[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Show originally started about a boy and his lighthearted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

File: suat.png (449KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
suat.png
449KB, 600x459px
>Show originally started about a boy and his lighthearted adventures in a world created by a war long ago
>Show then goes into drama territory bringing in many fans
>Show is now predominantly drama and/or psuedointellectiual shit

Why can't a fun show about a boy and his adventures just stay that way with only two or three "deep" episodes a season?
>>
You're the reason why SU has different ranges of shit quality control
>>
>>89077073
Is there a cartoon in recent years that balances comedy and drama well?
>>
i think steven universe is way more convoluted than adventure time
>>
>>89077098
Boyack Horseman
>>
Steven universe is predominantly about the adventures of steven exploring his magical abilities, way more than adventure time is about Finn adventuring.

That's why people shout filler so much
>>
File: SU fanbase in a nutshell.png (389KB, 629x414px) Image search: [Google]
SU fanbase in a nutshell.png
389KB, 629x414px
Selfish, autistic adults just can't let children have nice things, they have to steal them and terraform them into something more adult.
>>
>>89077073
This is an old pasta but it's still wrong.
First of all, SU had drama since it started, and it always was intended to develop into an overarching story.

Secondly, there's nothing "psuedointellectual" about SU. Most of its themes revolve around love and imperfections. It rarely tries to be 2deep4u.
>>
File: steven u.png (930KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
steven u.png
930KB, 1280x720px
The public is starting to want more shows like SU or Gravity Falls that have a story with a beggining and an ending, while still having "simple" episodes to watch. What you're complaining about is the result of many years of development of cartoons on western civilization.
>>
>>89077073
Its called building story. If they didn't have story it wouldn't be worth watching for more than 5 episodes once you realize its just the same shit. Conflicts that get created and resolved in 10 minutes gets old
>>
>>89077152
This is probably Rebecka Sugars greatest joke on her fanbase.
>>
File: Carlball.jpg (244KB, 1130x900px) Image search: [Google]
Carlball.jpg
244KB, 1130x900px
>>89077181
>AT
>a show where every season has a status quo reset
>"building a story"
>>
>>89077098
Danny phantom. Not only did it have continuity it still managed to have every episode feel contained.
>>
>>89077272
>a show where every season has a status quo reset
That's good. Episodic, self-contained cartoons have been the rule for almost a century for a reason.
>>
>>89077276
Till season 3.
>>
You forgot the part with shapeshifting best friends.

I will Steven this though he's got a stable relationship with some sweet brown sugar and Finn's almost as unlucky in love as his pal Ice King.
>>
>>89077405
He managed to get with that pillow girl and even had children somehow.
>>
>>89077499
That whole thing may not have happened.
>>
It seems that starting a show as a warm comedy before switching to drama is a new plot device to get people to be invested in drama.

Like if your not very good at creating drama then just get your audience to like your characters before hand so your show can rely on previous emotional attachment and the threat of character death to make your drama work.

it worked for adventure time and undertale. Some people even call it the earthbound formula.
>>
>>89077073
Make it yourself you lazy bum
>>
>>89077073
here's how it works:
these creators are 90s kids. they remember how animation got really good when people put the work in, but they also remember how mindless it was prior to that, and saw how crummy it became post-90s when 9/11 scared the country's testicles right up the inguinal canal and risktaking ceased.. they also watched as anime went from obscure, to mainstream, to overexposed and overdeveloped, designed-by-committee..

so now that they have the reins, they want to make the cartoon they always wanted. the one that wasn't as censored, and could hint at more things (success), one that had a lot of kickass action (mostly failed, due to budget), and one that had a lot of depth and emotion like their japanese animes (this... has succeeded better than any western animation outside of disney feature films, but still largely failed long-term)
they are also too lazy and pampered to handle the really difficult hard work involved in running anything (which isnt their fault since in this day and age it shouldn't BE that much work anymore. there are a million tiny reasons it doesn't have to be, but those are 'just the way it is')
>>
>>89077169
But Gravity Falls mostly sucked when it tried to be dramatic, NWHS excepted.
>>
>>89077227
I'm pretty sure the entire point of that episode was just "people can have any sex they want with anyone they want as long as both people consent, but if one of them doesn't it becomes the worst thing in the world!!!"
that's pretty much their ten commandments at this point
>>
>>89077073
The original creator realized what monster he had created and bailed.
>>
>>89078052
I feel like that one's reversed. GF was meant to be a dumb fun comedy written by a goofy comedian, but he had to put the mystery shit in as a 'hook'
plus he enjoyed writing puzzles and tricks
>>
>>89078065
I'll never understand this kind of logic. Wouldn't it make more sense to stick with it to guide it in wise directions and perhaps to prevent pandering from corrupting and twisting the show into something truly horrific?

Adventure Time panders to the worst parts of it's fandom constantly and there is a reason the show and it's fandom are now met with much derision.
>>
Amethyst is ugly and fat.
>>
>>89078160
Because Ward fucking hated managing that stuff and it was making him stressed out, plus he passed it off to people he felt would do a good job with it, so it's not like he let it go to hell as soon as he stopped being on board.

Obviously it's up to you if that actually worked but it's not like he let them brutally murder his baby or nothing.
>>
File: bubbline is not cool.png (31KB, 1662x187px) Image search: [Google]
bubbline is not cool.png
31KB, 1662x187px
>>89078201
But be brutally murdered is what happened to Adventure Time. After it was dressed up all nice and slutty and made to dance, gang-raped by thousands of filthy goblins, strung up and whipped and tortured for entertainment and then publicly killed an an over-the-top way. It's rotting corpse has been re-animated with Necromancy and is now covered in various PC/SJW approval logos.
>>
>>89077962
That is how drama works. You have to care about the characters first before you give a shit about what happens to them.
>>
>>89078006
Maybe I will
>>
>>89078250
I disagree, but I love your description.
>>
>>89077098
Wander Over Yonder was more inclined towards comedy, but it had its good share of well executed dramatic moments.
>>
File: 1425034066693.gif (1MB, 172x162px) Image search: [Google]
1425034066693.gif
1MB, 172x162px
>>89077152
>>
>>89078053
Not really the worst thing in the world (there are worst dick moves you can pull on another human being), but isn't this a logical form of thinking?
>>
File: 1447712410090.jpg (181KB, 756x972px) Image search: [Google]
1447712410090.jpg
181KB, 756x972px
>this thread again
>>
>>89077073

Golly, it's almost like these shows have had the same writers
>>
File: 1483980709888.jpg (10KB, 194x299px) Image search: [Google]
1483980709888.jpg
10KB, 194x299px
Both were shit from the beginning.
>>
>>89079562
>he's samefagging his samefag memes again
>>
>>89077169

You mean many years of development of cartoons from Japan, which are then stolen and given a Cal Arts overhaul before being released on the American market.
>>
>>89078053
That was a cover up tumblr will eat up
But realize where it took place
A literal safe space away from the real world, with a bunch of people who were ignorant of everything and listening to a voice in their head. Nothing was real, nothing meant anything to them.
They all went after greg as their new obsession and when he hurt them they turned on him.
I think Sugar is more aware than people give her credit for.
>>
File: 1445220695206.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1445220695206.gif
2MB, 235x240px
>>89079185
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.