[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is nobody talking about how Bendis basically fridged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Why is nobody talking about how Bendis basically fridged him for white grief?
>>
>>88916845
Because it happened six months ago.
>>
>>88916845
Apparently Tan Nese Coates was pretty pissed about it
>>
I can't help but want to see Punisher using one of the Iron Man suits and going around massacring criminals.
>>
>>88916845
>white grief
Although everything Bendis does is for white grief, in this particular case it was to cover up his shit writing, mary sue.

>kills off Rhodes pointlessly
>kills of Tony pointlessly
>Pepper Pots fucks off somewhere
>Hulk gets canned too so we can get a free hero square for the chineese guy

Because if those three were around, people would easily see that his Mary sue, teen black smarty pants who's the smartest ever, is basically just a needless combination of the three at a third of their age.
>>
>>88916845
Because I don't read comics with the Name Bendis on the cover if it was primarily Ted after 2010
>>
>>88916845
Because we stopped caring. Why? The moment Bendis touches something, continuity and characterisation don't matter anymore, the characters you cared about are dead and gone already, don't waste a tear and move on to different books, before you see, how your favourite characters are butchered.
>>
>>88916886
I fucking hope Coates cornered him in a hallway and gave him a lecture. Imagine Bendis, this short little blob of a Jew, cowering before this tall black man who is actually a respected intellectual. Imagine him being told that no, Brian, actually all your black-empowerment shit at Marvel isn't very uplifting and doesn't make the world a better place, and that you're actually a closet racist who fulfills the white savior trope to a T.

I can dream about that, even if it didn't happen.
>>
>>88916845

Bendis is black so it's okay.
>>
>>88916845
He traded a black man for a black girl genius, the math is clear, it a net gain for the progessives so you won't hear them wail on about it too much and the rest doesn't really care.
>>
>>88918819
Coates actually sent Alonso, Bendis and Brevoort a long essay detailing why it was bullshit and warning them that if they did it, it'd send the black community into a rage and be a PR disaster.

Alonso basically responded with "well, we value your opinion and assure you we will take this into account." And then killed him anyways.
>>
>>88916845
This armor is one of the best.
>>
>>88916845
>white grief
I'm not up to date on today's meme buzzwords, what do you mean by this?
>>
>>88916845
No he fridged him because he thought he was gonna die in the movie
>>
the hell is "white grief"? if he wanted you to care about a character's death, he would have killed a white character. none of you care when black people die.
>>
>white grief
Isn't it "white guilt"?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.