[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would it take for a human resistance to have a chance against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 545
Thread images: 78

File: 23987459235.png (338KB, 850x474px) Image search: [Google]
23987459235.png
338KB, 850x474px
What would it take for a human resistance to have a chance against Homeworld? I think the only big issue is their ships, but it seems they would much rather go toe-to-toe instead of blasting the planet that has resources they want. What do you think?
>>
>>89264722
>What would it take for a human resistance to have a chance against Homeworld?
For Homeworld to stop caring about Earth.
>>
>>89264745
So much for human spirit.
>>89264722
Modern technology as it is can already stop a gem force with realative ease, but if we had the zapper jasper used and the breaking point we'd be even better off. Not sure what we could do against the ships though considering Rose's Light Cannon did jack shit against one.
>>
>>89264722
For the US government to give a rat's ass about a beach location.

Seriously, gems are absolutely fucked against humanity's armies. Shit, even a fucking above average intelligent chemist would figure out what materials the enemies are and corrode them out of existence.
>>
>>89264722
They're pretty easy. The whole race is perceptible to sound and vibration weapons.
>>
0 chance.
Gems are retarded but stupidly and illogically strong.

Retard strength in alien form.
>>
>>89265577
What song would you blast out of a sound canon to save your country from the gem invasion?
>>
>>89264722
None, they can just bomb our armies from orbit while we cant touch them.

In a grounded war I doubt our tanks could kill Jaspers since Jasper is really fucking durable(ignore the Peridot bullshit) meaning we would need lots of artillery to take out their military fodders.

Things like Lapis is gameover since one alone can turn the ocean into a weapon of mass destruction.
>>
>>89265577
Really? I don't remember them being susceptible to sound. What episode was this?
>>
>>89265820
>(ignore the Peridot bullshit)
>ignore the point that makes this an obsolete statement.

>Things like Lapis is gameover since one alone can turn the ocean into a weapon of mass destruction.
You mean the Lapis that was poofed from being punched? If a Lapis ever attempted to drain the ocean from above, we could always just ram a jet into her.
>>
File: Barbatos_1st_Form_Front_Color.png (165KB, 288x569px) Image search: [Google]
Barbatos_1st_Form_Front_Color.png
165KB, 288x569px
We need giant robots.
>>
>>89264722
Gems are retards, specially at war, humans in the show are also retards AND cowards, so humans in the show are fucked.

Real humans with non retard gems (as in they act like they know what they're doing) would lose before they even know they're in danger.

Same with SU humans vs non retard gems.

Real world humans vs retard gems could in fact repel them on their own, they most like dont understand war like we do and most likely arent used to time the way we do so battles wont be as often (or else the 1000 year war would've a dead count on the billions). Gem tech is impresive but thats not how they do war, and if they havent changed in all of those years then they're not going to change anytime soon. The light canon not working on the ship is most likely something very specific to nullify light atacks and MIGHT go down with enough punishment, unless it runs on bullshit magic that makes it so that a nuclear warhead does jackshit, and even then i would still put my money on humans.
>>
>>89265979
>Giant robots shouldn't fight!
Only time I didn't believe in Steven.
>>
File: 1473916307536.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1473916307536.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
Can I just use this as an opportunity to say I hate the trope where aliens/magic beings/kaiju/whatever, just straight up no sells everything normal humans could throw at them, most of the time including nukes.

Its just such a cheap way of making things threatening, and it mostly just indicates that the plot is running on bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_0656.png (128KB, 565x270px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0656.png
128KB, 565x270px
They'd need a weapon like the RYNO V.

Well that or a sonic weapon that can key into the resonant frequency of a Gem's gemstone and shatter them from a distance
>>
>>89264910
All it takes is one planet cracker, anon. They are at least a tier 2 civilization. Humanity simply cannot compete with a civilization a full tier above them no matter the Independence Day shit that one dreams about pulling off.
>>
>>89266137
I think that it comes from an idea that an enemy should be portrayed strong so that the protagonist could overcome the odds and win. When you portray the enemy as weak, you lessen the impact of the protagonist's victory.
>>
>>89266182
Why did you need to spoiler that?
>>
>>89265900
In the very same episode Jasper collapses A FUCKING CLIFF by hitting it and moves afterwards like nothing happened. The metal thing poofing her is inconsistent PLOT INDUCED STUPIDITY.
>>
>>89266199
>All it takes is one planet cracker, anon.
One they wouldn't use initially as they want the planet for resources. Disregarding that however, the opening statement was what would it take, not how it could be done.

>>89266235
In a different thread an anon pointed out the possibility that gems might be resistant to force inducing attacks, but weak to penetrating ones.
>>
>>89266137
Nanoscience can easily engineer material that is immune to nukes because nanotechnology can affects matter on a level which explains HOW OBJECTS CAN BE BROKEN OR DESTROYED, by simply creating artificial particle structures with a higher resistance you can make something as light as paper still indestructable to the force of a nuclear warhead.
>>
>>89265872

Monster Reunion, Cetipeedle pokken s the weapon that the Diamonds used to corrupt Earth's Gems as a song.

And now you have VERY uncomfortable thoughts about Jasper's "Stop singing!" line from Jailbreak forming in your head.
>>
>>89266277
So it's a magic song?
>>
>>89266267
>might be resistant to force inducing attacks, but weak to penetrating ones.
Its all the same thing anon kinetic energy.

Also Jasper no sells Ameythst's whips that can destroy FUCKING TRASH CANS WITH A CASUAL SWING, thats far more force than any gun on earth. Lets not get started on how durable the fucking fusions are.
>>
File: Juzo_Kabuto.png (82KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Juzo_Kabuto.png
82KB, 300x300px
>>89266052
One day we will all understand, a giant robot is the manifestation of humankind's struggle.
To become GOD or... the DEVIL.
>>
File: IMG_0098.jpg (50KB, 258x254px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0098.jpg
50KB, 258x254px
>>89266226

Because I know a few people that are only here to scan the thread for ways to protect their worthless rocks.
>>
>>89264722
Better than you might expect.

Gems have been shown to survive large blunt impacts, such as a high speed fall, but smaller piercing attacks, such as the training sword, can pierce them and destroy their hard light bodies. The gems themselves are also not incredibly durable; Amethyst's was cracked by falling on a rock at no less than terminal velocity.
I suspect their durability to wide impacts over more focused pressure is because gems are adapted to high-G space travel, but aren't actually adapted to war.
With this evidence, we can assume they can be harmed by conventional weaponry.

It's hard to gauge a Gem's exact combat ability compared to a human due to the fact we haven't seen an expert fight seriously, but it's notable that Pearl, the CG's dedicated fencer, was put on her toes by a 12 year old girl with only a few weeks of training, so it's not inconceivable that a well trained human or group of humans can overcome a Gem in CQC, especially if better equipment is developed.
The Gem's specialized weapons, while powerful, to almost always be melee, putting them at a severe disadvantage because modern humanity prefers ranged combat in the first place.

Moreover, Gems are just plain awful at battle strategies. They clearly rely too heavily on overpowered war machines and don't seem to have experience with combat against anything that can put up a fight. This is why we've only seen one soldier, an engineer, and half a dozen retards come in to even maybe try to apprehend the group of Gems that killed one of their world leaders. An Earth invasion would be MAYBE a few dozen assorted gems.

And while Gem tech is undeniably advanced, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for humanity to steal and reverse engineer it.

The only issue is that I'm applying this logic to real humanity; humans in SU are somehow more incompetent than the Gems themselves.
>>
>>89266342
Yes, but why did you spoiler that?
>>
>>89266362
>Amethyst's was cracked by falling on a rock at no less than terminal velocity
Plot induced stupidity, Ameythst was thrown indirectly into the Redeye and got up like nothing happened, thats far more impact than falling on a rock from hundreds of feet.
>>
>>89266321
>Its all the same thing anon kinetic energy.
not great on science, but the kinetic energy would be dispersed in a force induced as opposed to penetrating, thus making it weaker.

> far more force than any gun on earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F-_jVlDxp4
Doesn't take much to pull a trigger.
>>
>>89266204
True, but to me there's many was to make a villain threatening without resorting to playground "I have an anti-everything forcefield and a kill everything gun". And to me it kinda cheapens the protagonists victory because most of the time in these cases they rightfully loose and the author has to save their ass.

>>89266271
I'm not taking about the possibility of these things on a scientific level. Only how cheap they are on a storytelling level.
>>
>>89266362
>humans in SU are somehow more incompetent than the Gems themselves.

That's probably due to curiosity being stunted in a majority of SU's human population.

>>89266309

I wouldn't describe it as "magic" in the traditional sense, but it clearly does something to a Gem's state of mind when they're exposed to it.
>>
>>89266271
>Nanomachines, son!

You better be the greatest alien scientist from ten thousand years in the future or else im going to say you pulled that one out of your ass.
>>
>>89266362
>The Gem's specialized weapons, while powerful, to almost always be melee, putting them at a severe disadvantage because modern humanity prefers ranged combat in the first place.

Completely ignoring their ability to fuse to embiggen their range and destructive potential
>>
>>89266415
Anon the garbage cans Im talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA8mh-Pe8WM
>>
>>89266362
They can see the future and have time travel magic.

This is OP in a war.
>>
File: 1482282771385.jpg (280KB, 911x575px) Image search: [Google]
1482282771385.jpg
280KB, 911x575px
>>89265779
https://youtu.be/U1mlCPMYtPk
I am fully erect
>>
>>89266481
Yeah and the one I posted was a simple rifle. We have more powerful guns out their anon.
>>
>>89266450
Humans today already have made simple nanomachines meaning ayys 400 years ahead from us would be well tuned in nanoscience, the gems are thousands of years ahead of us due to how advanced their technology is THAT IT APPEARS TO BE MAGIC.
>>
>>89265900
>You mean the Lapis that was poofed from being punched?

Good luck trying to find something of the size of a teenage girl that might be on any place OF THE FUI KING PLANET.

She just need to remove Earth's water for 3 days to the entire Earth forces to be fucked.
>>
>>89266462
For whatever reason, Fusion is heavily frowned upon by Homeworld Gems. It would be pretty bad if they did, but they would only do it if they were desperate.

This can be circumvented by either targeting loners or simply killing them quickly with a coordinated strike, before they can fuse.
>>
>>89266510
Ameythst is stronger than any gun on earth.
>>
>>89266462
The only fusion we've seen is the cannon fodder, who's to say the bigger units would fuse? Cross-gem fusion is just an earth thing, don't you remember the courts reaction to garnet? I'd also like to point out that the jasper we've seen is canonically far above average. Do any of you even watch the show?
>>
>>89266569
>Fusion is heavily frowned upon by Homeworld Gems.
It's not.
>>
>>89266569
Gems fuse without problem with gems of the same type and caste.
>>
>>89266569
>Fusion is heavily frowned upon by Homeworld Gems
Cross Fusion is frowned upon.
>>
One Jasper is already on par with a a kiloton bomb in terms of destructive capacity based on her destroying a cliff casually. Now just imagine how unstoppable a fusion of 200 Jaspers would be.
>>
>>89266621
We haven't seen any bigger units fuse though, it's always just the lil guys
>>
>>89266662
>One Jasper is already on par with a a kiloton bomb in terms of destructive capacity based on her destroying a cliff casually.
wat
>>
>>89266567
>good luck trying to find a gem literally draining your ocean while you are in a war with said gem's world
You're hilarious, and Lapis needs to be near the water in order to control it.

>>89266594
You are hilarious. It seems a lot of people here need to brush up on modern technology. I'm not saying we have the greatest of chances, but you are all severely underestimating actual capabilities of the weapons we have today.
>>
>>89266491
First song that came to my mind actually.
>>
>>89266669
We saw holographs of giant Quartz when Garnet described the war.
>>
File: 1429303195276.jpg (22KB, 410x227px) Image search: [Google]
1429303195276.jpg
22KB, 410x227px
>>89266594
Say that to my obrez fucker not online.
>>
>>89266662
She's the perfect jasper though. Peridot went on and on about how great her exit hole was. That means she is the Aryan master race of Jaspers, let alone other gems. Most of the other Jaspers are probably really shitty
>>
>>89266709
Gun anon Ameythst is like a missile that can walk and attack all the time based on how much force her whips can dish out casually. Ameythst would kill a blue whale by just punching it once because thats how much force she can dish out casually. Since AMEYTHST IS SUPPOSED TO BE DEFORMED FODDER GEM THATS SHOW US HOW FUCKING POWERFUL THE REGULAR AMEYTHSTS LIKE THE ONES IN THE ZOO ARE COMPARED TO HER.
>>
>>89266709
>You're hilarious, and Lapis needs to be near the water in order to control it.

Nigga.

How do you think that someone will find a teenage girl in the middle of the ocean.

Really.

How?

People needed years to find fucking Bin Laden.

Lapis could just hide on a submarine cave on the middle of the ocean.
>>
File: IMG_0657.png (303KB, 532x685px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.png
303KB, 532x685px
Simple, we find lifeforms that Gems can't defend themselves from and use them as weapons.
>>
>>89266709
Once gems have something that can no sell up to 400 megatons we cant do jackshit to them. They would also blow up every nuke we throw at them with their lasers FROM ORBIT.
>>
>>89266519
>something is possible today that means everything is possible in the future
That's not how it works
>>
>>89266137
Actually I find it more stupid when humans can do anything to harm a species high enough up the tech tree to have mastered FTL interstellar flight, I don't think most people appreciate how hard a challenge that is to overcome and that it should probably always imply near godhood
>>
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/steven-universe-respect-feats.346395/#post-20694916

Read this to see how powerful gems are individually.
>>
File: pile driver weapon.jpg (48KB, 500x353px) Image search: [Google]
pile driver weapon.jpg
48KB, 500x353px
Just give her the Pile D
>>
>>89266784
>People needed years to find fucking Bin Laden.
Maybe because Bin Laden wasn't draining the ocean.

>>89266865
I know we can't do jackshit against the ships, I was discussing the gems themselves
>>
File: earth_defense_force_2025_01.jpg (244KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
earth_defense_force_2025_01.jpg
244KB, 1280x720px
>>89266965
My nigga.
>>
File: thepowerofadeformedameythst.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
thepowerofadeformedameythst.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>89266966
More force than most missiles.
>>
>>89266519
Yeah, anon, i know, i just wanted to say "Nanomachines, son!" meme for the first time ever, sue me.
>>
>>89266966
>Maybe because Bin Laden wasn't draining the ocean.

Lapis can do it from any place on the world.

How the hell you think they will find her? Seriously speak your reasoning. What is the plan?
>>
Thunder wells & casaba howitzers, son.
>>
Peridot survived a multi ton objects falling on her and got up like nothing happened, guns and basic explosives aint doing shit to her.
>>
>>89267051
>Sand
You're going to have to do better than that

>>89267128
Radar and graphs that records shifts in ocean currents and activity. Now expand that to military use. How about you explain exactly where she is going to put the water in order to drain the Earth without us noticing it.
>>
>>89264722
The gem's only major advantage are the Saphires. Future vision may ultimately trump anything we can throw at them, even if the range is as short as they imply they could ruin any surprise attack.

Disregarding that we have a pretty good chance if we assume the SUmans have modern tech and basic competance.
>>
>>89267128

By observing ocean currents and stuff like that. If someone notices a part of the ocean and something looks a bit off, then they can assume that Lapis is knocking about somewhere in that area.
>>
>>89267185
Do you know how fucking big that sand structure is?
>>
>>89267185
>without noticing it

Man, Lapis makes two or three water towers in different places, while hidding in a fourth place.

Done.

Noticing or not doesn't matter.

If Lapis can manipulate the entire ocean, she can make a water tower away from her.
>>
>>89267212
Anon a volume of water the size of say a mountain dropped on an army would kill that army from the sheer kinetic energy, Lapis could crack continents on earth due to the sheer energy OF THE ENTIRE FUCKING OCEAN.
>>
>>89267265
Sure, but how dense is it considering it's not packed and instead held up by a gem? That we can only assume. The Twin Towers were pretty big too, doesn't mean they were hard to knock over.
>>
>>89267309
The bottom line is this is just one fodder fighter gem, not even a fusion.
>>
>>89267297
Lapis has only been shown to control water in her vicinity, unless you have evidence, you can't just say she'll make it wherever.
>>
>>89267368
>Lapis has only been shown to control water in her vicinity

The fact that she controled the water from the other side of the world to remove all of Earth's oceans.
>>
>>89267366
>they fuse
>we get more men.
I'm sure you are well versed on power-levels but do you even understand the basics of combat? There is a lot more to it than brute strength.
>>
>>89267412
What episode are you talking about?
>>
>>89265779

https://youtu.be/z5rRZdiu1UE
>>
>>89267212

QUIT. TALKING. SHIT.
>>
>>89267368
Lapis has show planetary scale water manipulation.

She was literaly on a tower on space controling strong as fuck water clone below.
>>
>>89267417
Brute strength doesnt mean shit because their power level multiples when they fuse dumbass. All it takes is about 200 Jaspers to make nukes useless on them.

Just imagine how ungodly strange a fusion of only 5 Lapis Lazulis would be.
>>
File: thankstofederal.jpg (241KB, 1200x1188px) Image search: [Google]
thankstofederal.jpg
241KB, 1200x1188px
>>89266415
>Hickock45
I want to see him ring the gong against a group of gems and win(ammunition provided by Federal of course)
>>
>>89267368
She was able to have precise control of 4-5 water clones on the drained sea bed while she was high above in outer atmosphere.
>>
>an Agate terrifies

what's so scarry about agate?
>>
>>89267508
She's part-drill sergeant, part-sadistic-schoolteacher.
>>
>>89267492
It seems that one is enough to terraform a planet, Lapis is already enough to make any huma weapon useless, she controls the whole damn ocean
>>
>>89267480
>>89267507
>She was literaly on a tower on space controling strong as fuck water clone below.
Exactly she was ON a tower. She was in proximity of water still and the clones were in proximity of the tower she was controlling. She was also doing a poor job of hiding. We could easily find her was my point.

