[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a reason why these products seem to attract the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 15

File: 3453t3g3.png (380KB, 1104x440px) Image search: [Google]
3453t3g3.png
380KB, 1104x440px
Is there a reason why these products seem to attract the exact same fanbase?
>>
File: 1459456945101.jpg (32KB, 373x351px) Image search: [Google]
1459456945101.jpg
32KB, 373x351px
>>89240536
Because, like it or not, the major population of young viewers who are attracted to watching television, playing games, or browsing the interwebz outside of mainstream social-media sites are, what we tend to call, Tumblr-cuck SJWs.

It doesn't help that a show/game/series can be absolutely magnificent with a tolerable fanbase, but because the SJW demographic is so large that, when they take an interest in a show, they naturally outnumber the original/initial fanbase, thus causing the show to become a new stereotypical interest of the SJW group and making the act of enjoying it yourself a stigma if you are outside that group.

Example;
I love Undertale. I got no extreme problem with Adventure Time. I admittedly know nothing about the webcomic. I like SU, and I like Gravity Falls. Am I a tumblr cuck?

Bet that if I just posted that alone you'd think I was.
>>
>>89240623

This is the most reddit post I've ever seen
>>
>>89240667
>>
I know right? Like holy fucking shit....
>>
They are all good?
>>
>>89240536
Noone likes Homestuck except for it's extremely avid and deeply autistic fanbase though. I get the feeling you're a fan for putting it on such a high pedestal.
>>
>>89240536
I like the top three but I hate the bottom two. There's just something about Cartoon Network's output since Adventure Time that really rubs me the wrong way. I think it has to do with the style of dialogue.
>>
File: 1477685986869.png (68KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477685986869.png
68KB, 480x360px
>>89240667
>>89240680
That's a new one. The hell does that imply?
>>
>>89240623
>Am I a tumblr cuck?
Yes,.
>>
>>89240694
>good

Undertale:
>hurr RPG mechanics are world mechanics! We totally didn't steal this from KOTOR II!

Homosuck:
>the only likeable character was fucking Caliborn and the original 4 kids from before

Gravity Falls
>dude Mabel is like totes the best

Steven Universe
>tumblr the show

AT
>LULSORANDUMBXD
>>
>>89240748
That looks like an underage wannabe 4chan trying to impress others because he "is not like the other guys'
>>
>>89240536
Cartoons are made for children.
>>
>>89240792
Them why are you here?
>>
>>89240536
I am not a fan of SU.
>>
>>89240536
haha you're forgetting a pretty big one.

I think kids flock to shit like this and take it too seriously. I used to pretend to play naruto and runescape IRL with my faggot friends back in the day.

>>89240623
might be a faggot for liking undershit but he's got a point. Kids will be kids.

still though, the SU fandom gets extra autism points for driving that one girl to attempt suicide over a fucking piece of fan art, which still activates my almonds to this day.
>>
But I only like two of those things. Two others are boring, and one is utter dogshit.
>>
>>89240623
Why does GF attract SJWs?
>>
File: 1476405948629.gif (877KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
1476405948629.gif
877KB, 375x304px
>>89240778
Nigga nothing in my post is special snowflake. A shit ton of people got the same opinions on those shows/games on this board.

>>89240756
Guess I am!
>>
>>89240623
Why don't SJWs praise Star Vs for being a show with a strong girl lead? Or for having a character who is a capable single father? Or for having a boy and a girl be on equal terms of fighting skill?

Why don't SJWs latch on to We Bare Bears and say they're all gay and that's why they're "bears living in California" and be obsessed with shipping them all the time like those fangirls do for the Avengers? Particularly, Bucky, Cap, Tony, and Bruce?

How come they didn't go absolutely nuts for Dominator's "I'm a strong woman who needs no man" revelation who kept pushing away Hater and cause a huge surge in popularity that could rival something like Gravity Falls?

Why aren't they obsessed with Loud House or Clarence having GAY PARENTS GAY PARENTS THEY CAN RAISE KIDS TOO!

