[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Wolverine so popular? It's just some guy with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

Why is Wolverine so popular? It's just some guy with knives in his hands.
>>
File: confederacy.png (768KB, 496x780px) Image search: [Google]
confederacy.png
768KB, 496x780px
He's the best at what he dus, bub, an' what he duz ain't very nice like either...so why don't ya shutyertrap
>>
>>89151267
I saw some thing from the 90s where they were asking Marvel staffers why Wolverine was so popular, and two answers (from John Byrne, and I can't remember who the other was) stood out as making some kind of sense and seeming like possible explanations.

1. He doesn't take shit. "He's the kind of superhero we'd all like to be if we were honest with ourselves", I believe was one of the quotes. Their basic points was that he doesn't let it stand if anybody fucks with him and will fuck them up.

2. His weapons are in his body, so you can't ever take them away from him. This makes him unique compared to other heroes that use weapons. Like you could put blanks in Punisher's guns, cut the power supply to Iron Man's armor, hide Cap's shield, etc., but you can never take Wolverine's weapons away from him.

I also saw an article on some faggy blog years ago that said Wolverine was the modern equivalent of Tarzan, i.e. the "savage man in the modern world" archetype, so there's another theory.

Personally, my favorite explanation came from /fit/ (of all places). They said (paraphrasing) "Cyclops is an alpha male. Wolverine has no use for the social order at all and goes his own way."
>>
File: cucklops.jpg (497KB, 734x1605px) Image search: [Google]
cucklops.jpg
497KB, 734x1605px
>>89151355
>cyclops
>alpha male
Obligatory

In any case those things are all valid in a way I guess....personally I've just always liked Wolverine, he's a gruff and tumble guy, he's not supposed to be the best looking guy in the world, he's not some pretty boy, he's an every man much more than the typical comic book presentation of an "every man", Wolvie actually feels like he is rather than simply being presented as such.
>>
>>89151267
Manlets can relate to him. Same with Vegeta.
>>
>>89151514
You're a manlet
>>
Guys that acted like assholes but still did good things and were tough were popular in the 90s.
>>
>>89151698
Yep, and he's popular now because he was popular then. Most people don't even know what the fuck he's done since then.
>>
There's a lot of reasons actually. You can still tell who he is out of costume. He has a very distinct personality, he'll act in a predictable and recognizable way. He talks a unique way and has catch phrases. He has his own cast of villains. Hes got a built in internal conflict that can easily be repeated over and over in stories.
>>
>>89151694
YOU'RE a towel.
>>
>>89151267
Because he's the best there is at what he does.
And what he does isn't nice.
Or sanitary.
>>
>>89151355
>Cyclops is an alpha male
kek
>>
>>89151698
He was most popular in the 80s.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 320x158px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 320x158px
>>89152763
Logan get out of here your still dead
>>
>>89151514
But I'm 5'4" and I hate Vegeta.

Though I like Krillin so eh
>>
>>89151355
Not just teleporting his hands away or placing Logan in a rail gun and shooting him into the sun. Never got why no one never do these things.
>>
>>89151420
Source? I've never seen comic-related writing so Chadish.
>>
>>89153138
But you're dead too, Scott.
>>
>>89154612
Which is why all of the Marvel U is not right, and so shitty.
>>
File: that_frank_when.png (48KB, 705x766px) Image search: [Google]
that_frank_when.png
48KB, 705x766px
>>89151299
do not bully the frank
>>
>>89154598
Can't recognize Wizard magazine?
It's gone by now.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.