[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

OK /co/ I've migrated here from /pol/ and I'm mulling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1483869686976.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1483869686976.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
OK /co/ I've migrated here from /pol/ and I'm mulling over a story that I would really like some advice on. Essentially it falls somewhere between Stoner comedy and deep philosophical ramblings of a Madman.
>>
Nice bait m8!
>>
>>89036435
let's hear it then. i'll save judgement for when you explain the actual content.
>>
>>89036435
Hunter S. Thompson's style's a bit dated but sure
>>
>>89036435
1/?
The two main characters are best friends who through a rather humorous twist have ended up paranormal investigators.
They are "agents" of a organization that is similar to the Men in Black but without the regimented order and skill. The organization is run by creatures that are not human namely what the old English called brownies and the design for these creatures were based off of the old brownie descriptions and the supposed aliens sightings from Kelly goblins in Kentucky which is also where the headquarters for this organization is based. These two friends inadvertently administered first aid to the Chiefs eldest son who was struck by a car next to a road. WellSpan a government-funded organization it is also in the shadows so the chief has sort of an Italian mobster air about him thus instead of what is protocol, i.e. murdering all human witnesses, the chief is impressed and offers them a job. Every single one of their missions has the same formula.
>>
Do you have any sketches of your characters? Can you provide a brief summary of the story?
>>
You have to go back.
>>
>>89036563
2/?

One friend is a bit of a sociopath his name is John and we are introduced to him as the violent emotional is and Dick joke spouting asshole type

The second main character is Daniel and is rather naive but generally good-hearted and likes to help people. Their dynamic stems from a very unique relationship where John tends to attract the more Fantastical and ethereal yet Dan tends to be more of a slice-of-life character. You synthesize you understand Dan. John drives your thinking forward he meets things that represent natural processes such as death in nature and pollution and Dan deals with romance and social interactions. And each situation you drop them into you don't realize the significance of either part of their not name it until they come together and put Dad's emotions up to John's experiences and suddenly it makes sense
>>
>>89036563
i suppose i'm interested. this is a cartoon, right? the only thing that puts me off is the "murdering all human witnesses" aspect, but maybe it could work on adult swim. what's the formula?
>>
>>89036563
For example one of the earliest missions is a trip to Guadalajara in which they are hunting what is supposed to be a newborn God. This God is characterized by a form of bloodlust and her followers will often praised her before submitting themselves to some form of minor fratricide or a mass shooting. She is characterized as Lady Death and often appears as your stereotypical Grim Reaper but with a painted skull. The John and Dan dynamic comes into play perfectly here as John sets off with a minor c-list character who he believes is nothing more than a translator. He leaves Dan behind to gather information and we consistently flash back and forth between the two. I don't want to go into too much detail but eventually the translator reveals herself to be Lady Death In Disguise and was trying to subdue her she gives us foreshadowing that death awaits and surrounds the both of them primarily John. Bus John his burden with a sudden realization that the business that they are in is extremely deadly and they have been very lucky to survive this far but it does not affect him nor does he have the ability to be affected by this news and so we forget it for the time being until it eventually comes back to Dan it's sort of a delayed response to all sorts of emotional trauma
>>
>>89036618
my first thought is that it may be too predictable for something i'd watch on the regular, but hey, repetitive formulas can work if they're enjoyable to watch. i love phineas and ferb. so could you throw out an example of a way dan's normieness and johns paranormal cuntiness do meet up?
>>
>>89036697
oh fuck, you did. my bad, i'll read that now
>>
>>89036693
Nothing really grabs the attention as particularly enticing or interesting about that, but maybe it's just how you described it I dunno.
>>
>>89036693
is that all or is there more?
>>
>>89036693
This formula is repeated several times for example John and counters a female nature spirit. She is for all intents and purposes psychotic and does not know where she is nor who she is. At this point in the story line there are various other non-human characters with him so Dan is busy on a side quest looking for something or gathering intel was John is sitting with this nature Spirit just trying to feel something. He listens to her insane rambling to all the insanity coming out of her mouth and just cannot muster any sort of feeling. Little occurrences like this build up and build up and for any normal character with a normal range of emotions there would have been some sort of outburst or arc dealing specifically with this. And it's not until Dan's input is given that suddenly the realization that this nature spirit is psychotic and out of her mind because of the pollution in the surrounding area. This is their Dynamic This Is How They see the world about them in almost every situation they are put in mirrors this in different quantities. For example there is a haunted Hall of Mirrors that they both go down and each mirrors shows a previous past life of the one looking into it. On the inside or rather normal looking people and he is quite pleased to find that he has Malcolm X. On John side he has literal scum just the most hated of humanity and a few non humans that they're rather confused about but it's not until he comes across just the most of the Bland reflection and for some reason he seems stuck almost as though he needs to feel something about this and it's Wednesday and offers this observation as a joke that may be the scariest thing is to be boring and not have any sort of achievement no good or bad
>>
>>89036799
i think the whole character arc about john wanting to feel emotion and being unable to could be compelling, but before you could really delve into something like that, you'd need to establish the characters well and (very important) make the audience care about them. so far the premise is more interesting than the stories you've thrown out.
>>
>>89036745
Sorry English isn't very good and and I'm having to translate from what I had originally wrote and kind of reformatting it as I go
3/? Either way that's the more philosophical view of the storyline the rest of it or more just whatever joke I can ham fist into the current situation. The first mission that we are on is up against what is actually a cave dwelling descendants of Tyrannosaurs which has evolved fleshy pink skin and a thick fold of the skin around their necks they have lost their front limbs and upon encountering them John shouts out "all my lords it's a giant penis and it's probably come to eat our penises!"

Another genitalia related monster later on comes in the form of Dan's internet girlfriend. They happen to be sent to Palm Springs California on a mission we're just so happens that Dan has just begun talking to a girl online from the same area they meet up and try to solve the mystery of dying horses in the area. Late one night while staking out at a local Farm John makes a joke to Dan that the best vagina is a shaved vagina and as they are sitting there a large Sasquatch creature knock them across the field from its top is Erica's lint form protruding hips up out of the top of the creature. Upon seeing this site Dan shouts out oh my lord it's a snatch squatch.
>>
File: 1472001926756.jpg (7KB, 163x136px) Image search: [Google]
1472001926756.jpg
7KB, 163x136px
>>89036916
>snatch squatch
the giant penises didnt make me laugh but that's pretty funny.
but honestly, i'm afraid the show as it is would have a very small audience. the people who are going to show up to hear a bunch of dick jokes are niche, the people who show up for subtle philosophical themes are niche, and the people who show up for BOTH (aka your intended audience) are very few and far in between.
>>
>OK /co/ I've migrated here from /pol/
Stopped reading there!
>>
>>89036435
This post taken alone sounds like you're describing Xavier Renegade Angel
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.