[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>King's Batman run continues to fall below expectations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 15

File: sales.png (28KB, 753x466px) Image search: [Google]
sales.png
28KB, 753x466px
>King's Batman run continues to fall below expectations
>will only get worse after pissing off the most popular casual ship

We need to make Batman great again, again
>>
>>89105917
His run is shit but I think it has something to do with the double shipping
>>
>>89105932
If anything double shipping makes this graph look even worse since if you marked it by month instead of issue #, the decline would be twice as fast for King.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 960x540px
>>89105917
>TFW King's Batman is too smart for most people

If it wasn't so funny it'd be sad
>>
>>89106184
This meme worked better for Morrison who at least had some level of 2deep4u instead of generic action blockbuster
>>
it's twice a month instead of monthly
>>
>>89106184
>there are people who think King's Batman is smart
Sad.
>>
File: 1484277534495.jpg (53KB, 848x636px) Image search: [Google]
1484277534495.jpg
53KB, 848x636px
>>89105917
>snyderfags stop reading because le elitism
>IT'S OGRE KINGBATS IS FINISHED

Why is everyone so determined to hate this run?
>>
>>89105917
Batman was never great
>>
>>89106492
I was hyped to Hell and back when they announced that King would be writing and thought that Snyder's was incredibly lame after CoO ended. That doesn't change the fact that this run has been incredibly disappointing and is honestly King's worst work.
>>
My my, someone has been reading the latest sales charts and is feeling butt pain?
>>
Can someone explain the King hype? I read the first two issues of Omega Men and they were terrible. His Batman run seems mediocre.

Why do some people act like he's Shakespeare?
>>
>>89106184
>King's Batman
>smart
What sad is that you actually serious.
>>
>>89106788
He's not bad writer and I actually enjoyed Vision, but he is extermly overrated by some fans.
>>
>>89106788
You just have shit taste.
>>
>>89106788
Omega Men was great and so was Vision, so people were hyped to see him on a big name character like Batman, and now everyone is disappointed because his Batman is mediocre at best.
>>
>>89106907
Does Omega Men get better? The first two issues were seriously bad, so I dropped it.
>>
>>89106885
Do you lash out because you're not capable of arguing for your point, or is this just trolling?
>>
>>89106919
It's a bit of a slow burner and it does get a lot better, but if you really hated the first issues that much you might want to consider that your taste is just garbage.
>>
File: 5-8.jpg (113KB, 580x892px) Image search: [Google]
5-8.jpg
113KB, 580x892px
Nah! The next issue will be ok.
>>
>>89106961
Nah, my taste is impeccable, that series just started out shit and I don't want to waste my time wading through it.

I'm guessing you're one of the BvS fans who tells everyone they just don't understand the movie's brilliance.
>>
>>89107048
I thought the preview looked neat, but the Cat/Bat bullshit needs to stop
>>
>>89107085
So easily you transition into movie shitposting... You could've kept this on longer but now you've revealed yourself as a master(bait)er.
>>
>>89106907
>and so was Vision
Not really
>>
>>89107085
>comparing King to ZachAttack

wew lad
>>
>>89107085
>Nah, my taste is impeccable
Kys
>>
>>89107048
Ugh
>>
>>89105917
Get rid of Snyder and his cronies, including King, their concept of Batman is just not working (except for 'Tec maybe, but then againg Batman is only guest-starring in it).
>>
File: DC.png (55KB, 589x444px) Image search: [Google]
DC.png
55KB, 589x444px
>that feel when your favourite dc editor and writer still have their weak spots
>>
I maintain that Batman/Catwoman is not the OTP it's cracked up to be, and you could indeed do perfectly fine without it, as Batman did in the 70s and 80s.
>>
>>89106961
Nah, it sucks and the level of fan insecurity surrounding it is funny as shit.
You faggots got me to read up to issue 5 at least.
That's something.
>>
File: 1481772982073.png (205KB, 300x311px) Image search: [Google]
1481772982073.png
205KB, 300x311px
>>89107620
>you're just a n00b and I cannot help you
>>
>>89108017
>Khouri hasn't read JSA
>Khouri doesn't care about JSA
>Nobody cares about JSA
It's a hard life sometimes.
>>
Jesus Christ, King fans are worse than Morrison ones were.
>>
>>89106919
Omega Men is overhyped mediocre at best shit, just like King in general.
>>
>>89107620
I've always hated Khouri. Fucking cuck.

