[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wasn't here when Gravity falls ended. How come people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 517
Thread images: 170

I wasn't here when Gravity falls ended. How come people didn't like weirdmageddon?
>>
They answered the big mystery halfway through the second season so everyone stopped caring, just like Twin Peaks.
>>
File: 1483325700035.png (584KB, 728x696px) Image search: [Google]
1483325700035.png
584KB, 728x696px
because /co/ hates Mabel
>>
>>88959845
Because it was probably one of the least threatening bill episodes when he should have been at his scariest.
>>
>>88959845
Rushed
>>
>>88960128
This
>>88959899
Also somewhat this, but their shouldve been more serious mysterys after this
>>
>>88959845
It was rushed, probably should've been longer, and too much time was spent rescuing Mabel for her to have very little relevance in defeating Bill.
>>
>>88959845
Part 1 was decent, Part 2 was awful, Part 3 was disappointing.
>>
I wasn't here when it ended either. After binging the show it just felt off. Anything of actual importance was rushed while Weirdmageddon as a whole felt like it went on too long. Too much filler, too rushed substance. Also characters doing complete 180's on any development they had felt awful.
>>
>>88961034
Which characters are you referring to specifically with the development thing?
>>
They wanted a downer ending. Basically, they failed to realize that, for subversive as it could be at times, Gravity Falls is, at its core, a kid's show. It was never going to end on anything but a happy note and that's fucking fine.
>>
>>88961171
I knew it was never gonna happen on a kid's show, but I still think the story could've gone alright if Mabel died.
>>
>>88961065
Mostly Stan during the whole "everybody circle up" bit, Soos running off to be with his dad even though there was an entire episode about him being over it and content with the fact that his dad left him, and everything involving Dipper still going nuts for Wendy even though one of the earliest episodes that season gave him closure about it. Admittedly that last one goes beyond Weirdmageddon and plagued the second half of season 2 in general, but still.
>>
>>88961295
Also, Mabel still being a selfish moron who expects Dipper to sacrifice everything for her despite supposedly learning her lesson about that.
>>
I can't be the only person who was absolutely convinced that Bill wasn't going to be the main bad guy. He just never had that vibe to me. He seemed more like the weird trickster villain who's either the herald of the real bad guy or running away from the real bad guy.

When he actually turned out to be the ultimate evil of the show I was super disappointed.
>>
>>88961388
He definitely didn't come off as the series' ultimate villain in his first appearance, and didn't really come off as it in his second. (Though being singlehandedly defeated by a little girl that time didn't help)
>>
>>88961381
While irritating, I could almost pass that off either because she's 12 or because sometimes you get kinda oblivious to it with family, siblings in particular.

Then I remember how many times she got called out for it, accepted it without bothering to change, and ultimately giving away the space/time remnant at the end. Sure she may not have known what it was, but she knew it was Dipper's and still gave it away.
>>
>>88961618
And even if she didn't know what it was, it was pretty obviously important looking.
>>
>>88961665
It would surprise me if she didn't have even an inkling of what it was considering Ford and Dipper openly talked about it in front of her.
>>
>>88961388
Bill was better when he had to be wily since he had no physical form, had weirder harder to understand motives, and was more about his psychological effect on the characters. Once Weirdmageddon happened his motive was boring "take over the world an build big bad guy castle" crap without any of the surreal oddness of some of his earlier appearances and especially his AMA. Worse since he was all powerful he had to be both stupid and totally passive in the finale so that anyone had a chance to beat him and barley did anything despite supposedly having a central role. Keeping the apocalypse confined to one shitty town also ruined the great "oh shit" cliffhanger that kicked the finale off as the stakes just kept getting rolled back.

Basically Bill was really well received at the start and could have been a good villain but at some point somebody dropped the ball on making him more than a typical boring kid show villain in the second half of the finale. It's not a big deal because it's just par for the course but after all the clues and buildup having Bill be a big scary monster who runs after the kids felt like a cop out.
>>
>>88959969
Can you blame them?

All of the tension is spent in Weirdmageddon Part 2 trying to convince her that she can't live in her own personal fantasy world while the people around her die in the outside world. The momentum of the 3-part series finale stops to coddle a delusional brat.

Dipper constantly sacrifices his personal happiness for Mabel and just when he's about to take a personally fulfilling job, Mabel throws a tantrum and makes a deal with the series antagonist. In the end, he decides to once again gives up personal happiness for her co-dependence.

Mabel can't even say goodbye to a pig until the next summer and some poor bus driver has to go against protocol and risk his livelihood to make sure this insufferable child gets her way.

Mabel's a selfish, spoiled brat who constantly bends the wills of those around her to get what she wants. This is even brought up in-universe by Bill and she still doesn't change as a person or show even the slightest hint of growing up. Not once has she done anything for Dipper that came at her own expense. Kristen Schaal does a great job on her voice and Mabel's certainly a charismatic character, but the way she's written is so profoundly unsympathetic and makes for an extremely poor role model for young girls who watch the show.

The message young girls get from Mabel is "it's okay to cry and whine until everyone gives you what you want regardless of the sacrifice they make for you." It's a horrible message from a horrible character.
>>
>>88962019
When they revealed that the apocalypse was confined to gravity falls, It really seemed like they were building up to the barrier breaking and the apocalypse going global to show just how fucked shit is, but that never happened.
>>
The show started as a funny charming comedy based around horror themes. This was its appeal.

Later episodes deviated from it and final stretch was just a series of bland premises, lackluster comedy and at best generic comedy plots, like the election one.

Weirdmageddon failed to redeem it, producing rather unimaginative plot with some ill-conceived character interactions (I'm looking at you, Mabel).
>>
I can understand people being upset with how Mabel's character development ended up. I'me definitely one of them. But in what world does Dipper actually taking Ford's offer and it going off without a hitch make any sense whatsoever?

Dipper was always going to go back to Piedmont with Mabel. He might've postponed accepting the offer til after graduating high school, but him ditching Mabel at that exact point goes against many of the lessons and development that had been accumulated by then.
>>
File: 1482630307518.jpg (514KB, 868x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482630307518.jpg
514KB, 868x1080px
>>88962549
That's because the plot needed a reason for Mabel to get mad
>>
File: 1403920085263.jpg (4KB, 166x168px) Image search: [Google]
1403920085263.jpg
4KB, 166x168px
Why do we still have these threads nearly everyday
>>
>>88962652
But if they were never gonna bring up who broke the rift after it happened, what's the point of having Mabel be the one? It just makes her actions in Escape From Reality even less sympathetic.
>>
>>88962549
Because he gets the chance to do something out of the shadow of his twin sibling and get a chance to join the captivating mysteries that Mabel had only been tangentially interested in. Stanford made a pretty compelling case IMO. Dipper even reasons that Mabel is a charismatic, friendly person who can instantly build (platonic) relationships with people around her and that he can visit her or she him from time to time.

They were also turning into teenagers and he probably figured that at some point, she'd find a boy who'd mean much more to her than him. Hell, she didn't even get into relationships with boys and they still meant more to her than him.

The moment probably would've been more convincing had Stanford not been a rushed character who appeared as main character in like 4-5 episodes, but the idea of Stanford being this reflection of Dipper's potential is there and Dipper connects to Stanford more than any other character in the series.
>>
>>88962824
/co/ feels emptier without them.
>>
File: mabel.png (149KB, 600x780px) Image search: [Google]
mabel.png
149KB, 600x780px
>>88962206

It's pretty obvious the writers lost interest in Mabel in favor of Dipper as POV character but especially the Grunkles who were the only ones with satisfying character arcs and development in the end (and then mostly Stan).

Mabel mostly meandered in the background, as people have said making her have no interest in the mysteries or weirdness was shitty because it made her role secondary, it also kind of pitted her against us the audience who cared about the mysteries.

The big Dipper and Mabel conflict, the fear of them growing apart as they grew up, was never even really addressed since they brought some fantasy vs. reality bullshit in out of left field. It didn't make sense since Mabel was all about real life as a social extrovert she just wanted to stay a kid and if anything Dipper caring about supernatural stuff was more head in the clouds. Mabel just wanted to stay a kid but she liked reality she just liked her current reality. Her bubble didn't even reflect eternal childhood which would make it poignant it was just "lol 80s" randumb goofiness.

If Part II had Mabel caught in a convincing illusion and she really had to make a sacrfice and give up a reality with emotional resonance and accept that she and Dipper eventually will actualy grow apart to some extent it would have been emotionally effecting and shown character growth. Instead she never learns or gives up anything plus the whole conflict building since they showed her worrying about growing apart was totally sidestepped in favor of "well we'll always be together" which isn't even true.
>>
>>88962840
the entire message with mabel causing trouble vs dipper causing trouble was that

mabel was a girl and fragile she can't handle harsh punishments, pat on the head and a cookie.
dipper was a boy so his punishments have be hard and crushing.
>>
>>88962984
Up to and including straight up getting his ass kicked on multiple occasions.
>>
>HOLY SHIT MABEL THERE IS AN APOCALYPSE OUT THERE AND YOU DON'T WANT TO HELP BECAUSE I MAKE MY OWN CHOICES?!
>Lol no don't worry, i'm beta anyway, i will do as you wish.
>HOLY SHIT, STAN FORGOT EVERYTHING!
>Lol no he is fine lmao
>>
>>88961388
I didn't believe he's going to be a bad guy at all. Well, I guess he would, but I expected him to be sort of a trickster demon messing with all people, not a dimensional invader.
>>
>>88963098

Bill was basically Mister Mxyzptlk and Q at first and they were neutral. This show shows why. If characters are omnipotent there's no good reason they wouldn't just annihilate the protagonists if they were evil, so they have to just be fucking around with them out of boredom. I still think they could have done a better job with Bill but it would have been hard. Maybe he never should have gotten a physical form or maybe his true motive should have always remained unknowable, he could have gotten more Cthulu-esque as the show went on.
>>
>>88963036
This.
>>
File: 1444518033423.jpg (55KB, 667x587px) Image search: [Google]
1444518033423.jpg
55KB, 667x587px
>>88962824
Because Gravity Falls was kind of a big deal, anon
>>
>>88962549
Having the twins split up at the end is a good way to show growth. They simply won't always be in the same place together but that doesn't mean they can't still be close, makes them interesting reflections of Stan and Ford as they are the same but different.

The show never said they can't split up (until the end), just that they should be good to each other. While it would finally be a sacrifice for Mabel which would fix that whole issue.

>going off without a hitch
Life doesn't go off without a hitch, every choice does have positives and negatives but we are comparing Dipper getting a life changing event to Mabel wanting her brother to be around for her sake.
>>
>>88962973
>er bubble didn't even reflect eternal childhood which would make it poignant it was just "lol 80s" randumb goofiness.
Which gets even worse with Dippy fresh. She can't stand losing her brother, but is fine with creating a more perfect version of him to be a replacement.

They could have shown she had a real bond with dipper, maybe she felt she relied on him (and others) in some aspect, that could play into why she is an extrovert cause really she is scared and over compensates when really she can do it all herself. Instead it just looks like she doesn't like not getting what she wants.
>>
>>88963775
The whole stuff with the bubble just makes her seem more shallow than anything.
>>
File: 8484w458.jpg (616KB, 1200x1560px) Image search: [Google]
8484w458.jpg
616KB, 1200x1560px
>>88963775
It could have been a great episode if the bubble had really looked like Gravity Falls during summer and she really thought it was real. The bubble Dipper could have acted like Dipper but said, "we'll always be together, Mabel, things will always be just like this." Maybe she would think the real Dipper was an evil clone. The real Dipper could be honest and say that while they would always love each other things probably would change as they grew up because everything changes.

