[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

in the months since rebirth started what books have you dropped,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 7

File: 00.jpg (678KB, 1193x1834px) Image search: [Google]
00.jpg
678KB, 1193x1834px
in the months since rebirth started what books have you dropped, whether that be due to poor quality or just not enough headspace for those books?
I dropped
>Trinity
>The Flash
>Wonder Woman
>Titans
>Supergirl

Considering dropping Blue Beetle and Superwoman
>>
>>89063065
I haven't dropped anything faggot, i picked more stuff.
The only thing i never touched is the Titans shit and Red Hood.
>>
>>89063065
I dropped Justice League. It's just so BORING.
>>
>>89063113
>reading bad comics
>>
File: 1478692550373.png (141KB, 290x290px) Image search: [Google]
1478692550373.png
141KB, 290x290px
>>89063113
>never touched is the Titans shit and Red Hood.
>not reading the best Rebirth books.
>>
>>89063211
Pleb alert.
>>
I dropped everything except for Deathstroke.
>>
>>89063211
titans got real fucking old by issue 4 when that kadabra shit didn't finish. the arc could've been 3 issues shorter
>>
>>89063065
Blue Beetle and Detective Comics were dropped after the first issues. Everything else I checked out I'm still reading.
>>
>>89063286
The length of first arc of every title seemed to be enforced by the editorial, to keep it long enough to fill trades. Seemed to fuck up a lot of titles.
>>
>>89063065

Justice League got dropped after the first story arc, even at that I still had to force myself to get the last 2 issues. I am surprised at JLvSS being as good as it is to be honest (but i haven't read today's issue so there's still plenty of time for it to mess up)

And Nightwing, lost all interest in that.
>>
>>89063065
All of them but New Super-Man and Deathstroke
>>
>>89064084
I didn't even bother with justice league because
>artists writing comics
doesn't usually work in capes. Hitch has a proven track record of being a solidly mediocre writer too
>>
I only dropped Detective Comics off my pull list, I haven't really been following anything else, kind of waiting for more to build up so I can read it in bulk, but from what I've seen of the titles not on my pull list nothing seems all that great just now. What I mean is that none of the titles excite me and make me want to read them.
>>
File: radar-ubdlvdmpodqhnipabjeb.jpg (43KB, 399x441px) Image search: [Google]
radar-ubdlvdmpodqhnipabjeb.jpg
43KB, 399x441px
>>89063113
>Red Hood
>not reading one of the best rebirth books
>>
>>89064541
It has a refrence to JoJo in it, of course /co/ loves this Redhood book.
>>
>>89063065
Dropped
>Wondy
fuck rucka
>Tec
when I'm forced to "WOMP WOMP" the entire time because Batwoman is speaking I have to drop it.
>Action
I read Dragon Ball Z when I was a kid. Gohan was cooler than Action Jon. Superman fulfills muh supes.
>>
Dropped everything except Deathstroke and Nightwing.

My DC pull mainly consists of YA, Flintstones and some minis that aren't part of Rebirth.
>>
>>89064585
I love it because it is a great book.
>>
post what yr still pulling
>Batman
>All-Star Batman
>Deathstroke
>Green Arrow
>Nightwing
>New Superman
>Superman
>Superwoman
>Midnighter and Apollo (if miniseries count)
>Teen Titans
>>
>>89064637
Okay, Scott.
>>
>>89064637
Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised by how good it truned out to be.
>>
Dropped:
Suicide Squad (shitty movie squad and Jim Lee art)
Justice League (who thought letting Hitch write the big JL book was a good idea)
Blue Beetle (Giffen should not write teenagers)
Batgirl and the Birds of Prey (the dialogue is so awkward)
Red Hood and the Outlaws (who started this "Lobdell is magically good" meme? Jasonfags?)
Action Comics (lol Jurgens)
Detective Comics (the Jurgens of the Bat office)
Flash (fastest man has the slowest book)
All-Star Batman (is every story going to be keikaku?)
>>
>>89064819
detective is good and fulfills my late 90s/early 00s bat nostalgia wank
>>
>>89063065

I feel like just saying "I dropped ______" isn't really helpful.
why did you drop these books?

I dropped JL (minus the current JL/SS arc) due to Hitch just not being entertaining in his first arc.
Same with Supergirl, even though I like Orlando and am looking forward to his JLA
>>
>>89064541
>>89064637
>>89064730
Who would have thought that RHATO is going to end up being one of the strongest books? One of the biggest suprise of Rebirth.
>>
>>89064671
Batman, Flash, Harley Quinn's Little Black Book it's a guilty pleasure, I love one shot team ups
>>
>>89064541
Hahahahaha
>>
>>89063065

To Start i was pulling:

Batman
Superman
Trinity
All-Star Batman
Nightwing
Blue Beetle

I have since dropped the last two of those, and might drop Trinity after the current arc ends, but i haven't decided yet.

