[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Totally Awesome Hulk will have an arc featuring Asian superheroes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 199
Thread images: 15

File: C1hIiAuW8AE1gz3.jpg-large.jpg (131KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C1hIiAuW8AE1gz3.jpg-large.jpg
131KB, 790x1200px
I'm Asian-American. I'd like some wisdom, /co/. Why do I not care that this happening?
Why do I kind of dislike that this is happening?
I'm all for Asians getting more representation in capeshit, but for whatever reason, seeing this leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>89053419
You said I'd have my General Tso's chicken in 10 minutes It's been 20 fucking minutes. So where the fuck is it?
>>
>Let's take all the asian super heroes we're trying to push and put them all in their own little book.

Marvel is so fucking progressive.
>>
>>89053419
If you are feeling emotions without being able to tell the cause you might want to consult a therapist anon.
>>
>>89053419
Because it's so far removed from traditional redneck tier racism that it swings all the way back around and becomes a nu wave progressive form of racism. It's the same old dehumanizing shit, just repackaged and flavored differently
>>
>>89053477
>flavored differently
That's MSG, anon
>>
>kamala
>>
>>89053419
It sounds very inorganic.
>>
>>89053419

Because they're still being treated as 'the other.' Only now they're secluded in their own comic as a matter of joyous representation.
>>
>>89053419

i dunno but it's the same creative team the book has always had right? so just role with it
>>
>>89053455
Honestly, it feels like a containment book that Marvel can point to later for proof of their "progressiveness"
>>
>>89053419
Probably for the same reason why I don't give a shit about Riri or Moon Girl in spite of being African America. Pandering of that nature is more annoying than endearing
>>
>>89053419
Pak is a boring writer at best
>>
>containment book
>it's only for one arc
>three of those characters have their own books
I think you guys don't know what that means. It's just a superficial attention grab, plus I'm sure somebody finds the dragons in the background offensive since they aren't all the same type of Asian.
>>
Same reason all Marvel pandering doesn't work, because its too damn on the nose.

Instead of advertising hero who happens to be black but his story is the most important part and its a good story, instead they advertise it as BLACK hero "tune in as the first ever BLACK hero BLACK, takes the mantle from other hero and becomes the totally new and unique BLACK version of this former hero".

Generally the more on the nose they get with pandering the more people hate it, and Marvel will never understand what subtlety is supposed to be. Hell they've had black heroes, asian heroes, female heroes, and any type of hero for ages now. Yet they're wondering why people are suddenly complaining about the new ones "You're just sexist since you hate FEMALE thor" instead of realizing there's a huge difference with how they're marketing this shit?

Lot of people remembered Static Shock, because they didn't shove the pandering up your ass constantly. He was black but they weren't marketing it as though that's all he was, or that was the main appeal here, in order to appeal to Tumblr.

Its not that the idea itself can't work, its that they fuck it in how they keep doing it lately.
>>
>>89053419

It's good that characters from other backgrounds can get their own books.

The problem is when the fact they exist is the sole thing they promote and the only reason they came to be and there is no other larger story to be told.
>>
>>89053448
Fucking barbarians stole it.

>>89053419
Because you're not a bigot who judges shit based on how much they look like you, and the concept and characters aren't exactly a killer sale?
>>
Uncre Tsong
Maybe a mild fear that it's just kind of using you for marketing. Or it's disingenuous and you might somehow be missing out on the right way to do this.
Don't worry, it is. It all is. Companies never really cared about anyone. We were always just money to them. But if it's entertaining atleast it'll be a fun read
>>89053588
Koreans have Dragons right? Kamala can fuck off though.
>>
It's because writers are so big on representation that they make a story around it with no thought of who the characters are or back story, or even culture differences.

Like how every black superhero suddenly cared about War Machine dying. Like War Machine never interacted with anyone of them that much but now Storm cares? Hell women characters are often all best friends with each other, like seriosly they all are quirky progressive bores who share a hive mind. I find the New Fantastic Four story in ghost rider more believable because it's a joke!
>>
>>89053629
>Don't worry, it is. It all is. Companies never really cared about anyone.
If that was true then they'd be better at getting money out of me already by telling the stories I want to hear, instead of being shit at it.
>>
They are clearly just desperate to boost Chulk, Silk, and Kamala's sales.
>>
>>89053419
because they are doing it for hollow and shallow reasons
>>
>>89053419
Silly asian person. This isn't for you. This is by and for guilty white people.
>>
>>89053419
>Why do I not care that this happening?
Why do I kind of dislike that this is happening?
Congratulations, You're a human being and not a fucking retard.
However, this only means your suffering will increase tenfold because the world is filled with retards trying to get money from other retards.
>>
>>89053419

>asians teaming up just because they're asian.

