[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A character adamantly doesn't believe in a supernatural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: download (14).jpg (4KB, 120x90px) Image search: [Google]
download (14).jpg
4KB, 120x90px
>A character adamantly doesn't believe in a supernatural thing.
>Said character routinely encounters supernatural things nearly every day of their lives.
>>
File: crisis5p0.gif (209KB, 576x454px) Image search: [Google]
crisis5p0.gif
209KB, 576x454px
>>
Just because ghosts exists doesn't mean werewolves exist.
Just because vampires exist doesn't mean eskimos exist.
Etc
>>
>>89112209
Name 3.14 shadow plays that does this.
>>
>>89112209
What episode of SMSS is that?
>>
i remember that one AT episode that people said was this but it seems like no one realized that Bubblegum wasn't saying magical bullshit didn't exist, she was just saying that said magical bullshit was still science. she was being an arrogant cunt bout it, not a poorly characterized retard.
>>
>>89112371
Yeah, but you shouldn't be so damn skeptical knowing that stranger things have happened.
>>
File: hellboy-beastsofburden07.jpg (191KB, 584x892px) Image search: [Google]
hellboy-beastsofburden07.jpg
191KB, 584x892px
>>89112371
There is a point where what exist gets too ridiculous and you just go with the flow tho.

>>89112381
Lex Luthor, Wally from YJ cartoon, princess Bubblegun.
>>
File: 1459160312376.jpg (64KB, 340x404px) Image search: [Google]
1459160312376.jpg
64KB, 340x404px
>>89112209
>Smart, rational character doesn't believe in the unknown and provides a possible explanation for all tbe weird
>the characteristic is especially highlighted/just created/ only shows up in this episode
>comes across an issue in this episode that they can't explain and become dumb and bumbling
>the show or its characters make it obvious that this person just got schooled by reality in an annoyingly smug "gotcha" moment
Bonus points if the character doesn't change after the episode.
>>
>"These people believe anything they can't explain is magic."
>"Naturally, you don't believe in that kind of thing."
>"Of course I do. I've seen it all. Demons, witch-boys, immortals, zombies... But this thing? I don't know, it just feels so... So high-school."

Batman Beyond was great.
>>
>>89112209
I think they made Seto Kaiba from the Yugioh dub even MORE skeptical than the Japanese version.
>>
>>89112415
That episode still kinda sucked
>>
>>89112458
It isn't strange to them though, its just life.
>>
>>89112371
Eskimos exist, dude. Do you not know about them?
>>
>>89112209
if i encountered magical dragons everyday, i wouldn't think much of them
but if i never encountered ghosts before, an someone asked me about ghosts, i would disbelieve it
>>
>>89114864
I know about them. I also know about vampires and unicorns.
Have you ever seen an Eskimo???
>>
>>89112209

We all encounter supernatural things nearly every night of our lives when we dream. You'd be wrong if you accepted them at face value as actual things happening in the real world as opposed to illusions of things created while your brain is reorganizing from the previous day. Though most of us do accept them at face value while dreaming, which I think implies something about our serious deficiencies in being able to identify illusions in waking life.
>>
>>89114829
it was a cool adventure episode that's only marred by PB being an asshole, I'm still not sure if she was supposed to be in the right or not.
>>
>>89114864
>believing the Eskimo conspiracy theory
>>>/x/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>89112209
Who is brian griffin?
>>
>>89112209

It's still better than

>Character doesn't believe in one mildly supernatural thing
>Character then blames another extremely supernatural thing

It's the basis for insanity in a lot of villains, how their schizophrenic fears are out to get them.

Outside of comics, this annoyed me most with the x files. Scully, you literally can't shift blame of everything onto angels, even if you are right 10 percent of the time.
>>
>>89116673
That one's especially weird since Brian himself is a talking dog.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.