[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just watched this movie, damn was that good, how did it escape

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: thecrowmovie.jpg (70KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
thecrowmovie.jpg
70KB, 400x600px
I just watched this movie, damn was that good, how did it escape me all these years? I always new it was a comic film but because I never read the comic I guess I just glossed over the movie
>>
>>89054198
Yeah, I only saw it a few years ago and felt the same way. Definitely one of the most criminally overlooked superhero movies, along with Mirageman and the first Hellboy.
>>
>>89054198
Burn is a really good song
>>
>>89054450

The Cure is a really good band, so that's a given.

"... dream the Crow black dream..."
>>
>>89054198

Very formative for me in what I look for in a hero. Superman and the like were always too perfect. But the Crow was just a bit above humanity, just enough to fight and win.

Aaaaand for vengeance. Which feels a little cringy at my age, but at the time I was all into it.

>ps the sequels and the series all suck. you have been warned.
>>
It was a major pop culture sensation when it came out, mostly because Brandon Lee dying during the filming which gave it cult status. Don't think anyone even knew it was based on a comic.
>>
>>89056714
I think people could be forgiven for not knowing that it came from a comic due to the fact that the Crow comic was never really popular or widespread. Also, the comic and movie are really nothing at all like each other.
>>
>>89056762
I don't know, I think they are fairly similar...they follow the same basic idea it's not like they reinvented what The Crow is about, but it's....yeah, tweaked here and there, the comic reads much differently and details are different but it takes the general idea and core theme and applies it as best IMO one could to fit the mold of action flick
>>
Just think - somewhere, there's a universe where Alex Proyas took over the Batman series after Burton.
>>
>>89056978
There is somewhere a universe where Nicholas Cage was the Superman of the 90s
>>
>>89054323
>Mirageman
I've never even heard of this before. This looks awesome.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.