[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Mark Millar - former protege turned bitter enemy: five film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: 2720297-grant_morrison_2_576.jpg (21KB, 447x640px) Image search: [Google]
2720297-grant_morrison_2_576.jpg
21KB, 447x640px
>Mark Millar - former protege turned bitter enemy: five film adaptations and an upcoming sixth and seventh, official creative consultant / producer on FOX's Marvel properties, can call up Matthew Vaughn any day / any time and get an adaptation

>Alan Moore - competitor, bitter enemy: five film adaptations and an animated one despite doing everything in his power short of murder to stop them

>Geoff Johns - friend, co-writer: creative consultant / producer on DC cinematic universe as well as DC television universe, writer of upcoming Batman film, recently promoted to co-runner DCEU

Why is Morrison such a failure? I thought he left comics to make break into Hollywood
>>
>>89259266
Millar pls
>>
What is the difference between Johns and Moz? Why is Johns such a success?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqpzNTWkpFo
>>
>>89259557
Well, his stories are much less complex than Morrison's.
>>
Hollywood is to basic for complex story telling and meta narratives. Look how Prometheus was received. Prometheus isn't really that deep a film. All the answers you need are addressed in the film when certain character discuss things. It's almost too obvious.
>>
>>89259266
Because he's shit.
>>
>>89259909
Moore fuck off
>>
>>89259887
Prometheus' narrative wasn't confusing, it was just structurally a poor film.
>>
>>89259982
While I love Prometheus, I agree on your assessment of the film having a poor structure.
>>
>>89259266
>forgetting Gerard Way
Thanks to him, Grant Morrison is in Guitar Hero live
>>
>>89260354
>>89259982
>>89259887
You know, it's a shame, because I was thinking about this exact thing the other day, and Prometheus had a lot of potential. it could have been something really great if they'd cut the bullshit and deliver what was expected.
>>
>>89261207

It's Lindelof. Literally everything he writes has the exact same problem and Prometheus was unlucky enough to come out before Hollywood realized he's a fraud.
>>
>>89259557
Johns is a bitch of the executives, he got his job by sucking Jewish dick
>>
In fairness, Morrisson technically should have one story credit since the Matrix is literally stolen wholesale from the Invisibles.
>>
>>89261397
The Leftovers is great, but it also literally promised that there ARE no answers, so people should stop complaining about things not being explained
>>
>>89259266
>Morrison
>measured by human understanding of commercialization of ideas

You don't try to perceive Cthulhu by taking a selfie with it
>>
>>89259887
Prometheus was received bad because people went in for an Alien movie and got an Exogenesis movie.

Also, did they address how the android could learn to talk the builders language?
>>
>>89261564
The Leftovers is vastly overrated pretentious garbage that is mostly propelled by the mysteries it claims aren't the point of the show.
>>
>>89259557
He writes stories for retards and comes up with ideas to sell more toys.
>>
>>89259266
>good things happen to good people

WHAT A TWIST
>>
>>89259266
he just can't write for shit
>>
>>89262355
>Millar
>good
>>
>>89262434
still a nicer person than Grant "I would love to drive my car over Millar's body" Morrison
>>
>>89259887
>>89260354
that movie was fucking horrid, get some taste holy shit
>>
I love Morrison, but I'd prefer that he stick to comics.
>>
>>89262474
>nice
Millar is a backstabber. That's why he's banned at 2000AD and DC.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.