>>89108739
>tfw so eager to shitpost you disregard all rules of grammar
>>
>>89108739
People enjoyed the novelty of space terrorists doing space terrorist things, but yeah, it's not as DEEP as they think it is.
>>
>>89105917
This currently two issue arc sucks and the last arc was kinda weak, I am hoping the Bane arc coming up picks my interest up a bit
>>
>>89106492
>stop reading because le elitism
I stopped reading because instead of Greg Capullo I had to deal with poser what's his name and David Finch on art
>>
>>89105917
Its still at the top of the best seller list every month including back issues.

The problem is Snyder ruined Batman for new readers. They think he should get a new villain every issue and don't understand Batman is meant to be a slow burn more about the characters.
>>
File: det609.jpg (1MB, 1327x2028px) Image search: [Google]
det609.jpg
1MB, 1327x2028px
>>89109947
What Batman have you been reading? If anything, Snyder is the one who made it so that everything is a super arc with the fate of Gotham on the line. The vast majority of Batman stories are small arcs if not one-and-dones with a new character that the writer made up.
>>
>>89110044
1-3 issue arcs have been Batman's thing since the ONeil days, while Snyder also did long arcs it was with the same well known villains over and over. So if they aren't popping up normies are not interested.
>>
>Bruce Wayne as a kid tried to off himself by cutting his wrist
>as if little Bruce would ever kill himself before tracking down his parents' killer and putting him down
>Bruce as a little kid decided to metaphorically kill himself and now he sees himself as only the 'BAT'
>using the most casual interpretation of the character just because it was a thing in Timm/Dini's cartoons and making it worse by adding suicidal bullshit to it
>BAT and CAT are into each other because they recognize the pain in each other's eyes and a're two people who metaphorically killed their old selves to escape said pain
>reducing BatCat into two suicidal fucks that are only together because they are able fuck their depression away
>the CAT killed 200 and something terrorists by name, but the BAT don't believe her because death is a choice and not something you impose on others and he knows that the CAT as someone who regards suicide as something important believes in this also
>turning Catwoman into a murderer and Batman into a crazy guy who romantizes suicide

Also the whole BAT and CAT thing make them look like to furries and the fact that they're constantly screaming that to each other is really annoying.
>>
>>89105917

>It's still the highest selling comics

This industry is a joke
>>
>>89110044
> DC canceled the second Breyfogle collection
I'm trying to give you fucks my money, why won't you take it?

They also need to reprint the Steve Englehart and Marshall Rogers stuff.
>>
>>89110062
>So if they aren't popping up normies are not interested.

So now you're blaming Snyder for the fact that casual readers only care about The Joker?
>>
>>89110077

Also, Bane was turned into a suicidal fuck that can't seem to kill himself because all his life has been a struggle without respite, so instead of just offing himself he decided to go the same way he lived his entire life: struggling against a monster that hopefully can finally kill him and set him free. Bane decided that the BAT should be that mondters. So they song and dance between them will only end with Bane's death by the BAT's hands.

It's like every character in King's run are find new and interesting ways to kill themselves. Someone should get King some therapeutic help. The man is signalling that he isn't well.
>>
>>89110145
If Snyder hadnt only used him for half a decade they might not have gotten used to him constantly popping up.
>>
>>89110190

Alfred's also suicidal after all the PTSD he gained from his time as a soldier for the Queen, so he decided to metaphorically end his life by sentencing his life to serve any and all wishes master Bruce might have. Only this way can he pay for all the horrors he did in the name of the crown.
>>
>>89110116
>DC canceled the second Breyfogle collection
Wait is this true? I just thought they were taking a long time to print it; Vol 1 didn't come out *that* long ago.
>>
>>89110100
if you find slow, lingering death funny, sure.
>>
>>89105917
Where the preview for the next issue.
And why are batcatfags upset. Mad cause Bruce didnt propose by cutting it in his flesh?
>>
>>89110363

Because Catwoman killed tons of terrorists, will be put away for a long time, has been reduced into a depressed suicidal woman to better fit Batman when she's supposed to draw him out of his funk not join him and because the Cat thing is annoying as hell. She's not a furry.
>>
>>89110413
Spoken like a true faggot who isnt reading the book.

Batman has blatantly said she is lieing.
>>
>>89110363
>>89085295
>>
>>89110413
But they fucked shouldnt they be happy.
>>
Well, it's bad. And not bad in the sense of "it's actually shit but the casual public eats it up anyway" like a good part of Snyder's run, but bad in the sense that practically everyone dislikes it.

King went from writing some of the best capeshit on the market to this. It's weird.
>>
Why are there so many Batman books?
>>
>>89110452

He only says that because to him death is something of a choice, because he's suicidal, and thinks that Catwoman believes in the same bullshit. He can't fathom that his suicidal friend killed someone when she's supposed to know better that death is something a person out to opt to. It's a dumb belief that he thinks Catwoman shares, but he isn't factoring that the orphanage was something big for her and that in her grief she latched out.
>>
>>89110535
Youre a fucking idiot. He says shes lieing and she says he can't prove it.

