villains look up to him
>Possibly the first adult to rise up against oppressive children
>>
>>
>>89288168
>Build up since season two for Azula and Zuko to clash
>Finally comes to a head
>Zuko has learned proper firebending
>Azula is more unhinged and dangerous than ever
>Thrown away as Azula pulls a bull shot and Katara has to step in and finish Azula off which of course a waterbender can easily outmatch a firebender

Zuko saving Katara doesn't even set up for a Zutara ending

That fight was literally the worst part of an otherwise fantastic finale.
>>
Didn't Father turn into a dragon?

If you're going for the LOLDEEP thing, that could represent the point when your Dad has been pushed to such a point he looks like a monster and can't be reasoned with at all
>>
>>89294589
>But Grandfather was a better villain
He was the "hyper competent and more powerful version of a recurring villain" archetype.

Those always end up getting beat by the old villain, which makes Father not fighting him more dissapointing.
>>
>>89288217
That's kind of the point though, isn't it? For how ominous and powerful he is, his past with his father cuts so deep that he can't be arsed to do anything about it, even when he could.
>>
it's the classic battle of when to play up the comedy or play up the awesome
>>
>>89294791
I just realized... what happens to his glasses when he goes into silhouette mode?
>>
>Magneto crashes the X-Men's funeral for Illyana
>Almost all the X-Men are in attendance
>Magneto brings with him his entire legion of acolytes
>OSHIT BATTLE ROYALE ALL THE X-MEN VS ALL OF MAGNETO'S ACOLYTES hHERE WE FUKKIN GO SHIT JUST GOT REAL
>wait, no, magneto just holds the x-men in place with his powers while he gloats to xavier about his acolytes and how he stole potential mutants from him
>he then teleports his acolytes away to asteroid m
>no big battle at all

still annoyed
>>
>>89294791
>tfw no awkward Christmas family dinner episode between Grandfather, Father, Monty and Nigel
>>
>>89288217
That was the entire point, though. Father can't one-up Grandfather, because his tainted childhood can't outrun him.

Catch up, /co/. Jesus.
>>
>>89288120
well, I think this would've shown that he had the power to go up to toe with him. Definitely with his brother's help.
>>
>>89288120
Defeating Bill in Gravity Falls

The wheel was built up throughout the whole series and when they brought it out it looked like it was going to be so awesome.

Then Stan gets in a fight and they just say "screw it" and use a mind eraser gun.
>>
>>89297541
>Then Stan gets in a fight
He nearly gets the world fucking destroyed over his brother being a grammar nazi
>>
>>89297541
>The wheel was built up throughout the whole series

*shown on screen like twice
>>
>>89288120
What I want to know is, are the Delightful Children his real kids? I know they're actually Kids Next Door agents that he transformed into a hive mind of well behaved evil, but were they still his kids? either way it's fucked up because it's sick to think of somebody doing that to their own children but it's also seriously fucked up if he kidnapped those kids and forced them to start acting like he's their father.
and moreover, in the negative universe the Delightful Children are a rowdy group of surfer bros that live with a good version of father called Daddy, but doesn't that mean that they used to be "delightful" before Daddy brainwashed them? What the fuck he's not good at all, he's an asshole no mater where you go.
>>
>>89299406

cant be. they are the same age as Zero who was older than Father
>>
>>89297924
It was in the last split second of the OP. The way it was presented made it look like it was gonna be more important.
>>
>>89297924
>*shown on screen like twice

Are you retarded? It wouldn't have mattered if the full wheel was shown just once, everything in the show was connected to it. That's why Bill kept calling Dipper pine tree.
>>
>>89288120

Father was a cool character. I hated when they jobbed the shit out of him.
>>
>>89288217
you missed the point, anon
>>
File: 1469816381158.jpg (62KB, 606x466px) Image search: [Google]
1469816381158.jpg
62KB, 606x466px
>>89294791
>>
>>89290564
Looking at his childhood, he ALWAYS was a pussy.

He lashes it out in children.
>>
>>89299406
>Delightful Children are a rowdy group of surfer bros that live with a good version of father called Daddy, but doesn't that mean that they used to be "delightful" before Daddy brainwashed them?

Instead of "brainwashing" them, he could have only converted them to his side.
>>
>>89302904
>>89294791
did he raped his childrens? is that why they are so weird?
>>
>>89295604
But in this case it was Father vs. Grandfather

Son vs. Dad

So it was less gay than most
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UZAewPwZiQ
>>
>>89297541
>>89297924
I think the perceived "build up" was partially due to the schedule changes and haituses(sp?) that Gravity Falls went through. In the gaps between episodes fans created a mountain of what they thought would happen, or what they wanted to happen. So in the end the finale could never live up to the fan's expectations.
>>
>>89294664
and?
>>
>>89299571
Did they ever say that? Sector Z knew him but I don't recall Numbuh Zero saying that he knew them, only that he knew that they were Kids Next Door agents. And if they really are that old then that means Father delightful kids older than him and forced them to call him Father, there isn't an outcome to this that isn't fucking weird.
>>
>>89288120
I love how Grandfather and Monty react. Both of their eyes go wide, and Monty starts backing off, like they know Grandfather's fucked.
>>
>>89297924
No, through out the show and in every intro.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.