>>89267492
Could they even control a fusion of 200 easily? We don't know the limits a fusion has before it becomes unstable. The highest number we've seen is 5 rubies who were all dumb as shit.

>>89267584
And yet she was taken out with a punch
>>
>>89267447
Her second appereance dude.
>>
Fusion is actually genius, the more gems they mass produce the more super weapons with a consiousness they can create.

The very brokenness of Fusion logically make gems impossible to defeat because as a last resort they can all fuse with eachother to become unstoppable.
>>89267608
In same caste fusions its implied they are a unified consiousness.
>>
>>89267608
>Exactly she was ON a tower.

Nigga, to make that tower she used water from the other side of the planet.
>>
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRhg2zvalXc
>>
>>89267180
But the focused pressure of Garnet's fingers on her torso poofed her. Guns will do just fine.
>>
>>89267492
>nukes
>useless
Nothing can withstand direct hit by a nuke
>>
>>89267674
She pulled it in, she didn't control it from the opposite side of the world.
>>
>>89267708
Garnet is more powerful than Ameythst anon of course she can dish out more force than a multi ton object dropping on her.
>>89267725
Except a mountain.
>>
File: Owl_Quinque_Firing_mode.png (212KB, 805x733px) Image search: [Google]
Owl_Quinque_Firing_mode.png
212KB, 805x733px
>Not beating up individual gems so they poof and taking their gems to stuff into weapons to give to actually competent people
>>
Gem technology is thousands of years ahead of earth's. It's laughable that people here think earth could stand a chance. If they wanted they'd just send a couple hundred red eyes or shooting stars and blow up the planet.
>>
>>89267766
>The weapons turn on you
Wow.
>>
>>89264722

>Lapis funnels all of water into orbit dooming earth

>Earth literally gets fingerbanged by giant gem ships from orbit

>unstoppable mutant gems unleashed on the ground to destroy the stragglers

>or simply make another Cluster

Magic science > normal science
>>
>>89265900
>You mean the Lapis that was poofed from being punched?
Bruh. A Ruby ship can go from way out in space to earth's surface in seconds. All they would need is one ship to come down over the middle of the ocean, one Lapis to step out and take away all of the water on the planet, and the earth would be done. No fighter jet or missile is fast enough to respond to warp technology.
>>
>>89267766
Why do you retards think humans could reverse engineer alien technology that is magic to us?
>>
>>89267674
That tower only got a few kilometers high. The only people on earth "missing their ocean" was Beach City, a single coast. That tower coming down was harmless even to beach city. It was a half baked plan that wasn't going to work cooked up by a scared girl who hoped her limited ability would work for what she intended if she had enough water.

Now, here is the real weakness. She has never been shown to be able to control water she wasn't at least in sight of. If she's controlling any water she is close to it.
>>
File: formation crossbone.webm (2MB, 856x480px) Image search: [Google]
formation crossbone.webm
2MB, 856x480px
>>89264722
I'm not really fond of SU right now, but I think it would be really cool if in the future it was revealed that humanity has crazy levels of technology due to studying gem-tech.

They don't interfere with Gem stuff because they have their own issues to deal with, and don't see them as a threat.
>>
>>89267872
Dude the average Gem ship can move ludicrously fast like crossing thousands of light years in mere minutes.

If we posed a threat to them they could retreat to space thousands of light years away then think of a new plan to fuck us up.
>>
>>89267764
Garnet has been shown to have limits to her strength and she has had to get creative. These limits have not been higher than the amount of force Peridot sustained trying to catch the warbler in the canyon. It means that the force spread out she can deal with just fine, easy when you don't actually have bones or organs. But focused pressure disrupted her and she couldn't stay together.

Guns will work. You'd want .50 cal against Quartzes most likely, but guns will work.
>>
>>89266137
It's pretty valid when facing alien forces far ahead of us. Even two or three hundred years ahead and I'd expect a race to outpace nukes. The stupid thing is that aliens always fight on more or less our primitive terms. If you've acheived faster than light travel all you'd need is to point a ship at earth and forget about it. The earth will be obliterated instantly.
>>
File: Fuck Yeah Robots.jpg (132KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Yeah Robots.jpg
132KB, 640x480px
>>89266331
>>
>>89267890
I desagreee, but anyway...

A single Lapis can do an unlimited army of extremely powerful water clones that are immune to bullets.
>>
>>89267987
Garnet fucks around because of plot anon, the only time we even see close to Garnet's true power was in the episode where Pearl and Ameythst were having a feud and Garnet enlarges her fucking limbs to fight against them.
>>
>>89267872
Once again I will reiterate my point. I was discussing our potential against gem's themselves, not against their ships.

>>89267884
Because firstly it isn't magic and secondly, reverse-engineering is a lot simpler than you make it out to be. With the right team of scientist and the technology all ready made, it's pretty easy to recreate it. I don't know how to make a Samsung phone, nut I can easily dismantle mine and figure out which parts do what without a manual.

>>89268024
Then we wouldn't focus on the clones and instead go straight to Lapis, and I'm pretty sure the clones would be limited on water supply.
>>
>>89267704

ATTERO

DOMINATUS
>>
>>89267969
Fucking Lapis can travel alone between planets.
>>
>>89268094
>, it's pretty easy to recreate it
Their technology doesnt use electromagnetism as a base its complete incomprehensible witchcraft to us.
>>
>>89268065
In that case Peridot imitated a Road Runner cartoon because of plot. But nice to know that you think outside of comedic moments Garnet holds herself back arbitrarily.
>>
>>89268097
BERLIN IS BURNING
>>
>>89268094
>go straight to Lapis
Before you could blink Lapis would be already in the Moon's orbit.
>>
>>89267770
>steal technology
>reverse-engineer it
>???
>profit
>>
>>89266362
>It's hard to gauge a Gem's exact combat ability compared to a human due to the fact we haven't seen an expert fight seriously
In Rose's secret base there were a bunch of armors of ancient human knights who fought alongside rose with swords and shit. It's pretty safe to say a human can take on a gem in melee.

In all out war the gems win of course because of orbital weapons and stuff.
>while Gem tech is undeniably advanced, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for humanity to steal and reverse engineer it.
I don't know about that. It doesn't look like the gems even use circuitry anymore.
>>
>>89268184
>a human can take on a gem in melee.
Mini Peridot can already manhandle a human man, soldier gems would kill you in one hit from a single casual punch. Elite soldier gems could probably survive tank strikes and kiloton bombings.
>>
>>89268024
Yeah, the water clone thing would be the closest thing a Lapis has to a broken ability.
>>
>>89268094
>Then we wouldn't focus on the clones and instead go straight to Lapis

Good luck doing this while being attacked by invicible clones, giant Quartz, gems that see the future and with teleportation technology.
>>
>>89268173
That sure as hell worked in Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>89265779
>inb4 shit taste
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP_-YIhgF3w
>>
>>89266137
Do you think that an interstellar civilization should be vulnerable to bombs strapped to rockets? That's ridiculous.
>>
>>89268137
But it's still grounded in "science" for the most part. The concepts are all there, I't won't be easy sure, but it won't be fucking impossible.

>>89268167
I'm pretty sure Lapis's fastest speed shown was when she flew too Andy's retro plane. That's not all that impressive.

>>89268258
Snipers while our other forces deal as support.
>>
>>89268235
Don't forget, for every quartz poofed, she will rise up again in minutes.
>>
>>89268295
A water shield stop snipers.

Gems could take down planes easily.
>>
This thread made me realize that Lapis Lazuli might not be a mass-produced gem, maybe even rarer than a Sapphire.
>>
>>89268235
I wouldn't count on even The Jasper surviving a tank strike, let alone regular Quartzes.
>>
Go back to Roman times with a cellphone and they would call it magic, this is because the concept of electromagnetic technology is alien to them, now imagine technology that still works but isnt electromagnetic then that is literal magic to us modern humans.

Our scientist could never explain how the fuck gem technology even works.
> I't won't be easy sure, but it won't be fucking impossible.
Nah its impossible I dont think you realize how mindscrewing functional non electromagnetic technology is to the human mind. All the shit we do is EM technology even down to our most advanced inventions. Alien tech that is not EM or has no circuits, wires or anything resembling electronics would BE IMPOSSIBLE FOR US TO UNDERSTAND without a gem explaining it.
>>
>>89267185
Dude. All she needed was a few minutes to drain the whole earth of water. Luckily she didn't just take it all into space and just sat on top of it in a column. All she'd have to do is just take it all into orbit. This wouldn't be hard. If you want to imagine some madeup scenario where we could possibly respond fast enough you can have multiple Lapises all over the world taking the water, or they could just dumb large quantities of it over land and drown everything.
>>
>>89268323
Probably 1 or 2 per planet.
>>
>>89268137
Not only have they used electromagnetism, but Pearl has been able to use real words and basic physics to explain any gem tech she's actually explained. Their technology isn't even complicated, just powerful.
>>
>>89268295
>I'm pretty sure Lapis's fastest speed shown was when she flew too Andy's retro plane. That's not all that impressive.
She moved Steven from ground level to the top of the atmosphere in seconds, thats at least Mach 90 in the speed range.
>>
>>89268299
Quartz isn't indestructible. What this means is that for each squad of superior human knights, there's one guy with a sledgehammer specifically for delivering the coup de grace.
>>
>>89268337
Gems can manauver better than tanks.

Probably faster too.
>>
>>89268381
Electricity doesnt do jackshit to gem tech showing they have transcended circuitry. If gems were EM, electricity would affect them.
>>
>>89268235
Sadie vs the invisible monster?
Steven Punching his dad?
Ronaldo in the Lighthouse?

Humans are a lot more durable than you might think.

>>89268354
Roman times we're not NEARLY as advanced as we are now. Show a smart phone to the 1980's and they could reverse -engineer it fine.

>>89268362
She needed all night from what I gathered from the two episodes.

>>89268391
That wasn't herself moving. I misinterpreted what you meant I guess, I thought her herself moving.
>>
File: 1478265617452.jpg (80KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1478265617452.jpg
80KB, 400x400px
>>89268274
>Megadeath
>shit taste
>>
>>89268094
>I was discussing our potential against gem's themselves
How do you think they're going to get here in the first place? Besides Lapis flew from earth to homeworld, a distance clearly millions of light years away, in a few days. She can fly as fast as warp technology on her own.
>>
>>89268462
Most /mu/ fags on this board hate metal for whatever reason
>>
>>89268397
You forget that military gem CAN REACT FASTER THAN HUMANS, a Jasper would knock his head off before your brain would show you the image of them balling up their fist.
>>89268443
>Ronaldo
Pearl casually blocked a punch from him and it almost broke his hand TRYING TO HIT PEARL.
>>
>>89268443
Lapis can travel between planets.

She IS fast.

Also, gem tech has been show to fuck with human EM technology.

You just need little effort to fuck every EM gadget on the military.
>>
>>89268485
>Most /mu/ fags on this board hate metal for whatever reason
They must be gay
>>
>>89268295
>But it's still grounded in "science" for the most part. The concepts are all there, I't won't be easy sure, but it won't be fucking impossible.
Yeah but not impossible means hundreds of years which is not usually how long wars last.
>>
File: k helps.jpg (408KB, 2249x1692px) Image search: [Google]
k helps.jpg
408KB, 2249x1692px
>>89266594
Somewhere in ameri/k/a, a man in camo is laughing in the bushes.
>>
>>89268489
Ronaldo is a faggot though
>>
>>89264722
I'd wager that Laser Light Cannons are more powerful than human guns and missiles, and even those seem unable to contest with the modern gem hand ships. In a pitched battle, human armies would probably be fucked.
>>
In one episode Garnet was going to punch a space pod directly into space, thats alot of force anons.
>>
Steven Universe is clearly not a world working on real world logic or else the show would be entirely different.
>>
File: DORA don't need an explanation.png (943KB, 1161x1599px) Image search: [Google]
DORA don't need an explanation.png
943KB, 1161x1599px
>>89266594
I FINALLY HAVE AN EXCUSE TO POST THIS
>>
I also just realized nothing has actually beat Steven's shield yet and HW has an entire gem caste of gems with this same invincible barrier.
>>
>>89268489
>CAN REACT FASTER THAN HUMANS
Out of all your points this is the only one that is an outright lie. I'm not even going to post videos for this one, because there are WAY to many examples.

>>89268489
I meant when he was hit by Amethyst.
>>
Friendly reminder that hologram pearl cutted a tree in half with a baloon sword without poping it and got fucked by a mop.

All the feats are inconsistent as all fuck and gem caracters are shown to be somewhere around literal gods to average human in terms of taking punishment, in the sense that in one episode a caracter looks like it could tank a meteor, in another it might die from slipping with the soap in the bathroom.

Their inteligence is also questionable since they are a very advace civilisation that still charges eachother with swords as means of war.

Not to mention its a cartoon, one where those aspects arent really important for the story its telling and were probably not thought out in the least. A story that most likely will end exactly like the harry potter lookalike books they've shown shoving aside everything else and will defend it by saying it was foreshadowed, even if that doesnt excuse anything.

What im trying to say is that you cant compare real life with this specific piece of fiction becouse the real life is consistent and we know what real life is, SU is "gems can and will do anything, except when its inconvienient for the story, dont think about it"
>>
>>89268405
So when the Quartzes close on the tank the tank is done, but from a distance the tank is going to be picking off charging quartzes and likely take down a few of them.

Tank targeting is currently pinpoint accurate. Tanks and artillery are capable of firing multiple shots in the air timed as such to all hit the target simultaneously on a single point within centimeters of each other. And I am pretty sure smaller, easier to aim guns than that would still take down Quartzes just fine, too, until Jasper shows up and we need something bigger than 20mm.
>>
>>89268433
Look who doesn't even understand basic real world tech or real world physics.
>>
File: halflifehecu.jpg (290KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
halflifehecu.jpg
290KB, 1680x1050px
What equipment would the U.S. military have in a direct combat engagement with gems? I imagine they'd have gear similar to the HECU marines from Half Life or something, but with larger caliber weaponry(AR-10/FAL/M14?)
>>
File: 129.png (957KB, 1424x1068px) Image search: [Google]
129.png
957KB, 1424x1068px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j32OrAXyhEA

Giant Robots are the only answer to defeating the Silicon Meance.

Giant Robots and lots and lots of nukes
>>
>>89268636
Garnet reacts to lightning anon and fought on par with Jasper.
>>
>>89268272
Gurren Lagann technology is powered by spiral energy which all living beings have.
>>
File: armor of the fallen.png (1MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
armor of the fallen.png
1MB, 1920x1090px
>>89268235
Within the show we've seen that humans have fought them, dude.
>>
File: Amethyst_Spin_Dash.gif (380KB, 350x200px) Image search: [Google]
Amethyst_Spin_Dash.gif
380KB, 350x200px
>>89268650
>but from a distance the tank is going to be picking off charging quartzes and likely take down a few of them.

Don't forget that Quartz can use an spin ball atack to get closer quickly.

And Rose's canons were stronger than any tank, while also beeing smaller and easy to manauver.
>>
>>89268707
And your point it? The basis for the mechas came from debris found after the Anti Spirals bombed the shit out of earth. It's reverse engineering.
>>
Can I just say how much I love that the gems have actually advanced in the years since first coming to earth? You never see that in sci-fi, the aliens hit a point that's really advanced and just stay there. In Steven Universe the aliens are still advancing and that's cool as shit.
>>
>>89268704
>Garnet reacts to lightning
Future vision
>fought on par with Jasper.
A great point, Jasper is an elite soldier and yet can't dodge a couple of punches. Blame it on the choreography if you want, but that isn't exactly helping your case.
>>
>>89266362
>It's hard to gauge a Gem's exact combat ability compared to a human due to the fact we haven't seen an expert fight seriously, but it's notable that Pearl, the CG's dedicated fencer, was put on her toes by a 12 year old girl with only a few weeks of training, so it's not inconceivable that a well trained human or group of humans can overcome a Gem in CQC, especially if better equipment is developed.
Pearl, the CG's "dedicated fencer" actively acknowledges that she wasn't "built to fighting", and pearls are a servant cut of gem.

>An Earth invasion would be MAYBE a few dozen assorted gems
I think you're guessing too far. The last actual Earth invasion was massive, from everything we've seen.

>And while Gem tech is undeniably advanced, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for humanity to steal and reverse engineer it.
They've had 5,000 years dude, gem technology is just magic to us. It's beyond what we can comprehend.
>>
>>89268790
>Jasper is an elite soldier
No shes a Jasper, the elite soldier gems are another class entirely we have not seen yet.
>>
>>89268323
Lapis is a bourgeois gem who are not mass produced or at least not produced on planets. It seems that the higher gems get in the caste system the more incredible power they have. Lapis having great control of water, Sapphire's can see the future. We haven't seen any more gems of that status so we don't know what they can do. It's kinda funny that they use gems who basically only have brute strength to fight wars but I guess that's because you want to have the power in the few, not the many.
>>
>>89268650
Right, with that spinball thing use several 20mm Autocannons or 30mm anything. Have a tank on standby ready to point out a THE Jasper or any fusions. I'd hate to see an Amethyst or Jasper fusion similar to a Ruby fusion.
>>
>>89268790
I doubt that Jasper see a need on dodging.