My god you are dumb.
>>
Batman is one of 3 DC titles on my pull list currently, I'm happy that King isn't just trying to be Snyder lite, this is the first time I've genuinely enjoyed Batman ever since the first issue of New 52. Sad that all that people want are stories with ambiguous endings, more Harper Row and Duke, and Joker wank.

King is too good for you Batfags, far too good.
>>
>>89110634

You're the dumb one.

Batman doesn't have any proof that she didn't killed them and Catwoman's constantly admitting that she did.

The reason he gave for why he can't believe in this, which was shown during the 'I AM BANE' arc, is the whole suicide mantra thing. That Cat would never take a life because like him she knows that death is a choice.

So Batman has no proof that she didn't kill them, doesn't know how to prove her innocence and the only reason he gave for not believing in her is the whole suicidal spiel.

Go reread the goddamn comic and you'll see that i'm write. If you want i can even post the goddamn page.
>>
>>89110528
Supply and demand.
>>
>>89110077
he never tried to kill himself

>reducing BatCat into two suicidal fucks that are only together because they are able fuck their depression away
how the hell did you get to that conclusion?

>the CAT killed 200 and something terrorists by name, but the BAT don't believe her because death is a choice and not something you impose on others and he knows that the CAT as someone who regards suicide as something important believes in this also
>turning Catwoman into a murderer and Batman into a crazy guy who romantizes suicide
Christ i know you people dont actually read comics but its been stated about three times so far that she didnt actually do it.
>>
>>89110719
>I'm write
>write
>Can't even grasp the basic concept that she is lying even though it is blatantly spelled out

Seriously dude just stop posting. You are brain dead. King said in an interview that of course she didn't do it and he wanted the readers to feel as shocked and conflicted as Batman did when he first thought she did.

I honestly can't believe there are people as dumb as you but I guess Trump is the President of your awful country.
>>
>>89110755
The only person who states she didn't do it is Batman, who is not an infallible narrator.
>>
File: IMG_1080.jpg (99KB, 400x635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1080.jpg
99KB, 400x635px
>>89110803
>Batman the world's greatest detective says she didn't do it

>NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE

Seriously dude your hate boner is embarrassing.
>>
>>89110803
>worlds greatest detective
cmon bro
>>
>Batman is great again
>/co/ hates it

it's almost like they just the flagship regardless!
>>
>>89110719
>>89110790

The only person that states Catwoman is lying about killing the terrorists is Batman and the reason for this is because of pic related.

You can read it all you want. He doesn't distrust her words out of facts or even because he knows her really well, but because of the whole romantization of suicide bullshit.
>>
>>89110834
>>89110837

Too bad Batman doesn't know if she did it or not.
>>
>>89110834
>>89110837
Batman's been wrong before.
You'd think the world's greatest detective would definitively know who killed those people, but no, it's clearly not a high priority for him.
>>
>>89110834
>Batman the world's greatest detective says she didn't do it

But that's Ralph Dibny.
>>
>>89110867
It's just a bunch of children and uneducated people that don't enjoy it. I bet they also couldn't understand Pax.
>>
>>89110755

>he never tried to kill himself

He did, though. He was going to kill himself because he couldn't deal with all the pain he was feeling, but before cutting his wrists he prayed to god for an answer or anything, really. When he realized that there was no god and he was utterly alone he had an epiphany that it wasn't just him in that situation, but all of Gotham. They're all hurting and alone praying for a greater power, but there was no one there for them. That's when he decided to "kill" Bruce Wayne and become the "Bat".

Seriously, do you guys even read the run you're all defending so much?

>how the hell did you get to that conclusion?

Because Batman himself said so. He said that what drove the attraction between them was because they could see the pain in each other's eye, see that they were dead inside in each other's eye and that any time they're together kissing or fucking the pain goes away.

Like, HAVE YOU GUYS EVEN READ KING'S RUN?

>Christ i know you people dont actually read comics

Funny, i should say that.
>>
>>89110837
Really wish Snyder would have remember this title when filming bvs...
>>
>>89110656
>durrr I'm better than the established fanbase because I hate things that no one actually wants
You're an idiot.
>>
>>89110922
>if you don't like what I like you're a stupid child!!
Christ, Kingfags are embarrassing.
>>
Here's what Tom King reduced the great BatCat relationship to: two dead people fucking their depression away.