Mabel could have to choose to make the sacrifice to accept a reality where not everything would stay the same and they would grow apart a little and turn her back on a world of her forever with Dipper and her friends (who she couldn't tell apart at first from Dipper and her friends). It would have been a great character growth moment.

Instead the court scene was almost the opposite of this. Dipper gets her to leave by saying he'll always be there for her and giving up the thing with Ford. Now, I think the Ford apprenticeship was a bad idea, but it sends a stupid message, "since we will always be together I will always be there for you if things are hard." But unless Dipper and Mabel are roommates for the rest of their lives with no outside commitments or responsibilities at all.
>>
>>88963247
You could make it so he had no real goal outside of messing with people, making deals and chaos. That is simply his nature

Problem is that doesn't make for much of a final antagonist. But there are a few characters you could have had simply take advantage of this chaotic nature
>>
I know this has probably been discussed to death, but I still don't get why the stuff with Mabel and the rift wasn't adressed in one way or another during any of Weirdmageddon, or even in the journal. It was such a big major scene, so I doubt they just forgot about it, The only reason I could think of is that Alex truly thinks Mabel is 100% blameless.
>>
>>88964733
Mabel was just protecting her birthright.
>>
>>88964768
I don't get the reference.
>>
>>88964794
It's not a reference. I was just agreeing that Alex doesn't think anything wrong with Mabel into bigger words.
>>
>>88961388
>Dipper and Mabel stop Bill before Weirdmageddon
>"Kids, I gotta tell ya, you're making a huge mistake."
>Dude, you're straight up evil.
>"You think I'm evil?"
There is a rumble from beneath the mystery shack
>"I'm just trying to save this dumb dimension."
The portal tears open and begins sucking Gravity Falls in.
>"This is exactly why mortals shouldn't mess with space time."
>>
>>88965079
Alex generally can't write female characters, just look at Wendy
>>
>>88959845
It wasn't even slightly scary. Like, I know it's for kids, but really?

A bunch of non-spooky keyhole-head, 8-ball eye and pacifier sucking monsters?
Just turning people into a throne?
Fighting Bill in a mech made out of the shack?

Come ON.

Also Mabel was at her worst.
>>
>>88964733
I think it is more just lack of thought

Weirdmaggedon was going to happen, they just didn't know how and had 3 episodes
There needed to be drama with the twins
They didn't want to split them apart

But the best example is the Zodiac, it clearly does not fit with how the show turns out which they even point out in the episode. It simply had to happen cause it was a thing they wanted to do
>>
File: jGLzuW.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
jGLzuW.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>88964733

Yes if you watch this clip again I still think this is one of the strongest sequences from the series, maybe even up there with NWHS. But the episodes after it take all the huge moments and fallout from them and either ignore them (Mabel breaking the rift, just look at that expression of horror and regret on her face when she realizes, never even brought up) or undone (the end credits make it seem endtimes, you hear screaming an helicopters, then you find out the world didn't end and nobody ever even notices, no consequences, nothing changes at all due to any of this).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERj4O_v7_Ck

After this scene the Internet exploded and hype levels were super high but there wasn't really an on level payoff.
>>
>>88965225
So did Mabel just forget that she sorta caused the apocalypse, or did she deliberately not tell the others?
>>
>>88965422
She forgot because the bubble hypnotized her.
>>
>>88965833
No it didn't, don't bring that stale old argument back up again.

Even if it did, wouldn't she have remembered after leaving?
>>
>>88965833
It's really not clear anyone was hypnotized, them rubbing their eyes for a second could just mean they were distracted by the shiny colors, there wasn't some huge behaviour shift, also Mabel never mentions it afterwards ever
>>
>>88965833
She wasn't hypnotized. She was seduced by a false paradise and it's clear and fine. But the resolution is so stupid, you are compelled to make excuses.
>>
>>88965967
It's an argument I've seen a lot
>>
>>88966218
Lots of people grasp at straws to stave off realization that there is no god.
>>
>>88965422
Mabel didn't tell anyone because she fell in love with Bill and gave it to him on purpose and didn't want anybody to know.

It makes as much sense as these other excuses.
>>
File: Wendy listens to Robbie's CD.png (336KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
Wendy listens to Robbie's CD.png
336KB, 820x461px
>>88965925
>It's really not clear anyone was hypnotized, them rubbing their eyes for a second could just mean they were distracted by the shiny colors
Didn't Wendy do the same thing after being hypnotized by Robbie's CD?
>>
File: 1447982346928.jpg (194KB, 569x629px) Image search: [Google]
1447982346928.jpg
194KB, 569x629px
>>88959845
It felt rushed.
Many hints and clues littered throughout the series amounted to nothing.
Bill's threat had been exaggerated.
It wasn't as climactic as we had expected.
The relationship between Stan and Ford wasn't developed enough.
Ford's return did not upset the status quo in spite of it being everything Stan had worked for for decades.
Mabel remained incredibly selfish.
In spite of unleashing eldritch horrors onto the world, Mabel was still treated as if she did nothing wrong.
Dipper tells Mabel she was right to prioritize her feelings above his future.
>>
>>88966414
Alex Hirsch is not a subtle writer.
>>
>>88961465
I disagree with the main villain part, Bill's first appearance makes it clear that he was interested in both the family and Dipper. He also was the only villain in those two episodes that knew what the book was(many theorized he was the author of the books, believing he reach some lovecrafting transcendence) That said what's disjointed is he is doing a "job" for someone else the first time and seems upset he loses out on. Also I didn't understand why the barrier needed to be their, Bill seems like the type he be more angry he didn't break Ford and wasn't going to bomb the world till he corrupted him, it would seem more in character for a chaos god and would help the ending not be as bad.
>>
>>88966460
>Dipper tells Mabel she was right to prioritize her feelings above his future.
This is what I don't understand, what would have stop Mabel from staying there too? She could claim the same thing or just want to stay with her brother. That's at least what I did with my sis, she got a apprenticeship 2500 miles away from home and I just went over there with her and grab work so we could still hang out. We were roommates for five years before I found my husband. This show acts like if one gets a chance of success they have to do it alone and following them is never an option.
>>
>>88966694
You know, looking at all the episodes before, that's exactly what Mabel would do, she look at Dipper and say "Well I'm staying too! You said we should stick together and that's what we are doing!" and she likely pitch something nutty like being Stan's apprentice.
>>
>>88966803
That would have made more sense. If their parents would consider letting Dipper stay, why not Mabel too?
>>
>>88966460

Mabel being a shitty character is an overall worse thing, but it is relatively subtle - you only realize it fully once you stop to think how many times Mabel fucked Dipper over.
On the other hand Stan acting like a little jealous bitch is the most OOC moment ever, when I saw Stan refusing to complete the zodiac it was almost like being hit in the face by a punch powered by bullshit.
Stan is not the most honest person and he doesn't always have the best judgement, but there is no way in he'll he would refuse to kill fucking Cthulhu and prevent the death of everybody he knows, what the fuck were the writers even smoking?
>>
Hey, guys. They just released dropped lyrics for the Gravity Falls intro.

Gravity
Falls is my home
I will never be here alone
Chasing after the monsters
I'm right here with my brother
What's going on in this town
This journal, that he found
It will remain a mystery
The secrets of Gravity
FALLS!
>>
File: gravity falls comic mabel stays.png (765KB, 594x1941px) Image search: [Google]
gravity falls comic mabel stays.png
765KB, 594x1941px
>>88966854
>>
>>88967092
The spoiler text is shaped like a bullet
>>
>>88967085
>but there is no way in he'll he would refuse to kill fucking Cthulhu and prevent the death of everybody he knows
over a "Thank you" no less.
>>
>>88967378

DEEPEST
>>
>>88967092
Are you making fun of that girl that was chit-chatting during the puzzle, or rusing us?
>>
File: S2e10_attacked.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
S2e10_attacked.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What was the best episode and why was it Northwest Mansion Noir?
>>
>>88968375
>Northwest Mansion Noir
This is the most egregious misspelling of Not What He Seems that I've seen in my entire life.
>>
>>88968375
>Character goes from one dimensional to legit interesting
>Cool antagonist and visuals
>Shipping fuel
>B plot was fine
It's not that hard to explain
>>
File: 1467839835640.png (196KB, 342x359px) Image search: [Google]
1467839835640.png
196KB, 342x359px
>>88959899
>They answered the big mystery halfway through the second season so everyone stopped caring, just like Twin Peaks.

This, but not just that.
They teased that the ending would be dramatic and someone would probably die. Seeing Stan lose his memory made me think that was the loss, but they backpedaled on that immediately.

>sacrifices himself to stop Bill
>the sacrifice was having his brain wiped
>afterwards everyone is sad, but then he remembers everything
>"oh ok, we're all happy now!"
>THE END

WTF? That's pretty fucking poor writing considering how well done the rest of the series is.

>>88961171
>It was never going to end on anything but a happy note and that's fucking fine.

There is such a thing as bittersweet. It doesn't have to be a sad or a happy ending specifically. I just have a feeling the higher ups at Disney wouldn't allow anything but a super happy ending with no consequences and nothing sacrificed. They could have shown Stan happier now that his grim past was erased. A better ending would have been if he still knew who he was, but only had memories up to a certain point in his life, like when him and his brother were first planning to travel the world on that boat. Then, in the last scene, it could have shown his brother taking him on that adventure.
>>
>>88967804
WHORE
>>
>>88962824
Alex raped us really bad with his massive dong of dissapointment and my rear still hurts, I will never forgive him
>>
>>88962824
We miss the show, we miss the hype, and some people miss the shipping.
>>
File: BILL.png (476KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BILL.png
476KB, 1280x720px
>>88959845
>Rushed
>Poorly paced (namely, far too much time spent on Mabel being delusional)
>Bill becomes a generic big dumb villain who's easily tricked for the sake of making it easy to write
>Make a cool moment with Stan sacrificing himself to defeat Bill, and then within three minutes backpedal with zero consequences in the most insultingly predictable way possible
>Countless questions remained unanswered
>Just overall not very exciting and poorly written

It's like they went out of their way to put as little effort into making the finale exciting/interesting as possible.

Also, whatever happened to the statue?
>>
File: 1482712766250.jpg (450KB, 680x946px) Image search: [Google]
1482712766250.jpg
450KB, 680x946px
I'm sick of this, /co/!
What will it take for you people to stop shitposting about me?
>>
>>88969332

Yeah there's such a thing as bittersweet, but I swear there's always someone who argues that every ending should be bittersweet or that a show is only good if there's profound loss at the end or people die.

Gravity Falls had it's serious moments and even heartfelt moments but I doubt the show was ever going to have anything approaching a even a semi sad ending.
>>
>>88970087
Dress up like Wendy and make things up to your brother.
>>
>>88970087
Admit it.
>>
>>88970100
>Gravity Falls had it's serious moments and even heartfelt moments but I doubt the show was ever going to have anything approaching a even a semi sad ending.

