[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are so many American creators taking their ideas to China?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 20

File: 1545034Y6-0.png (212KB, 556x311px) Image search: [Google]
1545034Y6-0.png
212KB, 556x311px
Why are so many American creators taking their ideas to China? Is it an untapped market?
>>
>>89228046
Yamakan predicted the future.

Even Nips'll start to accept China to produce their anime.
>>
>>89228046

Why are all Chinese cartoons about anthropomorphic animals? I've never seen one with actual humans in it
>>
>>89228140

Because anthro a cute.
>>
They are Chinese stone lions btw.
>>
File: 1466491943207.jpg (36KB, 371x410px) Image search: [Google]
1466491943207.jpg
36KB, 371x410px
>>89228046
>>
>>89228140
I think there was a human character at some point in Lucky Pie, but I don't remember.

Also, what the fuck is Pie supposed to be?
>>
>>89228260
That's really cute looking, actually. And it's nice the talking animals have some sort of theming rather than just the random, "It's a talking dog and his best friend, an octopus with a baseball cap and they live in a town made entirely of bread!".
>>
China is basically "that episode where the poor kid get rich": the country. They have tons of money and don't know how to invest it.
>>
That's why they went gaga over Zootopia, rite?
>>
>>89228448
Are you thinking of Moana? Zootopia did pretty well in China and Japan I thought.
>>
File: oswald.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
oswald.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>89228348
>That's really cute looking, actually. And it's nice the talking animals have some sort of theming rather than just the random, "It's a talking dog and his best friend, an octopus with a baseball cap and they live in a town made entirely of bread!".

You leave Oswald out of this.
Weenie didn't talk.
>>
File: 1484224373742.jpg (48KB, 492x449px) Image search: [Google]
1484224373742.jpg
48KB, 492x449px
>>89228046
It's a newly rich market. (though it's not growing as fast anymore)
But good luck making good money by western standards there as a non-chinese outside of multinational subsidiaries and importers.
>company has to be co-owned by chinese
>can't own property legally as non-chinese
>literally zero legal rights as a non-chinese
>have to apply for visa every 2-years which can be denied arbitrarily
>Néng piàn jiù piàn mindset is everywhere
>average Chinese education pumps out easily butthurt ethnonationalists on par with average skinhead groups
>millions of taboos that can't be shown in media, from showing skeletons and ghosts to sexual mores (despite numerous brothels everywhere) and overly successful non-chinese (all of which are breached every second on their millions of streaming platforms where people whore themselves out for direct donations)
>>
How do Americans feel over the fact that they are feeding an unstoppable monster(China)?
>>
>>89228260
>cute chinese Azaka and Kamidake bantering

I'd watch it.
>>
File: Azaka_and_Kamidake.jpg (62KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Azaka_and_Kamidake.jpg
62KB, 640x480px
>>89228578
>>
>>89228558
>gaining more money while the Chinese government currently goes through a meltdown

It's great
>>
I wish we could talk about Chinese cartoons on here. I'd love to keep making threads for Beijing Opera Cats or Rainbow Cat & Blue Rabbit. But /co/ is western animation and China wasn't deemed a part of that.

Since /a/ is Japanese animation and not eastern animation, Chinese animation belongs in /trash/, I guess.
>>
>>89228578
>not cute Chinese Komasan and Komajiro bantering.
>>
>>89228140
chinese are more pro fable than their other asian counterparts, specially japan were anime featuring animals and cute stuff is called "kodomo" wich is aimed for kids only. the only times I've seen chinese cartoons with humans only characters are the ones about historical stuff and national heroes.
>>
>>89228486
>people bullying Oswald
And we wonder why people don't talk to us
>>
>>89228803
>pro-fable
Eh, they have a significant chunk of people who call Wuxia and Xianxia novels (very popular online admittedly) "weed" novels, as in they need to be plucked out to let actual flowers grow.
But like most things in Chinese society it's hard to tell how much of it is just posturing for 'face'.
>>
File: 4587855577.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4587855577.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>89228706
>not cute Chinese zenki and goki bantering.
>>
>>89228694
/a/ is for anime only and nothing more. chinese cartoons are a gray area and somewhat allowed here just as korean cartoons are allowed here, even if mongolian cartoons existed I guess they would also be allowed here.
>>
Everyone who isn't completely retarded is jumping on the chinese bandwagon for a reason.

>China’s film market, which increased by almost 50 percent last year, is now about $6.8 billion in box office.