Seriously, Catwoman is not supposed to be Batman's mirror. She's someone that challenges his world-views and makes him hope for more, even if he can't commit to it. She's not there to reinforce his retarded beliefs and rules.
>>
>>89111106
But muh symbolism.
>>
>>89105917
This is monkey paw shit. /co/ creamed it about King on Vision and Omega Men and we get this.
Its been pretty fucking bad but Bruce's whole 'you didnt do it cuz my heart says so' is fucking retarded.
>>
>>89110977
cutting your wrists doesn't mean you want to kill yourself, plenty do it as it helps people through grief.

>He said that what drove the attraction between them was because they could see the pain in each other's eye, see that they were dead inside in each other's eye and that any time they're together kissing or fucking the pain goes away.
He was flirting you goof. Try talking to girls more.
>>
>>89111059
I guess so, I'm just happy that I was smart enough to drop Synder-Batman after CoO, the ending told me that he'd shut the bed in every arc that he wrote and guess what? He did.

I couldn't really give two shits about what the batman fan base thinks, they're rank up their with some of the worst, blindly following along to support shit they hate. I'm not smart, no sir, but I am wise enough to recognize Synder-Bats for what it was: Baby's first Batman story.

At least King doesn't need to be carried by the artwork to make his Batman enjoyable.
>>
>>89111158
They are too autistic dude. They are triggered as fuck he had sex.
>>
>>89111158

>He was flirting you goof

Through a letter sent to a death-roll inmate?

And what kind of girls are you dating where something like that works as a hookup line? A Hot Topic's store?
>>
>>89111201
this is batman were talkign about mate
>>
>>89111158
Thats not fucking flirting. Thats an unhealthy relationship. Creating a cage around both of you to heal something that wont ve healed. Your SO should not be your therapist.
>>
>>89111237
>Thats not fucking flirting.
thats exactly what it was
>>
>>89111237
Landwhale you don't know what flirting is. You are not allowed to speak creature.
>>
>>89110656
>anyone who dislikes King's run must be a Snyder fanboy

Is it so hard to imagine that they're both bad?
>>
>>89111098
I mean, considering King used a classic narrative technique of speaking through the main character via journal entries to convey a point directly to the audience and there are people ITT still not accepting it, it seems that it holds true.
>>
>>89110834
World's "greatest detectives" don't just know shit through some omniscience granted by being the greatest detective. The only thing he has to go on is "You didn't do it because I feel like that would be out of character for you." He doesn't have a single shred of evidence.

Regardless of whether she actually did it, the whole red herring is just stupid and annoying.
>>
>>89111444
Double trips confirm, /co/ is just not smart enough for Kingbats.
>>
>>89106578
>this run has been incredibly disappointing.
No, that's called a personal opinion.
>>
>>89106788
Nigga Shakespeare is for plebs.
>>
>>89111444
Batman's journal reveals that HE THINKS that she didn't do it, and his reason for believing that is a hunch at best. Do you think that Batman read the script or something?
>>
>Catwoman: Bat, kissus...
>Batman: Not now, Cat
>Catwoman: But the pain, Bat, our eternal anguish...
>Batman: I know, Cat, but not now. Soon.

This is bullshit. Catwoman had some issues, since she grew up in a world that never gave her anything and where people never accepted her, only tried to exploit her, and so she had to learn early and quickly to fence for whatever she wants in life, but despite her feelings of isolation and self-loathing she was never a depressed mess who entertained ideas of suicide. In her world you don't have time to deal on depression, because you've to defend and feed yourself. She was always a go-getter who enjoys the fine things life has to offer and that she was able to take for herself.

This new take where she's in a perpetual existential pain and thus needs to become someone else to escape life a goddamn furry is pure bullshit. Specially reducing BatCat into this mess where they hug each other desperately to alleviate their pains.
>>
>>89110077
Jesus, first thing to note and you already outed yourself as a dumbass who doesn't pay attention to what he reads.
>>
>>89110413
>Catwoman killed a ton of terrorists.
So she's a full blown hero now?
>>
File: 1464119666294.jpg (75KB, 600x571px) Image search: [Google]
1464119666294.jpg
75KB, 600x571px
>>89111488
Dubs confirm. Are memes on CIA's side? We'll keep you posted.
>>
>>89111572

Bruce did indeed cut himself to escape pain and was going to kill himself before asking God "WHY!?? WHY!!!" before realizing he wasn't the only poor soul of Gotham and that like him they needed someone to watch over them and alleviate them of their pain.
>>
>>89111543
I have become convinced DC, as a whole, wants to kill Batman/Catwoman. There are a lot of parts moving right now in multiple media that show they're going to fuck it over.

