[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the current comics from the VERTIGO line creator-owned? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 2973981-mzl.ssqmudjc.jpg (68KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2973981-mzl.ssqmudjc.jpg
68KB, 1024x1024px
Are the current comics from the VERTIGO line creator-owned? What makes it different from Image Comics?
>>
>>89165075
>What makes it different from Image Comics?
WB owns all movie/film rights to anything published by Vertigo.
>>
>>89165124

Oh, so... why would any of these creators ever make these projects for Vertigo when they can take their ideas to Image and own it completely?
>>
>>89165179
They don't.

That's the problem with Vertigo now. They can only get new writers, literally whos, and the occasional DC writer who will write something there for a few issues, like Snyder or King or whatever.

The contract change to >>89165124 basically killed Vertigo.
>>
>>89165179
Image does not pay out in page rates so some may prefer Vertigo if they do need that guaranteed money. And of course many of them are also DC exclusive creators and those contracts have recently (past year or two) started including Vertigo exclusivity. But in both situations ideally you keep the best ideas for yourself and probably just put out something not as good through Vertigo in the meantime just to get your name out there.
>>
>>89165534
>But in both situations ideally you keep the best ideas for yourself and probably just put out something not as good through Vertigo in the meantime just to get your name out there.
That is HORRIBLE advice. Always do your best, always.

Your best idea should always be your newest one, otherwise that's how you get the kind of hacks who burn out early.
>>
>>89165179
Exactly.
>>
>>89165622
>Always do your best, always.
Do your best for yourself, not for a corporation that just wants to cheat you out of every dollar they can.
>>
>>89165622
You can still do your best with a lesser idea. Or at least something good enough to get fans.

This is a business my man, protect your shit. Do your passion project after you make it big.
>>
Vertigo is the new Icon, a place for DC company men/women. The only reason their name still means anything is because unlike Icon they used to be good.
>>
File: RCO001.jpg (436KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO001.jpg
436KB, 1054x1600px
>>89166151

I'm still not understanding DC's Vertigo and Marvel's Icon. Even if these creators were committed to DC/Marvel exclusively, I don't understand why they would suddenly pour their passion projects into a company that won't let them own it. There would be no way to ever convince a creator to do that. Yet, we still see a lot of Vertigo books with cool concepts that seem exactly like the stuff that comes from Image. What part of the Vertigo contract entices them enough to do it. That's really what I want to know.
>>
>>89166776
Maybe they get guaranteed sets of issue renewals? Clean Room has been solicited to at least #17, even though it's been selling ~5k since like the 6th one
>>
>>89167244
Image doesn't cancel books, the creators can choose to continue them even with abysmal sales, it's just that most creators can't afford that if the book is doing that badly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.