[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /co/ I just got done reading this and it was really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

Alright /co/ I just got done reading this and it was really . . great.
After reading the Latest issue of Nova I wanted to see what was this Annihilation stuff, what was it that "They Remember" and honestly, it seems Rich deserves every respect he can get. It really annoyed me when he returned to Earth and shit that happened to him. It also annoys me that he's now forgotten hero in eyes of many in current marvel as well.

As a casual biggest surprise to me was why does peter has cybernetic eye and just a dry dude. I also enjoyed Ronan and Super Skrull.

I need further recommendation on reading though. Up until now I was following this guide http://i.imgur.com/N7OXfyI.jpg but recently found http://i.imgur.com/xlUQQyt.png
Seems like alot of other shit was also happening during Annihilation and Rise and Fall of Shi'iar also sounds interesting to read. Same with Planet Hulk.
>>
>>89102817
Well you could continue on the Cosmic train and move on to Annihilation Conquest (which will explain where Quill got his cyborg implants and why he's in jail prior to Annihilation.)

As for that second chart, you DEFINITELY don't need to read everything on it if you're mainly interested in the Cosmic stuff relevant to Nova. I haven't read Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar so I can't vouch for it, but I like Planet Hulk (World War Hulk, the followup, less so.)
>>
File: 1486783-nova_vs_ironman_02.jpg (1MB, 1280x1968px) Image search: [Google]
1486783-nova_vs_ironman_02.jpg
1MB, 1280x1968px
>>89102817
>As a casual biggest surprise to me was why does peter has cybernetic eye and just a dry dude.
That was a surprise to just about everybody. He wasn't like that before, it was introduced by the event.

And anyway, they don't remember on Earth because they were fucking idiots too busy with their Civil War nonsense to notice trillions died in space, even though Reed should have known through Super Skrull.
>>
>>89102857
I won't really be reading all of it, but only titles that do interest me. What about secret invasion? The first chart had it missing, was it a bad event? It does go into War of Kings.

I'll most likely read Conquest but I think I'll try out some Planet/World War Hulk beforehand.

>>89102874
>That was a surprise to just about everybody
Oh. I just once read on /co/ how Peter was Dry wit humor guy before so thought maybe this is how he usually was.

Also reading through it is the cause of Annihilation, Reed? Since Annihilus says how this universe is bleeding into his negative zone, while Reed /Earth are making Negative Zone prison during Civil war it seems likely.
>>
>>89102874
Fuck I hate tony. What a cunt
>>
>>89102937
Secret Invasion is pretty meh in my opinion. Not one of Marvel's better events, definitely not the worst.

And the cause of Annihilation wasn't JUST Reed. Like Annihilus said, the expansion of the main universe and the shrinkage of the Negative Zone was the main problem, though the Negative Zone prison did help piss him off more. You'll get to see more of it later.
>>
>>89102874
>That was a surprise to just about everybody. He wasn't like that before, it was introduced by the event.

Did NOBODY read the Thanos series?
>>
>>89102874
Pretty sure he was like that since that series where Thanos went to a giant space prison and met him and Gladiator there.
>>
>>89103280
What was the point of Thanos series anyway?
It started out like he wanted to do good things or atleast go out on soul-searching but at start of Annihilation he was just like, "Lol for sake of curiosity"

Though him going "Denied" looked badass.
>>
>>89102817
>>89102937
Don't read Rise and Fall of the Shi'ar and Secret Invasion, they are very bad stories, especially Secret Invasion.
>>
>>89103336
Thank you anon. So I'll just read Planet Hulk then into Annihilation Conquest.
>>
>>89103312
>It started out like he wanted to do good things or atleast go out on soul-searching
So basically, it was another Thanos ongoing series written by Starlin.

>but at start of Annihilation he was just like, "Lol for sake of curiosity"
That would be because the latter half of the Thanos series was written by Giffen, who later wrote Annihilation. Given that Annihilation later had a few bits that were introduced in the last arc (including the prison, which was where the Annihilation Wave first came from, and the first appearance of Star-Lord in decades), it suggests that it was basically set-up for Annihilation.
>>
>>89102817
>>89102874

Yeah, the 3 strips where he returned to earth were exasperating.

>Tony: "Oh so there was a war in outer space? Trillions died? Thanos? Galactus? Annihilus? Fascinating. Hey you know what? You should register."
>Police on his case after a villain attacked him
>Thunderbolts "Lol unregistered hero = villain, we iz cops an shit"
>Daddy "wtf you were fighting Thunderbolts they are gud gaiz"

Shitty-ass homecoming, tbqh

Civil War a shit
>>
Read Annihilation: Conquest and the Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy comics.
>>
>>89102817
I took the "they remember" thing as not just him killing Annihilus, but everything else he did.
Rich discovered Knowhere and saved it's inhabitants during Conquest. Plus he was one of the biggest factors during Thanos Imperative.
>>
>>89103378
>and the first appearance of Star-Lord in decades

Sorta. Timothy Zahna did that miniseries in the late nineties with a different guy. Then Quill had a very minor role in Universe X in 2000. And in Inhumans v3 Jason of Sparta appeared in 616 along with a vision depicting the future Star-Lord. I believe timeline errors preclude it from counting anymore though.

