[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What fucking answers, /co/? > we don't know shit about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 23

File: tumblr_oijih7YgQQ1sxhdxso1_1280.png (1MB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oijih7YgQQ1sxhdxso1_1280.png
1MB, 1080x1080px
What fucking answers, /co/?
> we don't know shit about pink diamond
> we don't know shit about the cluster
> we still didn't go to homeworld
> we didn't even get a different rose quartz
When is Rebecca going to admit she derailed her own show a la adventure time?
>>
>>89094973
The show really is about the people of Beach City.
>>
>>89094973
>> we don't know shit about pink diamond
we learn she had a zoo
>> we don't know shit about the cluster
the cluster is gone bro
>> we still didn't go to homeworld
we saw a gem outpost
>> we didn't even get a different rose quartz
we saw more amys and other quartz
>>
File: 1473549335100.png (682KB, 760x868px) Image search: [Google]
1473549335100.png
682KB, 760x868px
WHEN IS JASPER COMING BACK
>>
>>89094973
>implying AT isn't more honest than SU
adventure time never implied that the deepest lore shit was the main point of the show but steven universe has and then has 15 filler episodes in a row.
>>
>>89094973
>we didn't even get a different rose quartz

We did though. There were like hundreds of rose quartz in that room.
>>
>>89094973
> we don't know shit about pink diamond
She was loved by her fellow Diamonds to the point where 5000 years later they're still mourning her and preserving her legacy
We know that the Diamonds and Homeworld are still expecting the Cluster to emerge any minute now. And are planning to kidnap more humans for their zoo soon
The Crystal Gems used the Roaming Eye for the first time, showing that they are fully capable of going to Homeworld in the future
We saw what happened to the rest of them and now we know why we probably won't see another Rose Quartz
>>
>>89095063
AT going into the deepest lore shit is what ruined it. They should have kept peppering lore throughout the series instead of just throwing shit in for the sake of having it. I mean just look at betty, she was already compelling but they ruined her. and remember when finn was the only human?
>>
>>89095011
she did tho
>>
>>89095090
But they just left them in the room, not even a passing thought to maybe grab one out of morbid curiosity.
> b-but there's only one rose quartz and steven and greg would never tarnish her memory by nabbing a replacement
I remember when SU wasn't afraid to get dark and the Stevenbombs would be better if the crewniverse added more fuckshit like they used to. Instead I had to watch a shitty episode that was basicially ripped from bee and puppycat and see a bunch of frat bro Amethysts.
>>
File: IMG_0167.jpg (126KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0167.jpg
126KB, 1920x1080px
>>89094973
Not this shit again.
>>
Fuck off back to trash.
>>
>>89095273
Why are you getting mad at me? I just told you want happened.

>fuckshit

I don't even know what this means. I think being on 4chan so long has started to affect your thinking.
>>
Steven wanted to know more about Pink Diamond

He got it via Yellow and Blue singing in the room

Now its time to get back to the status quo
>>
>white diamond has never been mentioned by name, we only know she exists because of the murals
>>
>>89095623
Not a big deal. Pink Diamond wasn't name dropped until the end of S3.
>>
>>89095566
Fuckshit:
> fusing into your friend's wife because he doesn't watch to watch tv with you anymore
> telling a boy that he doesn't know jack shit about his dead mom
> calling your adopted son his mom's name
> fusing with your oneitis because you're trying to rustle her boyfriend's jimmies
> stealing a diamond communicator
> telling your friends son to shoot you in the gem
etc. No more fucking garnet lesbo shit, and no more shipping. it's time for a crystal gem to do some more fucked up shit, preferably on homeworld.
>>
>>89095273
yeah grad one that was next to two diamonds, and its implied those Roses are still loyal to Pink Diamond

I don't think the Amis or betas will join the CG either I don't know they even knew break away gems might be more common than you think

Maybe if Jasper reforms the Pink Court to "carry out Pink's memory" or some shit
>>
>>89096117
>No more fucking garnet lesbo shit, and no more shipping
This wasn't even present in this last bomb
>>
>>89095743
yeah most likely either the CG hoping to stop yellow and Blue to call White or Yellow and Blue call her to talk about shit

White is probably a near emotionless robot with a nerdy scientific curiosity side
>>
>>89094973
b-b-but, muh deep lore, OP. Muh most sophisticated cartoon on air with top tier animation and storytelling.
>>
>>89096271
Nice projection.
>>
>>89095134
>we probably won't see another Rose Quartz

Actually, I've been thinking about that.

Peridot's cut is 5XG. Amethyst's cut is 8XM, and she introduced 8XL, 8XJ, and 8XG. Gems are obviously made in batches of cuts. In the bubble room, Yellow Diamond specifically stated that Rose Quartz's CUT deserved the same fate.

