[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces -new-defenders-title-by-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: DEFENDERS2017001-Cov-Flat.jpg (253KB, 864x1311px) Image search: [Google]
DEFENDERS2017001-Cov-Flat.jpg
253KB, 864x1311px
http://www.cbr.com/marvel-announces-new-defenders-title-by-bendis-marquez/
Because you asked for it, more Bendis!
>>
>>89072733
Why are the Heroes for Hire now the Defenders?
More importantly, why aren't the regular Defenders still a thing?
>>
SYNERGY
>>
File: 1409020980911.gif (2MB, 375x212px) Image search: [Google]
1409020980911.gif
2MB, 375x212px
>tfw it wasn't FF
Closest of calls.
>>
>>89072733
>luke is now 10 years younger and wearing a plain hoodie
If there's one thing Bendis loves more then having characters repeat dialogue at each other, it's MCU synergy
>>
>>89072733
Least this gave us a sneak peek at Iron Fist's MCU outfit.
>>
>>89073860
>Least this gave us a sneak peek at Iron Fist's MCU outfit.
That's just his current outfit, anon. He's been wearing it for a couple years now.
>>
File: Heroes For Hire TPB vol 1.jpg (73KB, 369x563px) Image search: [Google]
Heroes For Hire TPB vol 1.jpg
73KB, 369x563px
A bit OT but I've just been reading this collection with a kind of similar premise (Danny restarts Heroes for Hire, Luke and other B-listers join)

I feel like John Ostrander could have written it better if he'd been allowed. Marvel from the late '90s had the opposite problem of early '90s, everything had to be light and fun, so it all feels less fun than it should be, if that makes sense.

I'm sure I'll look back on this as a golden age once Bendis gets into his second year on this title though.
>>
>>89072890
Because "Dr. Strange's magical black ops" and "Valkyrie's non-ironic version of Lady Liberators" didn't do so well and most of the cast are common Avenging guys or dead.
>>
I'm going to stop wishing for books starring characters I like.
>>
>>89072733
Why I am not surprised?
>>
It sounds like this is taking the plot of the Marvel Event I always dreamed of writing.
>>
>>89073531
Why Bendis loves synergy so much?
>>
>>89072733
On the one hand, it's street level which according to legend is the one genre Bendis is actually good at.
On the other hand, at this point I don't think Bendis knows how to write comics anymore, if he ever did.
>>
>>89076111
no one should be, it's been teased for years now
>>
>>89072733
>Bendis doing street level shit again
might be god
>synergy shit
welp
>>
>>89072733
Why is Iron Fist even there? Synergy aside, when Bendis used him in New Avengers, he was just there to punch things, and the fact that he was Luke's best friend barely ever came up, to the point where Luke seemed closer to Wolverine than Danny.
>>
>>89076215
Because casuals will see the movie characters on the cover and more likely end up buying it.
>>
Does Bendis even still sells well?
>>
>>89072890
Because MCU.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 700x393px
>>89072733
God Danm I love Bendis!
This is going to be great!
>>
File: 1443677892372.gif (494KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1443677892372.gif
494KB, 500x281px
On the one hand, street-level is probably where Bendis does his best work.

On the other, I very much value the fact that street-level Marvel is left the fuck alone for the most part and isn't dragged in the shitty event book du jour. I don't want the other street-level books to cross over with this book and I CERTAINLY don't want what happens in Defenders to affect what happens in DD, PM+IF, or JJ.

Can Bendis just leave shit alone and write a halfway decent book? I don't know, but I'm more apprehensive than anything right now.
>>
Sad that Marvel had to destroy the legacy of a classic team and repurpose it into a cheap TV show tie in comic that will sell poorly and be cancelled.

Daredevil's stupid black costume makes me want to puke. Amazing that shit like this gets greenlit constantly while Marvel neglects it's most important properties like X-Men and the FF and continually denigrates them by killing off key characters like Wolverine, Professor X, and turning Cyclops and Reed into villains.
>>
>>89076226
I guess this is where we see if Bendis has lost any semblance of talent or if it really was that he was just on the wrong books.

My guess is that this will suck because Bendis hasn't tried since 2010.
>>
>>89072733
How many Chinese takeout issues will there be?
>>
>>89078172
a book length epic poker game would be totally refreshing, maybe cut with reality TV style interviews for extra dramatic impact.
>>
>>89079168
Except you can make an issue be just a poker game, and have it be fucking great.
>>
File: bendis.jpg (111KB, 1639x922px) Image search: [Google]
bendis.jpg
111KB, 1639x922px
>Bendis was once a Maoist who championed the murderous ideology of Mao Zedong and the Khmer Rouge. We condemn Sim and Moore of their political sins, but Sim tried to prove he was not a hater after "Cerebus". And Moore insisted he loathed misogyny but had simply done as told. Maybe they were full of shit but at least they tried to publicly distance themselves from extreme politics.

>Not Bendis who espoused the most extreme, murderous, and destructive form of leftism. Comic bloggers, so outraged about long retired Sim and long irrelevant Moore, never demanded of Bendis to face up to his past sins. Unlike Ditko and Miller who candidly confessed their approval of, respectively, objectivism and fascism, Bendis has never ever apologized in general, or in specific to the countless victims of the tyrants he supported with all his heart.

>Bendis celebrated and championed Mao's total destruction of culture and intellectual life and the Khmer Rouge that transformed Cambodia overnight into a genocidal stone age Marxist state.

Fuck that piece of shit.
>>
Someone post that Soulebolts panel with Deadpool saying "I have literally never been less surprised in my life"
>>
>>89073092
that's for when infamous iron man ends and leads into ff
>>
>>89080285
uh, source?
>>
>>89072890
Because Tony Stark sued them for calling themselves the Mighty Avengers.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.