I'm also pulling Doom Patrol and Cave Carson, and a handful of Image books but we're talking about mainline DC.
>>
>>89064819
straightedge
>>
>>89064922
>why did you drop these books?
because they were shit in one way or another
>>
File: BMETRL_Cv16.jpg (445KB, 811x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BMETRL_Cv16.jpg
445KB, 811x1200px
>>89064671
>Deathstroke
>Batman
>All Star Batman
Just that from Rebirth but also
>Doom Patrol
>Shade The Changing Girl
>Mother Panic
>Cave Carson Has A Cybernetic Eye
>Flintstones
>Midnighter and Apollo
>Clean Room
>>
File: don't touch me poorfags.gif (1MB, 323x267px) Image search: [Google]
don't touch me poorfags.gif
1MB, 323x267px
Justice League is the only one. Still pulling in loadsa comics
>>
I dropped King's batman. I'm just not a fan of what King's doing on it, just couldn't get into it.

It feels kinda weird honestly. The main Batman title is the only floppy consistently followed and bought inb4 >buying comics for the past five years. Even though I didn't like every part of Snyder's run, I still stuck with it because something about each issue somewhat interested me. Eh, who knows, maybe it was just Stockholm Syndrome.

Hopefully, King's Batman gets better soon.
>>
>>89064671
Aquaman, Green Arrow, RHATO, Deathstroke, New Super-Man, Green Lanterns. Also, Sixpack & Dogwelder, Doom Patrol, Cave Carson and Flintstones.
>>
Didn't pick up anything unless you count the second Titans book. Still reading Nightwing, Hellblazer, Batgirl, BOP, Batwoman, Supergirl, Titans, Green Arrow, Red Hood, Suicide Squad and Deathstroke.
>>
>>89066362

The only reason im still pulling it is because ive never done that with a current Batman book, i've got a bunch of tpbs and stuff but other than picking up Hush when it came out back when i was in highschool i have almost no Bat floppies.
>>
>>89064671
All star batman
Batman
Detective comics
Dark knight III
Justice League vs Suicide Squad
New Super-man
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Superman
Teen titans (Prob going to drop because it sucks)

I followed everything for a few issues. My biggest disappointments of rebirth have been Green Arrow (great art boring filler story) and Nightwing
>>
>>89069261

Nightwing was the real letdown for me, I obviously was expecting a change from Grayson but that series did so well and they just dropped all of it and shifted even though Seeley worked on Grayson as well.... I get Dick going back to hero life and getting out of the spy game but it would have been cool for that spy life to come back to haunt him or something.. I dunno, I guess I had unrealistic expectations. That Monstermen crossover didn't help either.
>>
File: 1475471045055.png (1MB, 1209x748px) Image search: [Google]
1475471045055.png
1MB, 1209x748px
I'm a tough cookie.
I ain't dropping shit.
That doesn't mean I don't find some of the books I'm reading terrible, but I just want to know everything that happens.

E V E R Y T H I N G
>>
>>89070463

ok just to clarify by "drop" people mean stop actually purchasing that comic, not stop reading it pirated for free.

fucking entitled little shit.
>>
>>89070697
And just to clarify, by drop, I mean drop.
I spend good money on my hobby. Don't assume I pirate shit just because you do, you fucking entitled little shit.
>>
Batgirl because it's still nubatgirl. Nightwing because it's Grayson without anything that made it good plus the Raptor twist was the biggest horseshit I've read in a while. Batgirl and the Birds of Prey because if the shit art and story, Wonder Woman because of the of the narrative switch of that I don't like, I might get it in trades. Justice League because of it's big explosions over substance attitude it had in its first arc. Cyborg is just as pointless on his own as he's always been. Harley's still Harley, and still isn't for me. Suicide Squad, Hellblazer, Red Hood, Batman Beyond, Aquaman, Flash, Supergirl, Superwoman, Trinity all seemed fine but didn't keep my interest.
I really want to drop Titans and Blue Beetle but I feel too much loyalty to Wally and the Giffen DeMatteis extended universe.
>>
File: Nightwing (2016-) 002-004.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing (2016-) 002-004.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>89069392
The worst part for me is just the writing in general, not the direction. Seeley is bad, the monologueing is early 00s trash tier and what truly turned me of is how this is the first or second page of issue #2. So after Rebirth is just recap and quit a bit of #1 is also recap, we get a fucking recap page on #2? as if anything so far was hard to follow... Seeley clearly doesn't respect his readers...