So yeah he was already kinda getting attention again but Giffen's is the only one that had any ongoing success.
>>
>>89105565
>Timothy Zahna did that miniseries in the late nineties with a different guy.
Fuck, the Star-Lord trade actually HAS that guy in it, how did I forget it?
>>
>>89104822
Tony Stark being a piece of shit isnt new in any continuity.
>>
>>89103336
This

>>89102817
There's also a nice Drax mini that leads into the Annihilation prologue. Not cosmic, but nice, and it's where Cammi was introduced.
>>
>>89105942
>aliens taking hostages in a small town after their spaceship crashes to earth
>not cosmic
>>
>>89102937
Nah, that's how Peter was for all of DnA's run after Annihilation as well. Bendis changed his characterization and then changed it again to fall in line with the movie.
Also, that's just the nature of the Negative Zone. Whereas our universe is constantly expanding, their's is constantly shrinking because of it. Hence why he invaded our universe which is "stealing" his space.
>>
Will there ever be an event that top Annihilation?
>>
>>89105227
Not too mention all the shit he did post Annihilation just flying around space as the lone Nova Corpsman handling one catastrophe after another.
>>
>>89106898
Well the whole thing mostly took place in that small town, so...

Just keeping the expectations down to earth.
>>
>>89107242
I'm sure Bendis will blow us all away with Annihilation 2
>>
>>89107280
Isn't Annihilation Conquest Annihilation 2?
>>
>>89107551
Yeah, but
>implying he would know that
>>
>>89108330
>Bendis: What if we do Annihilation 2... get this, this time, ULTRON IS TRYING TO CONQUER THE UNIVERSE!
>>
A question, /co/mrades

I know a few older cosmic Marvel books were, but has Annihilation been storytimed recently? As in, in the last year or so?

I'm sort of considering doing it myself, in celebration of the return of the real Nova.
>>
>>89105565
You know what's really odd? Due to Bendis fucking with Star-Lord's origin the 616 Peter Quill first appeared in Thanos #8, retconning Star-Lord's 70's and 80s stories as taking place in an alternate universe.
>>
>>89109431
I'm trying to think how he'd do it. Like who the hero and villain would be, and who would pointlessly die.
He loves pointlessly using Thanos and seems to like Doom. I figure he'd use one of them as them the villain.
He'd use one his pet characters as the hero. He probably still thinks Kitty Pryde has a place in space.
I'm sure his hate boner still points towards Richard.
>>
>>89109526
I'm pretty sure it has. I remember some guy doing all of it recently, and then I did the OS tie-in for GotG because I wanted everyone to share my pain.
>>
>>89102817
>boring ass generic villain
>Galactus kills the wave rendering all of the other characters efforts completely worthless
>Cammi
Why do people wank over this event?
>>
>>89110367
It's not high art but it's fun and concise and there's nothing really objectionable about it you know? Aside from maybe Death talking and Quasar dying like a bitch (but since he comes back later most people mind anymore). That's more than you can say for most events.

And the art is pretty good throughout, good sense of scale, really nice covers. It's a neat and accessible cosmic showcase. Even if it doesn't do much for you it shouldn't be hard to see why people like it. Though yea, there are some who exalt it a bit too much.
>>
I bought the collected volumes of Guardians of the galaxy by Abnett and Lanning. I want to read more but I don't know what's after the 2nd volume. I bought realm and war of kings but I don't know if there is something else in between those and the guardians volumes. Also I'm guessing the guardians volumes take place after annihilation.

Tldr version what is the order of cosmic marvel stories involving annihilation and what goes after/leads into it.
>>
>>89111716
Honestly if you're just trying to get through GOTG then it's Annihilation>Conquest>GOTG>Thanos Imperative. They don't do a whole lot in War of Kings IIRC.

Google cosmic marvel reading order and you should find a more comprehensive guide that includes Nova and all the War of Kings tie ins and stuff.
>>
>>89111829
Thanks for letting me know. I just have to now try to get the annihilation and conquest omnibus for a decent price.
>>
>>89111937
You will probably won't find the Annihilation omnibus for cheap (at least online) but the trades are easy enough to come by. Though if you go that route you should know that they don't include Giffen's Thanos which is sort of a prelude. I think it was collected as Samaritan.

Conquest omnibus should still be readily available. IST had it for 79 bucks or so last I checked.
>>
>>89102874
What's that page from? I've been looking for it for a while
>>
>>89112052
>You will probably won't find the Annihilation omnibus for cheap (at least online)
Tell me about it. I've been checking
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/2157202-upcoming-marvel-collected-editions
every few days for months now hoping for a reprint. Still nothing but it's how I found out about the War/Realm/Prelude of Kings omnibuse, which is nice.
>>
>>89112298
Nova #2 (2007).
>>
>>89112298
Nova Volume 4 issue 2.
>>
File: Civil_War_Fight.jpg (746KB, 2000x1265px) Image search: [Google]
Civil_War_Fight.jpg
746KB, 2000x1265px
>>89103185
The mere fact that he thought fighting alongside fucking Bullseye (you know, the assassin serial killer) was totes cool makes me automatically disregard every attempt to make his side "right" in Civil War.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.