[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>'Wow, you're willing to accept [unrealistic/fantastic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1408728455692.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1408728455692.gif
1MB, 250x250px
>'Wow, you're willing to accept [unrealistic/fantastic thing] but [completely retarded bullshit] is too far?'
>>
No Snyder, getting rid of the alien squid was still stupid.
>>
>>89090303
I hate how people use a fantasy world to excuse stupid bullshit and/or story flaws.
>>
>'Wow, you're willing to accept [completely retarded bullshit] but [unrealistc/fantastic thing] is too far?'
>>
>>89090384
We're all anonymous here so I'm happy to admit that I didn't fucking get it.

What was the significance of the fucking squid? What did it represent? Was it just how Ozy is a comic book villain in a fucked up world so the squid represents the campy comic book shit or what?

What was lost with its removal?

Someone fucking explain to me
>>
>>89090469
>'Wow, you're willing to accept [penis] but [penis] is too far?'
>>
>>89090525
The squid was an "alien", and so would unite all of humanity against this one enemy.

When the disaster is caused by an instrument of the US government it would just make every nation on the planet want to glass the states.
>>
>>89090384
Oh thank fuck, I thought I was the only one.
>>
>>89090525
Yeah, you pretty much nailed it. Ozy is a guy who saw himself as an ubersrs businessman first, a superhero second. So when it came down to him thinking of the best way to save the word, the most comic-booky solution came to mind.

It was an idea so out of left field and illogically bullshit that the US and the USSR just had no idea what the fuck to make of it and agreed to a ceasefire.

Meanwhile with the film's explosion, the tone and result are different. Ozy rigs the weird super-nuclear-power reactors that Dr. Manhattan worked on, to blow. Everyone's still left with a vague idea of what happened, but many will blame Dr. M, the American asset, for all the magic reactors suddenly going off at once, while he fucked off from the US to Mars.

Also, the reactors blowing -might- raise some anti-American sentiment, due to how the US was so willing to push Dr. Manhattan-created advancements into Watchmen's society. (Remember, with Dr. M synthesizing up helium and electric batteries, I'd imagine the Watchmen world is more eco-friendly by it's 1985.)
>>
>>89090589
>>89090642
But I thought the movies' implication was that everyone blamed Doc M for the booms and had no idea or even suspicion it wasn't the case, so he serves exactly the same purpose right?

I suppose thematically it does mean there's less at the expense of campy comics, but seems in terms of narrative structure if anything it's neater.
>>
>space scene
>there's sound
>>
>>89090926
No, because Manhattan was an American, and has served as an agent for America for years.
>>
>>89090926
Can you really not see how everyone blaming the AMERICAN citizen who was also an AMERICAN weapon used by AMERICA in wars and named after an AMERICAN city might have a negative effect on diplomatic relations between America and the USSR?
>>
>>89091010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8MljsHpYRk

Sound can travel in space. It doesn't sound anything like the movies or on earth, no where near what we're used to, but it does travel, and because there's nothing to slow the explosion down, like air molecules, the gasses from the explosion travel very fast for a long time, eventually hitting your ship/suit or whatever and then THAT hit goes through the air in your ship/suit to your ears and you hear an explosion in space.
>>
>>89090392
It's worse when they use fantasy to excuse stupid bullshit and story flaws their own previously established rules said shouldn't have been possible and it isn't even a retcon.
>>
>>89090384
why
>>
File: dr-manhattan.jpg (24KB, 306x400px) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan.jpg
24KB, 306x400px
Without the island full of kidnapped experts and the mutant monster experiment,
There's nothing for the Comedian to spot and investigate..
Without something for the Comedian to investigate, there's no secret to share with Moloch, getting them both killed, and involving Rorschach.

When you replace the Squid with a gov't assisted clean energy project going on in the Antarctic, you pull apart the entire narrative.

Snyder was too busy filming "neato" Wire-Fu scenes to realize that his new narrative didn't actually make any sense any more.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.