[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished Trollhunters and thought it was really good, though

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Trollhunters_poster.jpg (71KB, 250x371px) Image search: [Google]
Trollhunters_poster.jpg
71KB, 250x371px
Just finished Trollhunters and thought it was really good, though it took me a while to get past the cg since I'm a traditional animation fag. Apparently it's based on a book series, but I can't seem to find out anything about the books. Does anyone know how different the series is vs the books?

Best character was Aargh.
>>
Did I just miss all the Trollhunters conversation or has /co/ not seen it?
>>
It was good. Not stand out. Or at least it is what I wish an average cartoon was as opposed to the low quality that is the actual average cartoon.
>>
>>89151603
The first.
I own the book but hasn't read it yet. Has a mature language warning on the back and seems like he is living with his dad and the Mexican chick is British or something.
>>
I got excited since I saw Guillermo del Toro's name attached, but it was just a paint-by-numbers action cartoon geared towards kids. Not bad, but underwhelming all the same.
>>
File: Angor.png (651KB, 772x746px) Image search: [Google]
Angor.png
651KB, 772x746px
>>89151243

I enjoyed the shit out of this show. My biggest prop was to the back half of the season, I thought Angor Rot was a way more scary villain than Bular and ended up having a much larger impact on the story. Also it was interesting watching him go from an apex predator to a complete lunatic, the descendent into madness for him really made feel somewhat sorry that his entire life was one big fuck up.

My biggest irk probably was toby, he's the generic fat school friend character who didn't really have any value other than a random side kick. I thought him and Argh's relationship was adorable tho.
>>
>>89152842
>My biggest irk probably was toby,
I'm hoping that's fixed in season two.

Though really this felt like two seasons packaged as one. The Bular plot line, then the Angor Rot one felt like they were intended to be different seasons from the segue between them.

I felt all the villains were pretty well characterized. Bular wasn't evil as much as a champion of his race trying to bring them back to supremacy, while Strickler's whole goal of preserving changeling society and banging Jim's mum was pretty compelling.
>>
>>89152866
Also Jim's clearly got troll blood in him some where.
>>
>>89153238
My guess is his dad is a changeling,too,and somehow the amulet chosing Jim as the Trollhunter is part of a bigger scheme.

I liked this show. Guillermo del Toro's name is what got in it,along with the troll theme (specially knowing about the trolls from Hellboy 2; I expected some of the elements from that movie to soak into the series,and wasn't dissapointed).
Of course,it's supposed to be a children's show,so it's natural for it to have an easy going,sort of childish feel like the episode with all the fart jokes and the giant volcano giant , but it was great nontheless. The troll cultures in general, the villains (specially Angor Rot and his "undead magic assasin" aura), the relationship among the main characters (Toby and Argh becoming bros was lovely).

All in all,a highly enjoyable show, surprisingly deep for the target public it's got (so I guess they also thought of parents/older siblings) and a pitty the possibility of a second (third) season is on risk,with Anton Yelchin's death and all that.

Also,I love Strickler's design,in both forms. Maybe not the coolest,but the most fitting one from all the characters.
>>
It was pretty enjoyable, if a bit generic at times. I was groaning at stuff like Jim needlessly betraying Angor or not killing him, or his mother conveniently forgetting his secret, but not Strickler.
>>
>>89154352
>so I guess they also thought of parents/older siblings
Nah, I think Del Toro respects kids enough not to sugar coat shit too much. I don't think it was just to engage an older audience as well.

I was surprised they killed off Argh

It's a shame about Yelchin, he was pretty perfect for the role. Hopefully they can find a good replacement.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.