Why do progressives always think that just because people share the same race, it means they'll like each other regardless of their differences in ethnicities?

Like, South Koreans and Japanese people have quite a dislike of each other and just really do not get along. The only reason that the two countries are on good terms is because they can't fight each other without China swooping in to take them both out.
>>
And here is our black book!
Can't have Luke Cage and Misty Knight hang out with Iron Fist!
Instead tune in for their team up with Storm, Black Panther, Black Captain America, and Black Spider-man!
>>
>>89053419
they have to catch up because the biggest profile Asian heroes up to now have all been white
>Psylocke's stupid as fuck origin
>Iron Fist is white
>All the characters with ties to Japanese culture, like Daredevil (Irish American), Wolverine (Canadian American), Elektra (Greek) all come from Europe

Nobody gave a fuck about Shang Chi for the longest time. He was solid D-list. Who else did they even have before Silk and Chulk? Sunfire?
>>
Kamala is Asian? Wtf?
>>
>>89053985
Didn't this actually happen? I feel like this happened and that it was Blue Marvel's fault.

Who is Blue Marvel and where did he come from? Why don't I care about him? What's his deal?
>>
>>89054014
She's from Jersey, but her parents are Pakis.
>>
>>89054022
The Ultimates, but they are led by YAS QUEEN Carol
>>
>>89054014
>Pakistan isn't in Asia

here's your (You)
>>
>>89053419
When did Cho even become the Hulk? Was it before Hawkuy offed Banner? Is Marvel still using A-Bomb or nah?
>>
>>89053419
As a Korean-American.
This is embarrassing
>>
>>89054042
>literally born in Jersey city
>>
>>89054042
>Born in USA.
>But her parents are from Pakistan!
Fuck off. Remove Kamala and put her fucking parents in the book, then.
>>
>>89054033
I thought Pakis were middle eastern not far eastern? Where the fuck do the Asian borders stop? Geography was never my strong stuit >>89054042
Why thank you, have one for yourself.
>>
>>89054067
>Luke Cage was born in the US, therefore he isn't black

this is you
>>
>>89054040
Ultimates isn't pitched as a black team, you can't compare that with this.
>>
>>89053684
Not only do they not care, they're incompetent, too.
>>
>>89054058
> Was it before Hawkuy offed Banner?
Yup.

>Is Marvel still using A-Bomb or nah?
Depowered ages ago.
>>
>>89054058
Before. Bruce was going nuclear for some stupid shit and Tony and crew were talking about throwing him in the Negative Zone and Cho was like "fuck you guys, Imma abosrb his gamma aids"

A-Bomb is no more, Rick Jones is now Edward Snowden working for SHIELD
>>
File: 1417140781108.jpg (229KB, 857x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1417140781108.jpg
229KB, 857x1280px
>>89053419

Because 15 minutes after reading it you'll feel like reading another comic.
>>
>>89054087
Are you being dumb in purpose? or do you believe Steve Rogers is Irish too?
>>
>>89054005
Jubilee, Jimmy Woo, the entirety of Big Hero Six, Hazmat, Surge, Daken, for a given value of hero...
>>
>>89053957
>China

I think you misspelled "America", anon. The only reason South Korea and Japan (since WWII/the Korean War) haven't actually shot at each other militarily is because they're both American "allies", and America wants a peaceful, profitable, Pacific Rim (on which they can station their troops and dock their ships).
>>
>>89054138
This.

If China tries to act up murrika would stop it on their tracks.
>>
File: 1413578263762.gif (499KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1413578263762.gif
499KB, 500x375px
>>89053419
>Banner becomes Hulk
>Wants to be left the fuck alone
>Everyone shits on him constantly
>Doc Samson/Cho becomes Hulk
>Everyone loves him
>Thunderbolt becomes Hulk
>Everyone loves him
>Walters becomes Hulk
>Everyone wants to mount her like the fluid druid she is

why is this allowed
>>
>>89053419
You guys always sound like the biggest cucks

No wonder everybody is making fun of you
>>
>>89054158
Don't forget General Maverick.
>>
>>89054158
Do you not get how hulk-ism works? If you've got underlying issues, you get a big retard monster form. If you try and fight the transformation instead of dealing with your issues by putting on your purple big boy pants, you can't control your hulk form. I'm a turbo casual and even I know this shit.
>>
>>89053419
It feels exploitative, that's why.

They're using Asian representation to build themselves a good image.
>>
>>89053419
10/10 pose, Amadeus.
>>
>all asian team
But who's the brains of the team?