I liked the art though.
>>
>>89063186
>rebirth
>bad
lol dumb marvelcuck
>>
>>89070772
It really pisses me off that they didn't put DeMateis on a title, they didn't even give him a mini at least... he's just on that scooby doo thing with Giffen. It's sad because the guy is old so he won't be working for that much longer but he still has it unlike other old guys that keep getting consistent work.
>>
>>89070992
Yeah, I wish they put him on. It's really missing the charm of their previous books without him.
>>
is anybody reading batman beyond? I hate this art
>>
>>89070836
>Seeley clearly doesn't respect his readers...
considering how a lot of people who hated grayson had trouble reading and following along, i don't blame him for not having respect for the readers
>>
>>89071525
Doing shit out of spite is even worse than just being incompetent though. "Oh a bunch of assholes are dumb and bothering me? better punish everyone else then too". Also, people had trouble following King's issues' not Seeley's. The only thing Seeley had to deal with was people on twitter nagging him about too much fanservice and sexism and the like.
>>
As someone who is always like ten years behind shit I guess I misunderstood that Rebirth issue I thought it was going to clear things up and be a new direction for DC but I felt like I needed to read like five years of comics to get all the references. I was exciting by the Watchmen ending but then also realized that I would have to read like 100 issues across multiple series to get that part of the story. No thanks.
>>
>>89071503
oh fuck I forgot I dropped that lol

For that same exact reason. Cover art looked nice and then rebirth and issue looked HIDEOUS
>>
>>89071670
Rebirth isn't for new readers. New 52 is.
>>
>>89071503
No, but I like the art, wish it were on a better title.
>>
>>89070992
>It's sad because the guy is old so he won't be working for that much longer
man he's only 63, it's not like he's on his deathbed
>>
So far the only thing I've read more than one issue of and dropped is Green Lanterns
>>
>>89071791
How many writers in their 60s are still in the industry?
>>
>>89064671
>Batman
>Detective Comics
>Deathstroke
>Nightwing
>Super-man
>New Superman
>Six Pack and Dog Welder
>Midnighter and Apollo
>all the Young Animal Titles
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>>
>>89063065
dropped:
>Batgirl
>Batgirl and the birds of prey
>Gotham academy
>Green Arrow
>Harley Quinn

considering to drop:
>batman beyond
>detective comics
>cave carson (a shame that super powers side stories are fucking great)
>New Super-man
>Shade the changing girl
>>
>>89064819
but lobdell is good dumb dumb. He paints bats in a warm manner, which is refreshing for us batfags
>>
>>89070755

Well that was a reversal, hah... so apparently i made a bad call then. my bad, but you see that shit in threads where "dropping it" means "i just wont dedicate 5-10mins of my life to reading it" because its either here on /co/ or readily available elsewhere online
>>
>>89064520
Why drop detective comics?
>>
I'm reading:
Batman
Red Hood
New Super-Man
Shade the Changing Girl
Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye

I dropped:
- The Flash (still might get the trade)

Looking forward to the Deluxe Superman editions.
>>
>>89064923
That says more about the overall quality of Rebirth than it does Red Hood, when a relaunch of a shitty New 52 book is one of the strongest offerings.
>>
>>89063065
Dropped everything but Deathstroke and Superman from Rebirth. Supremely disappointed with how mediocre pretty much everything turned out to be. Especially Batman. Hoping Supersons delivers at least.

Still pulling all the Young Animal books except for Mother Panic though, alongside Flintstones, so I've still got quite a few DC books on my pull-list, just almost nothing under the Rebirth brand.
>>
>>89063065
>in the months since rebirth started what books have you dropped

Honestly nothing. I started with Batman, Action, Superman, Wonder Woman, New Super-Man, Trinity, Flash, Green Lanterns, HJGLC, Justice League, Titans, Deathstroke. I'm going to pick up JLA and Super Sons when they come out and I got a few Young Animal, Hanna Barbara, He-Man/Thundercats and I'm going to get Power Rangers v Justice league.

I'm really enjoying DC right now
>>
>>89071670
>but then also realized that I would have to read like 100 issues across multiple series to get that part of the story. No thanks.

lolwut?
>>
>>89064585

Whats the reference?
>>
>>89071670

Anon I just literally started reading comics for the first time in my life a weeks ago and I'm not having any problems following Rebirth. There has been some stuff I didn't understand but a quick google search can fix that. Don't let continuity scare you away, you'll pick it up organically as you go.