If the creator didn't jerk people around on social media and say the opposite, I'd think it was perfectly ok it didn't. The bait and switch is what's upsetting more than the result.
>>
>>88970699

Nah, I'd still be pissed about how easily Stan gets his memories back.
>>
>>88959845
they did, but /co/ntrarianism runs deep
>>
>>88962824
Because /co/'ll never let go of Alex for pulling a prank on it.
>>
File: THPLaPg.jpg (941KB, 1582x2048px) Image search: [Google]
THPLaPg.jpg
941KB, 1582x2048px
>>88970085
>Also, whatever happened to the statue?

Uh there was a huge international treasure hunt for it.

The Russians and the Japanese found their clues in maybe five minutes and made amusing illustrations to go along with the hunt while the Americans sucked ass and fought with each other over everything as expected.

/co/ got its ass kicked by tumblr, reddit, and twitter but we did find one clue. Most of the people looking for the statue were more interested than promoting themselves on social media than actually figuring out the clues and puzzles. People spread rumors that /co/ was planning to sabotage the hunt and cut other site's "teams'" gas lines and kneecap people but /co/ was just being ineffectual retards as expected mostly.

People ran into the woods somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night and got hurt or totaled their cars or got lost or something literally car racing to find a clue then it turned out not to even be there.

Everyone took so long figuring out the last clue that Alex needed to help and another clue was stolen by nuns.

Finally some fangirl and a family found the statue and got the prizes but it turned out Alex had put the statue on disputed property so the cops showed up and carted Bill to the police station where Alex had to bail him out. Then Bill's hat dissaopeared and there were conspiracy theories it was stolen but all that happened was that it had become infested by aunts so the cops probably threw it away.

All of that is true by the way, there were 50 threads or something about it here over the summer.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/after-just-two-weeks-gravity-falls-fans-complete-incre-1784794817
>>
>>88970793
What prank?
>>
>>88970744
That's part of the bait-and-switch They shouldn't have gone the memory wipe route if they were going to undo it seconds later.

>>88970974
And just like the GF update schedule, that fucking puzzle took forever. I'm sad /co/ didn't contribute all that much but holy shit at least we weren't those people.

I think the fanbase on here is much smaller than everywhere else, though. I mean the subreddit has 42k subs. They were bound to discover more
>>
>>88971586
The subreddit doesn't do all that much these days. They mostly just post a few pieces of fanart a day, and most of those are posted by the same 2 or 3 users.
>>
>>88970760
I think that's just different people having different opinions.
>>
>>88970699

I'm never on twitter, and didn't hang on Alex's every word. Just let the writing speak for itself. So I never built the show up beyond what it was.
>>
>>88959845
Rather than flesh out the zodiac, the thing teased since EPISODE ONE, they spent twenty two minutes nattering about Mabel's terrible imagination.
>>
>>88973218
Yeah, Part 2 sucked. They squandered every possible chance they had for character development in it.
>>
>>88962824
Because it was just THAT bad
>>
>>88962549
>But in what world does Dipper actually taking Ford's offer and it going off without a hitch make any sense whatsoever?
The made up world where most of /gfg/ hides in
>>
>>88966414
She was rubbing her eyes because she could not believe Robbie was that talented
>>
File: alexTwit.png (300KB, 577x360px) Image search: [Google]
alexTwit.png
300KB, 577x360px
>>88971344
He faked a screenshot showing a younger McGucket as the author (implying the bandaged hand was where a 6th finger had been severed) and posted it on /co/,
alongside a legit spoiler shot of Gideon holding Journal 2.

>>88965833
>>88965925
>>88965967
>>88966218
>>88973218
>>88973265

Wendy, Soos, and Dipper all have their eyes dilate as the bubble 'seduced' them. It's subtle, but Mabel is under some kind of mind control spell until it gets broken in the court scene.

It would have been much more solid if everyone's symbol had appeared on the outside of the bubble as they fell under it's influence. That would have given us at least SOME foreshadowing of the zodiac.
>>
>>88966803
That would have been nice
>>
>>88968375
Because you're a shipper piece of shit
>>
>>88968375
Not What He Seems is better. 2A in general is all golden.
>>
>>88974392
Yeah, no. Is it really hard to beilive that Mabel wasn't mind-controlled?
>>
>>88974516
Yeah, except for maybe the Golf War, which was just okay
>>
>>88974581
People want to believe that the writing wasn't that bad. That there was an excuse for Mabel selfishness becoming a plot device.
>>
>>88970408
Admit what, anon? You have to be specific.
>>
>>88975899
The whole stuff with the apocalypse and stuff.
>>
>>88976174
Among other things
>>
>>88959969
And for good reason
>>
mabel a load
>>
>>88979102
load of shit, or load as in hard to deal with?
>>
>>88979392
Yes.
>>
File: 1483736654729.jpg (142KB, 1200x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483736654729.jpg
142KB, 1200x960px
>>88968375
it's a mystery
>>
File: bernie unverse.jpg (2MB, 857x4378px) Image search: [Google]
bernie unverse.jpg
2MB, 857x4378px
9/10 just with the show was longer
>>
File: CyxbuEkUcAAKapi.jpg (97KB, 700x900px) Image search: [Google]
CyxbuEkUcAAKapi.jpg
97KB, 700x900px
Would you a Pacifica? Or a Wendy?
>>
>>88980276
Neither
>>
>>88959845
The only people who didnt like it are rural and suburban retards.

City people all loved Weirdmageddon.
>>
File: ejed.png (179KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
ejed.png
179KB, 500x417px
>>88959845
>How come people didn't like weirdmageddon?

Unrealistically high standards.
>>
File: wendifica_by_chill8ter-dakxchr.png (3MB, 2555x3797px) Image search: [Google]
wendifica_by_chill8ter-dakxchr.png
3MB, 2555x3797px
>>88980276
yes and yes, with Fusion being the optimal solution
>>
File: S1e12_summerween_store_worker_2.png (633KB, 1280x718px) Image search: [Google]
S1e12_summerween_store_worker_2.png
633KB, 1280x718px
>>88980276
Summerween Clerk.

Imagine trying to do something nice and surprising her at work, only for her to grab and drag you to the inventory room in the back for a break.
>>
>>88980717
What would Dipper's chances be with Pacifendy? Would she say she's too old for him?
>>
>>88982412
my thoughts are that while Wendifica is still older than Dipper, it's by a much smaller amount(so like she turned 14 a month or two before the show starts), so instead of Dipper having no chance like with Wendy, Wendifica actually begins reciprocating Dipper's feelings after a couple episodes(with them becoming official sometime between the end of Season 1, and the first couple episodes of Season 2), also Wendifica has an overall more proactive role than Wendy did(so she's actually present and participating in most of the Pines Twins' adventures from the beginning, unlike Wendy who was basically irrelevant for about half the show)
>>
>>88962206
Why does /co/ splerg over every show without fail over something so trivial.
>>
>>88962206
It is said Mabel was modeled after Alex' s sister.
Kinda says something about their relationship, doesn't it?
>>
>>88980276
Pacifica and her massive breasts.
>>
>>88983806
Alex actually based Mabel more off of his personality.
>>
>>88985131
Wow
Either he's willing to mock himself or really hates himself
>>
File: tumblr_n0yh90jpbO1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (206KB, 576x494px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n0yh90jpbO1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
206KB, 576x494px
>>88970195
>Dress up like Wendy, check. (didn't stay dressed for too long though, if you get my meaning)
>make things up to my brother... oh I made it up to him alright. (wink~wink)
2 birds with one stone. There.
>>
File: Numbuh35_pacifica_ex_machine.jpg (158KB, 1024x715px) Image search: [Google]
Numbuh35_pacifica_ex_machine.jpg
158KB, 1024x715px
>>
>>88986059
"Hey, Dipper. What's up?"
Pinecest isbad_
>>
>>88986314
This seems to be a very specific thing.
>>
File: 1479348612230.jpg (28KB, 390x377px) Image search: [Google]
1479348612230.jpg
28KB, 390x377px
Dip dops was cutest Grabbity Balls character
>>
>>88974392
>4Chan
I wish they would at least learn to get that right.
>>
>>88980475
Having marathoned the series somewhat recently, I feel this is the case.
>>
>>88974392
Good one.
>>
File: fun_4.jpg (2MB, 3576x2114px) Image search: [Google]
fun_4.jpg
2MB, 3576x2114px
>>88986419
Admit it.
They are cute together.
PADIPPICA ALL THE WAY!!
>>
I loved the ending sequences actually. I was just dissapointed on how rushed the ending was.
>>
>>88959969
For good reason she's a loud autistic whisky brat
>>
File: 1475694305942.jpg (28KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1475694305942.jpg
28KB, 400x400px
>>88976174
>>88977084
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I didn't do anything wrong.
>>
File: tumblr_myofpceXPQ1qk0z6co3_500.gif (203KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myofpceXPQ1qk0z6co3_500.gif
203KB, 500x380px
>>88969332
>They teased that

Its your own fault for not having a life outside cartoons, I saw the episode with ZERO outside information and I enjoyed it for what it was
>>
>>88973218
>Rather than flesh out the zodiac, the thing teased since EPISODE ONE

That shit was never part of the show, that was just some extra stuff and misteries for KIDS to find out.

Again, the whole problem is you as an adult expecting being wowed by cartoons, specially Disney cartoons

If you want to watch a show with tons and tons of details, why don't you watch Breaking Bad, House of Cards, you know, something not aimed at children
>>
File: sense gnomes.png (136KB, 272x266px) Image search: [Google]
sense gnomes.png
136KB, 272x266px
>>88987045
>the "it's for kids" excuse
A manlet! A manlet, so say our ears! We shall send him to his beard!
>>
File: 1461314833947.jpg (48KB, 474x477px) Image search: [Google]
1461314833947.jpg
48KB, 474x477px
>hurrrfff it's foar kidz

You cannot use this excuse when the creator of this show clearly took this show more seriously than just that.
>>
>>88986939
Rift
>>
How many of you guys have a job or are preparing to work at making cartoons?

Because you should do it if you think you can top stuff like this.

Not even memeing, the world needs great cartoons and coherent endings.
>>
>>88962019
>>88962301

I personally didn't mind the initial reveal of the bubble, but there definitely needed to set up something bigger in order to keep the stakes high.

That seems like what they tried to do with torturing Ford, but between him not getting much development beforehand and the fact that his blink-and-you'll-miss-it explanation as to why there was even a bubble at all raising more questions than it answered killed part of that.
>>
>>88987207
I actually do have a cartoon I'm planning.
>>
>>88987099
What does Manlet mean?
>>
File: S2e16_candy_glares.png (736KB, 887x498px) Image search: [Google]
S2e16_candy_glares.png
736KB, 887x498px
Best girl
>>
>>88988113
Better than Mabel and Wendy, worse than Pacifica
>>
File: so thirsty for that dipstick.png (79KB, 484x451px) Image search: [Google]
so thirsty for that dipstick.png
79KB, 484x451px
>>88986332
>is bad
is it though, anon? is it really?
>>
>>88987418
Same, actually.

How does /co/ like subtle,dark,realist, conservative undertones in a bright and colorful world liberal paradise?
>>
>>88987148
>show clearly took this show more seriously than just that.

>Disney cartoon.
>cute artwork
>not being able to show actual violence

No you guys are just autist that think people are still pandering to you when they create cartoons aimed at kids.

Gravity Falls had a lot for people of all ages to enjoy but at the end of the day still is a disney cartoon

Hell, I think we couldn't have goten most of the visual stuff during Weirdmagedon on a kids show 5 years ago.

