[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the one responsible for Marvel's current state? Will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Axel.jpg (61KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
Axel.jpg
61KB, 300x400px
Is he the one responsible for Marvel's current state?

Will he go down in history as the worst Marvel EiC of all time?
>>
Marvel has been this bad for at least 25 years now.
>>
>>89001198
You're full of shit.
>>
>>89001211
No, you're just blinded by your own political leaning.

>Onslaught
>Heroes Reborn
>Avengers Disassembled
>House of M
>Civil War
>Secret Invasion
>Ultimatum
>Siege
>Fear Itself
>Shadowland
>Schism
>Avengers vs X-Men
>Age of Ultron

And that's not including all the events that were so bad no one even remembers them like SIXIS and Original Sin.

All of those are just as terrible as Civil War II.
>>
>>89001447
Why are you basing the quality of an entire company on event comics? That's a terrible way to judge quality. You're ignoring a bunch of good books doing that.

By that logic, DC hasn't been doing that much better. And that's definitely not true.
>>
>>89000941
Bob Harras nearly killed the company. It doesn't get much worse than that.
>>
>>89001447
Okay, so you don't like events. I'm talking about the quality of the entire line. Say what you will about Quesada's run, his philosophies, whatever, but the guy's tenure did some pretty cool or, at the least, important things.

>Ultimate line
>Daredevil's resurgence
>Brubaker Cap
>Immortal Iron Fist
>JMS Thor
>Civil War
Which, despite the fact that you hate it, was still a massive game changer for the industry
>Ellis' Thunderbolts
>MAX line
>Resurgence of the X-line out of the 90's in multiple ways
>Resurgence of the Avengers line
>...of the fucking cosmic line

I'll admit, there were problems. Lots of problems, even. But with Alonso I can only think of two defining factors:

>Forced legacy hero bullshit
>Events up the ass

And yeah, I know Quesada's run as EiC had plenty of events, and some of them sucked, but Alonso's tenure has churned out stinker after stinker. They're not even trying at this point.
>>
>>89001831
I wish they wouldn't shit on their old fan base so much in favor of a "hipper" demo.

I also wish every new book starring a female character didn't devolve into "My wacky quirky empowering adventures! With special guests: Every popular female Marvel character" Most of the solo books starring ethnic characters are fine though. Miles and Sam Wilson need work.

But the one thing I really don't like is how hard they refuse to learn lessons from sales trends.
>>
>>89001831

>MAX line

Eh, Alias, Supreme Power, and Ennis stuff seem like the only real successes there.

And the former two eventually got folded into the regular lines (which pretty much killed SP).

Still better than whatever the fuck imprints like Tsunami were, though.
>>
>>89001447
Dude. Heroes Return had some of the best runs of Avengers characters ever.
Marvel Knights was at the very least 80% gold.
Ultimate was genuinely exciting and refreshing for a while.
Even some of those events weren't at all "bad"
>>
>>89001831
The "events up the ass" bullshit is a good part of what's killing modern capeshit, Marvel and DC. Event fatigue is a real thing, Civil War II is some good proof of that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.