[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i finally got around to watching Robots (2005) >In robot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So i finally got around to watching Robots (2005)

>In robot society, the way procreation works is that children are manufactured and then ordered and assembled by parents
>"See A Need, Fill A Need"
>What my dad needs is a living being with a subservient mindset that will follow orders and can perform most of his job for him
>Mr. Big Weld, here's my amazing new invention: SLAVERY!
>>
>>89235860
This is possibly the most creative "meh" movie ever made
>>
>>89235860
They could have made a sequel to this rather than another ice age
>>
>>89235860
It bothered me a lot that there was a place in their big, shiny utopian city called the chopshop that just rounded up homeless people and murdered them and apparently everyone knew about it but didn't want to bother shutting it down
>>
>>89235860
What's this even about? Anyone good at making funny meme analyses?
>>
>>89236649
Some robot mechanic moves to the big city from his modest home and clashes with a society in which you either regularly upgrade (at an expensive price) or you're fucked because spare parts to fix you quickly stop being manufactured.
>>
>>89236649

Healthcare should be free for everyone, so the hero starts providing unlicensed surgeries to hobos with no insurance in a shitty crack-den boarding house. Hilarity and pee/fart jokes ensue, resulting in class warfare
>>
>>89237360
I never had any desire to see this movie 'til now.
>>
File: Robots.jpg (78KB, 443x392px) Image search: [Google]
Robots.jpg
78KB, 443x392px
>>
>>89236269
I blanked the entirety of this movie out of my mind so I completely forgot this was part of the main conflict until reading about it on wikipedia one day.

It has a pretty good score though. John Powell is underrated and among the absolute best of the Zimmer proteges.
>>
>>89238313
cease and desist
>>
>>89237360
It makes a decent argument for trading medical licenses for certifications
>>
The less I think about the meaning behind the movie and the more I treat it as just pretty visuals, the better.

It wasn't great, but it wasn't amazing. But you know what it really is? Fun.
>>
>>89236928
>>89237360
Thanks for the info. Nice dystopian nightmare. So how does it end then, does the protagonist get scrapped?
>>
>>89238771
The movie is actually about Michael Eisner and Roy Disney.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.