Is your own fault for being a 20 something dude expecting too much from a cartoon made by disney aimed at kids
>>
File: 1456870454135.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1456870454135.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>88988027
look in the mirror. that's how I found out...
>>
>>88988494
When your girl has a gaping wound big enough for your D
>>
>>88970087
Please finish your life
>>
>>88962824
It's just that disappointing.
>>
>>88970974
I'm still mad that I stumbled on one of the clues in the CalArts sublevel before the hunt started and assumed the Bill was fanart like all the other paintings on the wall.
>>
>>88989112
Pretty much
>>
>>88988278
/co/ is contrarian.
>>
>>88962206
>In the end, he decides to once again gives up personal happiness for her co-dependence.

But he later realized he didn't really want to do that. He ultimately valued being a kid and spending time with his sibling more than an apprenticeship he can honestly take at a later time.

I don't disagree with the rest, but people, particularly a kid like Dipper, are allowed to change their minds over what's best for them.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>88971344
>>88974392
As if this was the only time a series creator fucked with /co/
>>
>>88961171
I swear one day some creator will slip in a downer ending somehow and /co/ will herald it as the greatest ending in western animation.
>>
>>88991156
>/co/ liking anything...
>>
>>88987148
Using a manchild with anger issues as an example isn't really helping your case
>>
>>88988221
Yes
>>
Can this thread just fucking die already!?
>>
>>88988113
Almost.
>>
>>88993019
You're the one who bumped it.
>>
Best girl.
>>
File: dat pinecest comfy.jpg (249KB, 606x650px) Image search: [Google]
dat pinecest comfy.jpg
249KB, 606x650px
>>88992027
I dunno...

seems fine to me. mmm... soooo comfy.
>>
>>88993805
I keep hearing that word on this site
>>
>>88990694
Okay, what other series creators fucked with /co/? (and sources would be nice)
>>
One thing I'll say is that even though the finale was riddled with flaws, at least the ending felt like an ending, which a lot of series finales don't hate. Though they were laying it on a bit thick with this one, with pretty much ten minutes devoted to the ending.
>>
>>88994165
have*, not hate. Typo.
>>
>>88988221
Yes, it is!
>>
>>88986750
>PADIPPICA ALL THE WAY!!
They are 13 at most!
>>
>>88959845
Most people did like it, but they don't have enough energetic obsession to counteract the constant troll complaints.
>>
>>88994760
That's the perfect hand-holding age.
>>
>>88994885
>Anybody who doesn't like this is a troll!

Sure.
>>
>>88990660
The problem is, he didn't change his mind because he decided it's better for him to be a kid for now. Writing wasn't concerned with Dipper's welfare, only with Mabel's. Dipper saw what Mabel wants and realized he was wrong for not giving it to her.
>>
File: dip's my present this year.png (397KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
dip's my present this year.png
397KB, 598x448px
>>88994728
idunno man... they say the best part of waking up is "pinecest" in your cup.
>>
>>88994047
which word? there were many.
>>
>>88995190
Do NOT drink that cup or it's contents!
>>
>>88995190
Is this a parody of that commercial
>>
>>88995190
I doubt it tastes or smells anything like pine.
>>
>>88959845
I think a lot of people were disappointed that what Alex hoped would be a three season show (and if not that, two series and a movie) ended after two seasons. We didn't get a lot of time to develop Ford's character after the reveal and imho some of the writers REALLY disliked Mabel because a lot of the single-episode conflicts were her fault.
>>
>>88995331
you could say that THAT commercial was a parody if this OTP.
>>
File: that ''pines''-fresh scent.png (146KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
that ''pines''-fresh scent.png
146KB, 500x398px
>>88995335
not sure about the taste yet. sure smells like it though...
>>
>>88988113
Yes
The GF girls were of low quality
The fact that this loser foreigner is considered "best" in any fashion just shows what a low bar Alex has
>>
>>88988126
Nah, Wendy is better than Candy.
>>
File: too late.png (318KB, 1009x407px) Image search: [Google]
too late.png
318KB, 1009x407px
>>88995304
>tfw you've already tasted that forbidden pinecest fruit
>>
>>88995249
Comfy
>>
File: she wants the D(ip) so bad.png (56KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
she wants the D(ip) so bad.png
56KB, 500x417px
>>88986332
>>88994728
nah. I'm sure it's fine.
>>
>>88995403
Which episodes do you mean? (Other than the obvious one)
>>
>>88995304
>or
How would you drink the cup without drinking its contents?
>>
File: tumblr_mwqeqiRDfh1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (122KB, 586x514px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwqeqiRDfh1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
122KB, 586x514px
>>88996068
OH you mean this? yeah they are pretty comfy.
>>
File: so thirsty.png (214KB, 564x430px) Image search: [Google]
so thirsty.png
214KB, 564x430px
>>88995304
are you sure? not even just a little bit?
>>
What are people's opinions on Wendip?
>>
>>88962019
Bill didnt care about taking over the world, hes a batshit insane reality bending entity who wanted acid trip all of existence. Dont try to figure out Bill's motive hes completely nuts.
>>
>>88996396
Cute pairing with good chemistry, although obviously doomed.

Not as cute and chemical as Dipper and Pacifica in NWMM.
>>
>>88986750
agreed

>>88994760
that's the age when a lot of people start experimenting with romance
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbpr1l4mCv1qhmm6r.png (113KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbpr1l4mCv1qhmm6r.png
113KB, 500x471px
>>88996073
They'll be fine
>>
>>88996462
I think more people would like it if Wendy had more depth than a puddle.
>>
>>88996558
I find it easy to extrapolate her personality from what I saw, but I have no faith in Hirsch actually thinking this through and meaning it while being subtle.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbp4m3XxG61qhmm6r.png (117KB, 500x418px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbp4m3XxG61qhmm6r.png
117KB, 500x418px
>>88996510
pinecest so good you can almost taste it. twice
>>
>>88996612
I suppose one thing about her is that it's hard to portray her out-of-character.
>>
File: Dipper vs. Wendy's weight.png (819KB, 800x1558px) Image search: [Google]
Dipper vs. Wendy's weight.png
819KB, 800x1558px
>>88996396
It was cute, but ultimately sucked up too much focus when it appeared in an episode.

It would have been nicer if it only cropped up whenever Dipper and Wendy shared a scene rather than having entire plots revolve around it.
>>
File: 456629620770_n.jpg (176KB, 900x1069px) Image search: [Google]
456629620770_n.jpg
176KB, 900x1069px
>>88964492
This. I was very dissapointed when the chapter didn't turn out to be like this
>>
>>88964492
>But unless Dipper and Mabel are roommates for the rest of their lives with no outside commitments or responsibilities at all.
There's a fic that's centered around this idea.
>>
>>88997285
So, do you think as adults, Dipper and Mabel are gonna be more or less dysfunctional than the Reynolds twins? (From It's Always Sunny)
>>
>>88997339
Less dysfunctional in society, way more dysfunctional towards each other
It was a pinecest fic, if that wasn't obvious already
>>
>>88997598
I figured as much.
>>
>>88996073
Here's a pic of Mabel clearly not wanting to dip 'er dots.
>>
File: tumblr_ncv2rvLhHM1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (1MB, 771x1106px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncv2rvLhHM1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
1MB, 771x1106px
>>88998822
here's the follow up to that, clearly changing her mind.
>>
File: 1464557322527.png (41KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1464557322527.png
41KB, 300x300px
>all this pinecest imagery
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbp4foj30u1qhmm6r.png (131KB, 500x521px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbp4foj30u1qhmm6r.png
131KB, 500x521px
>>88998822
>m-maybe I should've kissed dipper in that previous anon's post...
>>
File: a normal reaction.jpg (17KB, 335x292px) Image search: [Google]
a normal reaction.jpg
17KB, 335x292px
>>88959845
>see gravity falls thread
>proceeds to post incest
every time.
>>
File: accept the cest ACCEPT IT.png (76KB, 356x455px) Image search: [Google]
accept the cest ACCEPT IT.png
76KB, 356x455px
>>88999341
>>
File: 1483834309084.jpg (614KB, 970x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483834309084.jpg
614KB, 970x1080px
>>88999680
Yeah, let's have the 153842th "Mabel is a cunt" thread, that's just as productive
>>
>>88999696
I am so glad that that anon with the Archive came around. I thought that the Pinesmoments were just lost to the wind. Having them back is amazing.
>>
>youve read the fic
what

I didn't know we had homework along with these pinecest pics
>>
File: thumbs up.png (40KB, 250x319px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.png
40KB, 250x319px
>>88999767
Eyyy. you're welcome. But technically there was two of us collecting that archive. me and sad. Can't take all the credit. It's still not complete btw. Just about 90%.

Maybe you can help out, we're still missing:
>that one fic by bumblebeepines
>the original prequel comic that spawned the whole Mabel's Dreamboy - S'gonna Be a Long Night - Limbo arc
>and DP's entire redraw of the "Prom Date List Discussion Comic"
>a few more of the pinecest pin-ups DP made.
>>
>>88995190
So did Pinecestfags just move to /tlhg/'s Lynncoln?
>>
>>88999726
She is one, though
>>
>>89000212
Incest coffee isnt exclusive to Pinecest. Personally I could never get into TLH. It seems like a fine childrens show, but it doesnt have anything more going on for me.
>>
>>89000212
Yep
>>
File: tumblr_oel2k342Ij1v17j69o1_1280.png (258KB, 639x480px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oel2k342Ij1v17j69o1_1280.png
258KB, 639x480px
>>89000212
Nah, the show's writing isn't as long-termed and the relationships aren't that deep. Lynncoln is popular mostly due to conjecture and shared fanon.
>>
File: pffff.png (63KB, 336x440px) Image search: [Google]
pffff.png
63KB, 336x440px
>>88999940
>he's never read any of the fics that's connected with the pics
oh you poor thing. you have no idea what you're missing out on...

>so much fluff
>so comfy
>so much tasteful lewdity
>so much jealousy and mystery and sweet sweet pinecest payoff
>>
>>88959845
it didn't fit well, they forced a big ending too hard
>>
File: _cTByQ2LJL8.jpg (106KB, 615x900px) Image search: [Google]
_cTByQ2LJL8.jpg
106KB, 615x900px
>>88999255

Russian live action version.

Also the gfpinecest page at vk.com has a huge archive with all of the DP pictures and sketches and more too.
>>
>>89000881
Do you think they moved on to reenact >>88999617 off-camera?
>>
>>89000213
I wasn't disagreeing, but we've been having reruns of that episode so much
>>
>>89000881
>girl pretending to be dipper
dropped
>>
>>89000636
well, I went back to that thread and downloaded them

h-here I go
>>
>>89001489
That reminds me, I once heard somebody on the site say the series would've improved considerably had Dipper been a girl and Mabel been a boy. I'm not quite sure how true that is
>>
SEASON 3 WHEN?
>>
>>89001526
don't forget the reading order:

>http://nostopwhy.tumblr.com/post/104724627662/dream-boy-au-masterpost
>>
>>89001572
I don't get why they did that whole "See you Next Summer" sequel hook thing if there's never going to be any sort of continuation.
>>
>>89001558
judging from the doublepines pics of it, it was practically just staring at mabel talking to herself with a different hairstyle. At least with boy dipper you could tell it was a totally different person.

plus there was only 1 girl who ever cries if dipper was still a boy.
>>
>>89001772
I meant the show itself.
>>
>>89000881
>vk.com
how the fuck do you read anything on this page?? I can't change the language from russian to english because the button's at the bottom and everytime I get there, infinite scroll fucks with me by super scrolling the page down lower...

is this website some kind of meme?
>>
File: face.jpg (109KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
face.jpg
109KB, 1920x1080px
>>88959845
there's already a point and click scooby doo game
>>
>>89001801
there would probably be less kissing. like pic related
>>
>>89000881
>has a huge archive with all of the DP pictures and sketches and more too

how do you even navigate that site? do I have to make an account? are the doublepines posts even tagged? because I can't read motherland-ese for shit...
>>
>>89001833
>I can't change the language from russian to english

It's a Putin conspiracy.