It's entirely possible that there are other Rose Quartzes of different cuts out there. It's just Crystal Gem Rose's batch that was recalled.
>>
>>89094973
Blame Cartoon Network. They're in charge of the promotion, not the crewniverse.
>>
File: 1470353716315.jpg (92KB, 650x866px) Image search: [Google]
1470353716315.jpg
92KB, 650x866px
>>89094973
>we don't know shit about pink diamond
If you haven't picked up any info on PD out of every time she has been talked about then you are just utterly stupid
>we don't know shit about the cluster
There were at least a dozen episodes that explored the cluster.
It isn't anyone's fault you are retarded
Homeworld is endgame. We did see however, two Diamonds, over 10 new differentgems and a human zoo.
>we didn't even get a different rose quartz
It was mentioned the other rose quartz' are quarantined

How's life with ADHD and retardation treating you?
>>
>>89096441
I'm willing to bet those are the first and last Batch of Rose Quartzes

They mention Homeworld lacked as many healer (although it wouldn't be shocking theirs other healing gems just not as good or common)
>>
>>89095011
JASPER IS FUCKING DEAD!
>>
>>89097019
It's weird that Homeworld forces weren't aware that Rose was a healer.

Does that mean not all the Rose Quartzi have healing powers? Or are they rare and Eyeball just hadn't met one before the war and they've all been bubbled since.

Was Rose a better healer than the rest of her cut? It was based on her tears, so maybe it depends on their empathy and ability to share the pain and suffering of their enemies.
>>
>>89097300
Like I said Rose Quatzi were a new Line CG Rose might even be the first

so it wouldn't be shocking that Homeworld forces for outside of Earth had zero clue what they were

and I wouldn't be shock if Homeworld does have other healers say a gem that can make glue and repair cracks but they still leave "scars" and other flaws while a Rose Quatz is a perfect heal
>>
File: volleyball game.png (349KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
volleyball game.png
349KB, 540x960px
>>89095011
They're already treating her like a regular member of the cast (see also the SDCC posters) so probably soon. Let's just hope she isn't turned into a complete meme though.
>>
When is Peridot going to fuse with Steven, Lapis or Amethyst?
>>
File: 1459289475698.gif (598KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1459289475698.gif
598KB, 320x240px
>>89094973
>Actually expecting the bomb to answer the big questions floating about right now.
>Buying into the hype.
Are you like 12?
>>
>>89097687
when you stop touching yourself
>>
>>89094973
What if the rebellion was a false flag operation caused by Pink Diamond to fake her death so she can escape the responsibilities of the Diamond Authority and hide out on a planet that isnt in gem territory?
>>
File: 1457113670022.gif (4MB, 443x250px) Image search: [Google]
1457113670022.gif
4MB, 443x250px
>>89096510
>>
>>89097775
I don't think the Rebellion was a false flag operation but I do think there's a good chance PD might still be alive.
>>
Pink Diamond fused with Rose
>>
what if steven is actually rose diamond's baby
>>
There is nothing wrong it the story, it was a great self-contained little arc introducing a lot of significant stuff like Steven actually demanding answers for the first time, realizing he is still a 14 year old bitch boi who cries for daddy and fighting a WAR is not always fun and games, Greg getting involved in ayylmao shit, the diamonds getting developed(YDs outburst at peridiot finally makes sense) and that they are coming back soon.

But the real fuckup is with the 11 minute format and erratic airing. I have literally never seen anything constrained by them as SU. A slow-paced story becomes jerky and random at this glacial pace. Why cant they just air a single new episode every week? Why cant they make 22min episodes? The Bismuth one worked out fookin mint.

Whatever, carry on with the shitposting.
>>
File: 1472773433834.jpg (164KB, 1280x1237px) Image search: [Google]
1472773433834.jpg
164KB, 1280x1237px
>>89096510
I came here to post this
>>
>>89097494

The CGs were fucking huge on growing and developing new powers. The whole "freedom" thing. Thats how some made to order servant became a terrifying renegade pearl whos also a good mechanic, how peridot turned out to be a metalbender and a foot soldier and a seer merged into a nigger.
>>
>>89097862
It actually explains how the CG managed to win, Pink Diamond was the one that manipulated Rose into forming the CGs to start the rebellion, she then used her Diamond status to make Rose look completely insane for suggesting the Rebellion was her idea while laughing as her own sisters bite the bait. She intentionally fucked over her own soldiers just to give her own engineered opposition a fighting chance, then for the creme de creme she fought against Rose and then faked her own death.