We all know Kamala isn't because she's a dumb american girl.
>>
File: wasp.jpg (34KB, 340x355px) Image search: [Google]
wasp.jpg
34KB, 340x355px
>>89053419
>3 repurposed legacy characters
>Generic kung-fu man

why isn't huffpo or medium shitting on this
>>
>>89054212
probably the dude who's considered like the 8th smartest guy on the planet desu senpai
>>
>>89053419
Because Asians don't like other Asians.
>>
I know Pakistan counts as Asia, but considering 3/4 of the characters there being of East Asian descent while Kamala is the only Middle East one makes her look REALLY out of place.

Get Silver Samu-
>Mutant
Fuck.
>>
File: 51316861_p0.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
51316861_p0.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
Because ultimately, they aren't asian super heroes. By which I mean they don't exist in the archetype of what Japan or China consider their Superheroes to be.

They are American heroes flavored to be asian.
They aren't anything unique to the world of comics beyond their race. Their power sets aren't unique and styled in a way that's different. It's Generic Diversity. "We're a team because we asian."
>>
>>89054223
Eh, Cho is the only one that got repurposed, the rest started in their legacy.
>Generic kung-fu man
Hey now Shang was doing that before it was played out.
>>
>>89054245
I don't see how Hank Pym fits into all of this, anon.
>>
Sounds fun, I hope this story finds room for SPEAR.
>>
>>89053419
it was bound to happen, just let it happen. It'll probably be good fun, even if it sounds kinda tacky, which it is.
>>
>>89054267
they could use Quake, right? She's mixed, I think. Or at least she is on the show. I don't remember if any comic confirmed her ethnicity. I'm surprised they haven't done anything with a Madripoorian hero. It would count, at least.

Are there any Pajeet heroes?
>>
>>89054343
No, but they could always fight the loo witch.
>>
>>89054343
>>89054364
There's Omega Sentinel, who is unusable
>>
>>89054343
>Are there any Pajeet heroes?

Just this stalwart wee fella:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
>>
>>89053419
Bunching everyone of the same race together is now progressive apparently.
>>
File: Herc & Cho, Bros for life.jpg (297KB, 692x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Herc & Cho, Bros for life.jpg
297KB, 692x1024px
>>89053419
Is Cho Hulk actually good? I feel like it shits all over Cho's character.

If Marvel really wanted to push an Asian character, it definitely should've been Cho because he's based. But it should've been Cho as he's always been, a genius with no powers. They could've had a really cool book where Amadeus solves crimes/problems just by using his brain; it could've been different from the usual cape book, while still being fun & showcasing a great Asian character.

But Marvel had to be half assed (like the majority of these legacy heroes besides Kamala & Robbie) & shove Hulk onto Amadeus because they're afraid it won't sell if it doesn't have a brand name attached to it. Marvel's race pandering is so fucking half-assed, it's infuriating. I'd have no problem with this shit if all the new minority characters were NEW, not just different colors slapped on old heroes.
>>
>>89054390
You mean untouchable?
>>
>>89054471
>tfw Robbie escaped Champions but now Cho is invading his book instead
>>
>>89054471
I mean it kind of makes sense considering his history with Hulk but at the same time it feels insulting considering the half-assed use of him in Time Runs Out prior.
>>
>>89054343
>>89054267
Wait, isn't Nico Minoru an Asian?
>>
>tfw you realize Cho isn't the new Hulk, he's the new She-Hulk while Jen is busy being the real Hulk
>>
>>89054617
YOU'RE asian
>>
>>89054621
I like to think Cho is Kid-Hulk and Jen is the main Hulk.
>>
>>89054621
>>89054642
which hulk is red she hulk
>>
>>89054223
Because if Huffpo talks about diversity someone's gonna be smart enough to bring up that staff photo again.
>>
>>89054471
Cho hulk is ok, but hasn't done anything to really wow.

They've tried everytihng with cho. The cartoon even stuck him in the iron spider armor.
>>
>>89053419
I get the main three but Ms Marvel isn't Asian.
>>
>>89053419
Fuck this shit and I'm asian.
>>
>>89053419
This is fucking humiliating to asians.
>>
File: fuck.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
>>89053419
It's like that super special issue of Sam Wilson (I refuse to call him Captain America when Steve is alive), where all the black characters gathered to remember the death of Rhodey. Because he's black. And because they're black. So of course you have to segregate a wake in this manner. Out of "respect" for the race.

Segregation has revitalized itself in everyday life, by disguising itself as racial diversity and acceptance.