Her fighting style is going head first and taking any demage with superior endurance.
>>
>>89268686
Gems seem to have no resistance to piercing attacks, so either 5.56 or maybe 7.62 should work fine. Tactics would have to account for the fact that Gems prefer melee range, so they'd also need area denial weapons like landmines, and decent mobility.

Melee weapons are obviously more risky, but likely inevitable during prolonged combat. Fortunately, landing a single solid blow to the chest or head should poof them. They might develop something specialized for this, like a mini-piledriver mounted on the forearm. Bayonets would also become commonplace again.
>>
>>89268758
>have bunch of tanks
>A single quartz goes sonic the hedgehog and everytime it hits a tank it sends it flying.
>>
File: yeah.png (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
yeah.png
204KB, 500x375px
>>89265779
https://youtu.be/2HQaBWziYvY

The only acceptable answer.
>>
>>89268758
Buddy do you know how fast tanks are nowadays. I don't think they would try to take a gem out with a tank though. Wars aren't won through sheer power.

>>89268768
Wrong. Lagann was originally Lord Genome's vessel.
The remaining mechs are what remained of humanity's forces after Genome betrayed and wrecked most of them.
All human technology.
>>
>>89268686
I'd bring AA-12 with Frag-12 rounds, nothing but Frag-12 rounds, and I'd want some serious crew served, vehicle mounted, artillery scale firepower to deal with the truly dangerous gems.
>>
>>89268847
Guns arent doing shit to gems anon.
>>
>>89268825
She's a soldier, went to Earth in her own giant ship, and was stated to be perfectly made by Peridot. That seems pretty elite to me. If anything, she certainly isn't a common soldier.
>>
>>89268844
You would end up just poofing the body, while the Jaspers rise up three minutes later.

While MORE Jaspers attack you.
>>
>>89268354
This is true. We can only use the technology we have now because we have instructions on how to use it. We're advancing upon it in increments. Any type of technology past the few forays into quantum mechanics we have now would be impossible to figure out. The gems don't use circuitry or electromagnetism so we have no basis on how it works, stuff that advanced is probably using forces of the universe we only theorize about now. We can't make mental leaps that far.
>>
>>89268094
>With the right team of scientist and the technology all ready made, it's pretty easy to recreate it
No, it clearly isn't, or Humans would have used the 5,000 years it's been available to us, scattered around, to reverse-engineer it. Even in Steven's time, most humans seem to think of it as magic, not because it actually is magic, but because it's built at such an advanced level, it might as well be. How do you reverse engineer a Crystal Warp pad? If you can convincingly tell me that, I'll believe you.
>>
>>89268847
Gems also have long range weapons, like canons.
>>
>>89268894
Anon, Pearl got poofed by a regular-ass sword going at normal speed; a gun will do perfectly fine against the others.
>>
>>89268878
>All human technology.
Just
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVylz6esoUM
Fucking

The worst thing is that you're probably already aware of this backstory.
>>
>>89268918
20mm and up tend to also be high explosive and will likely be cracking gems. Since it takes the fastest regenerating gem we ever saw minutes to do it we're probably going to have enough time to send someone out to give the final smash to all down gems.
>>
File: Bomberman's vengence.gif (23KB, 600x460px) Image search: [Google]
Bomberman's vengence.gif
23KB, 600x460px
Why Tanks?
Why not the OBAMA-WAY?
Death by hundreds of drone strikes. Several of which seemingly targeting a select few in a completely different location, maiming hundreds in the process.
>>
>>89268906
>and was stated to be perfectly made by Peridot
Perfectly made fodder.
>>89268965
Its funny how think Holo Pearl's sword strikes is comparable to a human when Holo-Pearl slices a fucking tree with a balloon.
>>
>>89268650
>So when the Quartzes close on the tank the tank is done, but from a distance the tank is going to be picking off charging quartzes and likely take down a few of them.
Gems do use ranged weaponry. Their bows and arrows are probably as strong as tank artillery and with the same rapid fire ability. And quartzes, amethysts, and jaspers are all the same class and probably have the same or similar abilities.
>>
>>89268292
How are they not? Interstellar travel technology doesn't make you immune to bombs.
>>
>>89268979
Well I was wrong. Been a while, but yeah, this was the video I was (mis)remembering.
>>
>Susceptible to light, pressure, sound, and vibration
>Jasper slowly stepping down was apparently enough to risk shattering Amethyst's gem
>Gems are in obvious locations on the body
>Entire race thinks humans are retarded and weak and that they can go easy on us because of the cluster
We'll be fine
>>
>>89268998
>go on the middle of the battle field to smash a gem
>avoid all the other quartz still atacking
>smash a gem
>gets attacked by limbs of smashed gems anyway
>>
>>89268624
Funny. Why would you want a gun that can be taken from you in a manned siege? Isn't that why most gun nuts like guns?
>>
File: IMG_20150923_202548.jpg (448KB, 1525x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150923_202548.jpg
448KB, 1525x1200px
>tanks
>>
>>89268940
Humans shown in the show are also incompetent as fuck and don't give two shits about anything.

>How do you reverse engineer a Crystal Warp pad?
I'm no scientist so fuck if I know, nor do I have a team with me or a working sample. However if I had to guess, the crystal material itself has properties that can connect to others and transport items by manipulating molecules. It's triggered by thought, but can also be activated by a Warp Whistle, so it must activate on some kind of frequency.
>>
>>89265820
We have anti-satellite missiles. All we need is an anti satellite missile with a warhead filled with whatever chemical dissolves the gems. Use cluster warheads for extra effect.

Again, in a surface war, all you need is shells filled with whatever chemical dissolves your enemies. Or just high velocity weaponry (i.e. guns)

>>89267128
"Hmmm, the ocean is being drained in a very specific way..."

"Okay, let's observe where the water is flowing to."

"Okay, it must be being drained from here. Let's dispatch a team to recon what's going on"

"Oh, looks like a fucking gem creature is draining the ocean."

>>89267298
>Volume of water the size of a mountain
>Wouldn't be able to detect it on radar long before it was over land
>Would be able to drain the entire ocean without anyone noticing anything different

>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQoA_wjmE9w

>>89265577
Any attempt to fight in atmosphere would be useless on their behalf. We already have sonic weapons.
>>
>>89268647
People are just using the strongest we've seen the gems as a thought experiment. It's dumb and doesn't make any sense but it's fun.
>>
>>89269120
Impossible, the sheer number of men surrounding it while masturbating to how awsome it is would completely block any attempts to capture it.
>>
File: SU-35 2.webm (864KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
SU-35 2.webm
864KB, 718x404px
>Tanks
>implying
>>
>>89269171
You know that all of those scenarios are of a single Lapis alone right?

If she had support, good luck being able to reach enough to attack her.
>>
>>89269171
>whatever chemical dissolves the gems
>dissolve
Gems are made of a clusterfuck of minerals you cant dissolve them dumbass.
>muh acid
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: jets are cool.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
jets are cool.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>IMPLYING TANKS
>>
>>89269171
A single Lapis can be at the very edge of the atmosphere and remove the entire ocean.
>>
>>89269223
>>89269139
Pew pew motherfucker.

Also light canons and arrows that are strong as a fucking missile.
>>
>>89269152
You can't just say it has properties that do things, that's obvious, it's how you make those properties. And you can probably figure out how to USE a warp pad but figure out how to make one. It just looks like a rock but it rips apart the fabric of spacetime. Maybe you could see some crazy shit in its molecular structure but you would not be able to reproduce it.
>>
>>89265779
Have to use a classic piece of sound warfare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuKDBPw8wQA
>>
>>89269027
Is everybody here retarded? Are you forgetting one extremely simple fact?
>they're all fucking women
Fucking duh. Wanna know how an invasion would go down?
>gem ship lands in field near a small creek
> ten skinnydippin farm boys run out to see what it is
>don't bother putting clothes on
>the crew exits the ship
>a jasper, a peridot, and some rubies
> the jasper sees newcomers in the distance, and prepares for a fight
>they get closer
> the peridot sees their strange meat apparatuses
>?
> jasper fucks 5 men into oblivion, their smiling, bloody bodies recovering on the field floor
> the peridot getting rammed from the front and back
> the rubies blowing the remaining three
>tldr: a race of women being exposed to men for the first time would experience sex and wouldn't want to kill off humanity
>>
File: reaction281.png (1MB, 1280x682px) Image search: [Google]
reaction281.png
1MB, 1280x682px
>>89265577
>perceptible
>>
>>89269117
If it's not already smashed by what it hit, it's about to be.

Also the limb thing isn't possible under normal circumstances, that was horrible science.
>>
>>89267845
>implying they're going to be thinking
>>
>>89269282
Have you actually seen the beams hit anything manmade.
At worst their debris landed on some buildings in beach city.
Plus have you seen modern missiles and what they can do?
I mean really?

I swear to god most of you people think we still live in WWII.
>>
File: hourglass.png (211KB, 2020x1770px) Image search: [Google]
hourglass.png
211KB, 2020x1770px
Everyone forgets that one little gem bobble that lets you time travel. Yeah they have lasers, they even have FTL technology. But this is straight up magic to us. You can't reverse engineer this.
>>
>>89269328
>Also the limb thing isn't possible under normal circumstances, that was horrible science.

Not really.
>>
>>89269366
you mean the thing that steven destroyed.
>>
File: Str.png (54KB, 237x321px) Image search: [Google]
Str.png
54KB, 237x321px
>>89269366
ALSO they have their own nuke.
>>
File: 1395546140352.png (87KB, 340x293px) Image search: [Google]
1395546140352.png
87KB, 340x293px
>>89269319
And then they would get turned into half humans and die. The entire gem army reduced to half human half gem ubermensch left to be raised by the rest of humanity. It's fucking perfect.
>>
>>89269396
Dude, we are not counting Steven and CG here.
>>
>>89269377
Horrible as in Frankenstein. Not horrible as in poorly done. Anything else shattered is dead and the gem limbs are just as creepy as independently moving human limbs and for the same reasons.
>>
>>89269152
You can't just throw a scientist at everything and expect it to work, Anon.
>>
>>89269434
They just discovered about experiments much later.

You are thinking about forced fusion.
>>
>>89269171
Your missiles will be destroyed as soon as they come into contact with a few feet thick of water. All a Lapis needs to do is surround herself in hundreds of feet of water, then fly over to your cities and bases, and drop the water, or hold it in a bubble over the people as they drown. A lapis hiding in a mountain of water is unstoppable.
>>
File: Waffen SS Pearl.jpg (86KB, 1096x1568px) Image search: [Google]
Waffen SS Pearl.jpg
86KB, 1096x1568px
With the help of the nat-soc gems of course
>>
File: Groovitron.png (336KB, 568x522px) Image search: [Google]
Groovitron.png
336KB, 568x522px
>>89266182
>RYNO V
>Not lord-knows-how-many-cases of Groovitrons.

If they don't die from embarrassment due to accidental fusion, then its hypnotic effects will give them a hard time.
>>
>>89269366
>Have time travel
>Dont use it to solve all of your problems

In that scenario, the revelion never started and PD is still alive.
>>
>>89269306
>You can't just say it has properties that do things
I didn't, I said the material itself has the properties. You would figure out how to utulize those properties with a sample, which if you haven't noticed, I don't have.

>Maybe you could see some crazy shit in its molecular structure but you would not be able to reproduce it.
That's a major assumption. Learning how it's molecular structure is formed could give vast input on how to make it or another significant technology, OR give us further insight into other Gem tech. I think you're being a little unreasonable in asking how I would reverse-engineer one without having said material to experiment with nor being qualified for the task itself. Just because I can't do it well doesn't mean actual scientist can't either.

>>89269479
Why not? It's literally their job to figure out how things work. If there is an actual science, then eventually it is solvable.
>>
File: bob baseball card.png (164KB, 342x475px) Image search: [Google]
bob baseball card.png
164KB, 342x475px
>>89269171
>sonic weapons.
>vs FTL craft
>>
>>89269423
You mean the thing buried deep in the ocean that the gems would have to come to earth to get, and was obviously created before Sugar really thought out the whole Gem backstory, because the existence of that artifact would render the entire rebellion a joke for the side that had it?
They sorta threw out the magical nature of the gems post S1.
>>
>>89269364
>Plus have you seen modern missiles and what they can do?
Yes, against other modern earth construction materials. I'm not sure what you're getting at.
>>
>>89269524
>Why not? It's literally their job to figure out how things work. If there is an actual science, then eventually it is solvable.

Because science isn't SCIENCE! Scientists don't just hem and haw over some beakers and suddenly understand warp technology, there are loads of things in this world that we don't understand and can't figure out, and won't do so despite trying for hundreds more years.
>>
>>89269579
>Because science isn't SCIENCE! Scientists don't just hem and haw over some beakers and suddenly understand warp technology
He's spent too long on /co/, and thinks that earth scientists are actually Reed Richards.
>>
>>89268847
How many wars has the U.S. gotten into in the SU universe? Are we still using ALICE web gear because alternate history made us avoid several major wars, thus making improving field gear for better combat conditions not necessary or are we using MOLLE gear and plate carriers like normal? Do we still use the M16 rifle family or did we switch over to a different service weapon? Basically what does the U.S. soldier look like in this universe?
>>
File: burningmartian.jpg (111KB, 477x765px) Image search: [Google]
burningmartian.jpg
111KB, 477x765px
>>89264722
>>89265065
>>89265982
>>89266271
>>89268650

Humans don't really have a shot. It would be like the time Martian Manhunter got cured of his weakness to fire and fucking whupped the JLA

These are all of the Gem powers that they show has made us aware of ( that I can think of)
: Super strength, Super Speed, Durability, Space travel, Teleportation technology, Do not age, Do not need food, Do not need to breathe, Regeneration, Healing tears/spit, Future Sight, Shapeshifting, Dream Control, Possession, Metal control, Plant Control, Water Control, Flame Generation, ,"Bubbling" Hologram Creation, Energy Generation, Fusion, Time Travel, Flight, Ability to persist in a limited fashion after death, Forcefield Generation, Invisibilty, Mass Insanity Field (presumably) and Pocket Dimension Creation

You could give an infant access to these powers and it would destroy everything in ti's path. Humanity wouldn't make it.
>>
>>89269524
A warp pad is probably created on the subatomic level. We can't make anything like that. We don't even know of all the molecules that make up atoms. Something that bends reality in such a way is working on fundamental universal forces. Even if we could see it which we can't we don't have the technology to make it.
>>
>>89269549
The time travelling artifact is in the middle of many others, if you pick the wrong one, the entire place colapses and rebuild itself on thousand years.

Rose probably just fucked the place in the beggining.
>>
>>89269524
It took humanity 5000 years to figure out two thing.
1)That objects fall at the same speed regardless of weight.
2)That flies have more than 4 legs.

5000 years before anyone bothered to double check either of those two "facts" made up by man famous for pretending to be a horse for sexual play. 5000 years before anyone bothered to check if a fucking bronze age brony wasn't just horsing around. It took humanity 5000 years to count the legs on one of the most common creatures on the planet, and also to drop two objects side by side and watch them for a second. 5000 years. It took 5000 damned years.

We're not figuring out reality warping energy crystals soon.
>>
>>89269402
I really wish this was even talked about again. I'm imagining that's what blew up Russia. Plus there's that thing in the geode.
>>
>>89267495
See the shit coming out of shotshow 2017, anon?
>>
>>89267047
This game is better than it has any business being.
>>
>>89269579
>>89269600
Scientists have been able to create technology based off simple theory with nothing substantial or a prior material to say that it works. I'm not saying it's easy at all, but it most certainly isn't impossible as long as they work off of actual scientific properties.

>there are loads of things in this world that we don't understand and can't figure out
It's not that we can't, but we haven't yet. And once again, we are working off theory, not testing actual alien technology.

>>89269671
Further procurement of alien tech would allow us to make something similar in any case.

>>89269692
And yet look at what we accomplished without all the facts and just conjecture. We are advancing faster than ever, and with alien tech we could jump start that to an even quicker degree.
>>
>>89269577
That we have no basis of measurement regarding gem-tech strength because they haven't used it against anything that wasn't gem-tech; and that you underestimate the destructive capabilities of human weaponry.
In fact it seems you don't know anything about human weapons at all.

>>89269692
you speak as if advancement is linear as opposed to exponential
>>
>>89269601
Nothing specific on what wars did occur, just that The Civil War (because everything about America's colonization and formation were different) World War 1, (because some of those nations and none of those treaties and a lot of those people didn't even exist) and WW2 (a direct result of how poorly WW1 was handled.) All of that never happened. Also, no Cold War since there is no nervous East and West of radically differing ideologies staring each other down after a World War that also never happened.

BUT, we have seen modern tanks and planes on TV, making it very likely they have them for real.
>>
>Nuh-uh! Humans can't win because gems can literally teleport behind you and explode you and they shot a million lasers!
Jesus, the fans are more boring than the show can be. Reminds me of DBZfags.
>>
>>89264722

As others have said, if the goal is to invade and take over with troops then it's debatable, but Humans would give them such an ass-kicking it would almost certainly not be worth it. Likely the War just becomes the Gem Empire sniping human cities from long range or deploying a bio-weapon of some kind.

If the goal is destruction we stand no chance, they just accelerate some rocks to near light speed and start tossing them at Earth.

