[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have been wanting to read some comics recently and came across

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Have been wanting to read some comics recently and came across the Howard the Duck omnibus. Are the comics good? They seem pretty funny. Would being into Looney Tunes be a good gauge to see if you'd like Howard?
>>
They're really good but not in a looney tunes way.
>>
>>89168477
Howard the Duck is not like Looney Tunes at all.

If you like social commentary and biting satire you may enjoy it.
>>
>>89168519
>>89168531
Okay cool. Only reason I mentioned Looney Tunes is just cause they're also anthropomorphic animals doing crazy shit.
>>
>>89168477
Steve Gerber's Howard comics are great taken in context of when they were written and still pretty damn good character studies independently. The arc where Howard is committed especially stands out.

>Would being into Looney Tunes be a good gauge to see if you'd like Howard

I mean
Don't expect a lot of slapstick. Gerber always maintained that Howard was a flesh and blood duck with cartoony proportions. He said once
>If you ran over Daffy with a bulldozer he'd flatten out like a pancake. If you ran over Howard with a bulldozer he'd pop and be a grease spot on the street.
>>
Still OP. Is the omnibus the best way to read this stuff or is there another collection that's better?
>>
>>89168607
Omnibus is best way. If you're on a budget there's the Essential TPB but it's all in black and white.
>>
>>89168629
Okay cool. Found the omnibus pretty cheap so I'm just gonna go with that
>>
>>89168629
Are the comics usually funny?
>>
>>89168770
Yeah. The more familiar you are with other 70's comics/culture the better off you'll be.
>>
>>89168837
What're some other great Marvel omnibuses? I mean i'm sure they'll all great collections but I just don't know a whole lot about comics.
>>
>>89168770
They're pretty funny, but be ready for some unexpected feels.

It really bugs me that all they do with Howard nowadays is lol he's a DUCK when the original had a lot more shit going on.

I miss Winda and Paul.
>>
>>89169159
>when the original had a lot more shit going on.

Steve Gerber had a lot more going on that Chip Zdarsky
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.