Pulling
-Superman
-Action Comics
-JL vs SS
-Suicide Squad
-Batman
-All Star Batman
-Detective Comics
-RHATO
-Titans
-Deathstroke
-Trinity

Dropped
-Batgirl
-Nightwing
>>
>>89063065
Titans is pretty good. Superwoman and Blue Beetle are the only two I dropped
>>
Honestly I've only dropped a couple, and that's mostly because they didn't hold my interest. They were
>Flash
>Aquaman
>Detective Comics
>Red Hood (I liked what I read but I stopped caring)
>Cyborg
>Batman
>>89064671
>Green Lanterns
>Superman
>Hal and the GLC
>Teen Titans (Hoping it gets better after Damian fucks off)
>Supergirl (Hoping it gets better once this arc ends and this artist maybe fucks off)
>Midnighter and Apollo
>New Super Man (This, Shade and Deathstroke are my favorites
>Titans
>Shade the Changing Girl
>Deathstroke
>Cave Carson

I was gonna read Blue Beetle but I just kinda lost interest
>>
When are the December sales coming out. I wanna see if Rebirth is still in free fall
>>
Dropped
>Action Comics
>Deadman
>Green Arrow
>Supergirl
>Superwoman
>Titans
>Trinity

Action Comics and Green Arrow are just so bland, I can't stand it. Deadman's cringe-worthy timeouts to talk about genderfluidity are just too painful to keep going. In the first issue it was like "ok whatever" but when they did it again a couple times in the second issue that was enough for me. Supergirl is insufferable and the only reason I started on it to begin with was the Rebirth issue being pretty good. Just don't care for the plot of Superwoman.

Still reading
>Aquaman
>All-Star Batman
>Batgirl
>Batman
>Detective Comics
>Flash
>Green Lanterns
>Midnighter and Apollo
>New Super-Man
>Nightwing
>Sixpack and Dogwelder
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>all the Young Animal books
>>
>>89063113
Titans is totally understandable, but Red Hood is quality, anon.
>>
Not including Young Animal/Hanna Barbera I'm reading these books.

>Aquaman
>Blue Beetle (may drop)
>Deathstroke
>New Super-Man
>Red Hood and the Outlaws
>Supergirl (dropped at issue 3)
>Superwoman (may drop)
>Wonder Woman
>>
>>89063113
Damn, you're missing out on two of the best rebirth books.
>>
>>89063340
God fucking forbid you get a trade with more than one story.
THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
>>
>>89064671
>Action Comics
>Batman
>Detective Comics
>The Flash
>Green Lanterns
>Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
>New Super-Man
>Nightwing
>Raven (Is this still going even?)
>Superman
>Teen Titans
>Titans
>Wonder Woman

>>89063065
>Batgirl (Pretty bland)
>Blue Beetle (Didn't really enjoy it)
>Green Arrow (Just kind of fell off the bandwagon)
>Harley Quinn (Got boring)
>Justice League (Couldn't be fucked reading trash anymore)
>Supergirl (Just kind of fell off the bandwagon)
>Trinity (^)
Considering dropping Batman and The Flash, Batman because I'm not really enjoying it and The Flash just because I read a lot of books and it doesn't captivate me as much as the rest. Teen Titans I'm giving a chance before I drop it.
>>
I'm picking up the YA books and Hellblazer. Disappointed that DC has abandoned so much of their fantasy line.

I tried some other Rebirth books, found some of them okay, but not so good that I want to buy it twice a month.
>>
>>89074914
>Dropping both Detective Comics and Batman
>>
>>89063065
>Dropped
Superwoman
Supergirl
Shade
Scooby-Doo Apocalypse
Raven
>Pulling
Action Comics
Aquaman
Batman
Blue Beetle
Cyborg
Deathstroke
Detective Comics
Doctor Fate
Flash
Green Arrow
Green Lantern
Hal Jordan and the Green Lanterns
Hellblazer
Injustice
Justice League
Justice League of America
Nightwing
Red Hood
Rick and Morty (not DC)

Suicide Squad
Super Sons
Superman

Teen Titans
Titans Rebirth
Trinity
Wonder Woman
>>
>>89063065
>Dropped Flash and Titans

Pretty pleb taste, tbqhwy
>>
>>89064671
>Aquaman
>Wonder Woman
>Green Lanterns
>Titans

Red Hood and the Outlaws has been surprisingly great though, I ignored it initially due to Lobdell but I'll probably pick up the trades at some point
>>
>>89071646
>Doing shit out of spite

Have you never heard the phrase "Every comic is someone's first?"
>>
>>89071791

I mean, if you're worried about someone's health, it should be Giffen who had a secret heart attack we learned only later about.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.