There's no doubt that the Gems are in for a shock if they tried to fight the war with their conventional forces. Humanity maybe pulls a win because we might seize enough of their tech during the early encounters. It's so hard to theorize because the Gem Empire is pants on head stupid in a lot of ways, but then has so many potential space magic advantages (like future sight). Yet they use conventional fighting techniques despite the fact that they have developed FTL.
>>
>>89269743
>Scientists have been able to create technology based off simple theory with nothing substantial or a prior material to say that it works.
Yeah that technology was a lever used to lift a mud brick. In two thousand years we went from people mangling their dicks because you couldn't wash it regularly, to being able to alter DNA. The gems have many more thousands of years ahead of us. They probably understand dark energy and extra dimensions. Sure if there were some gem tech with instructions on how to use it (gem tech is unusable by humans because you have to be a gem to even interface with it) they may be able to figure it out but there's no reason that would ever be given to us. IF we had a gem that would tell it to us and even then a lot of it is probably too mind bending for our brains to even comprehend.
>>
>Talking about how impossible reverse-engineering gem tech is.
>Probably couldn't tell you how half the technology they use today works without looking it up.
You people are retarded
>>
>>89269767
>linear instead of exponential

ITS NEITHER! HUMANS ARE JUST DUMB!
>>
>>89269795
A 13 year old Indian girl could beat up a gem lmao
>>
>>89269767
Exponential still needs to be based off something. We can't think up quantum computing without having invented computers. You can't look at a 19th century lightbulb with 19th century information and then a smart phone and make the connection.
>>
>>89269789
Couldn't WWI and II have happened but with different countries and leaders though? Also the Cold War could have happened, but not in the sense of what it was(Communism vs Democracy wouldn't have been the exact focus of this universe's Cold War, for example)
>>
>>89269743
There are technological gulfs that cannot be easily crossed. You could give an 18th century scientist all the cell phones he could carry and he wouldn't be able to reverse engineer the tech. It's the height of hubris to assume we are now advanced enough to replicate advanced alien tech. We would likely struggle for years, perhaps decades just understanding its basic function.
>>
>>89269743
>Scientists have been able to create technology based off simple theory with nothing substantial or a prior material to say that it works. I'm not saying it's easy at all, but it most certainly isn't impossible as long as they work off of actual scientific properties.
Okay, now factor in the fact that this is in the scenario we've laid out, supposed to be happening during wartime against the civilization that has been using this technology for thousands of years, and tell me with a straight face that we'll be able to at most even the playing field by getting access to this tech and producing enough for it to matter, before we get wiped out by clusters, their crystal nukes, their superior spaceflight-and-atmosphere-flight-capable craft that an go warp speed, their robinoids, their individual soldiers that are like tanks to us, and their ability to teleport anywhere they set up a base.

Because what you're saying, it hinges on that idea that we'd be able to compete by reverse-engineering and learning how to use their technology, and all that would do is allow us to compete on a level they already can.
>>
>>89269795

And I have a strong feeling that Militarywank fags haven't actually experienced how the military works IRL because they have wayy too much faith in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkWWVmyNu2U

Good books on the subject
https://www.amazon.com/Psychology-Military-Incompetence-Norman-Dixon/dp/0465097804

https://www.amazon.com/Military-Incompetence-American-Doesnt-Century/dp/0374521379
>>
>>89269883
That's kind of the point they are trying to make. It's easy to reversen engineer one plane when can already build planes on your own and know most of the basics. It's another thing to reverse engineer the loop zoop that runs on ontenumino field waves when you've never heard of that shit.
>>
>>89269601
It doesn't really matter what wars they had because by some other line of history they got to the same place we're in now.
>>
>>89269921
The real problem is that the world of SU is so poorly realized that there are no solid answers for these debates, because we know next to nothing about humanity other than the fact that Beach City is a retard farm.
>>
>>89269954
>Both sides are incompetent
ah
it will even out i guess.
>>
>>89269929
The World War and it's sequel didn't happen according to the show creators for the reasons given. But wars have still happened. Just not a world war or the cold war specifically.
>>
>>89269668
>Possession
Fuck I forgot about this. What's the chance of a gem who's innate ability is to possess things? Also plant control is hacks.
>>
>>89266137
Well, chances are all sapient life will be predator-type animals, so they are prone to conflict ie: war with themselves like humans are.

So, chances are they will have a similar body weight or less to humans based on rocket mathematics and gravity. So that would mean that they would have similar technology to us, that is until they develop FTL or accurate enough warp tech. By that point, they will be beyond our tier, so even if we were on the same tech tree, any aliens we encounter would have had some sort of war and combat/conflict experience like we do, but they would be better at it and far more advanced than we are.

Or they could be so different from us that they may not even have DNA.

So no, human-based combatants shouldn't be able to take on anything alien that arrived on Earth today.
>>
We're also not taking into account that gems probably subjugate other races all the time.
>>
>>89269954
>I watched a movie, I experienced it!
>>
>>89269954
>America
>>
>>89269941
>It's the height of hubris
Perhaps, but I don't give two shits. I will always have faith in the human race.

>>89269948
>tell me with a straight face that we'll be able to at most even the playing field
I won't. I will say that at most we will have a fighting chance if we can reverse-engineer.
>clusters
They only had one and it was an experiment. Do we even know how they put in there?
>their crystal nukes
Which they wouldn't initailly use as they want the planet for resources.
> their superior spaceflight-and-atmosphere-flight-capable craft that an go warp speed
That's what I'm banking the reverse-enineering on.
>their robinoids
Those are just scout/repair bots aren't they?
>their individual soldiers that are like tanks to us
See all points made in thread so far.
>their ability to teleport anywhere they set up a base.
Attempt to stop them from gaining territory. Destroy warp pads if created or prevent them from being made.
>>
>>89270023
We know they're at the same point we are. They have the internet and smart phones. They have tumblr and twitter.
>>
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY9m2sHQwLs&ab_channel=OGSpindashProductions
hate song but this song is catch
>>
>>89270124

Jarhead happened, despite the fact everybody hates that jackass for writing that book it doesn't change the fact that it happened.

The second time around we sure as shit weren't any smarter, or better prepared. If I had a nickle for every country boy slackjawed dumbass who somehow made it through basic
>>
I'll give it a week for these space ladies to get off my planet.
>>
>>89270247
Basic is physical training, ya know?
>>
>>89270132
>clusters
To make clusters you need to have shattered gems and then figure out a way to fuse them. We may have some shattered gems lying around but trying to form a cluster will result in the mutants we've seen which will fuck humanity even more.
>their crystal nukes
We can't make that for reasons stated.
>their superior spaceflight-and-atmosphere-flight-capable craft that an go warp speed
Already stated. You'd need gems that are willing to explain how it all works for that to be feasible. You can't reverse engineer technology you can't interface with.

>Attempt to stop them from gaining territory. Destroy warp pads if created or prevent them from being made.
Impossible when they have ships that can go anywhere in the blink of an eye. Granted we don't know how long it takes to make a warp pad but I doubt it's long and I don't remember entirely but they may have had craft with warp pads already on them, meaning mobile bases.
>>
>>89270132
>Those are just scout/repair bots aren't they?
Peridot crushs a Robonoid and it turns into jelly not circuitry, that is how advanced their technology is it looks like magic.
>>
>>89270130
That's the world's current strongest military
>>
File: 1471208737158.gif (4MB, 800x336px) Image search: [Google]
1471208737158.gif
4MB, 800x336px
>>89269809

For example the Gem's fuck up the initial encounter because of course they do.

Humans seize just one of the Red Roaming Eye.

The IMMEDIATE thought of most military strategists will be to put a bomb in it, or figure out a way to blow up the ships momentum bending black-hole. THEN they are going to start looking at a target, like say, Homeworld.

The Gem Empire has a pants on head retarded approach to weapons and combat. Our backs are against the wall. As soon as humans see FTL, teleportation, or miniature black holes our FIRST thought is going to be how to horribly weaponize that technology. The Gems still think fighting and war is about stun batons, pushing one another and swinging hard light objects around. Even without understanding it we humans are going to turn the Gem equivalent of toasters into W.M.D. I mean for gods sake the Empire thinks that a giant anthropomorphous rainbow blob that can't be controlled is a weapon, WHILE they generate miniature black holes to travel. They still consider sending actual soldiers into combat instead of autonomous weapons. The GEM's are apparently traumatized by the loss of a single leader, and a small terrestrial explosion.

Now we might kill ourselves while messing with captured Gem tech but Humans have such violent imaginations I can't see us not winning if Earth Defense Forces get their grubby ape paws on Gem gadgets.
>>
>>89270299
There are also far more gems than any human, even if we defeated them they could send another wave and another wave and another wave and another wave and keep this up for thousands of years by around 400 years we would have used up all of our weapon resources and be fucked.
>>
File: smugprincess.jpg (54KB, 517x342px) Image search: [Google]
smugprincess.jpg
54KB, 517x342px
>>89265779
Rock Me Like a Hurricane
>>
>>89270080
Gems are kind of a middle ground between very different from us, as they're living fucking rocks, and very similar to us as they think mostly the same as we do, however their social structure is very different due to different gems existing.
>>
>>89270132
Clusters aren't something that can be used against an extant force. A cluster is an experimental bio(gem)weapon that is designed to tear up a planet from the inside. Obviously that's not useful to us.
>>
>>89270299
All of these points I thought were about abilities, not our chance of making them, my mistake. To that point though,
>>89270318
She crushes it with her foot. Therefore we can break it as well, and that Jelly WOULD be valuable information. We might not be able to directly interface with Gem tech initially, but I bet we could dismantle it.
>>
>>89270338
>THEN they are going to start looking at a target, like say, Homeworld.
Why would they know where Homeworld is? We haven't got a clue.
>>
>>89270344
We don't really know this but it would stand to reason. However we've never seen a group of a ton of gems. They could actually be fewer in number than we think. But I really doubt it.
>>
So I know this is slightly off topic but I was watching some older episodes with my little cousin, and has anybody noticed how different Steven is in the newer seasons? I swear he looks shorter, and his voice is more high pitched. He also seems more...naive? It's hard to explain, he's not QUITE as goofy and unaware as he was before.
>>
>>89269668
Im the 3rd person you quoted in your post, i also posted this >>89268647

You have to understand that theres real world logic and cartoon logic.

In real world logic, the gem empire makes no sense in several levels and only runs on cartoon logic, but if such empire with feats such as theirs existed we would indeed be fucked and gone without a fight.

Cartoon logic on the other hand show us that gems are literal retards that think that charging with a sword into battle in a war is a good idea when they have the means to glass the planet from another galaxy anyway. Becouse thats just how they roll. Against that we have a chance.

Thing is that everyone here is willing to use selective retardation and use real world logic whenever they feel like and apply cartoon logic whenever they feel like, but never sticking to one.

I mean, homeworld COULD send a single lapis and fuck the world, are they going to do it? Everything shown points towards "no".
>>
>>89270416
We've already explained why the jelly would not be useful. It's not circuitry so we don't understand it. We are just now starting to experiment with liquid technology and we're in the very very basic stages of finding out how to get stuff to move around. That jelly is probably a thousand steps ahead of that.
>>
>>89270434
Anon gems have known about our rock since we started in Africa gems also control multiple planets and are an intergalactic civilization meaning there must at over a trillion of them at least.
>>
File: 1432268124770.jpg (37KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
1432268124770.jpg
37KB, 500x725px
>>89270338

The Gems are intimidated by fucking wrist mounted pistons and having to take actions outside their birth-prescribed castes.

But ultimately their biggest disadvantage would have to be: .....

They are the antagonists of an all-ages cartoon conceived by a privileged and safe Caucasian female. The minute that fantasy collides with an actual analysis made by wickedly intelligent and mercilessly violent militaristic MEN it entirely falls apart and Humanity murder/rapes the Gems into non-existence using the most vile, brutal, cheesy, and offensive tactics imaginable.
>>
>>89269245
Pearl dissolves in basic vinegar.
Peridot dissolves in Sulfuric and Hydrochloric acid
Quartz is dissolved by Hydroflouric acid.
Diamond burns.

These are just common acids. Superacids, such as this one http://cosmobiologist.blogspot.com.au/2015/09/fluoroantimonic-acid-strongest-acid.html
are far stronger.

Also, learn some basic chemistry. Gems can be dissolved, even in water. However, water is generally already at saturation point with most elements that gems are composed of, and it takes a long time to dissolve it. Acids can do it much faster, and many gems have to be kept away from acid, because it dissolves them.

>>89269504

Torpedos, nukes, etc. Did you even read what I wrote? She would be detected as soon as she had a volume of water larger than a small aircraft.

Easy, sink/launch a nuke tipped torpedo/deapth charge into the water. It detonates as soon as it comes close enough to Lapis. The mountain of water contains the blast inside the water.

>>89269535
Are these FTL craft moving faster than the speed of light an in atmosphere? If they did, they would pretty much fuck the entire planet up, which we are assuming they wouldn't really want to do.

>>89269279
Instantly? Without anyone noticing? Okay.
>>
>>89270493
>We've already explained why the jelly would not be useful. It's not circuitry so we don't understand it.
And I already explained how I think that's bull and that if it's based on actual scientific properties than with a sample we could do something with it.
>>
File: 1438774415535.jpg (252KB, 818x800px) Image search: [Google]
1438774415535.jpg
252KB, 818x800px
>>89270422
If the Rubies can figure out the flight console and its star-map then so can a human.
>>
>>89270338
>The GEM's are apparently traumatized by the loss of a single leader
Of which they only have four who have probably existed for the entirety or a large portion of gem civilization. You'd feel pretty devastated if one your literal gods died too.
>>
>>89270328
I know. I just enjoy greentexting.
>>
>>89270562
Scientific properties could mean it uses dark matter or another dimension.
>>
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDUrpPvU1_4&ab_channel=UPROXX
>>
>>89270446
Which is it? Is he more naive or is he more aware? He's probably shorter looking because that's just what the borders want him to look like. In the episode with Marty Steven was basically in chibi mode.
>>
>>89270588
Rubies are not smart anon, they dont figure anything out, the Diamonds have gems that use ships insinctively programmed to know how to use them.
>>
>>89270619
Your point? With working samples I believe we could figure it out, even if its concepts such as those.
>>89270446
They have been making him more "cute" it seems.
>>
>>89270562
Yeah, your religious faith in science without any thought doesn't make it so.
>>
>>89270454
But from what we've seen I think things are still not in our favor. From the only gem vs human conflict we've seen a gem had to rise up for humanity and lead it to victory. If that didn't happen humanity would have stayed as it was. They also vastly underestimated that rebellion as they were using ground forces and allowed a diamond to get shattered. After that from what the diamonds have said they don't even know that humans have advanced to this point, they just put a time bomb in the earth and left it to die. if Steven and crew weren't around the cluster would have awoken and destroyed earth. If we're using the logic that they know what they're up against it makes sense they would pull out the big guns.
>>
>>89265779
https://youtu.be/QDViACDYxnQ?t=14m57s
>>
File: huntingpie.jpg (31KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
huntingpie.jpg
31KB, 400x320px
>>89270532

> MEN
> non-existence using the most vile, brutal, cheesy, and offensive tactics imaginable.

Sure.
>>
>>89270555
>Easy,
>sink/launch a nuke tipped torpedo/deapth charge into the water
That would not be easy as the mountain of water would be a mech. A torpedo wouldn't be able to get that close because she would be using currents to push it away or sniping it from a distance.

>Are these FTL craft moving faster than the speed of light an in atmosphere?
They probably can. Whether or not they can do combat maneuvers with it is unknown but they have taken off with FTL from earth.
>>
>>89270692
My faith lies in humanity, not science itself. Besides, disregarding religion and spiritual matters, why would you not have faith in scientific inquiries? They can get things wrong, or be modified, but answers DO exist.
>>
>>89270639
>New Gorillaz song
THANK YOU, ANON
>>
>>89270789
Science takes a long time to get anywhere, dude. That's why. We don't have the time to try and figure out the tech of a civilization hundreds of THOUSANDS of years ahead of us.
>>
>>89270827
And that's were I disagree. The pressure of war and the designs of tech already made with the science in place would make it so we could figure it out. I'm not well versed on the subject, but didn't technology greatly advance in a fast degree due to the World Wars?
>>
>>89270878
Yes it developed past simple transistors to more, smaller transistors.
>>
>>89270789
>My faith lies in humanity
Well, you're gonna be disappointed everytime.
>>
>>89270782
>That would not be easy as the mountain of water would be a mech. A torpedo wouldn't be able to get that close because she would be using currents to push it away or sniping it from a distance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VA-111_Shkval
That thing moves at 370 km/h. To stop that, you would need a current moving at an equal, opposite speed, in which case you fire a ridiculous amount into the water, making it impossible to stop all of them.

Nukes, on the other hand, will vaporize large quantities of the water, if not most of it.
>>
>>89270751
You posted this the last time we had this thread.
What point are you trying to make exactly?
>>
>>89270922
I just did a small search and got results for better medicine, extensive work into radar, plastics, and other things. I think you may be undervaluing that period, but like I said earlier, I'm not well-versed.

>>89270941
Haven't been disappointed yet.
>>
>>89270751
>>89270963
Wait are you saying you don't like the Uzi 9mm...?