I dunno man, mine auto-translates and I don't have problems. Anyway the link to the art gallery is one the right side anyway.
>>
>>89002071
>how do you even navigate that site? do I have to make an account? are the doublepines posts even tagged? because I can't read motherland-ese for shit...

You don't need an account or to be able to read Russian.

On the right side of the page (right sidebar):

After the picture logo (Gravity Falls Pinecest Group, purple pic of Mabel and Dipper kissing on the right side), Followers, and Links, click on Photo Albums 5 link.

All the Doubepines art from her whole drawing career pops up first thing on the page right away. There are tens of thousands of other pictures too I think from all over the world of Mabel and Dipper fucking.
>>
>>89002462
>All the Doubepines art from her whole drawing career pops up first thing on the page right away.

...well pretty quick anyway, scroll down a few rows to see it.

The other vk.com pages I've found for GF so far incidentally (I can't paste the urls here so google them or something):

gravityfalled
bill_cipher
wendip_forever
dipifica
billdip
mabill
fordbill
pinecest_classic

It's a little-known fact that Russia rigged the election so that it could force Alex Hirsch to make Gravity Falls Season 3.
>>
File: tumblr_mb1rv5NMOr1qhmm6r.jpg (50KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mb1rv5NMOr1qhmm6r.jpg
50KB, 500x546px
>>89000881
>>89002308
Thanks for the help, but apparently everything there in their DP gallery is either in a really bad resolution, lacks the original filename, or was never really part of the doublepines tumblr. Plus it's not sorted in proper order either.

Sure there's some art in there that's not in the already 90% mega archive, but those are just pics that she drew in her non-pinecest ''limey'' tumblr. which is still accessible.

They don't have the original Mabel's Dreamboy prequel comic either, or the redraw of the "prom date list".
>>
>>89002462
>All the Doubepines art from her whole drawing career pops up first thing on the page right away
nope. the dp mega archive is more complete.
>>
>>88970085
>It's like they went out of their way to put as little effort into making the finale exciting/interesting as possible.
Hell, they got Lemon Demon to do a song for Bill and then decided not to use it. The Bill the 2 minutes of song it's a better, crazier, more threatening Bill than in all the last three episodes.
>>
>>89002611
Unhappy pinecest is best pinecest.
>>
>>88962855
That's the thing, Dipper is 12 years old. He doesn't get to make that decision for himself. And really what was Ford going to tell Dipper's parents? "That guy who thought was your uncle Stanford for the last 30 years actually isn't. I'm the real Stanford who you've never met and I'd like your son to move in with me permanently." Yeah that's going to go over really well.
>>
File: tumblr_mbnyxgL9Mu1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg (152KB, 506x593px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mbnyxgL9Mu1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg
152KB, 506x593px
>>89003097
>especially when they end up accepting it in the end
I know right?
>>
>>89003491
Especially when they ruin their lives in the end.
>>
>>89003097
>>89003491
>>89003600
Mostly because of the dramatic potential.
Like, change it from Dipper and Mabel to two original characters (which, for the most part, it already is) and you have Oscar Bait on your hands.
>>
So is there a proper archive or dump of all/most of DP's work?
>>
File: the unhappiest pinecest of all.png (159KB, 500x427px) Image search: [Google]
the unhappiest pinecest of all.png
159KB, 500x427px
>>89003097
>>
>>89003658
I posted it in the last mabel thread. search for doublepines mega at the archive. if the mega's down tell me and I'll reup.
>>
>>88959845
It was supossed to be a risky plot, but in the end it ended out being just bland. Not bad but pretty generic (Especially the fucking memory thing)
>>
>>89003648
Of course, you have to do a final scene set years later with Dipper and Mabel reuniting after breaking from under their parents' thumb.

Cutting all ties with their past, they start to rebuild what they lost from square one.
>>
>>89003658
It's the very last mega post in the thread with the incest mabel pic. most updated and sorted.
>>
>>89003600
they end up fine eventually.
>>
>tfw the best pinecest fan artist was some crazed probable ftm tranny with shit fetishes and a massive drama complex

All those fucking bisexual three way comics were shit
>>
File: tumblr_mamxueOl5q1qhmm6r.jpg (42KB, 369x354px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mamxueOl5q1qhmm6r.jpg
42KB, 369x354px
>>89003600
>>89003097
>>88995335
>>88995304
>>88994728
>>88992027
>>88986332
you can keep protesting all you want, but we know what's really going on here...

You like pinecest... don't you squidward.
>>
>>89003728
Yeah it's down. Thanks though, your efforts are much appreciated.
>>
>>89004127
Yes. Yes, I do.

I read a few of those fics as that anon suggested. Got a little more feels than I expected, but man, it's just so sweet to read this stuff.
>>
File: 1483614368068.gif (1MB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
1483614368068.gif
1MB, 600x337px
>>88988113
>not Grenda
>>
>>89004493
Fuck off with that disgusting ugly fucking ogre. Even if you are trolling.
>>
File: 1481350204769.jpg (145KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
1481350204769.jpg
145KB, 1920x804px
>>88980276
>mfw I'd do Thompson, Love God or Soos
>mow I'd have my way with Soos until he says "I'm gonna cum dood"
>>
>>89003600
I only like incest as a dirty little fetish. I cannot stand incest melodrama.
>>
>>89004540
Depends
Does being turned into a cumslut for Dipper make Wendy more interesting than a bag of mud?
>>
>>89004707

Yes. Very yes.
>>
>>89004707
I'd say so.
>>
>>88959845

After years of clues, conspiracies, and climaxes, we were left with a 'lole frat party'
>>
>>88962019
That's one thing I don't get. If he's able to control space and time and be as powerful as he says, why did he have to chase the Pine twins in the first place? He could've warped them to him.
>>
>>88959845

because nobody died
>>
>>89004954
Because if Bill had actually done what it makes sense to do/writing made sense he would have thought all the Pines dead the moment he crossed over into our dimension and the series would be over.

Or fine autists, made them into futa sex slaves in your fanfics the point is you can't have an all powerful villain be beaten by children and old men and have it actually make sense also it is a cartoon.
>>
>>89005022
You wanted Mabel to die too, huh?
>>
>>89004707

Well? Gonna help us out?
>>
>>89005438
htt ps://w ww.fanfi ction.net/s/12 294328/1/Shatte red-Ice

Here's a decent one I found. You'll need to remove the spaces.
>>
>>88959845

I'll repost what some anon said in the other thread:

after a solid amount of foreshadowing, the spooky conspiracy cult The Blind Eye Society was finally stumbled upon, and immediately made no longer a threat in a single episode.

a picture in the Northwest Manor implies that the family has ties to Bill Cypher
Pacifica's dad both fails to recognize Bill as that thing he has paintings of in the mansion, and while he does pledge himself to try and save his own hide no mention is made by him nor Bill about the Northwest family.

Despite selling it as a brother-sister duo, in execution its clear Hirsch only saw Dipper as the main character. Mabel gets only 1/10th the character development he does which makes Mabel seem like a way more despicable person than was intended.

A villain who is just sitting on their throne and only ever reacting to the hero's attempts to thwart him seems borderline harmless compared to a villain that actively pursues the heroes. This is why Bill felt so underwhelming in weirdmageddon compared to before.

approaching the end of the series, a minor recurring antagonist, Pacifica, has two nonconsecutive episodes that indicate she is going to become a proper ally, like Soos, Wendy, Candy, and The Thing.
That gets completely dropped and the way she talks in the grande finale its like those episodes never happened

a Big Deal like the author finally coming back typically heralds that the story has entered Endgame. That's the time for shit to get real. One breather episode is okay, but almost nothing but breather episodes until the finale is not.
>>
>>89005079
Then don't make him all powerful to begin with. Again, "hurrrffff it's for kidz" argument is just not gonna cut it. This series has way too many references and details in it for that to be a valid excuse.
>>
>>89005604

Hell, not even the references mean anything. Just because something is "just for kids" doesn't mean the writers aren't expected to TRY and have a plot that makes sense.
>>
>>89005092

If one of the pine twins were going to when Bill played his little eeny meeny miny you game, then yes.
>>
>>89005713
I've seen a lot of fanfiction that explores that possibility. They also usually make the scene a lot more dramatic than it was in canon.
>>
>>89005713
Better her than Dipper.
>>
>>89005921
How about an AU where another character is the one to sacrifice their memories to defeat Bill?

Pacifica could be an interesting choice for that. The Northwests are implied to have made deals with Bill in the past, and Pacifica seems to want to fix her family name. Furthermore, the Northwests are a family of swindlers and scammers, so it could be interesting to see Pacifica use that for good.
>>
>>89005921
What's Oppacifica?
>>
>>88999767
archive. archive where? WHERE

>>89000173
PLEASE
>>
>>89002071
>do I have to make an account?
Good luck with that.
>>
>>89005847
>They also usually make the scene a lot more dramatic than it was in canon.
>tfw teenage fanfic writers made a better scene than Cal Arts Graduate Alex Hirsch

Sad!
>>
>>89005713
Bill was going to kill Mabel if he'd snapped.

I knew they'd never do it.
>>
>>89006049
Well, obviously they won't have a demon kill a little girl in what is likely a spectacularly gruesome way, but a man can dream.
>>
>>89003728
I second that it is down, and second that there is a second person requesting it at this second
>>
>>89003728
Never mind it does not seem to be down. It just took 3 minutes to connect to the link for some reason. I think the other anon thought it was down too because of that. Thnk you for this

Heres the link for anyone else
https://mega.nz/#!615wBCQb!yG-uv4dD900elpF7x6YuzQGoaK9vgWF4GmCKdTRArIw
>>
File: 4wya.png (305KB, 790x880px) Image search: [Google]
4wya.png
305KB, 790x880px
>>89006082
>Well, obviously they won't have a demon kill a little girl in what is likely a spectacularly gruesome way

They could have softened it by having Bill just rape her instead for the family-friendly version.
>>
File: 1481861486141.png (317KB, 868x1228px) Image search: [Google]
1481861486141.png
317KB, 868x1228px
>>89006003
Pacifica with large oppai*

*oppai means breasts desu
>>
>>89005847
Link?
>>
>>89006238
Well, I posted a link, but for some reason the post got deleted.
>>
>>89006238
You guys looking for shit where Mabel gets killed are kind of fucked up.
>>
>>89006266
Why?
>>
>>89006288
Because fictional people are real too, consider their fictional feelings!
>>
>>89006238
I don't think you're allowed to post links to fanfiction sties on co, but the fic is called Mabel's Guide to Apologies
>>
>>89006288
>>89006295
FICTION

