[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk Perlmutter /co/ Do you think Marvel would improve

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: isaac-perlmutter_3279449b.jpg (40KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
isaac-perlmutter_3279449b.jpg
40KB, 620x387px
Let's talk Perlmutter /co/

Do you think Marvel would improve if he died? He doesn't seem to care about the state of thaings as they are now.

Also how the fuck does he still look like this?
>>
>>88982041
>Do you think Marvel would improve if he died?
No. I think it could improve, but wouldn't. I don't think the problems at Marvel stop and start with Perlmutter - they may have at one point, but it's deeper than that now.

Note I am not one of these faggots hopelessly triggered by the existence of books like Unstoppable Wasp or whatever, but it's pretty clear Marvel books right now lack quality and their editorial is a fucking mess. If they could pull tighter together, start plotting, and get a group of core titles going that they can branch out with to appeal to different groups that would be ideal. But I don't see a Rebirth relaunch working for Marvel, and I don't see the motive to steady the boat there either. If anything they're doubling down on gimmicks to increase sales numbers.

If Marvel keeps to the current course I do wonder what happens if/when they crash, now that Disney is in charge.
>>
>>88982116

I think egos and bullshit are often at play. I think with Ike gone lots of fans could be happier. The disney parent company will always push what they have 100% control over.

You're on it though. Marvel has other issues going on. I don't know how much Ike is involved in any of the creative process, I think he cares most about money and where it can come from.
>>
>>88982116
That's just it, a guy where Perlmutter is should be the one bringing it competent editors. Instead we have all of Marvel ebing fucked in the ass by Bendis constantly, and writers trying to pick up the pieces to make things fit after his mess.

If Ike died, there's a chance the mouse would fill his role with an actual competent person. But you have to pull out the root of the problem, which is the higher ups who suck, and egomaniac writers who run around unchained.
>>
File: 1483814112744.jpg (43KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
1483814112744.jpg
43KB, 575x575px
what is dead my never die
>>
>>88982698
Here's the thing: He doesn't care about product quality, he only likes to torture his underlings.
>>
It's not just Perlmutter, though he is a problem.

You have Alonso. Alonso has the creativity of a mouldy sponge. He's worthless as an Editor in Chief.

You have a lack of editors - and worse, the editors you do have either have no spine or no power. No one reins in the writers.
>>
>>88983882
Well, no, he's just the Uber Jew. He's only pissy when he's pushed.
>>
>>88983979
No, it's the other way around

People have said that he's treated them more like an actual person after they've pushed back. He seems to have some respect for people with backbone.
>>
>>88982116
yes it will. Ike was the one who fired bunch of editors around 2011ish. No one noticed quality being dipped because we still had decent writers (who still did weird as fuck things like Remenders luminosa or whatever she was called) Marvel slowly went to shite since they left because the shit writers are just out of control.
>>
>>88983740
shut up you porta rican
>>
>>88982041
I think Marvel would improve if everyone who worked there died.

>Also how the fuck does he still look like this?
Because that's a photograph and photos don't age. We've seen a recent photo of him and he looks like a cross between Ray Charles and Danny DeVito
>>
>>88982041
to quote one of marvel employees:
" I am against everything that is X-Men"
>>
>>88984263
so much this
>>
>>88982041
I thought this guy was from Mad Men.
>>
I'm not exactly as well-versed when it comes to Marvel. What did Perlmutter do, besides the whole "focus on Inhumans" angle?
>>
>>88985826
Purged the editors and cuts any cost he can
>>
>>88983942
Quesada and his buddies have benn at the helm for too long. Time for a change.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if the mass purging of good writers happened because his pay is so low.
>>
>>88982041
>Do you think Marvel would improve if he died?
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2015/09/marvel-studios-ike-perlmutter-kevin-feige
He doesn't even oversee anything at Marvel Studios anymore, so no.
>>
>>88985979
Who gives a fuck about the movies?

He's still CEO of Marvel Entertainment, which is the comics, cartoons, netflix shows, merchandise, games etc
>>
>>88986058
/co/ is full of casuals like that.
>>
>>88985979
>He thinks we're talking about the movies

Are you an idiot?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.