[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>meets a new girl after the love of his life dies >falls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: scott.jpg (38KB, 418x443px) Image search: [Google]
scott.jpg
38KB, 418x443px
>meets a new girl after the love of his life dies
>falls in love with her
>marries her
>has a child with her, starts to raise said child
>Jean turns out to be alive
>"lol bye newborn baby and my literal wife"
Was this poorly written, or perfectly written to make me fucking hate Cyclops on a moral level?
>>
It's okay, it was all retconned away as psychic fuckery a few years later.
>>
>>89216480
>meets a clone of the love oh his life created by Sinister after she dies
yes, that was poorly writen
>>
File: jean bomb.png (2MB, 884x900px) Image search: [Google]
jean bomb.png
2MB, 884x900px
>>89216480
bad writing.

somebody thought people would get hyped up for a team composed of the Original 5 x-men (even though that line up sold like shit back in the 60s so badly they let a young Claremont do whatever he wanted with it)
>>
>>89216480

it is an example of what happens when fanboys become writers

Jean was never meant to resurrect.
Busiek, who as a teen sent angry letters to Marvel because he loved 60s X-Men and hated the new direction of Claremont, became a comic books writer, was given an X-Men book, and resurrected Jean Grey.

Claremont had to solve that with the retcon-event Inferno.

Busiek was so shitty that he finished his run without having Cyclops tell Jean he was married, the next writer had to do it.

as of now Cyclops betrayed Maddie with Jean, Jean with Emma, and Emma with the Phoenix.
>>
>>89216480
>Claremont wanted Scott to have a wife and kid and be happy
> Jean was dead was meant to stay that way
> New book was in pipeline, X-Factor with Dazzler on the team
> Editor hated Claremont and knew a X-Book with the O5 would be $$$, so they dropped Dazzler in favor of a revived Jean
> INFERNO attempted some damage control in revealing that Madelyn was an evil clone, etc etc
In conclusion: It's Jean's fault
>>
>>89216825
Not really accurate.
Scott betrayed Maddy to be with Jean, even though it was retconned later.
Scott betrayed Jean with Emma after watching Jean cheat on him with Wolverine (or try to, anyway).
Scott beat the shit out of Emma and dropped her like a bad habit after she Phoenix-Fucked Namor.

It's complicated.
>>
>>89216912
So...Scott and Jean are both pieces of shit, but Scott is the biggest piece of shit for initially leaving his wife and child?
I don't really follow comics at all my friend was just describing to me Cable's origins and I stopped him immediately when he covered this bit.
>>
>>89216912

I think Emma and Namor only kissed during their time in Utopia, if they fucked it was many years in the past when she was in the hellfire club.
it was a situation similar to Wolverine Jean, in which Cyclops knows who is living with a coworker who wants to fuck his wife, and they make out occasionally.
IIRC, they kissed once because of hormonal manipulation by that Gay Robot of Gillen (Unit), who said he barely had to give them a push to make them kiss, and another time when both were possessed by the Phoenix, perhaps right before Namors Wakandan genocide.
>>
>>89216480
That's not what happened but okay.
>>
>>89217056
Then how did it happen?
>>
>>89216970

basically

his wife dies

he marries a woman who looks exactly like his dead wife, gets her pregnant

busiek becomes writer, resurrects Jean (she never died, the Jean who died was a clone by the Phoenix while Jean was in a magic bubble in the ocean below Jamaica)
and makes scott leave his wife, and he also makes Scott not tell Jean he was married during all his run (Angel and Beast didnt tell her because they were waiting for Scott to man up and tell Jean himself)
>>
>>89217073
Maddy left Scott.
>>
>>89216480
>>89216480
Spider-man sold his daughter and marriage to Satan.
>>
>>89217026

Namor and Emma Frost fucked when she worked for the Hellfire Club.

Namor and Emma Frost made out when Unit manipulated their pheromones just to spite Cyclops by making him watch.

Phoenix Five Emma Frost had psychic sex with Phoenix Five Namor to boost his ego and sweet talk him into attacking Wakanda after the Avengers' invasion, where Scarlet Witch had broken him into tiny little pieces for a moment shattering his ego.

