[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /co/, is there a rec/reading list of older cosmic Marvel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: FUM3v.jpg (521KB, 1960x1810px) Image search: [Google]
FUM3v.jpg
521KB, 1960x1810px
Hey /co/, is there a rec/reading list of older cosmic Marvel books? Already finished this list and I'm loving the current Ultimates book, so I'm in the mood for more.

What would you recommend from old cosmic Marvel? I only read Thanos Quest, Infinity Gauntlet and Death of Captain Marvel. Also, I checked out Silver Surfer: Requiem recently and I was wondering what are some other great Silver Surfer stories worth reading.
>>
File: Thanos 1973 - 1991 v1.0.jpg (744KB, 1350x1475px) Image search: [Google]
Thanos 1973 - 1991 v1.0.jpg
744KB, 1350x1475px
You've read some (but not all) of this. Read it all.
>>
>>89251278
Thanks anon, will do.
>>
>>89251264

If you haven't already, check out the current Nova book. Richard Rider is back.
>>
>>89251264
Speaking of reading list, are there any good 2016-17 marvel comics? I checked Kamala stuff, and now I want to tear my eyes off, because people are saying that it's the best Marvel book now.
>>
>>89252035
Check out Vision, Ultimates, Old Man Logan and Moon Knight.

Ms. Marvel is ok if you like that type of comic, which you probably don't. I'd say it's more tailored to a female audience that likes the more lighthearted, slice of life stuff.
>>
>>89252035

Moon Knight
Vision (finished)
Thanos
Ultimates (finished)
Ultimates2
Old Man Logan
>>
>>89252095
Hey don't forget Nova. It is fucking brilliant and it's obvious that Loveless loves DnA's stuff while at the same time, having the strength of character to not fridge Sam to develop Richard while making likable without the whole 'I am alone' shit that was obvious there to make us feel sorry for him.
>>
>>89252073
>that type of comic, which you probably don't
Yeah. There was doge joke for crying out loud.

>>89252095
>>89252073
Thanks, I read ultimates 1 and 2 it was pretty good even if heroes were kind of assholes. I'll try to check out Vision and Moon Knight
>>
>>89252035
Captain america steve rogers is interesting and cool if u wanna check that out
>>
>>89252498
You know something? Say what you will about Spencer's politics, but he does write a very good story with Captain America.

I know Sam's one gets a lot of flack over here, but I enjoy it when reading it alongside Steve's. I mean Spencer might insert his politics in there, most of which I don't agree with, but it's obvious what he is working for and I respect him for that.

I know that it often comes up here as when did Red Skull become right, but I fucking loved that speech. Not because I agree with what is being said, no it's the fact that Spencer sprinkles it with hypocrisies.
>>
>>89252498
Agreed, Cap Steve Rogers is surprisingly entertaining.

You might want to read the Pleasant Hill mini event too, it ties into the book and it's also good.
>>
>>89251278
Since this chart was made there have been additional collections released that simplify the reading here. All you need for this chart is 3 collections. Read it in this order.

1. Captain Marvel by Jim Starlin Complete Collection. This came out about a month ago. It features the entire First Thanos War, minus the avengers tie in issues. It also includes Death of Captain Marvel. I would recommend reading Death of Captain Marvel immediately after reading the Captain Marvel run, so before reading Warlock. While it does have some references to Warlock, it's main focus is giving closure to Captain Marvel and is a very fitting end thematically to the Starlin run.
2. Warlock by Jim Starlin Complete Collection. This has all of Starlin's Warlock run. Much better than getting the shitty Marvel Masterworks format. Plus you only really want to read the Starlin Stuff, so if you get the Masterworks format you'll just have a volume 2 of something without the other stuff, so very bad for OCD comic collectors.
3. Infinity Gauntlet Omnibus. It's kind of pricy, but it includes all the stuff in Reboot of Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, along with all the tie ins. The Rebirth of Thanos and Infinity Gauntlet paperbacks do not have all the material, some of which is fluff admittedly, but it's all worth a read, so the Omnibus is the way to go on this one.

>>89251264
As for the 00s Cosmic stuff, most of that will be in Omnibi, so it's a lot easier to figure out which collections to get for that. Good luck finding Annihilation Omnibus though. Marvel is lazy so this stuff is only in print for a short time, which skyrockets the price until they do a reprint after a couple years.
>>
>>89252122
>having the strength of character to not fridge Sam
I'm pretty sure that comes more from Marvel telling him he has to use Sam rather than him wanting to
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.