Why not?
>>
>>89270987
>Haven't been disappointed yet.
You will if you get cancer and all the experimental cures you hear about on science websites aren't coming into use in your dwindling amount of time.
>>
>>89270588
>If the Rubies can figure out the flight console and its star-map then so can a human.
Gems pop out of the ground already knowing the essentials for their role. They didn't have to figure it out, they already know how to do that as part of their transportation and escort role, and are pretty much idiots at everything else.
>>
>>89270805
avoid the /co/ discussion thread going on right now it's a /pol/ shit storm
>>
>>89271025
Jeesh anon you sound like a very negative person, I'm not so self-centered to care about that. The fact that there is treatment at all comforts me enough.
>>
>>89271069
Now you made me curious.
>>
>>89271069
I already saw the comments on the video. I didn't like the song anyway.
>>
File: billnyecon.jpg (73KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
billnyecon.jpg
73KB, 300x301px
>>89270963

that militarywank fundamentally misunderstands war, fighting, and humanity in general. It's the same reason I hate warhammer 40k. I'm not opposed to saying that war is necessary or that there are good people in the military ( of course there are, and there are plenty of them), but rather that gunwank is the sort of thing people do when they've never experienced combat or real suffering in general and it warps our overall view of the real world
(even if you don't think it does.)
>>
>>89271079
>The fact that there is treatment at all comforts me enough
But there's not. It's experimental and not tested on humans yet so basically just theoretical. You'll see then that technology doesn't progress as fast as you hope when it matters.
>>
File: sighshrug.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
sighshrug.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>89271153
Guns are fun though!
>>
>>89270922
In WW2, Germany went from using this, https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8d/Henschel_Hs_123_in_flight.jpg
to this,
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/82/Messerschmitt_Me_262_Schwable.jpg

From this
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1975-117-26%2C_Marschflugk%C3%B6rper_V1_vor_Start.jpg/300px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1975-117-26%2C_Marschflugk%C3%B6rper_V1_vor_Start.jpg
to this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-2_rocket#/media/File:Fus%C3%A9e_V2.jpg

It took the US something like 3 years to develop the nuke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technology_during_World_War_II#The_atomic_bomb
>>
>>89268751
I thought that was simply Earth artifacts Rose collected. She also had a penny, (i know its a batcave reference but still.) Was that used in the battle against HW?
>>
>>89271180

I'm fine with guns, Heck I shoot guns for fun. I hate gunwank and militarywank. Theres a difference
>>
>>89271178
I was referring to chemo. On that line though, it would comfort me that they are at least experimenting on better treatments for cancer.

>when it matters.
Death happens, I'm not going to be a pissy faggot that pushes blame unto a whole race for not using something that isn't even guarantee'd to work.

You don't strike me as one that appreciates the things you have in life.
>>
>>89271135
I liked the song. But I understand why it's getting bad reaction. There's nothing really mind blowing about it, and since it's their first track in six fucking years people were expecting another top tier track like to binge or demon days. It sounds like something from the fall. They used a basic FL studios drunk kit for the instrumental, at least in the first half.
>>
>>89271264

I'm still hopeful for the next album, that song isn't going to be on it and I've always felt that gorillaz works better as albums rather than singles
>>
>>89271251
>On that line though, it would comfort me that they are at least experimenting on better treatments for cancer.
And they've been experimenting for an incredibly long time, but cancer still exists and is considered usually incurable. Terminal and incurable diseases shouldn't even exist if science was as magical as you want it to be.
>>
>>89271239

>I'm fine with guns, Heck I shoot guns for fun. I hate gunwank and militarywank. Theres a difference
Anon, it's important that we remember who we are, and what we are.

Guns are tools for killing. We as humans are killers. But we choose not to kill. Today.

It's important to remember that every day is a conscious decision to not kill and a struggle against our nature but to listen to appeal to a better unnatural self that we uphold as decent and bring something more important into the world.

Without that we are just killers.
>>
>>89271293
>gorillaz works better as albums rather than singles

Agreed. Even if the new album is something like the fall I'll eat it up, hope they drop the album before summer, that'll be perfect timing...
>>
>>89271264
I'm still excited for the songs they've spent more time on anyway. I usually only like a few songs on each Gorillaz album anyway.
>>
>>89271316
You're comparing two completely different circumstances. If we received a definite cure for cancer, then we could reverse-engineer it for mass-production.

> science was as magical as you want it to be.
Science has remained pretty magical to me still, seeing all those new prosthetic makes me absolutely giddy. Not to mention the VR products available.
>>
>>89271398
listen to demon days cover to cover on Psilocybin mushrooms
>>
>>89271417
>If we received a definite cure for cancer, then we could reverse-engineer it for mass-production
What. A cure for cancer isn't nearly as complex as gem technology and we haven't even figured that out. VR tech and prosthetics are all incremental advancements based on stuff we've had forever. Gem technology isn't that. Why am I still arguing with you?
>>
>>89271346
Anon, it's way too late for you to be out of bed.
>>
>>89265779

To Save Our Mother Earth From Any Alien Attack
From Vicious Giant Women Who Have Once Again Comeback
We'll Unleash All Our Forces We Won't Cut Them Any Slack
THE EDF DEPLOY!
>>
>>89271515
No need to be mean.
>>
>>89268397

Gems invent weapons specifically to shatter other gems. Humans could do the exact same thing. Shoot the bodies so they revert to gems and have a few guys just shatter them before they reform.
>>
>>89271417
>seeing all those new prosthetic makes me absolutely giddy. Not to mention the VR products available.
Sounds like you just like pop science then, which focuses on making small inventions very pop whizzy bang! The idea that we can make a complicated camera doesn't compare to teleportation.
>>
File: Grupo-space_marine.jpg (46KB, 620x443px) Image search: [Google]
Grupo-space_marine.jpg
46KB, 620x443px
How many gems would homeworld need to stop a single space marine company from fucking up something like the human zoo, or similar?
>>
>>89270555
>She would be detected as soon as she had a volume of water larger than a small aircraft.

Are you retarded? How in the FUCK would someone monitor this minimal amount of water in relation to the entire water of the planet?
>>
>>89271025
That's because of greed, and "moral considerations" which don't actually make logical or moral sense.

Look at the whole Martin Shkreli, Daraprim incident. People flipped out because he raised the price of a drug that has been in use for over 60 years. Wait, 60 years? Where is the outrage that pharmaceuticals haven't advanced beyond the 50s? Where is the outrage that these companies only spend something like 3% of their budgets on R&D? Martin Shkreli was a scapegoat for big pharma, the real bad guys in the industry.

"Oh, we can't test that drug on humans until we test it on rats."

"But, they are terminally ill. Why not at least test it on them, maybe it will save them/provide some relief."

"No, it isn't proven fit for human use. We have to test it in rats first. The terminally ill don't want to take risks. What if it kills them? We wouldn't want that now!"
>>
>>89271552
>Gems invent weapons specifically to shatter other gems
Only one did that and the other ones didn't like it at all. Gems are really made uncomfortable by true death as immortal beings should be.
>>
>>89271575
The human zoo is barely guarded.
>>
>>89271511
The point isn't complexity, the point I've stated several times is that with technology already in place with proper scientific properties, we could figure out how it works. And incremental advancements are still progressive and cool to me.

>>89271572
But scientist were successful in in quantum teleportation and deemed it possible.
>The idea that we can make a complicated camera doesn't compare to teleportation.
Perhaps to you, but advancement is advancement to me. One day humans used peg legs, then crutches, and now something like this is possible.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLwTJMyoB8
>>
>>89271604
I guess I can't really know how fast medicine would advance if not for greed but I think it's a good comparison.
>>
>>89270706
You have to think this in the contex of a war, not in the context of the show.

Heres the problem i was talking about, the moment you start thinking about anything that you just mentioned it falls apart inmediently, thats why you have to choose betwen real world and cartoon logic, both cant exist in this context without contradicting itself.

In real life a civilization that advanced wouldnt even bother with making war with another planet that primitive, they would just destroy it if they cared even a little about it, it wouldnt even bother with "resorces" since they have tech so advance its magic they probably have something akin to the philosophers stone, and they wouldnt be making war on land charging eachother with swords. But thats what happens in SU, so one has to acomodate logic to that line of thinking, they are an advance civilization with advance technology filled with incompetent retards.
>>
>>89271649
>1:00
That man is so smug holy shit
>>
>>89270946
>in which case you fire a ridiculous amount into the water, making it impossible to stop all of them.

You realize that by the time you get into position to actually fire torpedoes or nukes, the ocean will already be either in orbit or crashing down on top of the White House, right?
>>
>>89271729
But we haven't seen how they fight these days. For all we know they didn't have the advanced laser tech back then. What Lapis said when she got back would imply that. Back then they had swords as we saw from flashbacks, now they use destabilizer weapons. That's only to combat what they thought was a small group of rogue gems. They sent a good soldier who should have been enough for what they were informed about.
>>
>>89271649
>One day humans used peg legs, then crutches, and now something like this is possible
And that took hundreds of years. WHY AM I STILL ARGUING WITH YOU.
>>
>>89271153
Are you retarded? Any soldiers involved in this wouldn't be fighting against other people. They would be fighting for the survival of all of humanity.

Humans can be very cruel when fighting to protect their own groups. We have exterminated many species of animals which simply annoy or inconvenience us, let alone threaten us. Look at actual war crimes, and see how dehumanizing your enemy takes away major moral objections to atrocities. Now apply that to a non-human species, and you don't even need to dehumanize them.

Plenty of psychopaths go to war. I would argue that they are drawn to it. You see that sort of behavior all the time, especially in recent wars. Then consider the Generals, who don't care or consider the moral impact of their campaigns. Think people wouldn't harm their own people in order to achieve victory? Read up on the Fulda Gap, and Scorched Earth.

Good soldiers are amoral, and blindly follows orders. A bad soldier is one who thinks. Wars are fought with the most vile, brutal, cheesy, and offensive tactics imaginable. To call that "militarywank" or "gunwank" is stupid. That is how wars are fought.
>>
>>89271575

>YD: "Oh, no! Those Spehss Monkeys are fucking up that zoo I wanted Blue to destroy. Oh, well. Nothing to be done about it now."

Then she waits until everything is destroyed and blasts them all into a dark oblivion with some sort of cancer-ray powered by hate and the souls of sad orphans. Khorne later asks her out on an angry date.
>>
>>89271841
The advancement points get shorter and shorter the further we go. There's a term called Moore's Law but I think that it is related only to computers. But the idea is similar. I'm not going to bother reiterating my point anymore because it seems you keep ignoring it. The inherent problem between this conversation seems to be our differing perspectives on humanity's potential.

I admit that I am an optimist in this case, so I don't feel bad in saying that a realist thought CAN be wrong.

>WHY AM I STILL ARGUING WITH YOU
Why are you getting so upset?
>>
>>89271995
Funny thing about Moore's Law. it plateau'd, and it did so really fast.
>>
>>89271953
>Implying Greg MURDERCOCK Universe isn't powered by slaanesh and wouldn't fuck them to death.
>>
>>89271995
What I and others are trying to explain to you is that it doesn't work the way you think it does. We can advance on technology we already understand but we can't do anything with technology we can't understand or use. Especially not if it uses processes and physics we aren't aware of or don't fully grasp. Humans are very smart yes but none are smart enough to magically figure out how this kind of things works or else we would have unraveled all the mysteries of the universe since the universe is just one big piece of complex technology.

You can make a jump from penicillin to more advanced cures or light bulbs to cathode ray tubes with enough thinking. But you can't make a jump from circuitry to something that uses dark energy.
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 262x192px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 262x192px
>>89271579

Am I retarded? AM I RETARDED?

Fuck off dumb cunt. We aren't analysing every drop of water on earth, and this isn't the 15th century, we have fucking radar and satellite imagery.

http://www.utilitymagazine.com.au/detecting-water-leaks-from-space/

Radar is fucking reflected by seawater. That means a mass of seawater would be detected by radar. If a radar system can detect an aircraft, it can also detect a mass of water the same size as an aircraft. It's basic, very basic. Radar has been around for over 70 years now. This isn't brand new prototypical tech. This is widespread shit.

>>89271812

>Get into position to fire nukes or torpedoes

wat
are you
retarded?

The USA and Russia could launch all their nukes at a moment's notice. As I said above, water being moved at any reasonable scale could easily be detected. A floating mass of water would stand out, right? That isn't normal, right? Please tell me you aren't that retarded.
>>
>>89272115
>we can't do anything with technology we can't understand or use.
And that's where I differ because I believe with a working sample we can learn how to understand new concepts.
>universe is just one big piece of complex technology.
>Comparing the universe to a gadget.
Come on now.
>But you can't make a jump from circuitry to something that uses dark energy.
I disagree.

Seeing as how the scenario that we described hasn't even occurred, unless you count conspiracies, I don't think it wise to say for a fact it is impossible. I respect your thought, but I think you're wrong. However, I'm tapping out for the night so I guess you guys win.
>>
>>89272192
>The USA and Russia could launch all their nukes at a moment's notice
Another thing. If we're fighting a force that requires nukes on earth we're fucked anyway.
>>
>>89271225
Nope. They were soldiers that fought alongside her.
>>
>>89264722
Being smarter than a potato. That show is crawling with retards.
>>
>>89272317
>>89272192
Fun fact, for 20 years, the code for all minuteman stations for launching those nukes was, 00000

So if you just started sequentially guessing the launch code and started at all "0"'s, you'd guess right the first try.
>>
>>89271816

They had spaceships with lasers back then and time travel and warp technology and the explosive star (or whatever it was called) that was basically a gem nuke, why wouldnt they use any of that against the people that murdered one of their demigods when theres nothing at stake for them on earth is the reason i just told you you cant use realworld logic in this cartoon.

We are talking of the same people that think that a gigantic, mindless frankenstein monster is a good idea for a weapon when just grabing a bigass rock and stapping FTL engines to it is a far better weapon than that could ever be.

Also jasper, the perfect quartz, had a hammer hat for a weapon, that alone tells you everything you need to know about homeworld.
>>
>>89272516
There was also a bunker where they kept warheads that had its door just open for years until someone found it. And there was that time America almost nuked itself but didn't because the warheads were busted.
>>
>>89272317
Launching all nukes maybe. Launching some nukes? Not really.
>>
>>89270946

Lapis has been show to move shit through water at will. Its basically like her water constructs, used internally instead of budding off.

If your attack has to travel through the water to get to her, chances are good it won't reach her.
>>
>>89272192
>at a moment's notice.

There's a 4 minute nuclear response time just to get the go-ahead to launch. For the nukes themselves to be in the air and en route to target is another 15 minimum; likely closer to 30 minutes to allow for security checks and subs to ascend to firing depth.

It took only a few minutes for Lapis to steal half the ocean and form it into a tower with a cracked gem. There is literally -LITERALLY- no possible way to mount a ballistics-based defense against her before she does irreparable harm to the Earth, be it by a direct water based assault or simply moving the oceans into orbit.

To say nothing of the fact that Ocean Gem showed Lapis is capable of sensing things near the water she's controlling, so even if you manage to get nukes in the air before she fucks you in the ass with the Dead Sea she'll be able to see them all coming well before they're able to hit her. Mounting an appropriate defense is stupidly easy at that point, be it freezing them all in place or simply flying up out of their range.
>>
File: lapis anime eyes.jpg (146KB, 1280x699px) Image search: [Google]
lapis anime eyes.jpg
146KB, 1280x699px
>Lapis gathers all the water into a single place
>WE'LL NUKE HER
>All of Earth's water is now irradiated
>>
>>89272657
Did you read the link? The torpedo creates a gas bubble which it moves through, rather than moving through the water itself. Even then, all you have to do is vaporize the water and you have a direct shot.
>>
File: dubstepgun.jpg (38KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
dubstepgun.jpg
38KB, 480x360px
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYvn_1_R_ho
>>
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q657rEkgfKs
Let's show those gay space rocks who means business.
>>
>>89272533
>when just grabing a bigass rock and stapping FTL engines to it is a far better weapon

To be fair, if you FTL a rock into a planet you can't harvest that planet's Life Goo any more. The Cluster would be far more effective at pacification.

I mean, not for Earth. Earth is fucked and the only reason Yellow Diamond hasn't glassed us yet is because her science fair potato project is sleeping in our crust.
>>
>>89272814

I hated SR4 with a passion but holy shit the DSG is the greatest fucking weapon in any game ever.
>>
>>89264722

The only situations where we have an advantage is where we get to use all of our military armor and air power and the gems restrain themselves ONLY to personal melee combat tactics. Even then, we can expect surprisingly heavy losses due to magic abilities.

Explosives are surprisingly weak against gems. They handle concussive force very well. A large scale bombardment of a gem attack force is more likely to poof half of them than kill any of them, and any poofed gem can be very quickly bubbled and teleported back home, meaning that you spent millions of dollars just to make them attack again tomorrow.

A lot of people keep pointing to the gems love of melee combat as a weakness. I think that's because they fail to realize why that's true. If mankind could just jump 2 miles and land in the middle of enemies ranks to tear ass with a giant axe that can cut through tanks, we probably wouldn't place much stock in the so called 'range advantage' of guns either. They can close distance so quickly due to their strength and speed that predominately ranged combat against them is doomed to failure unless they literally cannot reach you. Hell, Garnet can THROW AMYTHEST far enough to knock a plane out of the sky. And the vast majority of wounds that we can inflict on gems are not only not lethal, they are not even permanent. A human who steps on a landmine is either dead or crippled. A Gem who steps on a landmine is either unharmed or needs to take a 2 minute rest before continuing.

The only battle we can really expect to win against gems is either if we have an overwhelming numerical advantage against a small number of unsupported gems (I'd probably want 500+ dudes with tank support and modern weapons to go after just the 3 Crystal Gems if I was serious about killing them, and I'm expecting heavy losses) or if we can just bomb them from the air and they are not 'allowed' to neutralize that advantage with their own ships or weapons.
>>
File: 1451699805465.jpg (139KB, 1059x1130px) Image search: [Google]
1451699805465.jpg
139KB, 1059x1130px
>>89272758
Yeah, you waifu can do everything, but can she cure her depression?
>>
What do we know about weapons and military in Steven Universe? Have guns ever been shown other than water pistols? The map of the world shows that Russia basically doesn't exist, so what if this is a world where the nuclear arms race and cold war never occurred?

