[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm curious, what does /co/ think of Doug? I honestly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (30KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 300x441px
I'm curious, what does /co/ think of Doug?

I honestly found its plots, and characters bland. I do like the artstyle for this laidback type of show, but all in all, to me it was just rocket power without the forced 90s/early 2000s XTREME! Thing going on, basically just mad boring.
>>
You know, after thinking about it I really don't know what to say about Doug. There isn't anything that really stands out about it, the closest thing you can get to a character being memorable is Mr. Dink, and even then he was just kind of in the background most of the time.

There weren't any "notorious" episodes, there weren't any waifus for /co/ to latch on to, the music was unique but ultimately forgettable, and the art was average. But despite all this, it wasn't necessarily "bad". It just occupied space, and I'm not sure if that's better or worse than being objectively terrible.
>>
would sit on mr dink's dick/10
>>
i thought he was in early high school for the longest time. turns out he was 11, who know.
>>
File: Doug_artwork.jpg (501KB, 1111x744px) Image search: [Google]
Doug_artwork.jpg
501KB, 1111x744px
Great voice acting, great comedic timing, great writing.

Doug was sometimes petty, painfully average, dull, jealous, and a coward. But he had his moments of bravery, honesty, integrity and helpfulness. He sometimes stood up for himself and others and had the courage to tell the girl of his dreams how he felt.

He had moments of glory but those were few. His many moments of public embarrassment and almost endless social faux pas made those few shining moments all the more special and meaningful. He also had a few normal kid hobbies and an active imagination. He was a bit of a pessimist and pretty self conscious.

It was my favorite nickelodeon show and I could actually relate to the main character. I didn't care for the disney version and as far as I care it doesn't exist.
>>
oh yea and sfv sucks lmaooo
>>
https://youtu.be/Vqri4Lvf-4s

Y U M Y U M E A T E M U P
>>
>>89282492
It helped pave the way for better slice-of-life cartoons in the 90's like Hey Arnold.
>>
I identified with Doug a lot when it was on - social awkward, usually lost in daydreaming, bullied and pining for girls who didn't know I was there.

I don't know how well it holds up now, but as cringey as I was back in the day, Doug was there to be cringey with me.
>>
>>89283300
oh my fucking gawd my childhood ruined it
>>
File: doug button.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
doug button.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>89282492
I've been looking for an animated episode of Nick Arcade with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Judy was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

since he lost, he was deleted from the show. as in, completely deleted. it was like when a film strip catches on fire. I was scared that he would be deleted from his own show as well, but luckily there were different animators and he did not disappear from Doug like he did Nick Arcade. it was quite haunting though, and I can still hear his screams when I close my eyes.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.
>>
I always thought Roger was a fucking annoying little shit. He talked to *everybody* in the most nasally voice; nobody would want him around in real life. And despite him (supposedly?) being a good athlete he got dropped --with one punch-- from a chubby girl whom he'd tried to humiliate at a party and it fucking hurt him to where he had to stagger outside of the house and sit down and moan about it.

What I'm getting at is that nobody in real life would be afraid of him or be willing to put up with his shit after a couple of these humiliations. He'd be laughed out of town or just flat out ignored, so I never saw why Doug considered him a credible threat.
>>
File: pork chop.png (299KB, 624x624px) Image search: [Google]
pork chop.png
299KB, 624x624px
>>
File: youreterrible.png (52KB, 1800x350px) Image search: [Google]
youreterrible.png
52KB, 1800x350px
>>89288708
>>
File: IMG_1155.jpg (137KB, 461x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1155.jpg
137KB, 461x600px
>>
Ok I'll post the story

>As for Patti, Jinkins envisions she and Doug reconnect in much the same way he did with his past sweetheart:

“It’s my ten-year reunion, and I didn’t go. I was in New York working like crazy as a freelancer and just trying to make it there. And I got a phone call in New York and it’s Patti. The real Patti. And my heart’s beating fast. She’s like, ‘I was at the reunion! You weren’t!’ and I was like, ‘Yeah…sorry…I had to work.’ And she goes, ‘I found out you live in New York. Guess what—I do, too!’ And she told me where she lives. We lived across Central Park from each other. And she says, ‘Why don’t you come over for dinner?’

So now we’re in a Doug show. I’m like, what do I wear? What will she look like!? All that’s happening as I’m walking across Central Park to her apartment, just wondering and just hoping, all those things. I was, at the time, very available.

I get to the door, and you get buzzed up in New York, and so I walk up to the apartment and I hear the lock turn—it’s getting ready to happen—and she opens the door, and she’s perfect. Just perfect. She just looks spectacular and she’s so happy, and her arms fly up and we hug, and I’m just like [frightened guttural gasping noises]. She backs up and she goes ‘Look, Jimmy! Boobs! I got my boobs!’ [Laughs.] It sounds like I’m making this up, right? And I’m like, ‘Yeah… yeah, uh huh!’ ‘Yeah, they always used to call me Flatty Patti, but look!’ And she was just funny and fun and innocent, but it’s like Doug and Patti together again, ten years later, right?

So this is all wonderful, right? And then she wheels and goes, ‘Oh, Jimmy, I want you to meet my husband.’”
>>
File: IMG_1153.jpg (101KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1153.jpg
101KB, 502x600px
l>>89282598
>There weren't any "notorious" episodes
what about the comics? don't you remember the issue where Doug raped Patti and later he forced her to get a back alley abortion? some dark stuff there
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.