[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best way to get into Hellblazer? Should I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Hellblazer_1.jpg (56KB, 250x386px) Image search: [Google]
Hellblazer_1.jpg
56KB, 250x386px
What's the best way to get into Hellblazer? Should I just start from issue 1?
>>
>>89185329

Sorry no normies allowed to read vertigo shit please get out
>>
>>89185329
yes read delano and ennis
>>
>>89185329
Yes OP just start with 1 and read through the 300 issues. It changes hands a few times and some are better than others but overall I think you'd miss out by not reading all of it.
>>
>>89185329
read 1 onwards, skip the writers you feel their run is being tedious
then read the mini series' or graphic novels afterwards
>>
>>89185329
All of it. It's such a shame they ruined it by bringing it into the main universe
>>
That or start with Moore's Swamp Thing run where John is introduced.
>>
>>89185672
But he was introduced in Swamp Thing, and that was always main universe.
>>
>>89185329
yes. and don't skip anything.
>>
>>89185329
NO

start with reading ALL of Moore's Swamp Thing first (cause it's good and introduces John, and if you like Hellblazer, you'll like Moore's swamp thing, it makes more sense to read it all rather than just the issue john appears in)

Then read #1-300 and all of the one-shots like Bad Blood, Pandemonium, Chas the knowledge etc
>>
>>89185935
this

are people forgetting the time Swamp Thing faced off with Batman in Moore's run? or how John Teamed up with all etrigan and other DC supernatural superheroes to fight the great darkness with swamp thing?
>>
>>89185935
shh! Don't ruin his worldview
>>
>>89185329
>Should I just start from issue 1?
Please, yes.

You could start with All His Engines as a self-contained introduction to Hellblazer without having to bother with too much background stuff, but honestly just starting at #1 and reading it chronologically is the best way to experience Hellblazer.

You'll inevitable hit some runs that simply don't click with you (I seriously disliked Azzarello's run myself, for example), at which point you can choose whether to skip ahead to the next run or tough it out to make sure you don't miss anything.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.