--Zatanna inexplicably being nearly a main character in Justice League Action, with Catwoman nowhere in sight
--Giving Bruce Timm the green light to shove Bruce/Barbara shipping into his TKJ adaptation
--More Bruce/Barbara shipping, even as a joke, in Lego Batman
--King's ongoing character assassination of Selena

It all feels like a coordinated effort.
>>
>>89111632
Dan Didio tried to sleep with Michelle Pfeiffer but she rejected him. This is his revenge
>>
>>89111632

Not to mention the DCEU going hard with Wonderbat and Catwoman being jailed in the comics for a long time. It's as if editors were putting Catwoman into the freezer right now to see what's going to be done with her in future movies before deciding to use her again in comics.

Like "Hey, let's put Catwoman a way for a bit to see what the movie guys are planning for Batman. If they follow with BatCat, we bring her back, if not, we do something else with him for synergy and leave Catwoman away for the time being".
>>
>>89110867
I'm pretty sure most these types of thread are created and sustained by a group of shitposters. They're very formulaic in trying to create anti-king sentiment. Case in point >>89111098 where they call anyone who disagress with them a "kingfag" or how they list things and call them OOC or terrible wriitng but they don't ever explain why.
>>
>>89111632

>--Zatanna inexplicably being nearly a main character in Justice League Action, with Catwoman nowhere in sight

Don't forget to mention that the episodes she has been are all linked to Batman. Superman and Wonder Woman shared a lot of episodes before the one that paired them as an item. I wouldn't be surprised if we had a dating episode with Batman and Zatanna.
>>
>>89111743
>Everyone who disagrees with me is a shitposter!

Also just because you didn't read the numerous threads of people explaining why the shit King pulls is insanely OoC doesn't mean they didn't happen. People get tired of posting the same thing over and over again.
>>
>>89111743

King's portrayal of Batman is one that some people don't like and you just have to deal with it. You might enjoyed it, but there are people out there that hate the idea of Bruce thinking that the Batman is his entire being and that everything else is a mask or something he had done away a long time ago.
>>
>>89111689
Ludicrous. No woman would turn down Didio.
>>
>>89111779
God willing, we'll get the Batman-Zatanna-Constantine love triangle that should ALWAYS have happened. I mean it, that should have happened at some point.
>>
>>89111743
>Kingfags can't handle the bantz
>>
>>89111825

Fuck, no. I remember when Azzarello tried to turn that rich BDSM dude from his Hellblazer's run into Bruce Wayne and the editors told him that he couldn't show Batman as Constantine's crazy sadomasochist gay lover.
>>
>>89111632
Well, at least King's character assassination is probably unintentional. He's gushing about Catwoman and BatCat in his interviews and is supposedly having Catwoman as the co-lead. His writing for all of these things is just less than ideal.
>>
>>89111952
Well obviously we wouldn't be making either of the men gay, just competing over Zee.

Constantine is at his best when he's desperate and has to scramble a bit. What could be more desperate than having to compete for a woman with The Goddamned Batman?
>>
File: 1irsz7sg2j7y.png (583KB, 595x595px) Image search: [Google]
1irsz7sg2j7y.png
583KB, 595x595px
>>89111825

Fuck off Zatannafag. Batcat will always be the OTP.
>>
File: 1478683916787.jpg (1MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
1478683916787.jpg
1MB, 1988x3056px
maybe you niggers can pick up better books that need sales while you're doing this? Or is that too much to ask for
>>
>>89112546

Wait. So he's Goku now?
>>
>>89112571
it's homage to an old superman cover
>>
>>89112128
Don't talk about "Constantine at his best" you fucking shipper. You obviously don't know shit.
>>
>>89112128
Constantine is at his best when you can pretend he's not in the rest of the DC universe.
>>
File: action454.jpg (1MB, 1006x1552px) Image search: [Google]
action454.jpg
1MB, 1006x1552px
>>89112571
>>
>>89112615
Well it's too late for that, now isn't it?
>>
>>89112267
Your ship is trash and is about to be nuked off the face of the Earth.
>>
>>89111743
this is pathetic, the run just isn't good, it's not some fucking conspiracy you goof
>>
>>89112975

if i ever saw arguments against it that were coherent i'd believe you
>>
>>89112992
as opposed to posts like this >>89106184
right?
>>
>>89111812

people are acting like it's objectively shit instead of a take they don't like is my problem. There are a million takes on Batman, if you don't like Kings read another book or wait a few months.
>>
>>89113041
>every complaint has to be preceded by "well in my opinion"

fuck off
Thread posts: 128
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.