IS

REALITY
>>
>>89006385
it's true i read some porn once and then it all happened in my living room and congress passed a bill making the orgy mandatory for everyone
>>
>>89006137
Does this have DP fics not just pics?
>>
>>89006266
I just like Ghost Mabel stuff.
>>
>>89006713
It's pretty rare, though
>>
>>88959845
Not enough Thomas
>>
>>89004540
Fanfics? Not a whole lot. Fanart? Depends; how do you feel about muscle growth?
>>
>>89005921
>Oppaicifica preferred, but I'll hear suggestions.
Pacifica comes to Dipper for help when it turns out dispelling the Lumberjack Ghost's curse left her blessed with "ever-fruitful bounty."
>>
>>89004597
>"I'm gonna cum dood"

Read it with his voice.
>>
File: tumblr_nv54221zNF1rx8ldco1_1280.jpg (357KB, 1280x936px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nv54221zNF1rx8ldco1_1280.jpg
357KB, 1280x936px
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbp4gsDsO91qhmm6r.png (144KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbp4gsDsO91qhmm6r.png
144KB, 500x441px
>>89004609
you're missing out. the drama adds flavor for when the incest gets bland. Like jealousy, which is the spice of love.

not to mention scenarios that lead to:
>hatesex
>make-up sex
>angry, passionate, deep kissing makeouts
>>
>>89004432
>it's just so sweet to read this stuff
it really is.
>>
>>
File: tumblr_n7qkfhRegy1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (398KB, 570x477px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7qkfhRegy1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
398KB, 570x477px
>>89006555
that archive only contains the DP pics

here's the links to the fics either connected to the pics, inspired the pics or was inspired by the dp pics:

>doublepinecest written by the original artist
https://mega.nz/#!EIRE1QbI!v-U6FrUCJ_0UH8MYmpujpc1A46MDvZnZUsFZoLV-kIE

>by others either related to or inspired:
https://mega.nz/#!tRpxxA4D!DMWK1vzkDa-iEgp3YLy3gODVU0Ft4AFcf-3iwOm-b3Q
>>
Did we ever recover some of the live threads like The Last Mabelcorn one or are they still lost?
>>
>>
>>
>>89010032
I wonder why Padippica didn't draw the same kind of response as pinecest in terms of creative content.

You would think they would be an instant pairing favorite.
>>
>PacificaxDipper
Good influence on each other. Cute contrast. Good episode together
>WendyxDipper
Cute together. Wendy is supportive and understanding and cares about him.
>CandyxDipper
A cute dork pairing but abysmal focus episode
>MabelxDipper
Incest is hilarious and forbidden love is entertaining, but they are bad influence on each other
>TambryxDipper
I gave that biych a crack ship. Bitches love crack ships.
>>
>>89003097
source?
>>
File: tumblr_n5chnsciYc1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (493KB, 665x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5chnsciYc1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
493KB, 665x500px
>>89010079
>because kissing "cash moneyville" just isn't as delicious as kissing "sweater town"
it's just not the same man...
>>
>you will never have your own twin fuck-buddy

Just end my life already.
>>
>>89009434
You know, if the genders were swapped in the formula for a lot of these pinecest stories, guyMabel would come across as an absolute creep.
>>
File: tumblr_nfj46lOl3Q1rg7xfqo1_540.png (271KB, 535x792px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nfj46lOl3Q1rg7xfqo1_540.png
271KB, 535x792px
>>89010201
>I know that feel
murder suicide pact?

murder suicide pact.
>>
File: tumblr_nwljsdVQC21rg7xfqo2_1280.png (1017KB, 950x591px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwljsdVQC21rg7xfqo2_1280.png
1017KB, 950x591px
>>89010302
but will there still be kissing? there'll still be passionate kissing and snuggling right?
>>
File: footloose noir.png (442KB, 1024x1129px) Image search: [Google]
footloose noir.png
442KB, 1024x1129px
>>89010091
too cute
>>
>>89010346
Sure, but it would all be uncomfortable and unreciprocated.

guyMabel would keep crossing lines, much to galDipper's chagrin. Always getting too handsy, stealing her first kiss and laughing it off when she slaps him and runs to her room crying.

He wouldn't stop until he wears her down, and she'd reluctantly give in if only in hopes that he'd finally stop after getting what he wanted.
>>
>>
>>89009971
There was a time capsule someone posted but it used a dead archive for many links. So probably not.
>>
>>89010302
So when a guy does it it's creepy, but when a girl does it, it isn't?
>>
File: tumblr_nxuh2lh3yP1rg7xfqo3_1280.png (174KB, 738x499px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxuh2lh3yP1rg7xfqo3_1280.png
174KB, 738x499px
>>89010702
>>89010413
>something something double standards
either that or girl dipper would be into it anyway. cue awkward sibling hug.

someone needs to write a fic of that
>>
File: tumblr_mq69di5lQp1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg (271KB, 530x623px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mq69di5lQp1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg
271KB, 530x623px
>>89010302
>>89010346
>>89010413
>>89010702
I probably wouldn't be able to tell them apart if they had the same haircut.
>>
>>89011125
That short hair 10/10.
>>
Can we please not turn this into a DoublePenis thread..?
>>
File: 1482618385899.jpg (192KB, 384x530px) Image search: [Google]
1482618385899.jpg
192KB, 384x530px
Let's talk about how Dipper would realistically end up

>lonely
>the butt of everyone's jokes at the lunch table
>probably browsing /r9k/ or r/redpill
>would probably get BTFO while chasing Wendy
>>
File: tumblr_mpv1u2eiTT1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg (278KB, 597x595px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpv1u2eiTT1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg
278KB, 597x595px
>>89011366
have another one.
>>
>>89011436
A little late for that.
>>
>>89011519
This one's even cuter than the last one. 10.5/10
>>
File: tumblr_n1ldrtibCr1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (116KB, 534x489px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1ldrtibCr1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
116KB, 534x489px
>>89011436
>nofun.jpg
"Hey Dipper, check out this faggot not wanting pinecest."

"Haha. Where the hell has he been all this time?"
>>
File: tumblr_mpv1u2eiTT1rg7xfqo2_1280.jpg (278KB, 596x592px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpv1u2eiTT1rg7xfqo2_1280.jpg
278KB, 596x592px
>>89011436
>this guy
he's just upset cause Pinecest if Funcest.
>>
>>89003600
I swear this person intentionally dresses Dipper like a Winchester.
>>
>>89011686
well the artist is a girl I think so yeah of course she likes Supernatural.
>>
File: Wedding Bells.jpg (155KB, 979x1087px) Image search: [Google]
Wedding Bells.jpg
155KB, 979x1087px
>>89010360
In a better world, they'd be end game.
>>
File: tumblr_ms9e19P8tu1qjo6cpo4_1280.png (206KB, 406x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms9e19P8tu1qjo6cpo4_1280.png
206KB, 406x600px
>Beautiful Cinnamon Dork Too Good For This World, Too Pure

GRAVITY FALLS, OR-- Citing the lady's sublime, inviting charisma and the alluring glint reflecting off it's gaze, sources confirmed Thursday that a beautiful cinnamon girl was simply too pure for this world, too perfect.

"Look at this angelic perfection. Never in my life have I laid eyes on such an immaculate girl, nor glimpsed a hair as delectably golden brown in hue," exclaimed brotherly follower Dipper Pines before realizing that perhaps such a flawless, delicate work of art was not meant for this earthly realm.

"Alas, we toil in far too cold and dark a world for such cinnamoned purity such as this, such perfection, whose rich, butterfly brilliance conjures the divine."

As of press time, the cinnamon girl had been kissed along with a medium cup of Folger's Pinecest coffee.
>>
File: 1437317009118.png (508KB, 850x679px) Image search: [Google]
1437317009118.png
508KB, 850x679px
To all Pincesters
>>
File: plantingapinetree.jpg (703KB, 966x751px) Image search: [Google]
plantingapinetree.jpg
703KB, 966x751px
>>
>>89012398
>>
>>89013592
>Mabel thought she was being subtle
>it wasn't subtle at all
>now everyone in class knows that the Pines like to plant in familial ground
>>
File: wendyStareWall.gif (958KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
wendyStareWall.gif
958KB, 500x281px
>>89011499
>Let's talk about how Dipper would realistically end up
-Witnessed non-human sapient species eating their elderly
-Traveled to the dystopian future
-interacted with abominations beyond time and space
-Has seen evidence we are not alone in the universe
-witnessed multiple instances of ghosts and an existence beyond the pale of death

Honestly, being Ford's apprentice would be the wisest career path in the GF world.
Not to mention the endless teasing for wearing Wendy's hat.
>>
File: large.jpg (22KB, 500x464px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
22KB, 500x464px
>>89013592
>>
>>89011125
That's a really good looking version of Mabel
>>
>>89013592
Oh, god, this gave me the horrible image in my head of a GF reboot without any of the original crew involved, and with memes thrown in as """"jokes""""
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nbpqxyYsxE1qhmm6r.png (102KB, 500x478px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nbpqxyYsxE1qhmm6r.png
102KB, 500x478px
>>89014029
>meanwhile, inside dipper's headspace
>>
>>89014029
this kind of "NO"?
>>
File: e4c.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
e4c.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>89014251
>that episode where Wendy teaches Mabel how to twerk
>>
>>89014518
>>
File: pinecest_by_cloudyshin-d7f2dmu.png (81KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
pinecest_by_cloudyshin-d7f2dmu.png
81KB, 500x400px
>>89014029
>"NO."
>>
File: 1482767484213.jpg (843KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482767484213.jpg
843KB, 1920x1080px
>>89014518
I wonder if there were edits for pic related
>>
>>89014029
>>89014518
ORRRR--

now hear me out here...

How about we...

keep going and see what happens?
>>
File: 1482680462044.jpg (341KB, 658x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1482680462044.jpg
341KB, 658x1032px
>>89014540
>it's called a "mem," Dipper
>>
I really liked Weirdmageddon, Bill seemed like a really threatening villain and the constant bait and switches with how to defeat him made the entire battle really satisfying.

I liked that the prophecy was just a red herring too.
>>
>>89014900
It won't end well.
>>
File: DKdIJSl.gif (2MB, 595x329px) Image search: [Google]
DKdIJSl.gif
2MB, 595x329px
The twins react to Pinecest
>>
>>89015747
>Soos: That's weird, dood
>>
>>89015329

Well, that's depressing.
>>
>>88959845
The three biggest sins were:

Bill's motives made clear. He should have just been left vague or at the very least unstable. Like the dome keeping him Gravity falls, he should have had more and interest in it being removed for the sake of it being gone then world domination, Bill seems like the type he be angry over limitations then anything else. Also it would have added tension not knowing what Bill wanted with the world.

Three episodes that had more filler than plot explanation. I get if they only had two episodes but with three I'm absolutely dumbfounded how they couldn't have put more time into answering question and framing a real sense of crisis.