Once this was done she escaped to an uncharted planet somewhere in this galaxy doing whatever the fuck she wanted. Since the CG had done their job Pink no longer gave a shit what happened to them after her plan was done.
>>
>we don't even hear any characters, even characters who idolize the diamonds like Agate mention white diamond let alone see her
>White diamond is clearly both the most powerful and the most secretive
>pink/yellow/blue diamond's colour significance
>implying white diamond isn't a fusion and her absence isn't the result of Pink's death
>implying that's not half the reason why fusion is forbidden, the authority secretly using it when the populace may not is one of the ways they stay the strongest and most dominant
>>
>>89094973
Bullshit, we saw an entire room full if Rose Quartzes.
>>
>>89097979
Fusion isn't forbidden, just cross type fusion.
>>
>>89097019

Possible, but I don't think YD would have specified that the entire cut deserved the same fate if there was only one cut to begin with.
>>
>>89097888
yeah the show needs to be 22min episodes maybe go digital and use the software Pokemon currently uses (i forgot the name but I'm told its amazing) to make up for the budget

I don't mind the airing really

>>89097862
No shes dead and she was forced to fight Rose and destroy the planet for loved for the good of her gems because she was a leader, her feelings don't matter

That's the true feels of homeworld EVERYONE is stuck in the system force to do there role
>>
>>89098019
cross type fusion is clearly more fruitful than ordinary fusion though.
>>
>>89094973
>Time for answers
Steven Universe is getting axed, isn't it?

>>89095011
Centipeedle came back and look what happened. Gone forever.
>>
File: tmIlIG0.png (44KB, 354x309px) Image search: [Google]
tmIlIG0.png
44KB, 354x309px
>>89097979
>pink/yellow/blue
but anon, C+M+Y = K

black diamond confirmed
>>
>>89096501
Huh? Funnel off the drugs. Promotions have nothing to do with it.

Sugar and the Crewniverse are in charge of writing and boarding. OP is talking about the actual five episodes.
>>
>>89098066

They will come back. Eventually. Look how much time it took for Peedle to come back after the very first episode.
>>
>>89098069
Wouldn't it make more sense for her to be either onyx or obsidian instead (even acknowledging black diamonds do exist)
>>
What the fuck? Did they have a new episode? Why isn't there a thread?
>>
Kiss only has up to s4 ep 10. Anyone know where I can stream the rest?
>>
>>89097775

>"Man, I really don't want to have responsibility and shit."
>"I know! I'll start a war that causes the deaths of millions of innocent gems, humans, and other life forms. Then, I'll fake my own death and live out the rest of eternity in luxury."
>"Plus, it'll probably make my sisters who love and cherish me dearly sink into crippling depression and/or block themselves off from all emotion in an unhealthy display that will eventually manifest itself in horrifying ways!"
>"This is gonna be so boss. I'm such a genius."

I gotta admit, Anon. You totally cracked this case wide open. I'm giving you a promotion.
>>
>>89097641
>Let's just hope she isn't turned into a complete meme though
Come on, anon. Let's not deceive ourselves, she'll get turned into a meme like Peridot after they humanize her.
>>
>>89098105
It was aired via app last week

Nobody knows what to do, so might as well stay in the containment board after everything was discussed
>>
>>89098041

It's also more unstable, more unpredictable, and more dangerous. When two or more of the same gem fuse, you just get a bigger version of those gems. When different gems fuse, you could end up with someone like Sugilite or Malachite.
>>
>>89098141
Wow. What a stupid fucking marketing decision.

But the episode did air, technically. There should be a thread on /co/.
>>
>>89097963
I have been saying this for weeks.
With one change. Rose bubbled her but never freed her because she could not tell the CG they had been dying for a lie and could not show PD that her babies got nuked.
>>
>>89098125
>Blue Diamond the one who runs administration
>Little sister dies
>So depressed she negates her court
>Homeworld as a result is falling apart
>Era 2 gems are force to not have basic abilities
>Former Pink Court gems and Earth Gems are treated as shit for being seen as rebels and failures
>White most likely Made the Cluster in trying to bring back Pink
>Yellow turns into a tyrant
>Lol Pink faked her dead

>>89098137
To be fair the key memer Zuke is gone
>>
>>89098125
The best plot twist would be that Pink Diamond is the most evil of the four diamonds.

Also anon shes a diamond shes doesnt give a flying fuck about gem lives.
>>
>>89097979
>not even the other diamonds speak of white diamond
>we've seen no white court gems
Sure, I'd believe this, if all the murals and everything else didn't paint her as an equal to the other 3.
>>
>>89098258
nah most likey she was a little shit and immature Punk who blue didn't like that much

but really wanted to be a good ruler
>>
>>89098243
Garnet:So Rose why did you kill Pink Diamond anyway
Rose:Well you see its a long story but you could say I was just following orders.
Garnet:What orders?
Rose:My orders to protect this planet that I care about yes I care about this planet so much hahahaha.
Garnet:Thats wonderful
Rose(quietly):Stupid fool
>>
File: PunkDiamond.png (62KB, 1327x2455px) Image search: [Google]
PunkDiamond.png
62KB, 1327x2455px
WHEN WILL SHE RETURN!?
>>
>>89094973

Are you intentionally being dense or something, because we learned a ton.

>we don't know shit about pink diamond

She had a zoo, seemingly cared for humans to some extent, was beloved by her "sisters", and had ownership of only a single planet (implied in that mural, but this is the first time we've gotten direct confirmation).

What else is there to know? It's a currently inactive geo-weapon in the Earth. Did you want backstory of every single shard or something?

