[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing a comic with character's whose personalities are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Writing a comic with character's whose personalities are determined by their Tarot alignment.

Any advice or reference material I check out to help me
>>
>>88913829
>comic with character's whose personalities are determined by their Tarot alignment
Not gonna lie, that sounds fucking terrible.
>>
File: Pinochle-1.jpg (421KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Pinochle-1.jpg
421KB, 1024x683px
>>88913829

Try using their playing card equivalents at first. They're more relatable and won't put people off as much.
>>
>>88913874
Why's that? Its not like their Tarot are absolute. From what I read, a persons Tarot allignment can change into completely different one based on events in their life.
>>88913952
I did not know playing cards had meanings that could be attributed to people
>>
>>88913829
Lucifer and arcs from Hellblazer heavily reference this.
My advice:
>Look at the saint saya series and look at what you find contrived
>Look at Saints (recent Image book) and see why it works

Anachronistic supernatural x has been done to death Anon, just make sure it's a technichally sound piece of work that only could have come from you.
Godspeed.
>>
>>88914021

Yeah, all the minor arcane are pretty much the same.

coins = diamonds
wands = clubs
cups = hearts
swords = spades

I carry an old ten of hearts in my wallet.
>>
>>88914021
None of your characters are going to act like actual people, they'll just be a bunch of check boxes, and will fail to be at all compelling. Frankly, you seem like one of those pretentious artsy types who's more interested in jerking off to their themes and motifs rather than telling a story.
>>
>>88914293
Well i dont want to make them into these robots that are extremely 1 dimensional or anything. But I planned to use Tarot to create more arch-typical qualities
>>
>>88914366
How? Basing characters on anything is retarded, because all it does is place a label on them that forces them into being one-dimensional.
>>
>>88914505
well apparently it worked for >>88914035
>>
>>88914293
>>88914366
>>88914505
What you need to do is make more than one character correspond to a card and show how they are different.

Death belongs to both a doctor and a writer. The tower belongs to a burned out rock star and a failed business man. Emperor belongs to a CEO and an autistic child.

Make the cards powers and traits, but make each character a character. Play up how every card has several interpretations.
>>
>>88914618
Well I don't know how it was in Hellblazer but in Lucifer it was a living tarot deck whose personality was pure evil and one dimensional.
>>
>>88914366
Then you do character first and tarot card second. Of course you can have someone who's fatalistic and matches their tarot 1:1, but that's because he's a dosy fatalistic dickhead, make him the villain even.
>>
>>88914733
It's intbe issue where John takes a ton of psychedelics and self actualises into the archetype of the magus.
>>
File: tumblr_ofbba1CBIg1va0z6io2_1280.png (371KB, 1280x427px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofbba1CBIg1va0z6io2_1280.png
371KB, 1280x427px
>>88913829

Its like /x, /trash, and /co had a baby.
>>
>>88913829
There is already a book by a new zealand chick that does the same thing and im pretty sure it won some important award or somthing
>>
>>88915181
Don't let this discourage you mate.
Do your research.
Touch up on your literary theory.
Write this bastard.
Only then read that writer's work, otherwise your work can only be a response to her's.
>>
>>88914701
>>88914736
>How do I fix inherently shit characters?
>Make even MORE inherently shit characters!
I fucking hate you, 4chan.
>>
>>88915181
oh...
>>
>>88915532
Fuck yourself retard, you knew what opinions you were asking for.
>>
File: jojo tarot cards.png (4MB, 1024x2048px) Image search: [Google]
jojo tarot cards.png
4MB, 1024x2048px
>>88913829
Part 3 of Jojo, I guess.
Though they're personalities aren't usually that parallel to the Tarot Cards their standd symbolize, considering most of them are one-off baddies.
Just watch Jojo, though.
>>
>>88913829
Add Jojo references!
>>
>>88916201
That's not even me, OP
>>
File: boywithearring.jpg (18KB, 250x329px) Image search: [Google]
boywithearring.jpg
18KB, 250x329px
>>88913829
I know it's you Igor. We can hang out if you want.
>>
ZA

WARUDO
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.