[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody explain me why the hell Namor was on the X-Men side

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: avx8658.jpg (184KB, 658x370px) Image search: [Google]
avx8658.jpg
184KB, 658x370px
Can somebody explain me why the hell Namor was on the X-Men side during Avengers vs X-Men?

I mean, I know he is a mutant, but why the fuck did he even join them and fought a fight that, let's be honest, wasn't his?

He, the ruler of Atlantis, goes to Utopia and says "Now I am a member of your team. Accept me.". I mean, what the fuck is this shit!? Couldn't they have put another mutan!? A mutant more connected to the X-Men TO BE ONE OF THE HOSTS OF THE PHOENIX FORCE!?

Namor is fucking autistic
>>
>>89284463
I think at that point Atlantis was dead, again or some shit. That's why he went to Utopia during Dark Reign at least.
Also, it gave him an opportunity to flood Wakanda again.
Also, shitty writing.
>>
'Cause he is the Vegeta of MU and AvsX is a great shit.
>>
>>89284513
>I think at that point Atlantis was dead, again
Atlantis was underneath Utopia. The Atlanteans and the Mutants had an alliance.
>>
>>89284463
He got bored.
>>
>>89284513
I understand him giving support to the X-Men, but not fighting the Avengers side by side with them and becoming one of the Phoenix's hosts
>>
>>89284513
>Flooding a nation of black people
The ultimate form of attack!
>>
>>89284533
>Atlantis was underneath Utopia
Atlantis was in the bay of San Francisco?
Really? That's not even in the Atlantic ocean.
>>
File: touch.jpg (266KB, 800x1205px) Image search: [Google]
touch.jpg
266KB, 800x1205px
Because this.
>>
>>89284766
Why did Marvel turn him into an autistic fuck?
>>
>>89284463
Matt Fraction and Kieron Gillen really liked Namor so they had him join the X-Men. Namor's past now includes an affair with Emma Frost back during her Hellfire Club days. Which culminated in a scene during AvX where Emma and Namor had psychic sex.
>>
>>89284904
>turn
he's always been tetchy. Right back to WWII.

John Byrne gave a canon reason in the 90s and blamed his hybrid physiology. Can't get enough air into half-human/half-Atlantean brain. Racemixing is bad, kids.

If we disregard that and just look at the pre-Byrne stuff, I'd say he's got nothing to be calm about. Dude's a magnet for tragedy. He's been treated like an outsider since he was a kid, lives in humankind's toilet, oversees a kingdom corrupt & wartorn enough to rival the Gaza Strip, has seen that kingdom crumble too many times to count, has been backstabbed by at least 3 court confidants, won't even be able to have kids given his hybrid 'nads (although post-Byrne writers ignored that one), not to mention his proclivity for getting dragged through ultrashitty situations. e.g. Living as an amnesiac street bum for several decades, accidentally committing interstellar genocide.

And that was all off-the-top-of-my-head to preface the most of all, anyone around him who offers the slightest relief from this waking nightmare tends to get killed. Seriously I don't know what the "getting loved ones killed" record is but Namor's gotta be in contention. At least 3 he cradled in his arms as they took their dying breath. Another one he had to murder personally.
>>
>>89284463
Piotr
Emma
Namor
Illyana
Scott

I guess he was the only "N" mutant available on short notice.
>>
>>89284463
Because he knew thoes people can't swim
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.