[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /co/'s opinion on Nick Spencer? Did he ruin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: p1QSKD2.jpg (115KB, 1200x803px) Image search: [Google]
p1QSKD2.jpg
115KB, 1200x803px
What's /co/'s opinion on Nick Spencer?

Did he ruin or improve Captain America?
>>
I'm amazed he finds the time to write comics from his full time job as a political commentator
>>
Superior foes was great.
Ant-Man started off pretty good but lost a lot of steam near the end
HydraCap is a fun idea
Never read Sam Wilson.
I hear Morning Glories is ok
>>
Shitty writer that gets a lot of praise on the back of a single book, ignoring every other steaming piece of shit he made
>>
>>89007318
Well it depends on what standard you're judging him on.

So far the story is interesting in that Captain America is trying to take over Hydra. Even though the political commentary is kind of clumsy and unsubtle.

If judging him on Brevoort's "anger makes better sales" statement then I don't think it succeeded at that, because only the first issue got a lot of sales but then the sales of later issues dropped to about the level of prior Cap titles. Spencer himself said that if the sales were the same the next month then nothing happened, which would be fine for a regular book, but this was a book that had fans angry at the reveal and had news coverage, so I don't think it succeeded saleswise. Assuming Brevoort still believes anger increases sales.
>>
I like him and i like his books
>>
File: 1445030490406.png (864KB, 1111x1111px) Image search: [Google]
1445030490406.png
864KB, 1111x1111px
>Nick Spencer
They don't call him "The King" for nothing.
>>
>>89007392
I really enjoyed his T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents.
>>
>>89007318
>What's /co/'s opinion on Nick Spencer?
As many good books as bad. He's fairly obnoxious on online, but it's difficult to give a shit.

>Did he ruin or improve Captain America?
Neither, although you gotta assume Remender had much better plans for Sam.
>>
>>89007592
> Remender had much better plans
I like that run, but the ending is so abrupt

> Sharon Carter is back, but old from being trapped in Dimension Z
> She says Zola's daughter was a spy all along
> Everyone just turns on her on the spot
> she runs off to be with her dad
> time for AXIS
>>
>>89007632
That wasn't really meant to be the end, though. It was lead-in to his Captain Falcon which only got, what, 5 issues?
>>
>>89007318
Spencer's a funny guy, and Superior Foes was Golden His Cap run has honestly been pretty fun as well, as well as seeing him troll both extremes of the political spectrum.
>>
If Superior was released today, /co/ would hate it
>>
>>89007661
I completely forgot about that, guess when the run ended and they did a new #1 I lost interest
>>
/co/ used to hype him, then turned against him when he failed to live up to the hype on a regular basis, then loved him again due to Superior Foes, but now the cycle has started all over because /co/ got triggered hard by Spencer's writing in one specific comic so it cool to hate him once more

>>89007681
Basically this.
>>
Remender's Cap run was so boring and forgettable that anything else is an improvement.
>>
>>89007495
Replace this hack with Russell immediately.
>>
The Fix is one of the best comics of 2016 in my opinion.
>>
He got lucky with Superior Foes.

That is literally the only book of his that I can recommend to people besides Bedlam but that fucking book hasn't been released in that two years now?

>>89007681
>>89007852
You're absolutely right because since Superior Foes got cancelled and didn't get a full run, it didn't turn to shit like his other books because the man cannot carry a series longer than 12 issues. It all falls apart because he thinks he's so clever with his writing but it just doesn't hold up.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.