We went to a homeworld controlled zoo. You don't blow your load on the final dungeon/boss mid-way into the story.

Because they were taken out of commission after our Rose Quartz's rebellion. What purpose would showing another serve, other than traumatizing the main characters?
>>
>>89098339
Random Gem:Oh no Pink Diamond's down
Pink Diamond:You will destroy me dont me laugh a little quartz like you should know when to give up
Rose:This is what you wanted after all
Pink Diamond:Hmph if you say so but know this you will die if you destroy me, surrender and I may show mercy on you.
Rose:Thats not parrt of the plan
Pink Diamond:Then do it already coward KILL ME!
Rose(smiling):Yes.....my diamond
*kills Pink Diamond*
Rose(quietly):Mission accomphished.
>>
>>89098305
I think she was more compassionate and wanted to preserve Earth after being horrified by the plans Blue and Yellow presented her. So she tried to scare them off by having Rose go rogue.
But her sisters took it personal and it escalated from scare tactics to war to genocide.
And in the end it will be because PD didn't stand up for herself and lied to her sisters. Because that is what SU is ultimately about.
And they make peace after talking PD into fessing up. Except it's gonna be a huge deal and well told with tons of Diamond bluster and Steven chewing her out good.
>>
>>89098406
*somewhere on Earth*
Rose:Oh how I wish I could escape this rock, my diamond why have you abandoned me? Please my diamond take me back let me serve you again, freedom is truely the worst thing possible for a gem any gem this is not right. I have dropped my character due to my eternal boredum and even lie with wild beast that once resided in your zoos I am disgrace to you my diamond, all that deserve is death I wish I could die but nothing on this world can kill me. I know you loved this planet my diamond but I dont see the value while I lie to my comrades of my true intentions. The Pearl does not know when to quit, the Garnet is an abomination that was just useful it sickens me to be around that thing all that time. We also found a defective Ameythst, I wanted to grind it into dust because without you my diamond it truely has no reason to exist. WHEREEVER YOU ARE PINK DIAMOND I MISS YOU!
>>
>>89098339
Lo and hark, my sole trusty Ruby guard with only one eye!
T'is the vile traitor Rose Quartz come with her fearsome sword to slay me! Thusly she must try and shatter me now that I am so vulnerable!
Argh! Foul fortunes, I am hit, am wounded, slain! Oh, my Ruby, I bed thee avenge your Diamond!
*poof*
>>
>>89098406
>>89098459
>>89098591

Didn't you get banned the last time you did this shit? I'm pretty sure you did. Please quit while you're ahead.
>>
>>89097775
>>89098244
Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond. Calling it Now.
>>
>>89098116
I don't know what you're talking about kisscartoon has up until ep 14
>>
>>89098364
if she was meant to return then they would have given her a name.
>>
>>89098364
Who gives a shit.
>>
>>89099155
I do.
>it's time for answers
And yet, not a goddamn answer regarding Mystery Girl. Seeing as she were so nonpulsed when Pearl told her of the Rebellion would be a great reveal if MG used to be apart of the Zoo and escaped somehow.
>>
>>89099367

One cam assume MG was part of Zukes forced shit and it got recut/axed after she was fired.
>>
>>89098014
Amethysts, anon. Wrong quartz.
>>
>>89100692

There was an entire room of bubbled RQs
>>
>>89098069
Actually, cmy on a light wheel is considered white, and k from cmyk is just printer speak for key, or black.

So it makes more sense for white diamond than black
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-03-10h49m13s889.png (440KB, 848x482px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-03-10h49m13s889.png
440KB, 848x482px
>>89095011
Never. We have a truckload of replacements.
>>
>>89099367
Or she's yet another Rose Quartz that did not get bubbled.
>>
>>89101696
they wouldn't
>>
Both Jaspers and Amythests look the same, but Rose looked nothing like them despite being a Quartz.
Was her form atypical of what Rose Quartz normally look like, or are they just different to Jaspers and Amythests?
>>
>>89101672
quick, someody post pics of skinny Jasp
>>
>>89095161
How about sticking to any of the subplots?
>>
>>89096510
Paid too much attention to the plot to realize you got attached to worst gem.
>>
Peridot > Pearl > Garnet > Saphire > Amythest > Ruby > Lapis > Jasper
>>
>>89095011
Hopefully never you man lusting fruit.
>>
File: Skinny Jasper 2.png (201KB, 1280x1643px) Image search: [Google]
Skinny Jasper 2.png
201KB, 1280x1643px
>>89101733
>>
>>89101871
Twink Jasper
>>
the song was shit
>>
>>89098364
HOPEFULLY NEVER
>>
File: 1473796431209.jpg (74KB, 700x514px) Image search: [Google]
1473796431209.jpg
74KB, 700x514px
>>89101871
thanks pal, Sure that version of her in pink bikini would be more desirable but high res original is bueno as well.
>>89101909
And I thought I was the only one with shit opinion.
>>
>>89101809
Peridot is a fucking meme.
Pearl is the best written and voiced character on the show, Amethyst is on her way to being redeemed, Garnet is so fucking boring, Lapis is too, Jasper is lolbubbled
>>
>>89098069
But gems are made of light, and light is additive. All light together is white.
>>
>>89101947
>Peridot is a fucking meme.
What does that even mean
>>
>>89101942
don't we all have shitty opinions
>>
>>89101978
meepmorps XD
>>
>>89100692
the room Blue Diamond was crying in, those bubbled gems were all Rose Quartz's

