[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say a time machine has been invented, and you were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Action_Comics_1.jpg (50KB, 300x416px) Image search: [Google]
Action_Comics_1.jpg
50KB, 300x416px
Let's say a time machine has been invented, and you were chosen to be the guinea pig for its first test.

Would you be willing to go back in time to let's say the late 30s if it meant you can get comics for pocket change?
>>
>>89217169
That would be an incredibly stupid reason to do something that risky.
>>
>>89217169
I'm black.
>>
>>89217276
I should also mention that if you're a decent enough artist, you could draw out superheroes that were created after the 30s and take the glory for yourself.
>>
File: 1439526627053.jpg (53KB, 500x375px)
1439526627053.jpg
53KB, 500x375px
>>89217169
>pocket change

Apparently inflation doesn't exist.
>>
>go back in time
>stockpile issues of comics and store them in a bunker somewhere
>bring out all these pristine, perfectly preserved comics in 2017, making archivists everywhere cry tears of ecstasy
>>
>>89217860
gold has value in any decade
>>
>>89218480
you couldn't release them or make their existence known all at once, you'd torpedo the value if you tried to sell any in that case.
>>
File: Trump.jpg (163KB, 1365x790px)
Trump.jpg
163KB, 1365x790px
>>89217169
There are way more profitable investments you could make with a Time Machine.
>>
But I'm not white...
>>
If you do that they wouldn't be as rare, therefore not as valuable, if you tried to sell them.
>>
File: 1311640322201.jpg (104KB, 613x533px)
1311640322201.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>le go back in time and buy things cheap meme
Alright buddy lets say you go back to the 30s. Where will you live? Where will you get said pocket change to buy these comics?

What are you going to do with no identification, social security number or birth certificate from that time period?
What are going to do? Go back in time with 50 gold bars in your pockets?

This would only be good if you could come back.
We've all had dreams of going back in time, I'd give anything to be back in 85 again
>>
>>89220569
Not really. Buying 30 copies of Action Comics #1 before returning to the present would be the easiest fortune you could possibly make. Biff's plan could go tits up when you are suspcted of making deals.
>>
>>89217456
So steal the comics. It ain't rocket surgery, m8.
>>
>>89222002
Except when you consider that suddenly selling 30 copies of Action Comics #1 floods the market and sinks the value. And people will start asking where you got them.
>>
>>89220900
>What are you going to do with no identification, social security number or birth certificate from that time period?

Just say that you're from the south or out west somewhere.
>>
If you could come back: go to coin shop , buy Mercury dimes from 30's period. Dress accordingly.
Go to future, buy books, bring back with you. Release them one at a time every couple of years.
>>
I'd be more interested in locating and preserving some original art from that era. But given that I couldn't sell or show off any of it.....

Yeah, there are better things to do with a time machine.
>>
>>89217169
>Let's say a time machine has been invented, and you were chosen to be the guinea pig for its first test.
>Would you be willing to go back in time to let's say the late 30s if it meant you can get comics for pocket change?
Kid, for fucksake go to bed, and stop being stupid! where is your mom? call her im gonna tell her what you are doing
>>
>>89217169
I'd go back and buy like 10 copies of Action Comics No. 1 and then never have to work a day in my life ever again. I'd also stop in 2012 on the way back and beat the shit out of myself
>>
>>89222002
what you need to do is go back in time to 2000, right when the dot com bubble had burst the economy had crashed, and buy a shitload of Amazon shares at 7$ a pop, then return to the present where they're worth over $700 each and sell them.
>>
>>89217169
So you get sent back in time and your only concern is getting the funny books for cheap? Why not warn people about Hitler or something?
>>
>>89222058

>Go back in time
>Buy Action Comics
>Come back and sell it
>Put it all on a double bet of Trump AAnd the Cubs
> Be a real cheeky cunt and predict how many states go red and the score
>????
>Profit
>>
>>89223742

Because they wouldn't listen to you. Even if you knew enough about the details of Hitler at the time you wouldn't convince them you were from the future, they would think you were a spy and you would spend the rest of your life getting tortured. Also Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>89222002
The biggest problem with Biff's plan is not just no one would bet against him after a while but would alter the course of history - making the Almanach useless. Suddenly billions would go elsewhere and it would definetly change the outcome of those matches.

However based on by the little documentary at the entrance of his hotel he supposed to be a very good businessman, so maybe after the first few millions it doesn't really matter.
>>
>>89223893
Biff fucked Marty's mom so in the end he won.
>>
>>89223742
The thing with time traveling if you change the future too much you could stab yourself in the dick. It is never just a man. World War II was unavoidable because the unjust peace of WWI.

Okay you stop Hitler, then a decade later someone does the same with better weapons, maybe atom bombs?

Or let's hope for the best you succeed and the future becomes like Star Trek where everyone is clean and polite and we only destroy other galactic species. No waifus or epic memes...
>>
>>89223857
The problem with these plans is they always forget that what you do in the past will affect what happens in the future.

You may very well cause Trump to never be born by going back in time and buying that one comic book.

Don't ask me how, maybe you kick his grandad in the dick on the way back to the time machine or some shit.
>>
>>89224000

I don't think anything will change if I grab a copy of Action Comic 1 and then leave. I'll fish one out of the trash just to be sure
>>
>>89224229
You might cut someone off on your way which would cause him to be late 10 seconds when he calls for a cab and that means he takes a different cab which causes that cab driver from taking someone etc you get where I'm going.
>>
>>89217169

There are better way to make money, the investment in comics would be easy - but money in the 1930s is different.

You would need to prepare and not stupid tv shows like Timeless or STNG prepare where Data's head got chopped off, more as with the whale movie Star Trek, where you had to get money from that era.

You would make more money if you went to Cleveland and got some original Shuster art, if you want to stick to a comic book motif, or went further back and just got something like a Van Gogh that doesn't matter if it wasn't previously known because as long as the paint and canvas were authentic, it would be worth far more than 30 Actions because it could auction for $50 to $75 million AND without worry about flooding the market.

Again, if you want comics, it should be 2 Actions, 5 of the 1st Superman self-titles, 2 Tecs, 2 original flavor Cap, 1 Namor, and a few other things. Not 30 of any one title.
>>
>>89220900
>identification, social security number or birth certificate

People weren't as anal about those back then. Even less so the earlier you go.
>>
>>89224000
If you could do that, that would be worth not getting a copy of Action Comics.
>>
>>89217860
That's still like less than $2
>>
I'd warn Jack Kirby about his wife and Stan.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.