[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The truth is the Simpsons never got bad. You just fawn over nostalgia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

The truth is the Simpsons never got bad. You just fawn over nostalgia of well recognised episodes to you while keeping a cinical world view to any new episodes under the pretense that they automaticly suck, so you can't enjoy it because you need to fill out your self conceived that "it sucks". You started trying to rate episode by episode but forgot how to sit back and just enjoy a show like you did when you were a kid.

The only debateble part is that the animation changed and becuase a little less fluid becuase of new production techniques. In reality the Simpsons is just as funny as it has been, but its you who has changed, not the show. For the most part.
>>
>>89071848
Actually the show sucked when they tried to "Peter Griffin" up Homer and make him more of a dickhole that was hard to relate to instead of an oafish father.

But what do I know, I've only been watching the show since the 80's.
>>
File: bait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>89071848
>>
>>89071883
Give me the exact episode, at the exact time to the millisecond of the exact phrase when he changes this threshold.
>>
>>89071883
He was never an asshole, what are you talking about.
>>
>>89071939
>>89072082
>4 replies
>3 posters

Rely make u tink
>>
>>89072129
Thats not an argument.

Really makes one ponder
>>
File: 5cf.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
5cf.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
>>89071848

>Simpsons never got bad
>>
>>89071939
The episode where he forces Marge to build a rollercoaster and refuses to confess to an audience.
"The truth is...that I'm perfect! And everything I touch is perfect!"
>>
>>89072295
I dont know, sounds like he was having an idenity crisis, if he was a dick for an episode, then it was more of a one episode thing and never seemed to be a continuing theme.

Id ask for the ep # but I aint got time to be watching 10 eps for a post online. Im just saying the themes I see most often.
>>
I never really saw a downturn in Simpsons quality until they went widescreen
>>
>>89071848
You typed a whole lot of bullshit. Maybe actually critically analyze the many, many seasons of the show instead of just getting all huffy on the internet. No one here cares how you feel.
>>
>>89071848
It has absolutely nothing to do with nostalgia. No matter how many years go by, season 13 will still be terrible. And it premiered in 2001, almost 16 years ago. Once Al Jean became the showrunner, the show's quality absolutely nosedived. Terrible animation, terrible artstyle, terrible writing, terrible characterization, terrible jokes, just garbage. Even the best of S13+ Simpsons is just mediocre. The show has been going through the motions for years now, and Fox has no reason to stop it because it fills a timeslot and still has brand recognition. If anything the only people who still watch the show "fawn over nostalgia".
>>
>>89071848
Simpsons is way funnier meow. Old episodes fucking SUCK!!

I don't understand how that show got past it's first season. Oh yeah, because all TV was shit back then and people were watching Roseanne.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.