notice how they all look the same, and how Steven looks up at them, then looks at his own gem
>>
>>89101994
Really? Aliens using a funny made up word in a childrens comedy show is enough to trigger /co/?
>>
File: IMG_20170112_190103.jpg (400KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170112_190103.jpg
400KB, 1440x1080px
When will we know who was Pearl's owner?
>>
>>89102026
White Diamond.
>>
>>89102036
>owned by a diamond
what an asspull to make her that important
>>
>>89102026
never
>>
>>89102053
You know that shit would be lit if they do it right.
>>
>>89096235
I'm really hoping White Diamond is a tyrannical grandma
>>
>>89096235

I think no matter what we expect it will be dashed. How many of us expected Blue Diamond to be a sobbing emotional wreck about her sisters death?
>>
File: latest[1].png (114KB, 524x495px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
114KB, 524x495px
>>89097979
>>89098069

If this was the case then the Diamond insignia wouldn't look like this after PD got shattered.

Black Diamond is Yellow+Blue+White.
>>
>>89096510
Nothing got resolved and you know it, it only raised more fucking questions.
> still don't know how/why PD was kill
> they keep talking about the cluster so that makes a person think that it isn't resolved
> fuck that, we're 4 seasons in deep, I'm not trying to go to homeworld for 11 minutes in season 9
> but why not show us another fucking rose quartz, wasted potential as Steven could see something that looks like his mom but isn't
Basically, you're a faggot.
>>
>>89095007
Cluster is bubbled. We saw the zoo, and we did see the room where apparently the rest of the rose quartz line resides. We know that the rose quartz line was made by pink diamond only, probably pioneered on earth, which explains why our rose was such a free spirit. She was probably given too much empathy and cares for more than the gem soldiers.
>>
>>89094973
>still gets baited by promotional garbage that the crew likely has nothing to do with

I bet you were also one of those people who thought it meant something when they just spliced a loop of Pearl say "What we really are" from the extended intro into a promo for Gem Drill

Like how many times do you have to get baited before you realize you shouldn't listen to this kinda stuff
>>
90% of you /co/cksuckers are failing to understand that OP wants to know what exactly got answered in the latest bomb, not just the introduction of new shit to the plot.
> name O N E thing that was brought up a lot time ago that got resolved last week
> you fucking can't
>>
>>89102026
Might just be Rose

It seems like a Rose Quartz is high enough rank to just have a Pearl, Sapphires apparently are

Our Pearl also doesn't follow the same patterns that Blue Pearl and Yellow Pearl do, which suggest she didn't belong to Pink or White Diamond, if she belonged to Pink her gem placement is wrong and she should have pinker skin, if we belonged to White she shouldn't have pink hair

also she very clearly has slavish devotion to Rose
>>
>>89097926
Unf. I'd follow that around.
>>
>>89099448
My heart is only so fragile, anon.

Don't shatter it.
>>
>>89103733
The Palanquin was, we had seen it before and didn't know where it was

Now we know its in Korea, also we know its actually Pink Diamond's palanquin where before it was assumed to be the one we had seen Blue Diamond in during The Answer

Also some questions about Blue Diamond were answered, after all this was the first time we ever saw her and interacted with her.

The purpose of a Lapis was clarified

Questions about what makes Rose so special were clarified, Steven is in fact the last Rose Quartz as all others are imprisoned

Some questions weren't fully answered but suggested at, like it seems like Kindergartens are only suppose to produce one type of gem, everyone who came from the Prime Kindergarten was an Amethyst, other from the Beta Kindergarten were Jasper's as well, although this isn't entire clear as there was that one gem Carnelian that seemed to be with the various Earth gems but she was likely defective seeing as she was almost as short as our Amethyst

Also some more insight into the structure of gem society, with Agates clearly being some type of manager or taskmaster caste to watch over lower rank gems

Might have missed something though
>>
>>89101696
Nah, I like the idea of her being human and not another Rose Quartz.
>>
>>89103817
>purpose of lapis was clarified

Wut? Where? And what's her purpose?

>pass butter.
>>
>>89103876
In the song, Yellow Diamond says "A Lapis terraforms"

They are form terraforming planets apparently

seems a bit preemptive for Lapis to have been on Earth with a rebellion still actively going on, but we saw the plans
>>
>>89097888
Sugar tried to play the anime card and wanted a serialized story.

Steven Universe weren't fit for a channel like Cartoonnetwork that want episodic series where the children don't have to follow an overaching plot.