There's something SJW-y about every single show airing right now, but I doubt your typical obsessed "Omg Steven is the best so much progression" fan has even seen the rest anything I listed here. But they've definitely played Undertale and read Homestuck.
>>
File: 1469332176265.gif (1000KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1469332176265.gif
1000KB, 500x281px
>>89240869
No fucking clue. Guessing it's the "ooooh edge. LoLrandumb sugar-girl, mystery loner boy, GHOSTS, dead people, eddjeeedge, my references to ANIMU and VIDYUH"
>>
>>89240536
You know how kids make the transition from kids shows to live-action ones?
These are the kids who didn't make it. They seek out things that are reminescent of the cartoons they watch but a little more "mature" so the other kids don't make fun of them.
>>
File: 1480326678695.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1480326678695.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>89240917
All those are valid questions, but we're forgetting something key.

>major population of YOUNG viewers... are what we tend to call Tumblr-cuck SJWs.

The young crowd is not exactly philosophical and deeper in thought. They're driven by zerg logic.

A guy likes a show. Guy happens to have a friend who also likes Tumblr. Tumblr-guy goes over to watch it and likes it. Posts it on tumblr. Attracts more folk from tumblr. Unlock the flood gates.

I'm not a damn expert but I'd guess that the other shows just never took off with enough people in those circles. If they did, it'd create a continuing cycle of like, post, like, post, like, post.

But then I don't know. Maybe they are big on Tumblr. I don't go there.

I actually tried to see all the hate. I don't understand how the hell you navigate on that fucking site. I just see rows and rows of images and a long list of people who liked said-images. It's fucking maddening.
>>
>>89240748
you've seriously never heard reddit being used as an insult here? how fucking new are you?
>>
>>89240806
To mock you.
>>
File: 1481895950461.jpg (61KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481895950461.jpg
61KB, 600x600px
>>89240536
im tired of getting mixed with that retarded trash "undertale" and "gravity falls" meme.

proud Homestuck fan here, Steven Universe lover in the meantime.
i dont have any problem with people liking those series but come on, they are not even tematic wise the same.
people like to force an spritual connection but is because they all come form the same source material and thats fucking about it.

why is Yume Nikki never mixed into this? because you people cant see outside the fucking glass and only look at the elements forming each product, but when comes to a game like Lisa its always mentioned in some form, because its way more obvious what the source material is.

take this cuck for example >>89240623
in his mind the reason why people are attracted to each series is because the stereotypes, when in reality adventure time didnt even started having what cucks like him call "tumblr sjw" propaganda until pretty much the last season with the lesbian pairing.
i bet he honestly thinks AT had that kind of elements since day one, he really doesnt have any idea.
>>
>>89240536
They don't, you just think all annoying people are the same people when in reality there's lots of annoying people who are into different things.
>>
>products
Guys, I think instead of just being a regular old faggot, OP is also a market research group attempting to engineer a "product" with a massive and dedicated following.
>>
File: 1480550254251.png (86KB, 259x191px) Image search: [Google]
1480550254251.png
86KB, 259x191px
>>89241124
8 years new! Fucking ban me rite m8?

>>89241160
I was prepared to take your rant and see your argument for a debate, but now I'm convinced you saw a few key words in my post, didn't read it, and automatically assumed that I believe that the reason those shows are popular is because they've always had SJW-friendly elements.
That's only true of Steven Universe and Undertale. Not sure on Homestuck though.

Also; literacy is a thing.
>>
>>89240536
>>89240917
Muh lore.
No really, most western cartoons were episodic in nature and usually gag-a-day. Because modern cartoon writers are deciding to make their cartoons more and more story driven it gives there fan a feeling that these show are more deeper and intellectual then it probably is.
>>89240623
>They all have the same fanbase because they all attract SJW!
>Doesn't explain WHY it attracts this crowd
I'm not even sure what's the point of this post.
>>
>>89241299
Star and Wander both followed Adventure Time's format of "episodic now, drops of lore in later seasons".
>>
>>89241113
I think you're right.

It's the hive mind effect, and not really exclusive to Tumblr shows. Like everyone on reddit likes Rick & Morty. And everyone on /co/ hates everything.
>>
>>89240768
>Undertale:
>>hurr RPG mechanics are world mechanics! We totally didn't steal this from KOTOR II!
also
>>Characters get mad at you when you play the game the way you expect! We totally didn't steal this from Spec-Ops: The Line
>>
File: 1477325868297.jpg (15KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
1477325868297.jpg
15KB, 479x479px
>>89241299
That is really my bad I should've mentioned that.

Why do we like a show? We watched it and got interested in it. We talk about it, post about it, other people catch on. Could be any sort of people. Those people will spread it too. Just so happens one of the people that catch on is on Tumblr. He/she/it posts about the show, then makes some fanart (probably doing something shitty like making all of the characters black/brown and transgendered) and this interests more of his circle, which is predominatly on Tumblr as SJW.