Insanely out of character moments. This was more of a sin of the show as a whole where Mabel would learn her lesson only to repeat it on several episodes. The biggest pain of it in Weirdmageddon was Stan's refusal to create the circle that would stop Bill over not being thank by his brother for the rescues that happen. I feel it would have held up better if they discovered the solution to beating Bill before finding Ford and the argument occurred before the circle was made.
>>
File: tumblr_mr0671qtL21rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg (465KB, 544x869px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mr0671qtL21rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg
465KB, 544x869px
>>89015329
>>89016211
Nah, they're good. They secretly run away and meet up after a while.
>>
>>89015747
>>89016202
>>
>>89015747
>>89014029
>>89011436
>>
>>89014029
>>89014403
c'mon even wendy ships you guys.
>>
>>89014518
y'can't say no forever mabes. we know you wan't the D.
>>
>>89011499
>would probably get BTFO while chasing Wendy
>>
>we will never get a Gravity Falls video game which serves as a continuation of the series like the Ghostbusters game from 2009
>>
>>89008641
I'm in favor of it, go ahead and post it
>>
I realized the other day that even though nearly the entire first half of Weirdmageddon was spend looking for and trying to rescue Mabel, she didn't do that much in the second half
>>
>All this absolutelydisgusting.jpg incest
>>
>>89019154
But she did her share in the third half.
>>
File: dork.png (1MB, 627x2280px) Image search: [Google]
dork.png
1MB, 627x2280px
To the Doublepines archivers, I noticed that the mega links had a few images missing from the Rev!Pines Comic. I managed to find the whole thing and compile it here:

http://imgur.com/a/NvOYj

original filenames included, of course
>>
>>89019225
I'm not sure whether or not that's a joke
>>
>>89019325
hey thanks for that! but I was actually able to update the archive again with 3 more comics folders including those 5 Rev!Pines pics you linked and a "6th pinu-up" one by DP that I magically stumbled upon, and about 17 more images more or less. I haven't uploaded/replaced the old mega archive yet though.

should I even bother? I don't really think anyone cares enough anymore?
>inb4 no one cares/good riddance posts
>>
>>89019448
Nobody loves you, Anon!
>>
>>89018392
The only other art of Wendy buffed-up that doesn't go overboard.
>>
>>88966376
Dear god my eyes
>>
File: tumblr_n157f7XqUv1rg7xfqo2_500.png (252KB, 462x395px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n157f7XqUv1rg7xfqo2_500.png
252KB, 462x395px
>>89019494
ah it's true. but I've already made peace with the fact that nobody every will.

I just like helping out the fandom that taught me how to enjoy Gravity Falls. Shitposting, conspiracies, incest and all.
>>
File: 8567398462305.jpg (20KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
8567398462305.jpg
20KB, 500x213px
>>88974392
In turn we fucked with his girlfriend.
>>
>>89019606
we appreciate the effort
>>
>>89014029
>>89017787
people wouldn't hate mabel so much if hirsch kept her quirkyness and didn't characterize her so fucking terribly as the show progressed.

idunno though, I'm just guessing.
>>
>>89019705

>Nerd

Stay at Tumblr.
>>
>>89019448
I fucking care you goddamn bastard, don't even joke about that.
If you do post an update, is there any chance you could also post a separate mega link containing only the new images? I've done a fair bit of tweaking in my copy of the old archive and it would be nice to be able to just move the new stuff in instead of having to start reorganizing a new copy from scratch.
>>
>>89019638
All he had to do was give them separate romantic interests. Now the ending made it seem like they're going to be hand-in-hand for the rest of their lives.
>>
>>89019766
since when is the word "nerd" tumblr exclusive?

are people really that pretentious and bitter now? something that used to be an all around insult is associated exclusively to a specific place these days?

I am legit asking cause I've been pretty out of the loop.
>>
File: 1466775220102.png (169KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1466775220102.png
169KB, 512x384px
>>89020012
It's not, that anon is being a moron
>>
>>89019766
Shut up, moron.
>>
File: 2.jpg (132KB, 1666x1966px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
132KB, 1666x1966px
>>88959845
>>
>>89020012
>>89020030

Calling people they like or are attracted to "nerd" or "dork" is totally a Tumblr thing.
>>
>>89019948
sure man, I'll post 2 links, one for the entire updated archive and the other for the recent ones. Might take a while though

What happens if the thread dies before I'm able to update the mega?
>>
>>89020047

wat
>>
>>89020221
please tell me you're kidding... I used to call people I like nerd too and that was before tumblr even existed. like when yahoo was still a search engine people used...
>>
>>89020299

Yep. Sorry to break it to you, but that's a thing Tumblrinas do all the time.
>>
>>89020351
no, I'm saying how does that make the word exclusive if it's been said and used by everyone from anywhere since modern times.

tumblr didn't invent the word.
>>
File: tumblr_mrie7eXh3R1qjo6cpo4_1280.png (257KB, 616x427px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mrie7eXh3R1qjo6cpo4_1280.png
257KB, 616x427px
>>89020257
Shit man, you're the best. Yeah, I guess If worse comes to worse, a new thread will arrive soon enough anyway. I say we continue using the codeword mabeliscute as a way of quickly finding these links in the archive.

Anyway, while I'm throwing that particular identifier around, I think I'll see if I can get in on this action, too.
It doesn't technically need archiving yet, but here's every piece of Gravity falls related artwork from Limey404 (Doublepines' SFW blog, for those who don't know).

https://mega.nz/#!YFVXEbiD!dRnsgMZtHpBWiSmUzqvIbd0O_iIqUvyCDAjo0ZcrHkY
>>
File: 1469315312186.png (538KB, 1904x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1469315312186.png
538KB, 1904x1072px
>>89020514
It doesn't

Plus, if that anon knows what tumblrinas do all the time, wouldn't that make him one as well?
>>
>>89020514

No one said they invented it. What I'm saying is that they, en masse, made the nerd/dork thing something associated with Tumblr.

Sort of like how neckbeards didn't invent fedoras, but still ruined them for everyone else.
>>
>>89020567

Wouldn't everyone denying what Tumblr does so strongly mean they go on the site a lot too?
>>
>>89020257
We'll just have to keep it alive, while you work as fast as you can.
There's only so many posts left, you know?
>>
File: Pacifica Gets Swole.png (69KB, 1233x427px) Image search: [Google]
Pacifica Gets Swole.png
69KB, 1233x427px
>>89019506
we really could use more of that sort of thing, and not just with Wendy, other girls would be nice too
>>
>>89016390
Bill had no motive, hes just fucking insane.
>>
File: tumblr_mzb4il6bn61rg7xfqo2_500.png (102KB, 434x284px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mzb4il6bn61rg7xfqo2_500.png
102KB, 434x284px
>>89020582
>>
File: memes.png (61KB, 500x777px) Image search: [Google]
memes.png
61KB, 500x777px
>>89017687
r8 my OC.
>>
File: Magic Milk Mayhem.png (35KB, 928x408px) Image search: [Google]
Magic Milk Mayhem.png
35KB, 928x408px
>>89020759
And take it in the opposite direction with Dipper.
>>
>>89021014
chuckle/5.
>>
File: tumblr_nhkm30s1rF1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (124KB, 229x326px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhkm30s1rF1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
124KB, 229x326px
>>89020554
>Limey Archive
sweet. thanks anon. that's super fuckin obliged. that'll come in handy if I ever get to compiling a super archive.

also good news and bad news:
I found some new lewds drawn by DP before that's neither in the booru or the original archive, and a whole new trail that may or may not be filled with "ALL" of doublepines & in-your-face-elizabeth posts but it could take forever to sift through and I don't know if the thread'll make it by then...

should I just
>upload to mega what new I've gotten so far even though anything new might not make it to the end of the thread
or should I
>keep looking and just update the archive later when I run into a dead end and post in whatever new GF thread comes up?
>>
File: Dip Ships or Big Dipper.png (1MB, 900x1640px) Image search: [Google]
Dip Ships or Big Dipper.png
1MB, 900x1640px
>>89021082
I prefer Dipper beefy not chubby
>>
>>89019225
There's not really any such thing as a third half
>>
>>89019154
the moral of the entire series is pretty much "fraternal love is unstoppable", I don't understand how you couldn't think that devoting more than half the finale to that doesn't fit the plot
>>
>>89021561
>a whole new trail that may or may not be filled with "ALL" of doublepines & in-your-face-elizabeth posts

Ok, this sounds potentially amazing. If you manage find any fics through that source I would be unbelievably grateful.

I guess updating or replacing the mega link at a later date is fine, but please make sure to include the phrase "mabeliscute" at some point in your post so I can keep an eye on the archive. That said, I check these thread regularly anyway and I'm sure we'll end up crossing paths again soon enough. Just take your time and be as autistically throughout as you want, the more complete this thing ends up, the happier I'll be.

By the way, and I don't really know if I should be saying this, but my sister is looking forward to seeing this archive as well.
>>
All this reliving the glory days is nice, but what about new stuff?

Doublepines may have been prolific, but certainly there's fan art/fics still being made that's just as good?
>>
>>89021795
sisterly love appears to be a lot weaker, in that regard
>>
>>89022051
Depends, what kinds of fanfic are you looking for?
>>
>>89021795
Did you mean to use that many negatives?
>>
>>89022081
I guess stuff that continues the tone of the show, maybe even pinecest for moments of weakness.
>>
NWHS seems to be considered the show's best episode.

It might be a bit telling that it's also one where Wendy only appears for a single scene and incompletely uninvolved with the episode's adventure.
>>
>>89022179
Well, like I mentioned earlier in the thread, there's one I like called Mabel's Guide to Apologies that's pretty good.
>>
>>89021946
Welp, the source I found was fruitful regarding images, but apparently it didn't contain "ALL", just a whole lot. In their original filenames and posts might I add. I'm at a dead end again, but hey, I'll keep looking for more leads.

>If you manage find any fics through that source I would be unbelievably grateful.
Tbh I don't know what I'm looking for besides that one missing fic made by bumblebeepines for DP connecting the story arc of Mabel's Dream Boy & etc. But I'll sift through some stuff again and see if it leads to anywhere.

don't get your hopes up too high though since most fics are linked back to their original tumblr posts and the majority of said links lead to tumblrs deleted after the fall of GF. I'm talking about you Weirdmageddon...

Oh and lol, tell your sister she has patrician tastes. pic jokingly related.
>>
>>89021796
well femme Dipper I actually don't mind as long as he's hung like a horse, but chubby Dipper just feels wrong(although strongfat could work if done right)
>>
Thanks for all this pinecest material
Just had the best fap in a looong time
>>
>>89022501
>Mabel bigger than Pacifica
Well that just won't do.
>>
>>89022365
Yeah don't worry about it. I wouldn't know what to look for either, come to think of it. Just keep doing your thing.
>>
>>88959845
One reason among others is that, for all the foreshadowing and buildup the rift between Dipper and Mabel got, the payoff and resolution was pretty weak.
>>
File: 1482029237331.gif (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482029237331.gif
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>89022626
Girl knows the score.
>>
>>89022660
>>89022365

Oh, and by the way, I used this for the Limey archive:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/tumblrimagedown/

Don't know if it could be ANY use to you, or if you're already using something better, but basically it can trawl through and automatically download all images from a given tumblr blog, or you can narrow it down to only images under a specific tag. I think there are plenty of tools like it out there, but this one worked well for me. Just thought it might be worth mentioning, even though expect you're already operating on a far higher level than I am in regards to this kind of shit.
>>
File: tumblr_o7p2i9qD5x1rbrqhto1_400.jpg (58KB, 400x408px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7p2i9qD5x1rbrqhto1_400.jpg
58KB, 400x408px
>>89019173
>>89017787
>>89017687
>>89015747
>>89014793
>>89014403
>>89014029
>>89013592
>>89012398
>>89010201
>>89011436
>mfw just got started watching Gravity Falls for the first time and see all this mabel/dipper shipping
>>
>>88959969
She's a great character, but like >>88962206 said: She becomes infuriating at the end.
>>
>>89022912
>already operating on a far higher level
jokes on you I've been using nothing but google-fu to update the doublepines archives this entire time. Literally.

