[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any ideas on where the western animation industry will go after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

File: 2010s.png (155KB, 600x464px) Image search: [Google]
2010s.png
155KB, 600x464px
any ideas on where the western animation industry will go after the end of the 2010/cal arts era??

They're all ending.

10 years ago we were losing our shit over the CN real phase, and now all the shows that saved us from that hell are dropping like flies.

I know it's morbid, but I think the animation industry is just going to get more corporate with TTG and the NPPG. This seems like the end, but hey I was saying that 10 years ago.
>>
>>89220361
Why mark Gumball?
We don't even have a confirmed ending date for it.
>>
Not sure why OTGW is on there. It was a great show, but it started and ended in less than a week, so it wasn't around for long compared to all the others. More of a mini series or a tv movie than a full on show.
>>
>>89220396
>>89220395
sorry I butchered the pic, but I am genuinely curious on your opinions on where you think animation will go from here.
>>
File: IMG_1875.png (174KB, 329x298px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1875.png
174KB, 329x298px
HOLY SHIT Cartoons are ending fuckin" wow m9
This shit happens all the time, things come and go and new things replace the old and the cycle continues
If shows don't end then they become dog shit, like FG and the Simpsons.
People complain all the time about AT being trash and how so many people dropped years ago

The cal-arts phase never existed, it's a meme spammed to death after people realized they'd get tons of (you)'s from it. Noodle arms existed even during the Fleischer era

We're gonna get new cartoons, some good, some bad. That's all
>>
>>89220446
Well, I think you should start this thread over and fix your mistakes.
>>
>>89220471
You could argue that the 2000's had more action oriented shows and anime rip offs, and a decent amount of them were done well (ie TLA). You could also say the 2010's had more satire and thin outlines.
>>
>Gumball
What are you talking about? Season 5 gas only just started, and Seasons 6 & 7 are far from release.
>>
File: 1484090532233.gif (172KB, 337x253px) Image search: [Google]
1484090532233.gif
172KB, 337x253px
>>89220361
Anything without plot is worthless to me so my opinion probably won't go far but hopefully they start going more into story telling and character building after this era. That would be nice. Shallow joke shows that try to attract a 6 to 12 audience probably aren't doing so hot. Animation really should try harder to impress and keep an audience.
>>
File: 1480646426722.png (450KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1480646426722.png
450KB, 1280x738px
>Grouping Rick and Morty with those other shows
Why people keep doing this? At least bring up Bojck Horseman, and Archer too
>>
File: 1430770018199.jpg (100KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
1430770018199.jpg
100KB, 580x282px
>>89223046
Its clear he didn't put a lot of effort in to the image but if you read the OP thats not his point at all.
>>
File: 1480269725011.jpg (39KB, 348x333px) Image search: [Google]
1480269725011.jpg
39KB, 348x333px
This era left its mark and its taste.

I was about to post about how this era was much more entertaining and tasteful than the 'shit' era but, looking back, what is the shit era?

1990s-2004 we had some good shit. The classics we all know and love. EE&E, Hey Arnold, Wild Thornberries, Batman, Superman, Justice League, Rugrats, Courage, PPG, Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, and many more.

2004-2010 we saw the a lot of shit we hated, but at the same time we got some damn good gems. MLAATR, Teen Titans, Danny Phantom, Foster's (arguably. I hated Bloo too much to watch), Justice League UNLIMITED, Buzz on Maggie, Robot Boy, Boondocks, Mother Fucking ATLA, Metalocolypse, Total Drama, Chowder, Flapjack.... Then we saw the emergence of some of the shows on OP's image. AT and Regular Show standing out.

Overall our animation track record hasn't been shit. There's been 'more' shit than average in the past 15ish years, but there's also been more gems too. Think we're just focusing way too much on the shit though and forgetting the good times.

That being said; TTG and NuPPG are just reminders that cartoons have always been corporate. But corporate thinking also gave us the good shit. Right now we're in a phase where most people who watch TV still and buy toys want those two shitstains. But the fad will die eventually. Looks like they're dying quickly by my estimates and they'll come to a crash more than a skid. If streaming becomes the ultimatum and TV decreases as I believe it will, we'll get a lot more entertaining stories to match or excel what we had for the past few years.
>>
>>89223284

>corporate

How the hell do TTG makes money? i get is cheap as dirt, but I have NEVER seen merchandise for it.
>>
>>89223451
Good, consistent ratings means good ad revenue. Plus that mobile game they made is pretty alright.
>>
>>89223451
Its a cheaply made flash show that airs constantly. Its basically the new Johnny Test in that it cost nothing to produce and license and tons of kids will eat that shit up. And as long as you have a demographic on lock down and prime afternoon time slots the money just rolls in from advertisers.
>>
I think the new thing is going to be 3dcg. It's always been kinda sorta around, but either as a gimmick for something that should look artificial like Reboot or Beast Wars, or for big budget movies of their own genre.

But I think between the successful change over of Disney to 3dcg for their princess spawning musicals, and the success of very high quality 3dcg series' like Ninja Turtles 2012, Star Wars Rebels, and the Netflix Voltron, that 3d is getting cheap enough to use for anything that doesn't require a lot of elasticity in character models. And honestly, I think people are getting tired of that rubbery design aesthetic.
>>
>>89220361
Why is rick and morty there? it's an AS show and could last another decade or be canceled next season.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.