[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Begins was basically Year One and The Dark Knight Rises was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: batmanbegins.jpg (82KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
batmanbegins.jpg
82KB, 1366x768px
So Begins was basically Year One and The Dark Knight Rises was a combination of The Dark Knight Returns and Knightfall. What the fuck was The Dark Knight based on?
>>
>>89139995
The Long Halloween.
>>
>>89140035
Meh...I don't see it.
>>
>>89139995
Nothing in particular. Nothing really jumped out at me.
However the Dark Knight Trilogy was terrible. The only saving grace in that Movie was Heath Ledger and even he wasn't as good as normies think he was.
>>
>>89140089
Better than BvS at least.
>>
>>89140065
Gordon, Batman and Dent teaming up to fight crime in Gotham, the mob turning to 'freaks' to deal with Batman, Dent falling and turning to Two Face.

They even took the "I Believe in Harvey Dent" line from it and used it as Harvey's campaign slogan. Not a direct adaptation, but it shares a few thematic elements.
>>
>>89139995
Chicago
>>
Killing Joke, at least with the "all it takes is one bad day" vibe
>>
File: Joker batman001-03.jpg (295KB, 800x1107px) Image search: [Google]
Joker batman001-03.jpg
295KB, 800x1107px
>>89140277
>>89140814
These, plus elements of The Joker's first appearance in the Golden Age.

Mostly though, it was an original story that just felt like a long-form comic book story, at least that's why I loved it.
>>
>>89140089
B-but critics told me it was a cinematic masterpiece
>>
>>89140089
KEK DETECTED
>>
>>89140159
they could show dogs fucking for 2 hours and it would be better than BvS
>>
File: Batman-The_Man_Who_Laughs.jpg (55KB, 250x378px) Image search: [Google]
Batman-The_Man_Who_Laughs.jpg
55KB, 250x378px
>>89139995
I'd say Long Halloween (at least Two-Face's part) and pic related.
>>
Long Halloween and to an extent killing joke
>>
>>89139995
The Killing Joke.

No really why the fuck does nobody ever mention this.
>>
dark knight was just Nolan's baby with the slightest bit of killing joke sprinkled in
>>
>>89140065
It's about the transition from gangland mobsters to crazy supervillians, as exemplified in the transition of Harvey Dent to Two Face, so in that way it is rather similar.
There's also little nodes to The Killing Joke
>>
>>89143567
I thought I cleared that from my search history.
>>
>>89140159
You're setting the bar pretty low.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.