[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do I start with the Legion of Superheroes? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: legion3.jpg (61KB, 700x389px) Image search: [Google]
legion3.jpg
61KB, 700x389px
Where do I start with the Legion of Superheroes?

I've tried looking for the silver-age stuff online but to no avail.
>>
>Where to start reading LoSH:
From the beginning.

Or: Adventure Comics #346 of 1966 (when Jim Shooter started)
Or: Superboy starring the Legion of Super-Heroes #197 of 1973 (when they became headliners)
Or: Legion of Super-Heroes #259 of 1980 (when the series was renamed to just them)
Or: Legion of Super-Heroes #284 of 1982 (when Paul Levitz began his most famous run)
Or: Legion of Super-Heroes #1 of 1989 (which begins the Five Years Later era)
Or: Legion of Super-Heroes #0 and Legionnaires #0 of 1994 (which begins the Reboot era)
Or: Legion of Super-Heroes #1 of 2004 (which begins the Threeboot era)
Or: Fuck the new shit.

Really, it all depends on where (You) feel like starting.
>>
>>89120530
Legion of Three Worlds is a solid introduction.
>>
>>89120530
>I've tried looking for the silver-age stuff online but to no avail.
there's a chronology torrent around that has everything

or check mtcdc
>>
>>89120530
>>I've tried looking for the silver-age stuff online but to no avail.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Adventure-Comics-1938/Issue-247?id=41347

LoSH started in Adventure Comics.
>>
What are the definitive runs?
>>
>>89120882
Levitz/Giffen.
>>
>>89120890
Which issue numbers?
>>
>>89120905
>>89120752
>>
>>89121460
That doesn't mention Giffen.
>>
all of it!!

or start with the Levitz run

or just read Volume 3

or either reboot.
>>
>>89121473
>>89121460
Or when the runs end for that matter too.
>>
>>89121473

>Or: Legion of Super-Heroes #284 of 1982 (when Paul Levitz began his most famous run)

Giffen joined shortly after and started through the first arc in volume 3.

also don't start at Five Years Later, it's great but it is Advanced Legion
>>
>>89121486
Giffen is co-writer with Levitz and then follows on from Levitz. Just read from Levitz until you don't want to anymore.
>>
>>89121486

when they end they END you'll know
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.