Phoenix Five Emma Frost told Phoenix Five Cyclops that what she had done with Phoenix Five Namor just to see him lose his control, because she was tired of reigning in her powers like Phoenix Five Cyclops wanted.

During the big fight with the Avengers, Phoenix Five Cyclops shocked Phoenix Five Emma Frost and stole her portion of the Phoenix Force, both because she was losing her control and because he needed a power boost.

Much later Emma Frost asked to go back together with Cyclops and Cyclops told her he wouldn't touch her even with Namor's trident.
>>
>>89216825
>Busiek, who as a teen sent angry letters to Marvel because he loved 60s X-Men and hated the new direction of Claremont, became a comic books writer, was given an X-Men book, and resurrected Jean Grey.
You must admit that is some fucking dedication.
>>
>>89217388
>there's a story where satan wins and never gets any comeuppance for it
>he comes in and gets what he wants with barely a fight
>satan fucking wins
>in what was supposed to be an iconic comic story arc
>because the marriage made peter "old" and a divorce would make it worse
>>
>>89217094
when Jean come back because he was all time with the Xfactor
>>
>>89216825
>Busiek, who as a teen sent angry letters to Marvel because he loved 60s X-Men and hated the new direction of Claremont, became a comic books writer, was given an X-Men book, and resurrected Jean Grey.
Not what happened. He wasn't on any X-Men books, he just convinced Roger Stern and Jim Shooter to do it.
>>
>>89216861
Actually Claremont wanted to get rid of Cyclops so his Mary Sue storm could lead the team unopposed, and wanted Cyclops to have a reason to stay permanently in limbo and only come back for holidays, that's why he married him to test tube Jean and they had baby Nathan.
Editorial saw that Cyclops was available and say fuck Claremont since he doesn't actually own cyclops thus X factor was born, the whole deadbeat husband was a mess and if anyone here actually read X factor they'd realize its a huge penitence for Cyclops and he embodies suffering up to inferno, when he puts his life together, gets back his son, has the ship babysit him and starts fucking Jean everyday... At that point he's an equivalent to superdad
>>
>>89217647
This is pretty much how every fanboy who becomes a comic writer or editor does when they go into Marvel or DC.

They scream "Not muh" and fuck things up to how it was when they were kids or teens.

Quesada undoing Spider-Man's marriage, Johns returning things to the silver age (and then adding his Superboy fanfiction) are just two examples.
>>
>>89217788
Perfect
>>
>>89217981
He made it up to Nate by raising him in the future with Jean anyway.
>>
>>89217473
Source on that last bit on them getting back together.
>>
>>89216480

Claremont has literally explained that it was all editorial fuckery. What Scott did was never pertinent to his character. Shooter only cared about money and thought Claremont was a primadonna, so he okay'd an idea to bring the O5 back together and didn't give a shit that it fucked with what Claremont had built up. Yeah, it was shit, but whatever there's no going back I suppose.

Jean was generally a shit partner to Cyclops, she always seemed half a breath away from cheating on him with Logan and she also belittled all his problems, which is why he looked to Emma.
>>
>>89220512
Claremont was a primadonna, but his old stuff was good
>>
>>89218446
Bendis
>>
File: 1470104901367.jpg (443KB, 868x436px) Image search: [Google]
1470104901367.jpg
443KB, 868x436px
JEAN
>>
>>89217981
Would it have been so bad for the first class to retire?
>>
>>89221188
Not with Marvel Time in effect.
>>
>>89216912
>>89216970
>>89217080
>>89217981
Spidey was right. You need a fucking score card to even keep track of this soap opera they call a life.
>>
>>89220837
Are you sure? Bendis? The comic book writer?
>>
>>89221259
Spider-Man is a fucking harem anime
>>
>>89221259
Mr CLone Saga doesn't get to talk.
>>
>>89216480

it was editorial edict
>>
>>89216825

Busiek mentioned the idea to Byrne who did it in FF and Avengers with Shooter
>>
>>89221188

Most of them were. I don't think Bobby or Warren did anything. Beast was an Avenger.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-13-20-00-07.jpg (18KB, 170x208px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-13-20-00-07.jpg
18KB, 170x208px
>>89221321
I wish I could say you were wrong.

>>89221354
Listen.
That was uncalled for.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.