Look at this page. Nick Fury Jr doesn't even know any of these people. He blatantly says he's new. Which he is. He was literally retconned into existence for movie synergy purposes. But despite this, he "belongs" with the rest of them. Because he knew Rhodey personally? No. Because he's black. Note that this was written by Nick Spencer, a white numale.
>>
>>89053502
>>89054750
Kamala is Pakistani, which is located in South Asia. But it's clear she's only there because she's the most popular Asian character Marvel has right now.
>>
>>89054905
do they all have each other on speed dial or what
>>
Reminder that Amadeus' original powers was to be an Asian kid that's REALLY good at math.
>>
>>89053419
because like other people have posted, its still 'the other' or just generally still separate

representation is only 1 part, the rest of it is being treated as normally as any other characters, which usually means not having them team up for no reason other than race
>>
>>89054979
Yep.Because they're all part of the SECRET black hero community. I mean, fuck, they had BLADE on their speeddial!

This is just marvel writing horrible shit.
>>
>>89053419
Is this an american thing? All people whith asian roots feeling a connection, no matter from where in asian their parents or ancestors came?
Because that's quite odd. Chinese-american, japanese-american, korean-american getting together, I get it. Even though China, Japan and Korea hate each other, they are close, ethnically and culturally.
But asian-americans from Pakistan? Ethnically, they are closer to europeans. And culturally, I don't see what they have in common with east-asia people,
>>
>>89054905
Atleast he got Blade's character right.

"Fuck you guys, I don't fucking know any of you"
>>
>>89054905
my real issue is that they draw black people all in the same way, if you put a gun to my head and told me to pick out the differences in T'Challa and Sam Wilson's faces you'd have my brain on your wall. Plus Miles is the same, but shorter.
>>
>>89054110
Are they still going with Ricks plot or did Spencer drop it once the Democrats started to "WTF I hate leaks now!"
>>
>>89055040
But isn't the Illuminati the secret white person club? Black panther counts for being an Oreo, right?
>>
>>89054289
Reed isn't on Earth anymore so he's 7th.
>>
>>89055085
Well his plot line got resolved way back in Standoff, he's been the hacker for SHIELD for a while now.
>>
>>89055092
The Illuminati used to be the big movers and shakers. Xavier, Reed, Strange, Stark, Tchalla, and the rest?

Usually, big guys capable of big things.

At the time of the original Illuminati, there wasnt just enough enough high powered black super powered.

Marvel's added a few big mover black guys since then, but none of them have caught on.
>>
>>89055042
no, in america asians definitely split along many different lines and it really depends on background
>>
>>89053419
What is the point of anti-virtue signalling like the OP? It's about as obnoxious as actual virtue signalling.

I'm Hispanic. If a group of Latino Marvel heroes got together and made a team I'd think it was cool as long as the characters were cool. Maybe you're just a banana.
>>
>>89053419
Separate but equal.
>>
>>89054091
He was responding to the "who is blue marvel and where did he come from" thing
>>
>>89054077
Pakistan is near India, making it part of Asia. Also they have this rivalry thing going on
>>
>>89054070
Now that sounds like a fucking idea.
A mini that is just superhero teen's parents getting involved in some sort of hijinks

No super powers, just a sense of personal responsibility that comes from raising little shitty kids.
>>
>>89055220
See, I'm Hispanic, and I think that's the real creepy, insidious threat. People dont realize we're getting boxed in- SJW's are trying to marginalize us by creating safe spaces- or trying to create separate areas- or telling people that they cant experience somebody else's food, or whatever or culture...

>>89055187
See, I wouldn't mind if ANY group of heroes got together and one or two were Latinos. But so few of them are cool, you know? GR Robbie's cool, and sure, the new Nova's great, and he's latino, too, and they dont push latino culture too hard...
>>
>>89055309
>>89054042
Russia is also a part of Asia, but you don't see them throwing Colossus or Black Widow on to their affirmative action teams.
>>
>>89053419
>but for whatever reason

It's because you're 1) Stupid, or 2) Dumb.
>>
Holy shit Silk looks fucking gorgeous on that cover, how are her solo books?
>>
>>89054005
>Nobody gave a fuck about Shang Chi

I have always loved the son of Fu Manchu.
>>
>>89055309
Okay, but that would make them more middle eastern than asian, wouldn't it? India is close to Asia sure, but it's people aren't ever referred to as Asians as a part of a broad generalization (European, Middle Eastern, Asian, Burger American, ect. Like >>89055350 said, so is Russia, but they are lumped in with the European class rather than Asian.