Sure, it worked for prior series like Avatar, and although meant for kids felt teen oriented.

I think Steven Universe is overtly ambitious. And, Sugar, while good at character-driven stories, I think one of her faults is her own balance of the show, she need to find the right balance of story and filler episodes and sometimes one can overtake the other and even then Sugar recant that "Filler is apart of the story" when it isn't. She want to tell a story that matter and is meaningful, however, she needn't try so hard, considering it is her first show and there are other opportunities to try next time.

That, and her world-building is egregious, at least with Avatar, Bryke tried to make a believable world you can live in. With Sugar, she seem extremely liberal about her approach to it. Actually, Steven Universe does feel a lot liberal and I think that contribute to the pacing and all, I feel like the Crewniverse have a "go with the flow" approach, even if Sugar have her own tendencies for perfection, she let them do as they desire.
>>
>>89098069
Are you dumb? Light is additive
>>
>>89103645
>still don't know how/why PD was kill

Come to think of it. If PD was shattered then where are her shards? Do the other Diamonds have them enshrined somewhere, do the Crystal Gems have them bubbled in a hidden part of the temple? Are they part of the Cluster? (Doesn't seem likely to me given how important a Diamond is) Are they still out there somewhere as corrupted Gem monster/s?
>>
>>89094973
What?
What's there to know about the cluster?
>>
>>89104325
I don't think anyone actually saw it happen. If Pearl didn't do it, White diamond did.

I'm thinking Rose carried pink's torch,and white pinned it on a soldier, because Pink was going against the grain.

We know that Rose basically viewed humans similarly to Pink until Greg showed up. Cute animals.
>>
>>89104382
I'd like to know if there's actually something out there for them to use it against, I really don't like the theory that she made it just as an excuse to blow up the earth. There's no indication that she'd need an excuse, for one thing. It seems like using it on a planet they intend to conquer would fuck said planet up too much to be useful to them
>>
>>89104438
I'll never understand why people are so eager for the Season 3 finale to be rendered utterly pointless
>>
>>89104438
didn't Eyeball Ruby claim to have seen it happen personally?

Also I assume there is some type of grave or memorial to her where the shards are enshrined on Homeworld
>>
>>89104438
>I don't think anyone actually saw it happen.

Given the Crystal Gems' reactions when Steven kept on pressuring them I would assume that they were there. Just like the Eyeball Ruby.
>>
>>89104448
It could be a fear based weapon, like the Death Star, to put down other rebellions and the like. Sure the Diamonds don't want to blow up a planets they can use but why would anyone take the chance of them using the Cluster on them, however slight, when its effects are so damaging? Just the threat of it existing is enough to put people down.
>>
>>89101820
>you man lusting fruit

...What kind of stupid insult is that?
>>
>>89104382
They keep talking about it as if they know it's still going to go off. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a backup plan to ensure it's going off.
>>
>>89105438
Of course they still think it'll go off. There's yet to be anything to make them think otherwise.
>>
>>89103757
What
Holly Blue (a quartz) was clearly in a much inferior rank than Sapphire. The Amethysts where in turn in an inferior rank than her, and according to Bismuth, Rose was just another quartz soldier like them.
>>
>>89104133

Cause suits think children are morons who can only understand the basest of slapstick and screamin like TTG. They dont even consider periphery demographic or kids actually liking these kind of shows. Even after every single one of their huge breakout hits were serialized cartoons with lots of story and worldbuilding.
>>
>>89103817
Carnelians are from the Beta Kindergarten like the Jaspers. Peridot mentions a carnelian that came out sideways in "Beta'
>>
>>89108908

Considering they were fighting a losing war and desperately trying to put more boots on the ground it makes sense why most gems produced are warriors.
>>
So, is Earth so special that Earth Gems are more free willed? or all the quartzes stationed at the zoo are like that because they got to form their own isolated culture far from the established culture of home world?
>>
>>89104133
I think filler being part of the story was true at the time.

I had a friend who wanted a mandatory watching list, I rewatched S1. Every single episode up to Ocean Gem has some significant plot point, theme, character or mechanic of the setting introduced that will become important later. It doesn't feel forced at the time, to the extent you dont even notice it.

Now, however, it's shit like Mr. Frowney - which is fine by itself, but is hardly part of the overarching story.
>>
>>89109190

It builds up Stevens character as a general good guy and empath. He keeps turning people and gems to his side, much like his mother did.
>>
>>89109224
It doesn't advance or establish anything that hasn't already been clearly advanced or established though. That's what filler is.
>>
>>89094973
No, no. You got awnsers. The plot is extremely boring, any revelations are completely tepid at this point.
>>
>>89094973

It was basically "See what happens when Steven demands answers?"
>>
>>89098364

Apparently, since she was one of Zuke's, never.

>>89101672

It's interesting, though. All the quartzes are friendly, funloving and playful. Jasper (Should we give her a nickname since we have at least two other Jaspers now, one of whom is about her size?) is the only exception. (So... 'serious Jasper' I guess).

