[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Y: The Last Man Storytime Part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 270
Thread images: 234

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88877590
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88917685
I don't think I'll ever get tired of this kind of gag.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88918167
Same
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88917496
>>88917594
>>88917610
>>88917626
>>88917645
My favorite part
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88919522
>She never really gets around to explaining it. But it's not the point of her story.
Hahahaha

fuck you
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88919797
>audience laughs
>iris out on the door
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88919985
I get why it's this way, but Yorick could stand to be a little less of a dipshit.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88920249
>sweatingman.jpg
>>
>>
>>
Does this get any better?
>>
This is messed up.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88920385
Burn!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88918419
This
>>
>>88919319
Cool
>>
>>88919944
Pretty much
>>
>>88920303
Agreed
>>
>>88920301
I hope
>>
>>
>>88920560
That bottom right panel seems very exploitable.
>>
>>88920483
>60 volumes
>already on 20
This is going to be a long night or week.
>>88920466
Billy Herrington?
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88920583
20 out of 60.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>88920754
Doesn't the ending to this story suck major balls?
>>
>>
That for today, Thanks you for reading see you tomorrow
>>
>>88920773
>Doesn't the ending to this story suck major balls?
A BKV ending sucking shocking
>>
http://pastebin.com/murMcvA7

>>
>>88920806
That's Preacher anon.

>>88920820
I actually don't think I've ever read any of his stuff. This is the furthest I've ever gotten into Y. It's never really gripped me enough to make the effort.
>>
>>88920773
Yes. Yes it does. It is so bad that it retroactively ruined the entire comic for me.

>ah bloo bloo blo let me show you every character dying as though that adds so sort of extra weight to the previous hundred fucking chapters, isn't this mature, aren't I making comics a better medium for storytelling I'm so great
I hope Vaughn chokes on all those dicks he's sucking.
>>
File: why1.jpg (73KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
why1.jpg
73KB, 500x375px
>>88920773
>Tries to use a super poorly developed villain as the final antagonist
>Kills every likable character for shock value
>Gives the actual reason for the plague
>Muh escaping symbolism

Yeah it's fucking dumb. I don't think I've been that angry at an ending since Conqueror of Shamballa.
>>
>>88921855
Thank you
>>
>>88917346

C'est une bump
>>
>>88920288

wait the only man left is a sissy faggot?

who wrote this garbage.
>>
File: Brian_K._Vaughan_6.jpg (403KB, 1863x1187px) Image search: [Google]
Brian_K._Vaughan_6.jpg
403KB, 1863x1187px
>>88922872
>>
>>88917959

Preacher Anon, thank you for doing this, btw. Your storytimes are always quality stuff, and you've given us hours of entertainment.

You rock, comrade.
>>
>>88922872
>wait the only man left is a sissy faggot?
That's pretty much half the entire point of the series. The other half is a bunch of statistics about women.
>>
>>88923795
Thank you
>>
>>88924135
Pretty much
>>
What do you friends think caused the bad thing
Was it a curse, was it science, was it God
>>
>>88920180
GASP! Nudity! AAAAH
>>
>>88924881
they literally spell it out how is this even a discussion
>>
>>88925295
They gave several explanations but implied it could be any one of them
>>
>>88925319
yes but then they literally explained it near the end with the Asian doctor man
>>
>>88925363
But he was also insane
and maybe he was wrong

Although that seemed like the most probable explanation
>>
>>88925379
"maybe he was wrong" is a terrible reasoning for believing anything else. Just because there wasn't an entire page devoted to text that read 'THIS IS THE CORRECT ANSWER', does not mean it wasn't still very fucking clearly spelled out for the audience.

Either he was right, or it's just a fucking coincidence that the guy who developed perfect cloning is also one of the only two males left on earth. If anyone legitimately believes the second answer, they're a retard.

Vaughn is a hack writer for giving the audience a concrete answer like that.
>>
>>88925421
>I feel that there is a definitive explanation, but I like that people don't necessarily know what it is. In interviews we always said that we would tell people exactly what caused the plague. The thing was, we never said when we were going to tell. We weren't going to tell you when we were telling you, I should say. We might have told you in issue #3. There might have been something in the background that only a couple people caught. It might have been Dr. Mann's father's very detailed, scientific explanation. It might have been Alter's off-the-wall conspiracy theory. The real answer is somewhere in those 60 issues, but I prefer to let the reader decide which one they like rather than pushing it on them. My name is Brian K. Vaughan

>Failed clandestine attack on China... is stated as the definitive cause of the plague in Brian K. Vaughan's abridged script for Y: the Last Man, penned two years after the completion of the comic book series.

Wikipedia gave sources to these and the writer said he wanted it to be ambiguous so idk
I'm tired and confused but I am doing my best
>>
>>88925489
If ambiguity was what he was going for, he did a shit job, since every single theory is blown out of the water by the fact that the only two men alive are also the only two men to come into contact with Ambersand's poop, thus proving Dr. Mann's theory without a shadow of a doubt.
>>
>>88925603
Do we go for authoral intent or in-text evidence
Serious question. Like if it's art then whatever, interpretations. But if it's about "canon", then
>>
>>88917610

For those who don't know, the lighter's a reference to Preacher - Jesse Custer owned one with that engraving.
>>
>>88919046
Well that's fucking depressing.
Thread posts: 270
Thread images: 234

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.