[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible for a hero to be loved by the people but as seen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1483105062307.jpg (49KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1483105062307.jpg
49KB, 720x540px
Is it possible for a hero to be loved by the people but as seen as a "villain" by the media/peers?

Example. Imagine an "Anti-fa" type hero terrorising civillians with his antics because he fights what he sees as fascism. Then one day, he gets beaten up by this new hero because of the shit he pulled. The people cheer in response, but the hero league that the Antifa guy belonged to has put this new hero on the "villains" list.

Pic unrelated.
>>
Hasn't that been Frank a couple of times? People who actually had to live next door to thugs and dealers loved him, but he's considered a dangerous maniac by several other heroes and the media.
>>
File: Albrecht_Krieger_(Earth-S)_001.png (3MB, 1114x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Albrecht_Krieger_(Earth-S)_001.png
3MB, 1114x1394px
>>89252150
Nah, not really possible in a normal society. Anybody who fights for facism is going to be despised by the public as a matter of course, and anybody that gets terrorised by a hero that fights fascism (for example, Captain America) is most likely the type of person that the public already hates.

However, if you're in a society that's been economically and/or socially devastated and the facist promises stability while he cracks down on the people fighting against him, then yeah, you could totally do it. But honestly at this point evil capes are overdone as fuck- Injustice, Invincible, Uber (which is already about fascism)
>>
>>89252284

I should point out there's a difference between Captain America and well...Mad Stan. In the example I gave, I'm referring to someone like Mad Stan getting his ass beaten by another hero for his antics.
>>
>>89252319
Mad Stan wasn't anti-fascism, though. He explicitly believed society had degenerated to a state of disrepair that required its destruction to return to a better time.

He was actually pretty heavily based on people like Timothy McVeigh; they made a big point of playing up Stan's media/talk radio addiction in one episode.
>>
>>89252150
>Is it possible for a hero to be loved by the people but as seen as a "villain" by the media/peers?

The Laughing Man, V and The Punisher immediately come to mind.
>>
>>89252388

Well the point is there's a difference between a hero that everyone already loves doing it and a guy who isn't exactly loved by the public but is a member of the same group abusing his power doing it under the guise of "fighting fascism". I should have been a bit clearer on that.
>>
>>89252150
Dangerous Zombie is such a great design
>>
>>89252284
Given he capitalised the A, OP was presumably referring to the actual organisation Anti-fa.

Go look them up. They're fucking awful.
>>
>>89252484
I'm not really seeing anything objectionable.
>>
>>89252464

Yup. I wonder how far he can go though seeing as how Exaid's Mighty Bros XX has outclassed him.

>>89252284

Captain America is loved for a good reason. I'm more referring to a hypotethical "hero" who the public hates but belongs to a high profile hero group, so they can't really touch him.
>>
>>89252795
>Captain America is loved for a good reason. I'm more referring to a hypotethical "hero" who the public hates but belongs to a high profile hero group, so they can't really touch him.

Iron Man?
>>
File: 67t634567.jpg (227KB, 1500x2000px) Image search: [Google]
67t634567.jpg
227KB, 1500x2000px
just watch real life
>>
>>89252150
Arachnoid man is a menace to the population of Athens.
>>
>>89252813

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
>>
>>89252150

DANGEROUS ZOMBIE
>>
>>89252150
The Punisher kind of fits the bill for that
>>
>>89252284
You don't need to be a fascist to hate the fascist antifascist.
They say they hate fascists but all they do is shout "fascism" and then try to beat people up.
>>
>>89252529
Then look harder.
>>
>>89254099
What's so bad about fighting fascists? They're the bad guys.
>>
>>89254206
>implying
>>
>>89254206
Because most of the anti-fa are a bunch of college and high-school aged kids virtue signalling and looking for an excuse to act like violent shitheads against a group people are less inclined to defend. Their definition of "fascism" is expansive and loose, and cries of fascist come quick and easy to anyone who opposes them for any reason. They're often closely aligned with Marxism/communism and there have been some issues with the anarchist aligned groups abusing squatter's rights. Ultimately you've got a bunch of rowdy 20 somethings latching onto a movement for an excuse to break some shit while pretending to be the good guys as long as they've got numerical superiority and plenty of cops around to run to when the big bad fascists start fighting back.

That's Europe though, antifa in America is a complete fucking joke.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.