>>89101909

That may have been intentional, to suggest Yellow Diamond doesn't sing very often.
>>
>>89102053

But it would make sense, dramatically. Sure, Pearl could be just any pearl. But if it turns out she used to be the maybe most cherished pearl of all...

Put it like this: could that inspire other pearls to question their position?

>>89102526

Like Granny Goodness?

>>89104749

I think he's implying Jasper is manly, ergo, you wanting her to return makes you a homosexual male.
>>
File: You do something to me.jpg (430KB, 990x1119px) Image search: [Google]
You do something to me.jpg
430KB, 990x1119px
>>89109156

>>
>>89109967
Why is everyone making out like Zuke left?

She deleted her twitter but I'm psure she's still in the crew.
>>
>>89103817
Carnelian is a type of quartz
>>
>....Rebecca .... derailed her own show a la adventure time
[ insert gasps & shocking expressions here ]
Gee, who could've seen that coming?
>>
File: Paragon1.png (800KB, 1366x1214px) Image search: [Google]
Paragon1.png
800KB, 1366x1214px
For a long time people have been talking about black diamond being the theoretical fusion of the White, Blue, and Yellow Diamond.This however had left me wondering for a long time what would the fusion of all 4 diamonds be called?

Having looked through several diamond color charts nothing really fits, and I was worried there was no such stone that would be fitting of a 4 diamond fusion. Until I found out about paragons.

A paragon is a perfect diamond — flawless and without inclusions.

On its surface, this is already the perfect name for the ultimate diamond fusion, but it actually goes deeper, because not only is a paragon a perfect diamond, but the largest and most well known paragon, simply known as "the paragon" was placed inside of a necklace and to quote Wikipedia

>Apart from the main stone, this necklace also contains rare pink, blue, and yellow diamonds, making a total mass of 190.27 carats (38.054 g).

You can look at pic related and see for yourself what the necklace looks like, and I'll let you decide if you think it's a coincidence or if Sucrose has been planning this since the beginning.
>>
>>89112526
It all makes sense now.
>>
>>89112526
So in the end, the core message of the show is renegade 4 life?
sweet.
>>
File: freaks.png (1MB, 1181x1191px) Image search: [Google]
freaks.png
1MB, 1181x1191px
>>89095011
Soon, shes why we don't have a new intro
>>
File: Rainbow_Quartz_-_LENHI_Edit.png (152KB, 2395x3944px) Image search: [Google]
Rainbow_Quartz_-_LENHI_Edit.png
152KB, 2395x3944px
What do you guys think Rainbow's personality is like? Whats her feelings towards greg?
>>
>>89113651
>Peridot joins the Crystal Gems
>Doesn't get a new intro
>Lapis comes back
>No new intro
>Jasper comes back
>New intro
I fucking hope not
>>
File: fatty.jpg (35KB, 254x488px) Image search: [Google]
fatty.jpg
35KB, 254x488px
>>89095011
maybe someday
>>
File: haha.jpg (39KB, 353x379px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
39KB, 353x379px
>>89113694
>all 3 crystal gems reform
>new intro

>all 3 home world gems are reformed
>new intro

???
>>
>>89094973
>Being willfully obtuse
Guaranteed replies.
>>
>>89113692
Depends on if its the Rainbow Quartz made with Pearl/Rose or Pearl/Steven.

I don't think that Pearl/Rose fused very many times or for very long after We Need to Talk, and for the couple of seconds they did fuse in that episode they were mutually trying to show off to Greg.
>>
>>89098218
mods hate /sug/ so we get stuck on the pony porn board
>>
>>89110061
Even if Zuke did leave, that wouldn't necessarily mean that Mystery Girl is never returning.

/I just don't want to live in a world where onion gets several focus episodes and Mystery Girl only gets one./
>>
>>89098364
>100 years pass
>Pearl says "Hm, I think I'll call that mystery girl now, ask if she wants to get coffee. Hope its not too soon, I don't want to seem desperate."
>she's dead
>the end
>>
>>89103900
Why do gems need to terraform planets when they don't need food or water, and homeworld gems seem to disdain organic life?
>>
>>89114185
Shape the land to make kindergardens.
>>
>>89114185

Cause they make hollowed out spheres out of planets and the water must go somewhere.
>>
>>89101871
Anyone else notice her gem is a different shape?
>>
>>89114122
Mystery girl worked fine as a catalyst for the episode. She doesn't need to become a repeating character.
>>
>>89114285
True, but considering the heavy hinting of her return at the end of the episode I would still be disappointed if she was never seen or mentioned again.
>>
>>89094973
We got some answers but honestly they somehow managed to have a whole dramatic arc with important characters and drive it all to an ending with zero consequences. Nothing has really changed in the story. We're back to where we started, waiting for new Homeworld gems to show up or for Yellow to strike already.
>>
>>89095063
It literally did. Once the show turned to shit they drip fed bits of lore to keep people watching, just like SU does.