Kamala just seems blatantly out of place in this line up
>>
>>89054887

How?
>>
>>89055370
The recent issues have taken a sort of dive, but overall she's so much better being written by Thompson rather than Slott that it's down right funny. Hell it even has Black Cat as an enjoyable villain.
>>
>>89055187
>I'm Hispanic. If a group of Latino Marvel heroes got together and made a team I'd think it was cool as long as the characters were cool. Maybe you're just a banana.
I'm Hispanic too, and I think you're a fucking retard. I don't want a specific team of Hispanic superheroes who look and talk like me. I read comics for escapism, not to be reminded of today's social politics, and I don't have expectations of opening a book and finding a mirror image of myself in the pages. Fuck that. I don't want to be "represented". I want to read a good fucking comic.
>>
>>89055412
Are the rights issues with Fu Manchu cleared up yet or is Shang Chi eternally fucked by that?
>>
>>89054271
>They aren't anything unique to the world of comics beyond their race.
That's exactly how it should be for American Superheroes. Remember the shit show of "Chinese superheroine whose superpower is constantly giving birth to rapidly aging superhumans?" That shit's just dumb. If they're going to be adding to the world of the comics, then it should be through good stories or interesting powers/circumstances like other good heroes, not "lol make him turn into a dragon."

All New, All Asian arc is still dumb because of what's been mentioned in this thread, but most Asian superheroes have been trash when people make the mistake of making them "Asian Themed" in some retarded attempt to try and make them interesting in any way but the one that works.
>>
>>89055805
>insulting Mother of Champions
>>
File: 1479700453384.png (185KB, 466x492px) Image search: [Google]
1479700453384.png
185KB, 466x492px
>>89055592
Well I think you're a fucking faggot. Why do you think all Hispanics look alike? Or talk alike? Not all Hispanics or Hispanic characters are stereotypes. Look at the difference between Power Man, White Tiger, Robbie Reyes, Hummingbird and Goldballs. They all look and act differently. And what the fuck does having a team of Latinos have to do with social politics? Is having a team of Caucasian people social politics?

This genuinely sounds like a /pol/-tier Caucasian false flagging as a Hispanic. If so, go fuck yourself. If you are Hispanic you're a fucking Uncle Tom. And again, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>89055072
>f you put a gun to my head and told me to pick out the differences in T'Challa and Sam Wilson's faces you'd have my brain on your wall.

So THATS why the artist put t'challa in costume
>>
>>89053419

Inb4 complaints about the dragons
>>
>>89055346
I think ultra SJW shit is stupid. However, I don't know about you but, I have white friends and asian friends and black friends and Hispanic friends. There are times in my life where I got along best with the other Hispanic guys in my program/job and hung out with them. I don't think that's isolationist or being in a safe space. It's just a thing that happens. I don't see why that wouldn't happen with superheroes too. You connect with people in different ways and sometimes a way that people connect is through having similar cultures/upbringings. That's not a totally exclusive thing for minorities. Everyone does it.

If I were to select a team I'd pick:
Robbie
White Tiger
Aracely
Miss America
Power Man
Miles

They're all Hispanic and all interesting and different from one another. Miles' Puerto Rican roots haven't really been explored yet so this'd be a way to do that hypothetically. But really I wish there were more cool male Hispanic characters that weren't killed off. It happens so much it's stupid.
>>
>>89056303
You sound like a racist.
>>
>>89056408
nice b8 m8
>>
>>89054119
Marvel doesn't like to think about their previous generations of young characters unless it involves killing them anon. Dont remind them Nico or Karma arent quite dead yet.
>>
>>89054022
>What's his deal?
Black cross between Reed Richards and Superdad who was a superhero in the 60's.
>>
>>89053419
Silk is for sex
>>
>>89053735
Ding ding ding! We have a winner!
>>
How are Marvel's diversity comics doing? Please tell me they're bombing.
>>
>>89054005
Well, they did back in the day. Shang was selling gang-busters, but then they lost the rights to his father and most of his supporting cast, and then Danny got hooked up with Luke...
>>
Pandering so hard it comes across as ignorant. Comic industry needs a revitalization
>>
>>89055446
They are in the UK.
>>
>>89056408
Yawn.
>>
>>89054022
Blue Marvel is an amazing character and you need to get over your shit and get on board. Ewing has been dropping nothing but gold with this guy for the last few years now. One of the most consistently well-written new-ish characters Marvel has.