Gems themselves? Oh yeah they could be mowed down by simple automatic machine guns, even with vast numbers. The real threat comes from their tech, mainly their ships and such. For how powerful those are I don't think we really have a reference other than "4 space rocks with 3 obsolete cannons can't shoot down a giant hand".
>>
>>89272963
Plus they do have ranged weapons themselves. We haven't seen gems vs guns but it makes more sense that they wouldn't be very susceptible. I can imagine Jasper being totally impervious to most bullets. Pearl is able to be stabbed by a sword but that is a Pearl. It's never been displayed but is it too much to imagine that Jasper would have harder skin than Pearl? Garnet can walk through lava with no damage.
>>
File: vidalia.png (240KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
vidalia.png
240KB, 680x383px
>>89273058
>What do we know about weapons and military in Steven Universe?
It's probably the same as what we have today.
>>
>>89273062

Jasper was at the center of an explosion that destroy the hand ship, and then survived the fall from orbit to crash on Earth, and was STILL IN CONDITION TO PUT UP A FIGHT.

Jasper is obscenely tough. The idea that she could be seriously harmed by bullets is pretty laughable.
>>
>>89273092
My memories of this show are faulty. I should have remembered that because I thought it was a pretty badass moment for a cartoon for babies. Thanks.
>>
File: 1426032969866.jpg (49KB, 500x652px) Image search: [Google]
1426032969866.jpg
49KB, 500x652px
>>89273027
>Implying I'd want her too
>>
File: edf_____by_adamburn-d5ypdq6.jpg (1MB, 1300x877px) Image search: [Google]
edf_____by_adamburn-d5ypdq6.jpg
1MB, 1300x877px
>>89271538
EDF!!! EDF!!! EDF!!! EDF!!!
>>
>>89273291
Pretty funny that guns are so frowned upon in cartoons when tons of Americans have them.
>>
>>89272818
>Life Goo
Im fucking tired of that stupid ass retarded excuse for a plot, life isnt a mistical magical thing, "sucking the life out of earth" isnt a real thing, we get nutrients from from plants and animals to survive, and those can be redused to simple things one can find everywhere in the universe, we dont consume the fucking soul of a cow to live another year theres nothing in earth you cant find in any other planet of the galaxy, jewels arents special, here on earth we can make small diamonds theres no reason why they couldnt do it better and faster. Theres maybe another 12 more things wrong with this but im going to stop sperging here.

Anyway, no, gem frankenstein is still stupid idea just like gigant robots or flying cars are stupid ideas, its posible but not practical or cheap or safe and its outshined by simpler ideas.

Heres another weapon idea if you dont want the planet vaporised, grab another big rock and strap another slower, but still pretty fucking fast engine, instant meteor.
>>
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9jbdsTkTmQ
Diplomacy has failed!
>>
>>89273427
The gems literally absorb minerals from the earth in order to reproduce. Calm your autism.
>>
>>89273482
hence the reason i said they could do this in any other planet of the galaxy, the whole show relies on not thinking about anything, the only good thing about the show are the caracters and maybe the music.
>>
>>89273660
Not all planets have the same minerals we do. We have all the conditions for gems. That's not the case on other planets at least not to our knowledge. Sure they have some but maybe not all.
>>
>>89265065
How many oceans worth of water do you think it would take to destroy every building on the continent of North America?
>>
File: 1366930057409.jpg (44KB, 281x137px) Image search: [Google]
1366930057409.jpg
44KB, 281x137px
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfVsfOSbJY0
>>
>>89272725
>>89273780

Moving that much water in such a short period of time is physically impossible without warping reality to a point that everyone on earth would be dead anyway.

This show is so retarded. It's impossible to suspend disbelief unless you are also retarded. If it were realistic, Lapis would be fucked in the ass by a hail of cluster missiles from every nation the moment she began to move any sizeable amount of water, which would take some time, let alone moving an entire ocean, containing a few hundred million cubic kilometers of water with a "magic" gem.
>>
>>89273921
>This cartoon about magic aliens is so unrealistic! The military wouldn't let that happen!
Okay
>>
>>89273964
No, the cartoon is internally inconsistent, not just unrealistic.
>>
>>89273985
Nothing internally inconsistent about Lapis not getting attacked by missiles when she stole all the water
>>
>>89274000
The speed at which she steals the water, and the fact that she can somehow magic away any military response while doing so is internally inconsistent in a show which at least acknowledges that the laws of physics are similar to our own.

Moving that amount of water would change the orbit of the Earth. Earth itself would be pulled towards the mass of water, which would complicate things further.

Why would they even do this? This isn't the most efficient way of destroying Earth. Simply launch a large meteor into it at ftl speeds and everyone is fucked.

This show is retarded, not because it is unrealistic, but because it's full of powerwank and internal inconsistencies.
>>
>Homeworld wants it for resources
No they don't. They did, but then they said fuck that and decided to use The Cluster.
Humanity would be fucked. There's no way of stopping than ourselves.
>>
>>89273482
wtf, they are Tiberium?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i9t2rbTf-g
>>
>>89273706
Actually we do have the same minerals as the rest of the universe and the only conditions for making gems are heat and pressure, theres nothing special about earth.
>>
>>89274108
>The speed at which she steals the water, and the fact that she can somehow magic away any military response while doing so is internally inconsistent in a show which at least acknowledges that the laws of physics are similar to our own.
No it's not. That's not what internal consistency means. This show clearly shows how its physics works and it's not inconsistent with them. It's not the real world and you thinking it is just means you're stupid.
>>
>>89274187
Yeah. Have you not seen any of the episodes with the kindergartens?
>>
>>89274306
The show doesn't clearly show anything. These gem creatures which are somehow intelligent enough to travel at ftl speeds, flip between retarded and infinitely powerful.

If it has been proven that an entire ocean has already been moved, the entire world would have been fucked once Lapis stopped manipulating it. The world would already have been wracked by global tsunamis, and every city on Earth would have been completely demolished. Did that happen?
>>
File: 1400281499549.gif (494KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1400281499549.gif
494KB, 500x280px
>>89265779
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V117Ycxb6a0
BRING ON THE WRECKING MACHINE!!!
>>
>>89274423
That's not what internal consistency means you literal autistic retard.
>>
>>89274457
How about you enlighten us on what internal consistency means then.
>>
>>89274513
Internal consistency means that the work has a system of logic that it follows. That doesn't mean that if it looks like real life it follows real life rules. That's retarded. It means that within the world that is set as long as things make sense within the world it's fine.
Just because Steven Universe takes place on earth doesn't mean that it's going to follow the exact system of gravity or whatever other shit you want just because it's earth. That's retarded.
>>
>>89264722
Can't they just shoot a gem to destroy it?
>>
>>89274590
What system of gravity does the world follow then? Magical gravity, which is conveniently different in only very specific ways as to allow the plot to exist?

I suppose they could deus ex machina every internal inconsistency away if they wanted to.

"Nah, you're basing it on the real world laws of physics! It's slightly different only on that issue!"

If they did that for every internal inconsistency, then it would be consistent. But then it would suffer from another issue, which is shitty, lazy writing, and that is just as bad if not worse.
>>
>>89272725
>it took only a few minutes for Lapis to steal half the ocean and

No it took TWO DAYS and she only took enough water for a tower a few miles high, beach city to look like a desert, and the rest of the world to not notice or care. The ocean is MASSIVE and that thin tower still within breathable atmosphere is hardly the ocean being drained. And no matter what, it still took her at least a day and a half and at most two days.
>>
>>89274645
>What system of gravity does the world follow then?
The one that you saw in the show you fucking retard. You're literally arguing that a cartoon isn't totally realistic like the writers care about gravity in a show about talking space rocks. Never bring your retardation into my sight again.
>>
>>89274665
That high up wouldn't have been breathable. You can breathe in space in this show.
>>
>>89267047
Xcom ain't got shit on these guys
>>
If a rock can crack a gem, what do you think a bullet will do?
>>
>>89274680
Not him but

>The serious part of the shows plot requires everyone to be retarded and nothing to make sense
>>
>>89274788
I dont think wings can work in space either
>>
>>89274860
There's probably air in space since you can breathe and talk.
>>
>>89274874
That really made me think
>>
File: OItnWGv.png (62KB, 300x200px)
OItnWGv.png
62KB, 300x200px
>>89274680
>You're literally arguing that a cartoon isn't totally realistic like the writers care about gravity in a show about talking space rocks.

No, I'm arguing that it is internally inconsistent. Which it is.

>Never bring your retardation into my sight again.

Wow, edgy man. I'll be sure to stay away from your reddit-tier genius. P-please anon, don't tip your fedora towards me, I'm trembling.

Fuck off retard. It's internally inconsistent. The one we saw in the show... hmmm... let's see then.

The one we saw in the show which holds planets in a spherical shape, holds the atmosphere and the oceans to Earth, and allows for water to be affected by the moon in order to produce tides. Okay.

Water has mass and is attracted to the Earth, and by extension, vice versa. This law is nullified when Lapis moves the ocean, for some reason. Also, when she stops moving the ocean, the entire world isn't flooded and fucked over, because plot.

wat

How is any of that internally consistent? Because of magic? You know what we call that? Lazy, shitty writing. End of discussion.

Anyway, I'll let you go to bed. It's a bit late, and I know your parents are probably screaming at you so you aren't late getting up for school tomorrow.
>>
>>89268885
Shotguns and e-tools would also be effective for clean up operations. So any gems that were only poofed can be dug up and shattered.
>>
>>89269319
You know what... fair enough
>>
>>89274935
You are the most autistic person I've ever seen on here.
>>
>>89269282
Their ships are also slower than a turtle having a stroke dip-fuck, an F-18 would do laps around that oversized foam finger
>>
>>89274860
>>89274874

That also got me thinking, how could she make a huge water tower and water clones that all acted indivially and fucked the CGs but she couldnt make tiny little wings? Its not something big and tiresome like the huge water tower or as complex as the water clones or the water face she made in the water tower
>>
>>89275113
That part of her gem must have been cracked. The same reason she couldn't display her face properly. The gems are their brain and that part was busted.
>>
Controlled gunfire from an advantageous position. Mow those sword wielding fucks down like grass.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=W5MAwyMOmbg
>>
>>89267460
I'm gonna say it now: I cried like a bitch when I heard MCA died. Beastie Boys was one of the bands that soundtracked my childhood. I'll never forget that, and I'll never forget them.
Also, nice track choice.
>>
>>89275113
*Individually
>>
File: stop.jpg (57KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
57KB, 1280x720px
>>89275038
>doesn't know what Autism means
>uses it as an insult anyway

I think you should go to bed m8.
>>
>>89275143
If thats the case why couldnt she make a water bird and fly? Or a water clone of herself with water wings to carry her?
>>
>>89274630
I would think so. Amethyst fell on her gem and it cracked. The only reason she lived is that magical healing pond. She at most hit that rock at terminal velocity at most. We have guns that can that deliver that payload easily. They also have shown that they can be hurt with a sharp object. So yeah we could do that as a means of defense. But I honestly don't think we could win a full on war with them with the technology we have know and the technology they have.
>>
>>89275221
Maybe she can't use it like that. Or maybe it didn't occur to her or she wasn't really thinking things through.
>>
The sheer amount of technological ignorance in this thread is depressing.
>>
no
>>
>>89275247
Or the creators didn't think that shit through. Its a kids show, visual elements takes precedence over meta.
>>
>>89275436
Enlighten us
>>
File: 1421728680307.png (114KB, 405x400px) Image search: [Google]
1421728680307.png
114KB, 405x400px
>>89275200
Better an autist than a retard anon.
>>
>>89275447
Sure. Lapis needed to get healed before she left.
>>
>>89275449
Why? you niggers reject everything you don't like or understand and just label it autism. Thats a dance i've danced through in many boards i ain't dancing it in one of the most intellectually numb board there is.
>>
>>89275500
She was already pulling massive amounts of water to escape the atmosphere the fuck did she need healing for? Her cataracts?

Makes me wonder what would have happened if steve-o jizzed on her back.
>>
>>89275494
I dont know about that anon, retards can live happy in ignorance, autist are unhappy by defaut, ignorance is optional, but they are still sour fucks.
>>
>>89275658
>autist
I don't think you even know what an autist is or understand the medical conditions for which it could be applicable.

This what happens when a bunch of idiots starts using pronouns to label anything they can't grasp and or dislike.
>>
>>89275529
If you're going to claim that internal consistency is something it isn't then yes I will probably call you autistic. But we mostly talked about everything else without that word being used too often. What is it you have a problem with?
>>
>>89275627
>the fuck did she need healing for? Her cataracts?
Well yeah. She had freaky mirror eyes, couldn't fly, and was cracked. Who knows what they would have done to her when she got back in that state.
>>
>>89275494
>>89275658
What are you trying to say? You two are making very vague statements here.
>>
>>89275700
You should have picked three years ago to complain about the use of autist on this website. It's too late now. Everyone knows what you mean when you use the word on 4chan.
>>
>>89275700
t. autist
>>
>>89268443
>Roman times we're not NEARLY as advanced as we are now. Show a smart phone to the 1980's and they could reverse -engineer it fine.

I haven't really been following this thread much, but you're a dumbass if you think the Romans could understand how essentially any component of a smartphone except for the physical buttons functioned. You're asking someone who doesn't have a good understanding to reverse engineer a bunch of logic gates they can't even see which run on physics they don't understand.

As for the thread in general, Homeworld controls space, and gems consider the biosphere "kinda neat" rather than something they really need or have any use for. They grab some big rocks with the hand ships and throw them. After life on earth finishes mostly dying in an alien induced asteroid winter they do whatever they please.

That is of course if humans do actually pose any threat, otherwise that's a waste of rocks.
>>
>>89275796
He said someone in 1980 could reverse engineer it which is dumb because that's the opposite of the argument. The argument is that Romans couldn't do it. He thinks that just because electricity existed in 1980 they can look at any piece of future technology and figure it out which is bullshit.
>>
>>89275759
>point verified
Its like playing a game of memory cards with retards, bu you don't even bother flipping the cards.
>>
>>89275796
>>89275861
I don't think the proper equipment for reverse engineering a smartphone existed in the 80's.
>>
>>89275913
They could do it. What would happen is they'd be making a bunch of much bigger touch screen devices because the tech isn't small enough and they probably couldn't figure out wifi without another device to connect to but it would get them to the device that is a smart phone faster.
>>
>>89275861
That's what I get for sleepyposting. Even the 1980s would really struggle to do much with a modern chip though. the ARM 1 had a 1.5 micron process, which is about a hundred times less precise than a modern chip.

>>89275913
Reverse science it sure, there's very little in there that didn't exist in some form back then. Reproducing it would take a lot longer, especially if you want it to be remotely cost effective.

This is just stuff we already had proto-version of everything. Trying to reverse engineer gem tech is likely to be more like trying to reverse engineer a Sophon Proton from the 3 Body Problem. Essentially impossible.

>>89275933
Wifi (the protocol) wouldn't be hard, wireless computing networking existed in 1971 thanks to ALOHAnet. Replicating the integrated circuits which make it would would probably be harder, as would actually accessing any data on the phone.
>>
>>89275889
>Not understanding memes
>Getting upset over memes

4 chan might not be a place for you
>>
>>89276000
>Its a meme
>im not a retard i swear
>>
>>89276159
I thought you didn't like people using autist and retarded incorrectly.
>>
>>89276159

>point verified
>>
>>89267890
Yeah, I'm not sure how wide the tower was, but I'm pretty sure Lapis could have at least reached the moon if she used ALL the water.
>>
>>89276972
I'm now wondering how much water it takes to get from here to the moon. I doubt we have enough.
>>
>>89266362
>Gems have been shown to survive large blunt impacts, such as a high speed fall, but smaller piercing attacks, such as the training sword, can pierce them and destroy their hard light bodies. The gems themselves are also not incredibly durable; Amethyst's was cracked by falling on a rock at no less than terminal velocity.

I've stated this before, it's because Gems are durable but not shatter-proof. If you throw a giant boulder off a cliff it'll shatter to pieces. If you shoot it nonstop with AK-47's it won't break at all anywhere close to the cliff drop. The fall uses the object's own inertia upon hitting the ground, so it's basically like the object it hitting a boulder multiple times over. Tiny bullets won't do much.

Now high-grade weaponry, like top-tier armor piercing rounds, shrapnel and guns designed to penetrate durable foes might well shatter a Gem with sufficient force. Most basic hand guns and weapons will only dent or nick it at most.

Melee would definitely be the best option. But with regards to your point about Pearl, she's a Pearl. A servant house nigger basically, she's strong and skilled but they're not naturally trained to fight.

The biggest problem is obviously the lack of information, as
>We have no idea how the War went down or what strategies and tactics either side used, other than Rose tried recruiting by diplomatic means and Homeworld used Bio-weapons.