Then, I'll just point to my other post.
>>89241113

Moving on the show, naturally, wants to stay relevant and appease to its fanbase. For some of these shows, the SJW fanbase is so large by this point that they pander to them. We saw this in Korra, we see it in AT, and some shows just got a head start and started SJW to attract them (SU and Undertale)
At least that's how I see it. Unless someone's got another explanation.
>>
>>89241321
AT from the beginning gave the illusion that it was going somehwhere from it's hint of post apocalyptic background too PB turning a child and Ice Wizards pasts.

That said, while shippingfaggorty still exists the AT fandom as a whole has drastically shrunken when people realized they weren't going to get nothing they wanted.
>>89241290
Not that guy and no offense, but your post was a nothing post to begin with. It's a rant about the actual crowd but in no way whatsoever discusses OP's topic of WHY said crowd exists.

It's like if someone asked what is water made up of, and you came in and said
>WATER IS WET
>>
>>89241299
It's not the lore.
>>
File: 1477291788019.jpg (15KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1477291788019.jpg
15KB, 640x480px
>>89241461
Did... did you just find my other post on another thread?

I just posted something like that question in another thread.

Also; fair point. I'm posting shit without really thinking it through, leaving out info.
>>
>>89240623
You are really damn stupid.

First, most people aren't SJWs. Its like saying that every right wing is a /pol/fag and every leftist is a SJW.

Second, these shows have big SJW fanbases BECAUSE they have big fanbases, period.

Like this anon imply >>89240917 shows with less fanbases have less SJWs.

Not because a conspiration,.but because of simple logic.
>>
>>89240536

As a current sonicfag.

All of those fanbases are where Sonicfags went after about 08...the autism drained out and the fandom is pretty tolerable these days.

Most of the most autistic stuff you see floating about is from before 2010 at the latest.
>>
>>89241531
I think water is wet is a generally common example of stating the obvious, kinda like the saying "The sky is blue"

And it's alright, you just gotta better explain yourself when making points and give greater details especially if you're doing a rant because if you rant without backing it up you just sound like a mad man.
>>
>>89241613
Pokemon's fanbase is enormous and I can't think of anyone pushing SJW-ness about it.
>>
>>89241736
For the games? Yes there is.

For the anime? Nobody fucking care or draw western fanart of Ash anymore.
>>
The quickest way to appeal to autists is to have categorizable characters. That's why the gems, the Homestuck trolls, and the horses draw so many of them. It appeals to their desire to sort characters by their traits and make new ones that follow the template.
>>
>>89241872
What you said doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 1436599681719.jpg (29KB, 433x501px) Image search: [Google]
1436599681719.jpg
29KB, 433x501px
Do you remember when people could just like something without fear of being inaccurately associated with a group they don't identify with?

Yeah, me neither.
>>
>>89241911
>cousin skeeter
my nigga
>>
>>89241909
Not him, but he's referring to the practice of creating a trollsona/gemsona/ponysona that runs rampant in these fanbases.

See Also: The Sonic fanbase.
>>
>>89242090
But you can do it with everything.

There is nothing in common with these apart of being another race of creatures.
>>
>>89240536
The reason is stupidly simple, in fact it's the same reasons why /co/ likes these same shows: Solid character dynamics in a new concept.

It's the same rule that's been in place since Star Wars came out in the 70's. There's a reason why MSPA doesn't take off until Homestuck: Homestuck introduced pesterlogs, ways for characters to have long rambling conversations with each other. And it's also not suprising that when 12 more edgier, wackier characters with their own romantic issues and character dynamics are introduced, people latched onto it.

Gravity Falls has solid character dynamics in the beginning between Mabel and Dipper and Wendy and Soos and Stan. Steven Universe is literally built on character dynamics.

And it's for a sinple reason: OC. Fancontent is the easiest way to spread a fanbase, see: Youtube Undertale remixes. And while an engaging premise can draw in fans, the difference between FNAF and something like Slender is that, while both used clickbait YouTubers to get big, FNAF has characters, and characters with personalities and unique designs upon which the most basic of character dynamics can be placed upon. Because character art/music/videos are the easiest, most recognizable content to create (unless your work has an incredibly iconic locale or item a la Star Ward) is character artwork, the edgier the better. And character work builds upon itself attracting more and more people until you have a fandom.
>>
File: youandmeoriginal.png (471KB, 680x986px) Image search: [Google]
youandmeoriginal.png
471KB, 680x986px
>>89240536
you missed one
>>
>>89242184
You would think so but it's not always the case. Shows like Wander Over Yander and Gumball has too many odd and different characters that when making an fan charecter it may as well be a totally original character outside the show to begin with. Most slice of life meanwhile are inherently limited as they deal with more real world problems and people. Making an OC for something like Clarence all you can really do is make and write a normal human being, which to many is far to dull.