And FYI, you're thinking of a recent Black Panther issue where T'Challa called in black heroes from across the world to help him in Wakanda because his people are racist and he'd get less shit for it than if he brought in his white illuminati and avengers buddies.
>>
>>89053605
They didn't do this with black pANther recent series or totally awesome hulk. Stop complaining about fucking BEndis as if he's every marvel writer, fuck off.
>>
>>89055313
The crossover of the decade!
Kamala's parents, Miles' parents, and Sam's mom get kidnapped by Hydra or brought in by SHIELD or hit by some magical whammy because of something their kids got up to. Jefferson and Eva have to rally the parents and survive while protecting their children's secrets. It basically writes itself.
>>
>Pak
Where is his family from?
>>
>>89058389
That's Korean, right?
>>
>>89054114
I want to fuck her while she calls me all that.
>>
>>89058398
Double containment.
>>
Gotta love modern liberals. Gotta intern all the slant eyes in their own book.
>>
>>89055633

They just gave him a new name. Zheng Zhu or some shit like that.
>>
>>89053957
Because Americans think primarly in terms of race, not ethnicities. For them sharing the same skin color put you in the same group.
>>
>>89053419
>featuring asian superheroes
Let me guess, these asians are limited to Japanese and Chinese.

How right was I?

Where the fuck are the other "Asians"? Stop using me as a shield, marvel.
>>
File: YrCFVxm.jpg (371KB, 696x1070px) Image search: [Google]
YrCFVxm.jpg
371KB, 696x1070px
>>89056923

Yeah, that's the impression that was given when she was written by Slott.
>>
>>89054077
You do realize that Middle East is in Asia, right?
>>
>>89058566
Cho is korean
>>
>>89058566

Mostly Chinese and Japanese, rounded up by two Koreans and a Pakistani.

Nobody really gives a shit about the rest of Asia besides India, and Vietnam (and that's only if the story involves the war).

Reminds me of Khan's first episode of King of the Hill.

>So are you Chinese or Japanese?
>I'm Laotian.
>... So are you Chinese are Japanese?
>>
>>89054077
>Where the fuck do the Asian borders stop?
east europe and russia
>>
>>89054077
>Where the fuck do the Asian borders stop
>In general terms, Asia is bounded on the east by the Pacific Ocean, on the south by the Indian Ocean and on the north by the Arctic Ocean. The western boundary with Europe is a historical and cultural construct, as there is no clear physical and geographical separation between them. The most commonly accepted boundaries place Asia to the east of the Suez Canal, the Ural River, and the Ural Mountains, and south of the Caucasus Mountains and the Caspian and Black Seas

Thanks wikipedia
>>
>>89056923

They've been drawing as pure sex on the covers for this.

Slott is probably ecstatic.

Meanwhile, Kamala is a little boy.
>>
Honestly this is less weird than the last TAH arc where he teamed up with a real life basketball player
>>
>>89058600
middle eastern countries are more closer to eastern european culturally.
>>
>>89055805
I think that's because again, you had a scottish dude doing it to reference the one child law because what else do we know about china?

Whereas if the work was put in to make something that was more culturally appropriate we'd get like, a journey to the west fantasy comic, or a super-team of the eight immortals.

If you want to do an asian themed book then maybe you need an asian writer or at least a massive weeb because the old guard of white dudes always tend to do some dumb shit. Like "Hey we have a muslim girl on the x-men right? Let's have her turn into SAND" or Japanese heroes only really being three flavors: ninjas, robots, and nukes.
>>
>>89059094
>tfw classic Spider-Man is ironically Marvel's most Asian super hero
>>
>>89059113
I honestly don't understand how we haven't managed to get a single big name henshin hero out of Marvel yet. DC has one. Hell, a whole team of them if you count the Shazam crew.
>>
>>89053419
You have no reason to care about them because none of them are particularly good characters. Cho peaked too early with Incredible Herc and nothing has lived up to that since. Kamala is waaaay overrated because muh brown waifu. Other two are just there.
>>
>>89058262
>his people are racist and he'd get less shit for it than if he brought in his white illuminati and avengers buddies.
Remember when Wakandans acted like actual Africans and hated other black people who looked slightly different to them rather than acting like Americans and pretending that all black people are one interchangeable block?
>>
>>89059310
So you clearly didn't read that post or the issue. They're foreigners. He said Wakandan's would give him less shit, not no shit.
>>
>>89059139
Because Japanese concepts of their superheroes is baffling to Western writers. These are the same lazy dipshits who depicted the modern Japanese military in Mao Chinese uniforms. All look the same is what many if not most Americans are guilty of.
>>
File: Red_Talk_Sprite.png (265KB, 457x427px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Talk_Sprite.png
265KB, 457x427px
>tfw diplomacy has failed
>>
>>89053957
Kamala is not even of the same race, it's just that her ethnic background is connected to the continent of Asia.
>>
>>89054014
>>89054042
>>89054077
Pakistan is in Asia. Middle East is in Asia.