>And while Gem tech is undeniably advanced, I'm sure it wouldn't take long for humanity to steal and reverse engineer it.
Personal pet peeve, I hate this bullshit scifi trope. We still cannot reverse engineer ancient Roman cement technology and our own inventions from thousands of years ago, there's no reason to think we can decipher Alien tech in a different language and system of operations just "Because", it'd be like an ancient Egyptian or Greek trying to figure out how a computer works. Even their smartest philosophers and engineers would be clueless.
>>
>>89277138
>We still cannot reverse engineer ancient Roman cement technology and our own inventions from thousands of years ago,
Thank you. I wanted to mention that but didn't know any specific examples.
>>
>>89267492
That's not how it works.
Ruby's can only fuse like that because they're fodder and basically retarded simple minded creatures. We saw the 3 CG's attempt to fuse and they routinely all apart from lack of cohesion.
>>
>>89265779
SomeBODY ONCE TOLD ME
>>
>>89277138
>We still cannot reverse engineer ancient Roman cement technology and our own inventions from thousands of years ago,

I think the important difference is that Roman cement set long ago, and is not an actively functioning piece of technology.

If the Romans found say, a steam engine, I'm sure they could work out how it works. If they found a van degraaff generator or a voltaic pile that can generate a spark, then they could probably reverse engineer those too. Once they had done that, they would probably have a better understanding of how an internal combustion engine or cell phone works.

Similarly, if we were able to find a relatively simple example of alien technology, that is simple and displays the basic science and mechanics behind their more advanced tech, I'm sure we could reverse engineer our way through some of their more advanced tech.
>>
>>89264722
>I think the only big issue is their ships, but it seems they would much rather go toe-to-toe instead of blasting the planet that has resources they want.
Yellow Diamond made it clear that the only resource she cared about was the cluster gestating inside the earth that would destroy it completely when it emerged. In fact she stated flat out that the Earth being completely destroyed was a preference. There would be little to no ground war to speak of so any talk of human guns being able to outmatch gem's individual weapons is irrelevant.
>>
>>89277134
The volume of the ocean is 321 million cubic miles. The moon is 238900 miles away. The volume of a cylinder equals pi multiplied by the squared radius multiplied by height. Unless I'm very very wrong, even if the radius of Lapis's tower was one mile, and it was FAR narrower than that, if she had all the water in the ocean, not only could she reach the moon, she could reach the SUN.

Fortunately Lapis was unable to do this in the show, which means that her hydrokinesis has a limit to it.
>>
>>89277206
That's because they're so individual and also different gems. The rubies are taught to think the same. They probably don't have many different experiences. The crystal gems are actually people with different stuff going on.
>>
>>89265779
Anything made by our Lord and Saviour Gigi Dag
>>
>>89277138
>it'd be like an ancient Egyptian or Greek trying to figure out how a computer works.

The ancient romans I'm pretty sure had a primitive computing device. It wasn't like circuits or transistors but it was basically a work in progress of a primitive calculator. Give them a few decades with a smart phone and they'll start perfecting primitive computers.

I'm not saying any individual person could understand it, but give any era time and they'd figure it out.
>>
>>89277243
Actually, if someone looked at a shot of the tower when Lapis and Steven were standing on it and made guesses as to the radius (by approximating Steven and Lapis's heights) and how high up they were while still having breathable air, you could probably figure out how many cubic miles of seawater Lapis stole.
>>
>>89277223
Steam engines aren't THAT advanced. They knew what steam was back then and they knew how to make it and they probably did have some very primitive steam technology somewhere around that time.
>Generating a spark will tell them how a cell phone works
No. A cell phone works using invisibly small transistors packed onto a microchip. If they took that out and looked at it they would have no idea what they were even seeing. A combustion engine sure that's simple mechanics. Once you get past stuff people can make with their hands you're out of luck on people being able to look and create it. You need machines to make microchips and you need super advanced machines to make whatever the gem tech is based off of. Probably some kind of self assembling nanotechnology. You can't figure it out. If you gave us a microchip that accomplished the same tasks as the ones we use but instead of electricity it just worked on its own with no outside power we couldn't figure it out.

>if we were able to find a relatively simple example of alien technology
But none of it is simple. They've moved beyond moving gears and hydraulics into a world of something beyond what we have now. There's no moving part to look at and figure out it just works.
>>
>>89264722
If a sword can poof a gem then a gun should be to do so to I think the real issue would be gems like lapis lazulis
>>
>>89277303
Somebody get on it!
>>
>>89277223
There's a cut off point and difference between "Being benefited by technology you can engineer" and "Technology so advanced you have absolutely no way to understand it."

A Steam Engine isn't complex, just powerful. They had steam tech with their baths and aqueducts. They could see and manipulate the giant parts within a Steam Engine.

But given a fucking computer, they have absolutely no way to understand what the parts mean or are, because they don't have electricity nor can see the tiny nanoscopic transistor chips or smaller-than-the-eye parts, nor understand how the logic works. Same with TV, or most tech. But given a Car or crude vehicle (No circuits), I think they could figure that out.

Guns and most weapons? Yes sure. They could reproduce very simple guns and weapons similar.
Nukes or IBMs, guided rockets? They'd never have a clue.

Technology works weirdly like that. Reminds me of that scifi story where Aliens with FtL ships hadn't even discovered any real tech beyond 1600 fire arm muskets and find themselves completely outclassed when invading earth, because they were lucky enough to stumble upon a Hyperspace drive in their technological evolution.
>>
File: IMG_3745.jpg (54KB, 829x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3745.jpg
54KB, 829x711px
>>89271005
>Uzi
>gun in picture is Cobray M11/9
>>
>>89277326
>they were lucky enough to stumble upon a Hyperspace drive in their technological evolution.
How the fuck did that happen other than them finding it laying around and figuring out how to use it?
>>
>>89277243
Are the nitpicks here really significant? I've followed the argument but it seems to miss out the basic point.

One Lapis can cause a kilometer wide Tsunami. The water required for that Tower would wipe out any mayor coast. She can kill millions on the coast and wipe out coastal cities easily. Sure we could go after her, but then the question becomes "How many Lapises are there?"
And if the answer is like even atleast a 1000, we're pretty fucked. 2/3rds of our population lives near a coast.
>>
>>89277289
How the fuck is THAT a computer?
Fill me in. It doesn't even look like it could tell time.
>>
>>89277289
I was remembering that thing but I didn't have any details to speak on it. Isn't that some calculator device we have no idea how it works? It's the same thing. If they continued on technology using that they may have come up with something totally different from what we have. They wouldn't have reached transistors with that.
>>
>>89277346
Well yeah, Lapis could probably wipe out most coastal cities in a very short amount of time, my nitpicking is mostly unrelated.
>>
>>89277341
It was just something they discovered.
Think about physics. We were able to invent the formula for the Nuclear bomb and nuclear power before we could put a man on the moon or conceive of space travel.

I guess the idea is their theoretical limitations were far more limitless and advanced than their tech itself, which hadn't caught on militarily. They only branched and utilized their science into discovering how to conquer FtL space, not anything else. Aren't we the same way? Take away Nukes and rockets and, we still use just bullets commonly despite knowing Quantum Physics, because that's all that's required of us. There's no need for fancy rayguns or stormtrooper blasters.
>>
>>89264722
I wonder why homeworld needs so many warriors
Did they ever fight a war against someone else than other gems?
>>
>>89277365
Yeah, they think it's a computer or something on the path to computing but have absolutely no idea how it works or can compute, the mindset is completely different.

And like you said, if they'd been given time to continue it, they'd branch an entirely different set of technology we could never understand.

It's like in this story I read where a man ends up in an Alternate Universe where Tesla provided technology and electricity instead of Edison, and said man has no idea how any of modern tech functions.
>>
>>89277381
Given that lasers like in the movies are extremely difficult to make or maybe even impossible it makes sense that we still use bullets. I know it's a sci-fi book but understanding nuclear decay, something that happens all around us all the time and understanding unraveling space time are pretty far apart even though they may not seem it. Quantum physics is cool but we don't really know how to actually USE it yet. What book is it?
>>
>>89277401
Stuff like that is really interesting to me. Humans are indeed very smart, we're just not magical. If some crazy genius figures out that primitive computer and makes it up out of stones it doesn't mean that the genius who comes up with our transistor can figure out how to use it. Human minds are pretty different and we rely on instructions for pretty much everything. It's interesting to think what could have come if that technology continued. Who knows maybe they could have figured out the secrets we're struggling with.
>>
>>89277435
It's called The Road Not Taken
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Road_Not_Taken_(short_story)

They use some kind of bullshit excuse Gravity Drive that humanity never discovered but the rest of the Galaxy did.
>>
File: image%3A111.jpg (58KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A111.jpg
58KB, 960x544px
>>89264722
Metal slug 3 made me a complete sucker for this type of ending.
If there was ever an alien threat we would solve all the worlds issues in under two days, if anyone is going to destroy humanity is humans
>>
>>89277312
>No. A cell phone works using invisibly small transistors packed onto a microchip. If they took that out and looked at it they would have no idea what they were even seeing. A combustion engine sure that's simple mechanics. Once you get past stuff people can make with their hands you're out of luck on people being able to look and create it.

You won't know that they use electricity by looking at it. But by having a voltaic cell, and making a spark with it, and then being able to create similar spark with a cell phone battery, you could deduce that they operate using a similar mechanism. A voltaic cell is very simple, and you could quite clearly see how it is made.

Then there is the phone itself. All you have to do is press a button and it turns on. A screen which generates light. This would be amazing to the ancients surely. They would recognize that it did not function without a battery, and that it therefore required the strange phenomenon that said battery generated.

Combine this with the Van De Graaff generator. They would see the sparking, and this would surely be reminiscent of lightning. The electrostatic effect from touching the generator would also be similar to the attractive effect of rubbing amber. This would lead to them deducing that these phenomena are all related.

If they had a lightbulb attached to a simple circuit or battery, then they could figure out more about electricity. If they then had an electric generator or motor, then that would further their understanding even more. They could reverse engineer their way up to more complicated concepts.
>>
>>89277467
Yeah same. It helps to realize that Science isn't objective and despite having a very comprehensive understanding of the universe, these are still our human concepts which we use to grasp material phenomenon and it's entirely possible that an alternative us, race or species could've discovered the same phenomenon but put it into completely different terms and taken technology a different direction.

As an aside, the Gems don't just seem to have different tech, they appear to BE tech to some extent. We don't think of them in those terms, but Jaspers disrupter can shut down Garnet and Pearl can auto-connect with the Gem ship, and we see circuit-y things running through their body, and when their gems crack they seem to glitch out a lot. They really are like Silicone programs who project solid holograms as their form of existence.
>>
Forget Modern earth I want to see what would happen if the gem empire crossed paths with other cosmic empires like the Star Wars empire or frieza empire etc
>>
>>89277502
>You won't know that they use electricity by looking at it. But by having a voltaic cell, and making a spark with it, and then being able to create similar spark with a cell phone battery, you could deduce that they operate using a similar mechanism. A voltaic cell is very simple, and you could quite clearly see how it is made.
Then maybe you get started on electricity early and you skip a few hundred years but you cannot get to microtransistors just from there.

You're really underestimating how complex a cell phone is. It's very very complex. What you're saying is discovering a breakthrough on step 1 of using electricity and going from there which is what we did. It would probably take just as long. You're assuming that if we fell a gem spaceship and look around in it we can see step 1 when we're most likely to see step 45 that just looks like crystaline rock blood. They had batteries back in the roman times but they didn't figure out how to really use them until they were created again thousands of years later. Just because you have the thing and can make it doesn't even mean you're in the right mindset to put it to use.
>>
File: images-6.jpg (11KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images-6.jpg
11KB, 228x221px
>>89271575
Rose and Jasper would be enough.
>>
>>89277502
>. But by having a voltaic cell, and making a spark with it, and then being able to create similar spark with a cell phone battery, you could deduce that they operate using a similar mechanism. A voltaic cell is very simple, and you could quite clearly see how it is made.

This is only simple and apparent to us because we've already done it.

They have no concept of chemistry or electricity, it's impossible.

And knowing how to turn it on doesn't mean anything, I can do that. They would just think the battery is a special magic or something, not how to re-create it.

And this is all assuming they're anywhere near invested in it to experiment all Benjamin Franklin on it and discover something that took thousands of years, rather than just smash it and tear it apart immediately to see where the 'magic' is inside and how it works.

>They could reverse engineer their way up to more complicated concepts.
Even if they got started with electricity miraculously, it would take hundreds and hundreds of years to do that. They would advance but never 'rediscover' the Cell phone, but probably diverge on their own technological path with their discoveries more likely.
>>
>>89277529
Yeah. I believe the gems were probably some organic race that had its singularity early and evolved into the gems we see today. Or were created by accident or by another alien species.

>>89277535
Star Wars would do fine. They're basically on the same level. Frieza would probably destroy them easily.
>>
>>89277535
Completely outclassed by both of those.
Star Wars has Sun destroyers which completely annihilate star systems.
>>
>>89274821
The rock didnt crack the gem, the fall did. Thats like a point blank shotgun blast to the gem and all it did was crack.
>>
>>89277586
EU Novels aren't canon anymore brah
>>
>>89266271
Stop being retarded. Nanotechnology (not even nanoassemblers but if we had those things would of course be better) can produce some fancy materials, yes. Strong in all sorts of ways.
Unfortunately that means little if you pump enough energy into it. Increase the "enough" and that just means you need a bigger nuke, a closer nuke, a more strongly directed nuke or any combination.
>>
File: 146146216422.png (114KB, 268x304px) Image search: [Google]
146146216422.png
114KB, 268x304px
>>89277565
>rather than just smash it and tear it apart immediately to see where the 'magic' is inside and how it works
Why the hell would they do that?
>>
>>89277326
>>89277289
>>89277356
>>89277365
>>89277386

It is an analogue computer. We used to use them before the rise of digital computing. We developed digital computing from analogue computing.

For example, if the Romans received both a digital and analogue mechanical calculator, as well as a list of conversions from roman numerals to indo-arabic numerals, they could calculate the same results on two very different machines. They could then dismantle both, and discover that they use different processes to calculate the same result.

Given their current analogue computers, and if they also figure out that the digital calculator runs on electricity, they could work towards replicating the process. They would be even better off on that task if they also received something like a Colossus computer.
>>
>>89277604
Because that's how you see how stuff works? You break it open and look inside. And they don't know that the thing is more complex and fragile than they can even imagine. One wrong crack and woops the microchip is ruined and they'll never even turn it on again.
>>
>>89277595
No you don't understand. Put aside your retardo comment about bigger nukes for a second and think about this. Nanotech is literally right now on a matter we cannot comprehend. We're not talking about tiny robots that go inside your blood stream, we're saying manipulation of materials below the thresh-hold where matter can be said to exist.

There's so many possibilities it's impossible to scientifically conceive them right now. We're talking Star-Wars Light shield/barrier level shit, it would practically look like magic. Not only could we stop Nukes with it, we could manipulate matter and anti-matter on a sub-atomic level and create planet ending anti-matter bombs. Pumping more energy would be like "Just make a sharper spear, sharp enough and more sharp" towards a Steel tank at that point.
>>
>>89277613
Perhaps but that's an incredibly specific and impossible scenario. I wouldn't be surprised if the gems used different math then us and if that's the case we're out of luck. Plus a calculator like we use today is still really complex and uses a microchip. Not as advanced as a cellphone but a microchip that just looks like a little black piece of some unknown material to them. It will still be incredibly different. They could even go on a different path than get to what we have.
>>
File: latest-9.gif (547KB, 349x200px) Image search: [Google]
latest-9.gif
547KB, 349x200px
>Lapis Lazulis take all the water
>Plant Injectors in the ground
>Rubies, Quartzes, and others rampage important military compounds
>sprinkle some corrupted gems in the cities for good measure and casualty
>use shattered gems to create living armor like Frybo

I could see a perfect Jasper taking down the fucking Pentagon with enough effort. Theres no chance at our current level of technology.
>>
>>89277613
>They would be even better off on that task if they also received something like a Colossus computer.
Well yeah, they could manipulate that with their hands and see how it functions. But I don't agree with your assessment that they could just discover Electricity because a cellphone dropped into their hands, anymore than they could discover how to reproduce high fructose corn syrup and frosting because a Cake magically appeared in there's.
>>
>>89277645
We don't actually have anything like that though. We may be close but we don't have it. We have the makings of it but we haven't put it to use. Plus a sharper and sharper spear against a tank is how you get anti tank bullets.
>>
>>89277565
>This is only simple and apparent to us because we've already done it.

>They have no concept of chemistry or electricity, it's impossible.

Well, they do have a concept of chemistry, it was called alchemy, which is where the word chemistry came from. They also have witnessed lightning, and would have an idea that electricity at least exists, which would be replicated on a smaller scale through sparking.

Also, it would be easier for them to reverse engineer our tech in order of discovery, than it was for us to make them from scratch, don't you think?

I'm saying if they are given a voltaic cell as well. Start with reverse engineering the simple concepts, and the more advanced ones aren't as difficult to understand

>And this is all assuming they're anywhere near invested in it to experiment all Benjamin Franklin on it and discover something that took thousands of years, rather than just smash it and tear it apart immediately to see where the 'magic' is inside and how it works.

They aren't apes. They aren't retarded. A voltaic pile is extremely simple, and they can replicate it quite readily. They know what copper is, they know what zinc is, and they certainly know what saltwater is.

From there, they can discover electromagnetism, electrolysis, and a lot more about chemistry.

>They would advance but never 'rediscover' the Cell phone, but probably diverge on their own technological path with their discoveries more likely.

Well, that's not really true. Once they discover that information can be transmitted through the electromagnetic spectrum, radio and telephony isn't too far away in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>89277557
I said they would have a better understanding of how it functions, and that is true. They would know that the mysterious force that causes sparking, also allows the phone to be operated. A simple advancement in knowledge, but through further experimentation of their own, they could figure out more and more about how it works.