But hey every little bit helps to keep that delicious forbidden MaDip love burning. so thanks for this tool.
>>
File: 1402021146179.jpg (398KB, 1312x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1402021146179.jpg
398KB, 1312x1080px
>>89023058
ditto
I never thought I'd love incest so much
>>
File: tumblr_mm47lfRSgC1rg7xfqo1_540.jpg (89KB, 530x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm47lfRSgC1rg7xfqo1_540.jpg
89KB, 530x533px
>>89021946
>>89020554
>>89019948
>>89019687
>>89019325
Welp, to anyone who still cares,

>inb4 noone/nofucksweregiven.jpg

here's the entire updated DoublePines Collective Archive for the ones that don't have the whole thing:
https://mega.nz/#!DgoBRbTK!2MNhWTahJHra3crOMDJA5eDYHRgkFGBVfA4z3HxR4-U

and here's the one with just the recently added stuff for those that already have a copy of the previous archive:
https://mega.nz/#!XxR1SQJD!D92rWeo1FzR75JIEy4Ujlaz6_jlm5Y-lzzW-0cYWzOk

don't forget, mabeliscute but people still hate her because of shit character development

Enjoy. or not I'm not the boss of you

I'm not crying YOU'RE CRYING
>>
>>89023764
Thanks

to other anons, the first spoilered text is the keyword to find this easily in the archive
>>
File: kek mabel.png (52KB, 272x230px) Image search: [Google]
kek mabel.png
52KB, 272x230px
>>89012163
Is that a word for word edit of the text from the actual cinnamon meme article?

That's pretty good my articulate friendo. Someone needs to edit that to look like the actual thing.
>>
File: 1483441556487.png (186KB, 295x389px) Image search: [Google]
1483441556487.png
186KB, 295x389px
>>89023764
I KNEW staying up until 1:30 am was a good idea!

You're a fucking god, man.

The one downside of these threads is that I can already feel this paranoid compulsion to archive ephemeral web content becoming something of a neurosis for me. Still, everyone needs a hobby.
>>
File: 1449123701174.png (40KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1449123701174.png
40KB, 152x254px
>>89023764
You're a god damn credit to this board, son.
>>
So, what are people's thoughts on the Journal? I thought it was alright, but a lot of it seemed like last minute damage control and/or fanservice
>>
>>89024399
Writing in verbal style = garbage

If it's supposed to be uninhibited and almost stream-of-consciousness just writing monologues in a book isn't a good way of doing it.
>>
>>89024399
Same.
I'm sure some people liked it, but I just didn't feel much for it.
>>
>>89024399
Seems like most of it was meant to be damage control.
-Threw Padippica shippers a bone
-Made the love potion only temporary when the episode never hinted it being such (kind of ruins the point of the anti-love potion)
-Has a remorseful blurb from Mabel about the sock puppet opera

I think there was even something about Wendip happening either with past ancestors or in a parallel dimension.
>>
>>89024713
And yet still nothing about Mabel's involvement in Weirdmageddon.
>>
>>89024570
What's writing in verbal style mean?
>>
>>89025216
It's like it's somebody talking. It's written in a way that no one could possibly write.
>>
>>89025281
Oh, I see.
>>
>>89025187
that's something only /co/ tries to make a big deal about
>>
>>89025427
I don't think people would have as much of a problem with it had it been addressed at all.
>>
File: sweater town.png (440KB, 527x429px) Image search: [Google]
sweater town.png
440KB, 527x429px
>>89024000
>You're a fucking god, man.
alas I am not. If anything I am some kind of unhuman anon with an unhealthy, sometimes uncontrollable compulsion to save, collect and archive things, stories, images etc.

>>89024306
you guys are welcome but I can't take all the credit, someone called sadarax originally dropped the majority of the archive. from there on I used what google-fu I know to track stuff down over the web and update it.

that's basically all I did really. Add a few more pics, emphasis on few, sort the comic ones in folders, and upload somewhere.
>>
So, anybody know any fanart/fanfics featuring Ghost Mabel or Ghost Wendy?
>>
>>88991417
Compaired to other boards, /co/ likes everything
>>
>>89011741
She watches twd and some feminist bullshit agenda shows.
>>
>>89026303
ooof, that's a tough one
I recall reading a few but they were SHIT
>>
>>89022051
>All this reliving the glory days is nice, but what about new stuff?
>Doublepines may have been prolific, but certainly there's fan art/fics still being made that's just as good?

hahaha no

gravity falls is dead

the only people who still care are the japanese and all they care about is bill and mabel getting it on
>>
File: C1s85yiUsAEB1Fc.jpg (155KB, 1143x700px) Image search: [Google]
C1s85yiUsAEB1Fc.jpg
155KB, 1143x700px
>>89026898
>>
I honestly kinda fell off this show a little after season 2 began DESU.

It just felt like Alex had blown his load too early.
>>
>>89026821
Any links?
>>
>>89026821
Even if they're shit I'm still curioius
>>
>>89020270
https://twitter.com/vvvvvvcvvcvvvvv
>>
Fuck Marry Kill: Wendy, Pacifica, and Mabel.

Though, come to think of it the answer seems pretty obvious.
>>
>>89029467
Yes
Kill all of them and fuck a character that's actually well written and likable
>>
File: image.png (971KB, 1208x898px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
971KB, 1208x898px
>>89004597
>>
>>88968375
>Northwest Mansion Noir
>excited to see her more as all the symbols are drawn together
>Pacifica drops off the face of the fucking planet
>more Grenda and Candy
>symbols just all coincidentally make it to the shack

Oh boy, my favorite
>>
Oh Alex

https://twitter.com/_AlexHirsch/status/818694177819009024
>>
>>89029649
What's wrong with Blubs?
>>
Well, might as well try to get this bitch to 500 posts.
>>
>>89029891
Yeah, season 2b was kinda shit
>>
File: wolfcifica.png (784KB, 2269x1591px) Image search: [Google]
wolfcifica.png
784KB, 2269x1591px
>>
File: next summer 2.png (728KB, 1020x1320px) Image search: [Google]
next summer 2.png
728KB, 1020x1320px
how do you feel about areas new comic?
>>
>>89033004
is she teen pregnant?
>>
>>89033041
Just misses the twins, I guess.
>>
>>89033004
>tfw it will be two years until penetration is shown in this comic
>>
>>89033129
it will also show cuteness that we should have gotten in the show
>>
>>89032990
>>
>>89033435
cute
>>
>>89032990
>>89033004
>>89033435
As a pincester I secretly wanted pacifica to end up with dipper, specially after the Mini-golf and NWMN episode...

I thought the pacing of her character development from stuck-up, pompous, self-entitled ritch bitch to a somewhat decent human being who realizes she just really needed true friends was heartwarming but Hirsch just had to put her on a bus cuz fuck you apparently...

also because MaDipFica is my OT3 and I deeply wanted doublepines to draw them having a love-triangle/love hate relationship threesomes.
>>
File: memefordPines01.jpg (285KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
memefordPines01.jpg
285KB, 1080x1080px
>>89029974
wow.
At this point I hope Star Vs. Evil & Nefcy just fucking steamroll him with lore, seasons, and popularity.
>Having a real job that most people would give their left nut for is harrrrddd! I don't wanna do a second season!
>>
>>89033993
>MaDipFica
The name you're looking for is "PinesWest"
>>
>>89034022
nah... just doesn't have that 'ring' to it.
>>
>>89034006
>At this point I hope Star Vs. Evil & Nefcy just fucking steamroll him with lore, seasons, and popularity.

keep dreaming

You'd just find ways to complain about it anyways
>>
>>89034219
don't we all? what else is new.
>>
File: DipperandMabelvstheFuture.jpg (462KB, 1280x895px) Image search: [Google]
DipperandMabelvstheFuture.jpg
462KB, 1280x895px
>>88968375
Dipper and Mabel vs. the Future
>>
File: next summer 1.png (1MB, 1020x1320px) Image search: [Google]
next summer 1.png
1MB, 1020x1320px
>>89033041
>>89033129
>>89033993
forgot part 1
>>
File: NW noir doodles.jpg (519KB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
NW noir doodles.jpg
519KB, 1280x905px
>>
>>89029467
Marry Wendy
Fuck Mabel
Kill Pacifica
>>
>>89035019
but wendy will leave you for another man really quick
>>
>>89035019
>Kill Pacifica

Previously on "The Man With No Taste"...
>>
>>88964733
Because none of what she did was intentional, apart from the handing-over-something-that-isn't-hers thig, which is bareley worth a slap on the wrist in real life. She was just being tricked by Bill, like Stan was, and Ford was, and Gideon was, and Dipper was.

I don't know why people latch onto this one scene so hard when the way she acted in Weirdmageddon 2 was insurmountably worse.
>>
>>88996486
My favorite thing is that he unironically said that despite like a third of all the episodes being about romance.
>>
"WELCUHM ONE AND AULL TAH WEIRDMUHGEDDON"

Hella cringe
>>
>>88996486
>>89035476
dipper and pacifica playing pokemon together when?
>>
>>89035487
I really wish they'd kept Neils musical intro instead. Would have been so much better.

https://youtu.be/vq5sZPPF9ao
>>
>>89020351
Tumblrinas breathe all the time too. Maybe you should stop that.
>>
>>89034006
I hope you're not implying that being a showrunner for a cartoon isn't hard.

Also learn to not get triggered by basic jokes.
>>
File: 1482778412190.jpg (415KB, 1246x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482778412190.jpg
415KB, 1246x1080px
Another good GF thread, I don't believe it
we're past the bump limit, though, so I'll see you guys next time
>>
File: Bro.png (154KB, 294x392px) Image search: [Google]
Bro.png
154KB, 294x392px
Good thread Mabes'?
>>
File: Sis.png (174KB, 294x391px) Image search: [Google]
Sis.png
174KB, 294x391px
>>89035827
GREAT thread Dip.
>>
File: Mabel sweater town.jpg (98KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
Mabel sweater town.jpg
98KB, 680x680px
>Gravity Falls thread
>Found it just before it dies
>>
>>89034470
It was good, but the payoff it got later was pretty weak
>>
>>89035389
How she acted in part 2 was made even worse by her having partially caused all the bad stuff
>>
File: Mabel 10.jpg (81KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
Mabel 10.jpg
81KB, 768x768px
A qt
>>
File: tumblr_n7cl7tjEfg1qjo6cpo1_1280.png (175KB, 519x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n7cl7tjEfg1qjo6cpo1_1280.png
175KB, 519x500px
>>89036018
There there... you can always read through the archive.
>>
File: tumblr_mpygy1L1Sg1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg (220KB, 546x470px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mpygy1L1Sg1rg7xfqo1_1280.jpg
220KB, 546x470px
>>89036100

"There'll be a new thread someday...

I promise."
>>
File: 1482290044121.jpg (149KB, 767x767px) Image search: [Google]
1482290044121.jpg
149KB, 767x767px
>>89036079
a total bundle of joy
>>
File: Mabel 7.jpg (117KB, 718x718px) Image search: [Google]
Mabel 7.jpg
117KB, 718x718px
>>89036307

That is an accurate description.
>>
>>89036100
Mabel, you are wearing a skirt, you really shouldnt be sitting like that.
>>
File: 1482626244338.jpg (724KB, 914x1026px) Image search: [Google]
1482626244338.jpg
724KB, 914x1026px
>>89036388
Indeed

see ya, mabelbro
Thread posts: 517
Thread images: 170

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.