Kamala is not of "Asian race", however. It's a bit confusing, since Asia has not just one race. Earlier, that race would be distinquished as "Mongoloid", but now it's considered a slur.
>>
>>89058600
You realize there is no good definition of continent and it's all based on hundred year old labels that are virtually meaningless today and the only thing that matters is shared cultures right?

Western Europe = European
Eastern Europe + Russia = Slavic
Turkey + Middle East + Pakistan + North Africa = Arabic
China + Japan + Korea + Vietnam = Asian
India + Sri Lanka + maybe Cambodia and Loas = Indian
All the Nesias (Micro, Poly, etc) = Pacifica
Sub-saharan Africa = African
Mexico + Central/South America = Latino
America = Burgers
>>
>>89055446
>>89055350
Russia's core lands are in Eastern Europe, its Asian territories are bloated colonies that gradually blended with the core empire long ago.
>>
>>89053419
Because when it's all bundled like this it feels like youre being pandered to. And to anyone who isn't a child it's an awkward feeling.

It's the same way as a b/w mix I find myself tired of all the BMWF couplings I see on t.v. Where are my BMAF or BMMEF or AMBF. So sick of BMWF being the "L-Look guys, Diversity!" placeholder in media. I mean Cloak and Dagger are getting their own tv show for fucks sake.
>>
>>89053419
Because the value is implied to be in their Asian heritage rather than their worth as characters, and they're only banding together because they're Asian.

And lumping in Kamala fucking Khan is like including a Brazilian in an "All-American" team.
>>
File: fc2.jpg (32KB, 582x597px) Image search: [Google]
fc2.jpg
32KB, 582x597px
>>89054955
I've met Pakistanis and man do they hate being called Asian. Normally they'll claim to be Arabic to connect with the Muslim majority and occasionally European for obfuscation. Hell in most of the Muslim areas around my area, being considered Asian is an insult because Indians consider themselves Asian and being classified in the same category as them really pisses of Muslims in general, especially Pakistanis.

Also you should see when a catfight between an Indian Hindi and a Hijabi Warrior Pakistani get into an argument at my college.. It starts of in SJW-like screaming then it gets physical real fast and most teachers/security don't break it up because they fear being called racist, getting sued, and/or losing their job. With this in mind, get ready to see Kamala get shit on by a lot of Pakistanis and possibly sour her identity even more.
>>
File: Man-Ape_Portrait_Art.png (4MB, 2550x1960px) Image search: [Google]
Man-Ape_Portrait_Art.png
4MB, 2550x1960px
Shang-Chi actually is culturally asian (Chinese), while the rest are asian-american born right?

Amadeus Cho has about as much in common with Shang-Chi as Miles Morales has with Man-Ape.
>>
File: San Guo HAHA.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
San Guo HAHA.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>89053419
>Marvel is so desperate it's going after me now
I'll stick with New Super-Man, no thanks
>>
>>89053553
See, this is interesting to me, because I'm a librarian in DC and I can tell you, for a fact, progressive white people think black people are literal animals in that they can ONLY care about black things. Look at the children's section of any urban librarian: it's 100% stuff like "Why's My Hair Knappy, Mom?" and "The Night Daddy Went to Jail" or "The Story of Some African Girl Who Saved Her Tribe By Bringing a Pail of Shitty River Water Home" or some garbage. People are fucking RUSHING out to replace anything classical or historical or real with whatever is the latest novel that EXPLORES THE BLACK EXPERIENCE or some garbage. You're seeing it happen at Marvel nonstop, and it's incredibly transparent.
>>
>>89061291
You and I have different skin colors, but we are brothers.

Fuck, I love me some Superdad. I LOVE IT SO GOD DAMNED MUCH.
>>
>>89058416
She doesn't speak English.
>>
>>89060608
Meh, most of Kamala's fans are white boys and girls and see her paki background as just something "exotic" and "diverse".
>>
>>89053419
Why aren't we getting more objectively evil minority supervillains? All the eeeeevil people are always white. Look at nuVenom. The second they said, "Hey, we're making a Venom who is actually evil again!" was there anyone who didn't think "white guy"? If there is a Villain of Color (VoC), they've always been forced into it by circumstances or personal tragedy or whatever. But the real, interesting villains are always white guys because those are the only guys allowed to be characters.
>>
>>89061302
Progressivism is the new white man's burden
>>
>>89053419
They put fucking Jeremy Lin in the last issue because hey Asian! Shit's in pretty bad taste.
>>
File: 71BDsniejkL.jpg (236KB, 1194x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71BDsniejkL.jpg
236KB, 1194x1200px
>>89061457
>>
>>89053419
Most artists don't get Kamala's nose right.
>>
>>89053605
To be fair a lot of the focus on race comes from 3rd parties rather than Marvel themselves.
I'm sure Marvel loves the free publicity and that's why they double-dip in it.
>>
>>89056170
>what the fuck does having a team of Latinos have to do with social politics?
Modern day diversity is all about satisfying personal and social agendas. It's not about real representation. It's handing an expired cookie off to the starving minorities and thinking "yeah I did good" It's bullshit. I don't want it.