>>89277680

See this post I made. >>89277502
They can figure out that electricity exists, although not knowing what it is. They could experiment beyond that, and learn more about it, and they would be able to reverse engineer the next stage in the evolution of electrical technology.
>>
>>89277622
Nobody with half an IQ point just starts breaking things to see how they work, let alone ancient people attempting to decipher advanced technology.

And do you know how dedicated the Romans were to this? They'd steal enemy tech all the time and spend however long reproducing it, and if they couldn't they'd take dedicated weeks or years to do so until they made headway. Their prowess in Engineering wasn't dictated by schedules or budgets but the same mentality of a warrior. If they have something in their hands, they literally won't stop UNTIL they figure it out. Keep in mind things like Calculus and Trig had already been secretly developed by greek and arabic philosophers prior, even if they couldn't understand the tech at first, they'd theorize and conceptualize the shit out of it until they broke it down to formulas and raw math.

>>89277613
This. They would take it apart carefully and analyze the battery first and see that it runs on electricity. Then they would draw schematics of the device in Three Dimensions, sit down carefully and start to cross-engineer every part step by step, assigning every slightest piece (The Transistors, the micro-processor, the power, the circuit board, to different project teams and begin to understand how every individual part works to better replicate the whole. It'd be completely possible too, this is how we've reverse engineered technology for centuries.
>>
>>89277645
Even if we have the OG Drexler assemblers there's nothing magical about what they produce. It won't shrug off hits with a jolly "Nanomachines, Son!" though it will take surprisingly heavier hits to fail.
The thing that gives the most magical impression is probably utility fog, and that will crumple in the face of anything like flame.
>>
File: ancient-battery.jpg (135KB, 468x337px) Image search: [Google]
ancient-battery.jpg
135KB, 468x337px
>>89277726
See
>>89277557
There were batteries back then that made sparks. People didn't do shit with them but zap themselves for novelty. Notice that we didn't jump start the electrical revolution with them.

>Also, it would be easier for them to reverse engineer our tech in order of discovery, than it was for us to make them from scratch, don't you think?
It would still take just a long. Maybe a little less if they were lucky but the light in a cell phone looks like a totally different thing than a primitive light bulb. The point is it would take just as long. You still can't see the transistors. You would be working towards the goal that is the cell phone by making stuff that can light up but the most significant leap you can't even imagine yet. Even with a microscope it would be hard. Until somebody figures out you can make a transistor it's a crapshoot. THEN they have to get to the level of making a machine that can make the transistor small enough to fit on a microchip. That's even harder. You'd be better off giving them something less complicated that uses transistors they can see. It's evolution. It's finnicky, it's a crapshoot, it can end in dead ends and disaster and if you're lucky you can get a working set of shitty eyes out of it.

>>89277765
Like I said. It's step 1. It's the same process we went to and it will take about as long to accomplish.

>>89277789
Romans trying to decipher relatively same level technology isn't the same as them looking at magic in a box that has a drawing of a woman fucking a humanoid dog on it. You can figure out how a trebuchet or a crossbow works using trig but good luck with invisible light waves. We've never reverse engineered something a thousand years ahead of ourselves. Who knows maybe the Romans would think that the secret lies with the brand new substance plastic. They'd figure out eventually that that's not the case but then the microchip is made out of plastic. Hm.
>>
>>89277645
Oh wait. I assumed you weren't retarded. That subatomic shit generally just isn't.
>>
>>89277726
I don't think you understand how huge a leap it is to understand the mechanical and physical properties of lightening and electricity itself, and just simply seeing lightening in the sky. Even if a Roman back then saw a device spark or create electricity the same way clouds do, they would have absolutely no idea how to replicate it

>than it was for us to make them from scratch, don't you think?
But we didn't make it out of scratch. That's the problem. They are, which is impossible.

> They know what copper is, they know what zinc is, and they certainly know what saltwater is.
We use more refined materials than that in electromagnetic conduction and usually they're refined for that specific purpose. It's a complicated process. The sort of details and refinement they wouldn't have.

>Alchemy
Way too primitive back then, we're not even talking Medieval Alchemy which was the cornerstone of chemistry. Alchemy was nigh indistinguishable from magic.

>A voltaic pile is extremely simple
Simple doesn't mean they could reproduce it, if anything the simplicity is also part of the problem. We're talking about a Battery that'll be the size of a quarter to your palm, on the assumption that they get lucky and it 'sparks' enough for them to put 2 and 2 together. They cannot discover electromagnetism from that alone, it requires far greater fundamentals to even use the materials you listed in tandem together and begin to understand it's electrical properties.

> Once they discover
Discovering is not anywhere close to understanding.
Do they even have the necessary Newtonian physics and late Renaissance chemistry to setup the basics for electrolysis? The problem is you're looking at this linear like they can just jump from A to B then later to Z, when it was mentioned earlier in the thread tech doesn't work like that. It zigzags around and requires the foundations of innovations before it.
>>
>>89277868
>You can figure out how a trebuchet or a crossbow works using trig but good luck with invisible light waves. We've never reverse engineered something a thousand years ahead of ourselves.

It's not a huge leap from Trig to the physics of Light Waves, in a pure mathematical sense.

>Who knows maybe the Romans would think that the secret lies with the brand new substance plastic.
Don't be stupid, you know they wouldn't be that stupid. Even a child can figure out battery = Power in a short amount of time, and then they'd study the battery.
>>
>>89277868
Also the materials to make the Plastic, Rubber, Transistor chips and Circuits and also Electrical conduction basically wouldn't exist anywhere around that period.
>>
>>89277932
>It's not a huge leap from Trig to the physics of Light Waves, in a pure mathematical sense.
It is when you haven't even begun thinking of light as a THING you can use in that way.

>Don't be stupid, you know they wouldn't be that stupid
It's not stupid. It's simple to you because you live in it. To them it's literally magic. They're looking at a black slab and it's fucking responding to their touch. A battery is literally the simplest part of it. The rest of a cellphone is a mindbending amount of complexity away from a battery.
>>
File: 1464212013475.jpg (67KB, 861x960px) Image search: [Google]
1464212013475.jpg
67KB, 861x960px
>>89277497
>the music in this stage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCDn0akXxSc
>>
>>89277961
Except as stated earlier, when they take out the battery they can see the light turns off. Put it back in, it turns on. Takes all of 5 minutes to figure things out.

As anon stated earlier, this would jumpstart their knowledge and experimentation into discovering electricity. It wouldn't take long after that.

You said it would take as long as we did but, keep in mind we were centuries in the dark with most of this stuff. After Industrial processes and Electricity was discovered, we sped full-speed with our tech once we got the basics down.

As I stated before this isn't a stupid caveman looking to smash it open. If they can figure out Calculus, your ancient battery and analog computing they can put and engineer those components together into something 18th century.
>>
>>89278024
>It wouldn't take long after that.
Yes it would. As the other anon said once you discover how to make electricity consistently then you need the ability and the knowledge to use chemistry in order to refine materials into a usable state. They have zero clue what plastic is even made out of. It could come from the moon for all they know. And that's not stupidity that's just what you think about when faced with incredible unknowns. You look in totally wrong directions.

>keep in mind we were centuries in the dark with most of this stuff
That may have been to our benefit. We were working in increments which is the smartest way to look. If you look at a touch screen without having made glass you're going to fuck yourself going out of your mind trying to figure it out.

They will probably get lightbulbs out of and that will lead them to technology far earlier but it could turn them in a totally different direction.
>>
File: who.jpg (20KB, 210x241px) Image search: [Google]
who.jpg
20KB, 210x241px
>>89277726
It doesn't matter what they have because what they don't have damns them completely. Even if you had a cellphone and tried to explain it to them, you wouldn't get anywhere, trust me with this.

I suspect about 90% of the people in the world today have no idea how any of the modern inventions they use every day actually work, and most of the rest have only vague, general ideas. The number of people who know how to actually build a jet plane or a cell phone or how to make plastic, etc, is tiny. Even many simple innovations require a lot of supporting technologies and skills that would not be available to them.

And even at that, inventions build on earlier inventions. Before you can make a phone, you need electricity. To produce electricity, you need things like wires and magnets. To make wire you have to smelt metal. To smelt metal you have to mine raw ores. To mine raw ores you have to know what the ore looks like and where you find it. Etc. Even someone who knows how to design and build cell phones probably starts with wire and plastic and semiconductors. They know how to use copper wire, but ask them what raw copper ore looks like inside, and how to smelt it into usable metal for the phone ... Odds are they have no idea.

Yeah, I know that's how you can get potassium nitrate, I'm not sure about the nitric acid though. Requires advanced chemistry. But how many people with those other skills know this? For accelerating the industrial revolution, the designs are the easy part (they would come from close examination), the hard part is accelerating the surrounding metallury and tools industry. Building a processing board line from tons of cheap iron or steel is relatively simple compared to building an industry that can make tons of cheap iron or steel. The same thing for the wires and plastic/rubber/artificial substances. The hard part is ensuring reliable consistent mass production and than smaller pieces.
>>
File: 220px-Antikythera_mechanism.svg.png (31KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Antikythera_mechanism.svg.png
31KB, 220x300px
>>89278110
>>89278064
Uhhhhh..

>>89277289
They build an analog computer out of wood and stone, and molded metal pieces. They can caveman up a Cellphone if need be.

Are you guys dense? First of all, here's what the schema for the Antikythera Mechanism, the early Analog computer posted earlier looks like.
>>
>>89278166
And here are the gear pieces and different turning tables, crafted out of a low-tin bronze alloy, google says of approximately 95% copper, 5% tin.

The point is if they can develop Calculus and a complicated schema for this, they can reverse-engineer the schematics for a cell phone after discovering Electricity.

And they CAN do that just by seeing it's electrical properties and experimenting it all together.
>>
>>89278166
>>89278184
The point is, they may not have the fancy chemistry or tech yet to build a hand held Cell phone immediately, but given time they could easily start to bark up the same processes and functions after Electricity accels them further.

It would probably look like early IBM computers that take up multiple rooms or hella big early Radio computers, but they could do it. Build a gigantic Cell phone with the materials they have. Which all existed back then as they do now.
>>
>>89278184
That's very impressive, but still again
>Even someone who knows how to design and build cell phones probably starts with wire and plastic and semiconductors.
You cannot get those all just by smelting enough bronze or copper together, there are more complicated parts than this. Most cell phones wouldn't use a primitive Potato-Copper Wire High-school lab experiment battery anyway, I was speaking theoretically.

>The majority of today’s phones use lithium ion batteries. These batteries tend to use lithium cobalt oxide as the positive electrode in the battery (though other transition metals are sometimes used in place of cobalt), whilst the negative electrode is formed from carbon in the form of graphite. It will also have an organic solvent to act as the electrolytic fluid. The lithium in the positive electrode is ionised during charging of the battery, and moves into the layers of the graphite electrode. During discharge, the ions move back to the positive electrode. The battery itself is usually housed in an aluminium casing.

They don't have this.
They cannot build Cell or Radio or even most electrical technologies nor their components with the basic metallurgy they have then. It's just too specific and impossible for them to figure.
>>
File: curta calculator.jpg (51KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
curta calculator.jpg
51KB, 600x450px
>>89278184
You can make an abacus out of wood too. You can make one of these which probably looks about as complex. They could make this then. They can't make a touch screen. Computing does not equal wifi. How much more do we need to explain it?
>>
>>89277386
Personal head canon.
Theyre fighting metal men
>>
Many of our advancements and breakthroughs came about through sheer accident. You can't brute force this stuff. You have to take it one step at a time and one day a lab accident or inspiration will dawn and you figure out a new thing. All of it adds up to the puzzle of technology we have today. We can only theorize on spectrum because somebody saw light break up through a crystal one day. Halfway around the world the microscope was created. Somebody thought to use the microscope and study the fine structures of how the crystal works. Now we know how it breaks light. Now we know that light wavelengths are a certain size because the crystal facets are a certain size. It takes a long time for a reason. The reason technology advances so fast now is because we're constantly making better metal and joints so robots can put transistors in tinier spaces.
>>
>>89278345
There are no metal men.
The metals are a part of the Gem race, and they're women.
>>
>>89277386
Other races probably. Plus they're a very militaristic race for no reason. Most of them will never be anything more than grunts. It's just how they were taught to think.
>>
>>89278369
I was disappointed that Bismuth was just another gem and not something special. It could have been really cool and expanded the universe a lot but it may have been too much to add. Are non crystaline metals even a thing? Are they gems too? I don't know.
>>
>>89278369
Wait since when?
>>
>>89278397
Bismuth.
>>
>>89278166
>>89277289
>>89278184

The Antikythera Machine was greek.
>>
>>89278110
>Before you can make a phone, you need electricity.

Which as I've stated along with others they can discover by sparking the battery.

To produce electricity, you need things like wires and magnets. To make wire you have to smelt metal. To smelt metal you have to mine raw ores.

They had wires and magnets.

They could smelt metal. They could melt raw ores.
They could smelt and build and make all of these into useable parts for a Phone.

And potassium nitrate is literally potato acid. They can produce that by fermenting potato's long enough, liquidating them and then literally ionizing the remains with salt in order to create a substrate strong enough to act as a conducting fluid for electricity. Nitric acid is a step away because combustion-level chemistry but it's not even needed. But it's basic medieval alchemy stuff.

Once they figure out Electricity they can examine every part step by step in precise, advanced mathematical terms for a few years if need by and understand it on a complex conceptual level before they ever even start to build the pieces.

>>89278286
A touch screen is just crystalline carbon-fiber glass with gel fluid interspersed, and in most cases you don't need the fluid. It's not a momentum killer for them. Computing can lead to wifi and then they'll know how to do it.
>>
File: ian.png (298KB, 500x681px) Image search: [Google]
ian.png
298KB, 500x681px
>>89278451
>A touch screen is just crystalline carbon-fiber glass with gel fluid interspersed
>just
>>
>>89277946
Rubber is made from a tree. If they could have discovered the new world, then they could have rubber.
>>
>>89278451
>They had wires and magnets.

They could smelt metal. They could melt raw ores.
They could smelt and build and make all of these into useable parts for a Phone.

They didn't have the wires we have. What you're suggesting they do wouldn't work, because they lack knowledge of chemistry that wouldn't be advanced until atleast a dozen centuries later, they'd just end up making long stringy copper statues in the shape of 'wires' which cannot conduct electricity.

>And potassium nitrate is literally potato acid. They can produce that by fermenting potato's long enough, liquidating them and then literally ionizing the remains with salt in order to create a substrate strong enough to act as a conducting fluid for electricity. Nitric acid is a step away because combustion-level chemistry but it's not even needed. But it's basic medieval alchemy stuff.

Yes but that's not only an excruciatingly lengthy process for just a bit of battery acid and juice, it's also downright impossible for the simple fact that they don't know to do that. They don't have knowledge on any of that. It's something so specific they'd never think to do it or know how.

>But it's basic medieval alchemy stuff.
This is ancient Rome/Greek we're talking about.
No chemistry whatsoever yet.

>But it's basic medieval alchemy stuff.
It doesn't matter if you literally hand them a guidebook and Schema plan to build the Phone piece by piece.
The technology, materials and science behind it doesn't exist period.
>>
>>89278064
Yes, well, assuming they also get given Van De Graaff generator and voltaic pile, then they can easily create a reasonable electric charge to experiment with. Copper, Zinc, and sea water are all known about in that era, and with electricity, they can discover new elements, and further their understanding of chemistry.
>>
>>89278532
>>89278478
>>89278451
Reminds me of Cargo Cults, where very basic people would see planes and tech during the early 20th century and attempt to build them out of straw and wood as a ritual.
>>
>>89278532
>This is ancient Rome/Greek we're talking about. No chemistry whatsoever yet.

The dawn of alchemy in the west was around 3500 BCE. There was certainly plenty of Ancient Greek and Roman alchemy, and certainly much that has been lost thanks to time and violence.
>>
>>89278574
An almost perfect analogy.

This was a really fun thread.
>>
>>89278532
>it's also downright impossible for the simple fact that they don't know to do that

That's why they're going to experiment and find out. The Engineers of the ancient world were top notch when it came to this stuff.
>>
File: KaterinaFrolics_copy.jpg (103KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
KaterinaFrolics_copy.jpg
103KB, 300x400px
>>89278582
Well than there's absolutely no way if they were smart enough to somehow prodigally look at a phone and after any amount of time come to the conclusion "Okay, we need to harvest Potados because they contain a chemical that captures the thunder thingy thing the sky within" or see Rubber trees a thousand miles away and conclude "Oh with these leaves and goop we can create the hard material for the Phone thing we found."

But I think it's bit of a stretch.
Most philosophers of this time didn't even really go out of their way to examine the world or really look at things, empiricism was in it's infancy and discovery meant sitting around and farting as you discussed whatever brainy idea or system or story you came up with to explain things.
>>
>>89278739
No, but they see that the natives were making rubber and learn how to do it themselves.

Plenty of philosophers did examine the world around them.
>>
>>89278923
>they see that the natives were making rubber and learn how to do it themselves.

Natives were making use of the kind of Rubber needed for Cellphone plastic at the time which usually takes industrial processes?
Do you have a source on that?
>>
>>89278923
The sheer fact that they were not in the new world where rubber trees were means that they can't make plastic and that's a perfect example of one of the reasons why it doesn't work. Too many incidental things (like colonizing new continents) and discovering new trees, things that COULD NOT and did not happen then means that they couldn't make the cell phone. The same goes for every other part of the thing. Earlier you acted like crystalline carbon-fiber glass was something they could just come up with with a little careful looking. Come on.
Thread posts: 545
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.