Shows like SU and Homestuck strike the perfect balance of giving a pre-set slandered of "this is what X fictional race is like" while allowing the artist to have freedom to make exactly what they want.
>>
>>89242090
I'm pretty sure the thing that makes Sonic characters so popular with people on the autistic spectrum isn't so much that they're furries, but that they're 2-dimensional in depth. The characters are very predictable, so the point where you can pretty much recognize everything you need to know about them at a glance. Sonic is a cocky hero. Tails is a loyal side-kick. Knuckles is a muscle-head. Amy is a girly girl. Rouge is cheesecake. Shadow is a grimdark bad boy. Eggman is an evil scientist. etc etc etc. There's really no depth to them beyond any of that, and you can probably guess all of that just by their appearance.

Given that people with autism struggle to interpret vague or complicated social cues, its likely comforting to be confronted with a character that's so predictable and flat. This is also probably why so much anime is popular with autistic people.
>>
Out of curiosity, why are you niggas so obsessed with what autists, SJWs, & tumblr are fans of?
>>
>>89242444
Isn't that the same with Ponys, Crystal Gems, and Trolls? I mean, the horses literally have their main personality trait tattooed on their ass.
>>
>>89242367
So having a non human race is "autistic bait"?
>>
>>89240623
>Am I a tumblr cuck?

Yes
>>
>>89242582
No, not really with any of them.
>>
>>89242669
Not necessarily, I even explained why that in itself doesn't work.

It's more like have a unified pre set design and attributes, but still different enough to allow fans to go nuts. It's just easier done with nonhumans because nonhumans just lend itself with more interesting concepts.
>>
>>89242830
>It's more like have a unified pre set design and attributes

But gems and poneys doesn't have it.
>>
>>89242582
I could see how that would make Ponies appealing, yes. Crystal Gems seem a bit less one-note, though. For example, Amethyst initially seems like she's just a goofy party animal, even though she's also burning with insecurity about her role in the CG. Pearl initially seems like an over-protective mother, but she's also insecure about her independence.

Lapis also initially comes across as a damsel in distress, given her elegant dress and dainty figure. But she's arguably the strongest gem we've seen so far (aside from Diamonds), and I doubt many people figured she'd become sarcastic comic relief.

I'm actually kinda curious about how appealing SU is to people with genuine autism. Compared to other cartoons they could be watching, I'd assume the characters are more challenging than they'd prefer.
>>
>>89240536
muh deep lore
>>
>>89242893
How to make a pony
>Pick a blank pony vector
>Pick a haircut
>Pick a coloring
>Pick a butt tattoo

How to make a gem
>Go to an online list of gemstones
>Pick a gem
>Draw something vaguely feminine based off that gem
>Don't forget to have that gem on the body
>>
>>89241911
>Skeeter
Fucking hated this nigger.
>>
The only one of those things I like is Gravity Falls but yes I see what you mean.
>>
>>89243076
>How to make a gem
>>Go to an online list of gemstones
>>Pick a gem
>>Draw something vaguely feminine based off that gem
>>Don't forget to have that gem on the body

This is not different of making an orc, elf or whatever.

Really, doesn't make sense.
>>
File: bodylanguage.png (185KB, 340x319px) Image search: [Google]
bodylanguage.png
185KB, 340x319px
>>89242964
By the same merit, the show seems to make it a point, almost intentionally, to have the characters explain how they're feeling to the audience in any given episode (or, at the very least, use hard-to-miss body language cues like pic related).
>>
>>89240536
>>89240623
>tfw Republican and love 5 of the 6 things in the image
>>
>>89243720
That's true, but even with the example of the pic you're providing, that body language probably isn't too terribly explicit for a person with autism. Is it supposed to be romantic? Supportive? Instructive? Some combination of these?

I agree that the characters in the show do lots of emoting. But that could be said for pretty much any cartoon.
>>
>>89240623
You realize gatekeeping is embarrassing, right?
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.