(not saying SU is shit, it's just SoL, which I and many others don't like)
>>
>>89098069
AYYY YO HOL UP!
>>
>>89113692
Very cheerful and fun-loving, elegant, free-spirited, and a showoff. For Pearl, she loves showing off her skills and beauty, and she can rationalize it as a show of Rose Quartz's glory instead of her own, which will help her bypass her inferiority complex, for the same reason, she'll be more comfortable acting on impulse because she'll have Rose's implicit approval. For Rose Quartz, she likes being Rainbow Quartz because it lets Pearl's inner beauty shine through, and because it lets Rose to stop being herself.
>>
File: pearl glare.png (242KB, 700x240px) Image search: [Google]
pearl glare.png
242KB, 700x240px
>>89094973
>Promise answers
>Invent new questions
>Answer those questions
>>
>>89094973
OP I too was confused and then I realized that the "it's time for answers" text didn't refer to the viewer getting answers, it refers to Steven's demands that the gems stop keeping things from him.
They tricked us
>>
>>89116635
what answers?
>>
>>89116972

I didnt mind that either. It was a goddamn catharsis when Steven actually fucking started demanding answers from double nigger.

He came such a long way since season 1 but this shitty airing schedule fucks up the pacing beyond belief.
>>
>>89117890
Yeah, but it fucked up for him and now he's never going to ask for answers again.
>>
>>89110061
she said that she left on her private blog
>>
>>89117474
>Is Greg going to be OK?
>What is Pink Diamond's zoo like?
>Are the other Amethysts from Earth anything like Amethyst?

Thinking back on it now there actually were a couple other things that were wondered about for a while that were answered, like "what is Blue Diamond like?", "how do the Diamonds typically interact with each other?", "how do Gem ships work?", which was all very nice to see, but the big pressing questions that this arc seemed to be about, "what happened exactly happened between Rose and Pink Diamond?", wasn't given to us.

We already knew that Pink Diamond was shattered by Rose, and that the Crystal Gems were not proud of that and the other Gems were not happy about it. This was reiterated a little here, with nothing being added to it other than that Blue Diamond was particularly upset. We haven't learned anything new about the actual event or what led up to it or immediately after it.

>Why exactly did Rose kill Pink Diamond; was she working on the Cluster? Was she going after the Crystal Gems personally?
>How exactly did Rose shatter Pink Diamond, it seems like there would be a pretty wide power gape between Diamonds and other Gems; did she use Bismuth's weapon?
>Was whatever caused Gems to go corrupt an act of retaliation for Pink Diamond's death?

If anything this arc has given us even more questions to ask.

>Did the human zoo have anything to do with the Gem war? Abducting a space station worth of humans doesn't seem like it would threaten the whole species or Earth itself. Was some expansion planned?
>Why is Blue more distraught than Yellow? Did she have some close relationship with Pink Diamond?

Like I said though, it was nice to have some other odd questions answered and to get more of that lore. I don't think I or most people would be so upset if they hadn't teased the arc with heavy implications that it would be about Pink Diamond rather than adventures in space.

>>89117890
That was nice too, as fleeting as it was.
>>
File: IMG_0212.png (3MB, 2850x1844px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0212.png
3MB, 2850x1844px
>>89110061
>>
>>89118043

SU is very granular is setting up things. Just look at Stevens empath/emotion thing, set up over dozens and dozens of episodes. Or Peridot getting turned. I wouldnt even mind this kind of storytelling that much, it has a certain charm if not for the retarded 4 month hiatuses. Whats so hard in airing 1 episode every week?
>>
>>89114339
>with zero consequences

We are back where we started waiting for Home World to make a move, but there still very well could be consequences from the events in the bomb. The CGs' and Greg's mucking about may have inspired a wave of alien abductions in the future. First BD sees Greg and decides she likes him enough to save one last human, which she wouldn't have done if he hadn't shown up. And then Sapphire tells BD that she foresees her wanting more human specimens, to which she replies "Now that you mention it, I think I do."

Add that to Amethyst making friends with the other Quartz soldiers, Holly Blue finding out about the rescue mission, and the possibility Steven may want to go save those Rose Quartzes before YD shatters them, and there are lots of elements that may come back later.
>>
>>89118043
>>Did the human zoo have anything to do with the Gem war? Abducting a space station worth of humans doesn't seem like it would threaten the whole species or Earth itself. Was some expansion planned?

What? No, the zoo was just a side project that was an attempt at saving the human race for entertainment purposes. We knew before this bomb that the original plan for colonizing Earth was going to wipe out all life on Earth in favor of creating kindergartens. The existence of the zoo doesn't change that.

>>Why is Blue more distraught than Yellow?

She's not. They're both just as upset as one another, but have different ways of dealing with it. Blue is okay with wallowing in sadness which some people may interpret as her caring more, but Yellow is so upset that she desperately wants to destroy everything that reminds her of her grief and try to move on. That's not Yellow loving Pink any less than Blue does, that's Yellow trying to escape her own pain.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.