>This genuinely sounds like a /pol/-tier Caucasian false flagging as a Hispanic.
>If you are Hispanic you're a fucking Uncle Tom. And again, go fuck yourself.
Christ. You're a goddamn fool.
>>
>>89053735
The writer and artist are both Asians.
>>
>>89057266
All of Marvel's books are losing sales. Even their top names like Spider-Man. But they're cooking the numbers by giving away comics for free in order to make it look like sales are fine.
>>
>>89054114
>pic
How come the Latinos get 2? That's racist.
>>
>>89061603
>Black father taking his son fishing
>Boat tips over
>They both drown
>>
>>89054905
They invited fucking Blade lol?
>>
>>89061446
>Why aren't we getting more objectively evil minority supervillains? All the eeeeevil people are always white.
Because it's literally white guilt that is powering this entire diversity push.
>>
What do any of these characters actually have to do with eachother?
Also
>3 oriental asians
>surrounded by oriental imagery
>+1 paki because arabs are asian
>>
>>89053419

You're angry because you know that Marvel is playing the race card to try and get you to buy a comic that will only appeal to you for that run and once it's done all the ethnic appeal will return to the Caucasian majority.

They're using YOU for money, not because they want to diversity the Marvel Universe. I sort of think that it was a gimmik to make Amadeus Cho the Hulk anyway. If you want ethnic, then why "Amadeus" of all names for a character.

I'm Filipino and I don't really care if Asian heros or heroines are in a story. I just want a good one, I like white heros and heroines.

The Near East was not originally Asian as we know it today, they were lumped with us for Colonial identification. Hence Kamala being on the cover as well. Take it from my country, some don't consider us Asian as well.
>>
>>89059094
Sunfire is sorta nuke-ish but really he's a straight up fire guy. Too bad he's a dirty mutie and Marvel is unironicallly genocoding them and erasing their history. How ironic.
>>
>>89059891
Don't tell a Pakistani you think he's Arabic.
>>
>>89061302
That's really not what an animal is, except in the "humans are animals" sense.
>>
>>89053419
>I'm Asian-American.
Because you're an American before you're an Asian.
We're just people before we're any sort of biracial pangendered otakukin. Identity politics are a trend for bigots who think they aren't bigotted just because they believe their reasons behind their bigotry are justified.
>>
You know it's funny as fuck when Marvel is dropping its Jap fetish despite the fact that for decades it focused solely on Japanese girls like Jolt, Armor, Surge, Psylocke/Revanche, Lady Deathstrike, Nico Minoru, the new Red Ronin, and Hazmat. Guess they realized people are coming on.
>>
>>89058365
Kamala's dad does look pretty fucking bear mode.
>>
>>89059891
Sri Lanka, Cambodia and Laos go with Thailand and Myanmar into a common Theravada culture and civilisation, India and Nepal into Indian
>>
>>89059310
That's pretty much only been the case when Priest wrote BP.
>>
>>89053419
Kamala isn't Asian, she is a sand people.
>>
>>89054005
>Sunfire?
Speaking of which, what ever happened to that guy?
>>
>>89053419
>Why do I kind of dislike that this is happening?

Because it's cheap, lazy and superficial pandering. Which pretty much sums up the vast majority of current Marvel. It's also why we keep getting shit events shoved down our throat every few months. Events and even inclusion of ethnically diverse characters could be awesome if Marvel was willing to actually put some effort into it.
>>
>>89061603
Those cracker cats, bunny dindu nuthin
>>
>>89061291
While I don't get the massive hype around the book, it's leaps and bounds better than the lazy shit Marvel keeps shoveling out. At least there's an honest attempt to create a new character with a fleshed out setting and story of it's own rather than using cheap gimmicks to grab the readers' attention.
>>
>>89068805
The hype is only on /co/ unfortunately
I don't know anywhere else that actually praise New Super-Man

It helps that one, Yang is both a good and accomplished writer with a good track record, and two, like you said, New Super-Man is more than a gimmick. If anything, his "forced diversity" is a plot point that is examined
Thread posts: 199
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.