[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the best piece of animation to come out in 2016? Sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Kubo.jpg (3MB, 2865x1933px) Image search: [Google]
Kubo.jpg
3MB, 2865x1933px
Was this the best piece of animation to come out in 2016?
Sure the ending was predictable, the humor was a little childish, and there wasn't as much focus on the music as I would have liked, but the way that the story was told and the really elegant claymation was something I haven't seen in a long, long time.
>>
>>89168180
Yes.
>>
>>89168180
Laika will always astound me with the effort they put into things, and in that regard it's essentially unmatched

But it didn't have rabbit ass so it loses out on my tops
>>
File: best animated.png (161KB, 393x274px) Image search: [Google]
best animated.png
161KB, 393x274px
>>89168180
>Was this the best piece of animation to come out in 2016?
not even close
>>
>>89168497
Furtopia and Finding Dory were solidly shit.
>>
>>89168532
I liked Zoo and Moan, didn't give a fuck and skipped Dory.

But Kubo is vastly superior in every field.
>>
>>89168590
Moana was good. Zootopia would have been fine if not for all the heavy handed allegories.
>>
File: Whoa!.jpg (32KB, 428x717px) Image search: [Google]
Whoa!.jpg
32KB, 428x717px
>>89168532
>Furtopia

WHOA! Whoa.. whoa... lets not go full-retard here.
>>
>>89168497
You know, I liked all three of those movies, but they don't hold a candle to Kubo.
>>
>>89168497

>google searching "best animated films of 2016"

You forgot the part where that list goes down the line to include obscure direct-to-DVD-tier films such as Quackerz and BoBoiBoy: The Movie mixed together with pretentious art films from Europe that /co/ will never watch.

>implying that The Red Turtle, Tower, The Girl Without Hands, Ethel & Ernest, and My Life as a Courgette aren't better films than any of the films in your picture
>>
>>89168497
Those are bretty good but Kubo was still better
>>
>>89168622
I give that one a pass because it was pretty light handed given the subject is hard not to be blatant with, and its a pretty good set of lessons for the next generation.

"Don't be a little shit because people are different, but don't give people a pass just because they're a minority or The Man because they can be just as much a bunch of cunts as anyone else. Own up to your own fuckups."

I don't like its pro-pop message, but I figure we'll never get another non-pop musical movement again anyway so it doesn't matter.
>>
File: kubis and the 2 strangs.png (360KB, 500x727px) Image search: [Google]
kubis and the 2 strangs.png
360KB, 500x727px
Kubo was fucking enchanting. It's true that the visuals eclipse the story in terms of quality, but I like how the plot had a very folklore feel to it. I also didn't expect to warm up to Beetle as much as I did.
>>
Honestly Laika could make a film about a piece of shit going through a sewer and if still love it.
>>
File: kubo in china.jpg (51KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
kubo in china.jpg
51KB, 405x720px
When will Laika announce their next film? I can't wait much longer.
>>
>>89168180
American? Yes. I need to see "Your Name."

Also,
>Excellent movie
>Barely makes any money
>Only two movies that do worse are direct-to-video knockoffs in theaters
When did the audience lose their sense of taste?
>>
>>89171740
Can't lose what you never had.
>>
File: 1439057630822.png (389KB, 766x432px) Image search: [Google]
1439057630822.png
389KB, 766x432px
>>89171764
The audience had taste? They voted for Trump.
>>
>>89171740
I suspect the awful ticket sales had to due with poor advertising. I barely saw any hint of the movie before and during its time in theaters.

Same story goes for pretty much every Laika movie, aside from Coraline.
>>
>>89168180
No, it's some French movie that I haven't seen yet because I don't live in one of the two cities it was screened in. I'll see it when it comes out on DVD and this belief will be affirmed.
>>
>>89172328
my life as a zucchini?
>>
I really liked it.

I see a lot of disdain for it though.
>>
>>89168180
actual animation? Yeah
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.