Also the audience is young, inexperienced, new money and ready to drop some on new movies so in other words they'll eat complete drivel (see all the talking cg animal movies) if it's marketed correctly. Also if you get in early you'll have the potential of getting famous with a billion people audience to go along with your millions of dollars.
>>
>>89229013
Chinese and Korean show threads have been getting deleted regularly for the past two months. Telemonsters is exclusively in /trash/ now even though it doesn't look anime at all, being a CG cartoon.
>>
>>89228046
They don't take their ideas to China, China just takes anyone from the west and keeps it because they can and it saves them the trouble of wasting some of their workers on that sort of stuff.
>t. fell for the "go work in China brah it's the future" meme
>>
>>89228694
/co/ is for the murrican cartoons and comics (plus Wakfu because fuck you /tg/ it's garbage and you know it)
/a/ is for anime and every now and then manga
Anything else, including the mass of korean stuff but also eurocomics can only hope to have occasionnal threads on whatever board will have big enough traffic to have some people to care about the subject
>>
>>89228486
The fact that I was describing random nonsense and there actually is a cartoon that meets those requirements shows how lacking Americans are in their imagination and they think good imagination is where, "You can do anything!" rather than creating a world with rules.
>>
>>89229065
well, it all depends on the mods really, they shouldn't delete them but they are allowed to because of the rules. the whole eastern vs, western animation rule it's pretty badly redacted, I mean, australian and many russian cartoons should be put in /a/ because it's western but at the same time /a/ rules say only animation of japanese origin is allowed, thus making it impossible to discuss those animations on /co/ or /a/.
>>
>>89229188
>/co/ is for the murrican cartoons and comics
No, it's literally "all cartoons and comics except the japanese and korean variety". The only reason you think it's just amerifat comics and cartoons is because 99% of the board population is americans.
>>
>>89228694
chinese cartoons belong here
mods who delete them are retarded
>>
>>89229280
like 70% of our cartoons are korean made, the other 30% is canadian.
>>
>>89229294
Well, I received a proper warning for my last Rainbow Cat & Blue Rabbit thread, which I had to view before I could post again. They're really serious about that, apparently.
>>
>>89229280
Exactly.
It is de-facto only american material with a few exceptions that you hardly see anymore (again, see the /tg/-born odd hard-on for Sillage and Wakfu)
The rules are one thing but as pointed already, chinese stuff would technically go to /co/ but gets deleted anyway.
It's understandable since it is pretty niche in both cases but still.
>>
>>89229353
>tfw the mods are newfags
to the trash i guess

before this thread gets noticed does anyone know if big fish and begonia has released/ been subbed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsE2cB-ZhFw
>>
>>89229443
for some reason I like chinese cgi more, it looks goofy but kind of sticks out, japanese cgi is flat as fuck and plastic.
>>
>>89228046
What is this?
>>
>>89229353

That sucks. I really enjoyed Cat & Rabbit.
>>
>>89230153
The last thing I did was translate the episode with the massive battle and all of the dying horses. Video is sitting on twelve views, so the 10+ hours it took me wasn't worth it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOQvMMcGGJw
>>
>>89230212

Oh. That's bad.

Still, why is it unlisted? You're worried about copyright?
>>
>>89228140
Because it's easier to do animals on a low budget and still have it look good.
>>
>>89229280
/co/ is technically for every type of animation, even Japanese things slip through the mods if you are smart enough with how you phrase the topic of your thread.
>>89228530
It's scary to think China is going to finish what Europe started in Africa and the west is powerless to stop it because only Whites can be racist.
>>
>>89230420
Yeah. I only upload stuff on that channel to be posted on 4chan, so it usually doesn't need to be public. The one thing I made public got copyright striked a few months later when the wrong person found it.
>>
>>89229793
It's a new Chinese cartoon about a couple of Chinese stone lions. I can't pronounce the Chinese romanticised(sp?) version of the name. There is no video of it and it shares a name with a 1976 comedy buddy cop film from China. They are basically like tweedledee and tweedledum. The creator even had to use screenshots from his TV in his article.

Also, I feel for whoever gets their thread deleted. My Chinese Where's The Dragon Thread got deleted as well. We can't talk about Squirrel and Hedgehog as well.
>>
File: 1482684330455.webm (3MB, 544x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482684330455.webm
3MB, 544x300px
I forgot the name of this movie. I originally thought this was a little dragon girl, but I believe it's a little dragon boy.
>>
File: 1482684289839.webm (2MB, 544x300px) Image search: [Google]
1482684289839.webm
2MB, 544x300px
>>89230823
China is really pushing its animation industry hard. They may soon be one of the largest exporters of animated content in the world. It's why I wish we could figure out which board to post it in.
>>
>>89230630

>It's scary to think China is going to finish what Europe started in Africa and the west is powerless to stop it because only Whites can be racist.

Do you think its a coincidence? Ain't for no reason (((they))) are claiming America and Europe are getting problem with anti-semitism while at the same time helping in the importation/immigration (Every single fucking movement for immigrant/minorities have Jews in them, and they don't even hide it! Just gotta say it in a tone that make them sound virtuous for doing it: they eagerly defend their ''fellow'' minorities against a live of subjugation, suddenly it become way harder to talk against them as they simply have to accuse you of attacking their noble cause to destroy your credibility) of the very intolerant anti-semitic muslims they claim to despise and who are doing the majority of the hate crimes against them.

China is to become the new proxy/host. I pity them and the fate their leaders doomed them to.
>>
File: 0019b91ecaeb170dc48f31.jpg (44KB, 594x358px) Image search: [Google]
0019b91ecaeb170dc48f31.jpg
44KB, 594x358px
>>89228140
>I've never seen one with actual humans in it
Little Door Gods
Monkey King: Hero is Back
>>
Don't forget Wish Dragon and Rock Dog.
>>
Is there a rec list of Chinese cartoons?
>>
>>89230957
Anyone got that pasta about the steel contractor who worked in China?

The Chinese are Jewier than the Jews could dream of.
>>
>>89230823
>>89230855

See: >>89228275
>>
>>89230855
Is this bait? Is this some joke? That animation is terrible, the backgrounds are static, the animation itself is stale, with obvious loops, and the movement doesn't mesh well at all, only the characters scale while, like I said, the backgrounds stay a static image like they made this in an hour with eight images for each character in After Effects.
>>
File: 2.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
2.webm
3MB, 640x360px
Beijing Opera Cats finished its second season a few months back.

>>89231147
I said nothing about its quality. I simply said they're pushing the industry hard and will soon be a large exporter.
>>
>>89231014

What I'm telling myself since the start, they believe they'll be in good company over there but are in for quite a surprise once they put their foot there and put themselves into a corner, since you can be sure that China won't allow them to move away or to influence things in their favor : Their inevitable attempts of power grab for influential offices in the government with as least effort as possible (defending minorities like the Uighurs muslims, who are being openly repressed by the Chinese gov at the moment, and desu they are in the right) will bring them the jealousy of countless peoples who have to work themselves to exhaustion each and every day living a live of misery in a culture where authority is to be respected at all time while cheating is seen as bad only if you get caught...

Won't even be surprised if we never hear again of the majority of those who'll fall for the trick. Also china is a bubble anyway, the moment it will crash ( which is inevitable given we don't even know for fact if they Chinese are actually producing all that stuff, it could be all bullshit on paper as to make it look like the GPD was going through the roof. I mean they build entire fucking cities from the ground up with nobody living in them, this kind of shit is a red flag that look odd as fuck no matter how you try to reason it.
>>
>>89231177

Any waifus?
>>
File: 1477277387590.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477277387590.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>89231261
A few. The show is about a group of heroes who travel the world, fighting and then curing corrupted masters and then learning something from them. This lady was the most recent one. This is from when she was still corrupted.
>>
>>89230630
>>89230957
ya'll are stupid
>>
File: 3.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>89231404
Her arc was interesting because there was a flashback episode that basically showed her entire life and the time she spent with her eventual husband. It showed her getting corrupted and everything. It was neat.
>>
File: 1477266483060.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1477266483060.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>89231375
This is from when she was cured. Her design after being cured isn't as good, but I still think it holds up. Accidentally posted the wrong one earlier.
>>
File: 4.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
4.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>89231432
One more webm, from when they were teenagers.
>>
>>89231177
In its current state all I've seen are the same Japanese rip offs, it's really no different from the much moe quality South Korean studios that have started doing their own original programming. The huge focus on anthro is obviously a deflection from even attempting humans as >>89230991 has that early Pixar/Dreamworks uncanny valley look, and I would hate to see a human in motion with their stocky wooden animation.

That Gumball ripoff show didn't look too bad though, but for Western Markets, this style will not work. It's the same designs, coloring, and animation quality you'd get off of Disney and Nick's under 5 channels. They would have to have some real dynamic or unique animation to even compete with the Jap studios that are piercing the market or to even get western commission work off of the Korean markets.
>>
>>89231177

They should make a cartoon of Romance of Three Kingdoms with animals.
>>
File: Goz_and_mez.jpg (21KB, 400x213px) Image search: [Google]
Goz_and_mez.jpg
21KB, 400x213px
>>89228854
Not cute chinese Goz and Mez bantering.
>>
>>89232342

their HFIL shirts are off
>>
File: C2Z5Ta_UcAMClY6.jpg (146KB, 784x1222px) Image search: [Google]
C2Z5Ta_UcAMClY6.jpg
146KB, 784x1222px
>>89230997
Does Rock Dog count as Chinese when it's animated in the US?
>>
>>89233479

I would say it's not, but mods could be clear about it.
>>
>>89233479

Darma is cute!
>>
>>89233837
Too bad deviantart already found her.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Rack-Dog-658205024
>>
>>89235229
>deviantart
I ain't gonna click that shit
>>
>>89235229

That's a nice rack.
>>
>>89235831
It sort of ruins what makes her character design appealing.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.