[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne ws/800159-james-gunn-tal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 7

File: was.png (292KB, 1002x907px)
was.png
292KB, 1002x907px
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/800159-james-gunn-talked-to-marvel-about-a-moon-knight-movie

jesus fucking CHRIST almost had a heart attack

I hope they never let him do the moonie, but I doubt there is anyone who can actually do moonie right. At the end of the day it's what marvel what that matters, not the director

but now that pandora box is open, they're never gonna let moonie go. FUCK. I though he was gonna be the only character not raped. Guess we wait
>>
File: kkkk.png (39KB, 605x592px)
kkkk.png
39KB, 605x592px
looks like he told him the idea, so it might the start the development.

fuck I guess it's inevitable.

Oh and what's that? Moon Knight? /co/ doesn't give a flying fuck? Yeah that's very surprising, didn't see that one coming.
>>
They are going to fuck it up. They can just take Warren Ellis's run, recreate it frame-to-frame for Netflix and it would be perfect. It even has the hallway fight they love so much.
>>
>>88909975
Fuck no leave that shit for future seasons if anything. Also you can't have a moon knight show with a ellis run alone, when the whole run is about moon knight having adventures that end in one chapter

That's what I fucking hate about Moon Knight adaptation

They're not gonna use the classic costume but the ellis costume because it's not "realistic"
>>
>>88909927
Cry harder bitch boy, /co/ sucks off moon knight in almost every thread he has. Sorry no one cares about your tantrum
>>
He's never going to get a movie in the MCU, but I think a Netflix show is all but guaranteed.

I'd love it, on the condition that they trim the season to 10 episodes and give him the costume earlier and not at the end of the show. I honestly don't understand why the Netflix shows are so afraid of superhero costumes when you have Iron Man and Ant-Man and Black Panther getting great suits from the start in the movies.
>>
>>88910040
>/co/ sucks off moon knight in almost every thread he has

when you mean "every thread" you mean one per year? yeah, maybe.
>>
>>88910101
and every storytime
>>
>>88910094
>I honestly don't understand why the Netflix shows are so afraid of superhero costumes when

because people think you can't have serious stories with a guy dressed in silly cape

And it's a special case with moonie because he has a white costume, something that triggers the marvel executives
>>
>>88910101
Year just started faggot. Maybe if you weren't a shitposting crossposter you'd see the threads
>>
>>88910155
That's mostly because Moon Knight is one of the best Marvel comics right now.
>>
>>88909840
wouldn't it be better for it to be a Netflix thing like cage and iron fist
>>
File: Moon Knight.jpg (215KB, 842x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Moon Knight.jpg
215KB, 842x1280px
I was going to buy the first vol of Moon Knight, does it hold up afterwards or should I just opt for an essential vol instead?
>>
>>88910208
>dude is it a dream or is it real

No. The latest moonie run has been terrible. I guess it's not over yet but so far it has been nothing but blue balls.
>>
>>88909840
Get the people who did the action choreography of The Raid to do it, and I'll be happy.

Get Ellis to do the story outline or first draft, and I'll be giddy.
>>
>>88910155
Nah, a lot of people are lukewarm on Lemire's run nowadays. General impression is that while it has its moments it tries too hard to be weird at times and loses its pacing. It's starting to pick back up, though, even though I don't like Khonsu meeting and choosing Marc as a child.
>>
>>88910239
Well I liked it. Yes, Ellis's run was much much better, but I liked this take on the character too. Reminded me of Darkness 2.
>>
>>88910236
what moon knight vol 1?

You need to be specific.

If you need moonie essentials, reed the first 1980 run

then read fist of khonshu

read Marc Spector: Moon Knight but stop at like issue 30

read Resurrection Wars, avoid High Strangers

read Moon Knight 2006 run

read Vengeance of the Moon Knight

read Shadowland arc

AVOID bendis run

that's the essentials. If you liked the above, then just read the rest, maybe even the bendis run if you love the character so much.
>>88910253
>>88910289
why do people love the ellis run so fucking much I don't get it. Literally all he did was beat up random guys, his character development was stuck in a limbo, no supporting characters at all. I guess the art was nice.
>>
>>88910362
>dude Ellis lmao
>dude this art lmao
>dude Mr. Knight XD
>>
>>88910362
Was referring to Ellis "From the Dead" Vol 1 actually
>>
>>88910456
So fucking triggered, I'm just surprised by this love of ellis run. If you have no arguments then don't post it.
>>88910286
yeah that complete shits on moonie's origins. Then again, they can just say "dude it was a dream lool" and moon knight has been relaunched shitton times before
>>88910479
...which is the same thing as the rest of run. Only later ellis is replaced by bunn.
>>
Inb4 fags who think Gunn would turn him into Meme Knight because all they know is GotG
>>
>>88910558
He wouldn't ruin it. The executives would. I'm sure Gunn had different ideas for GotG but they told him to ease up
>>
>>88910557
I was just being clear which vol 1 I was talking about. Which if Bunn holds up I might just get the 3 volumes
>>
>>88910617
I thought you were just looking for essentials. I guess you're only interest in the ellis. I guess get it if you love it so much

I've the read the entire and it never dips in quality. Because it's the same thing over and over. Moon Knight beat us random guys. Cool artwork. Every ssue is a different story. The end.
>>
>>88910677
.....I was referring to both. Fuck it, I'll get ellis, then grab the essentials/recommendations you posted earlier, thanks
>>
File: moon_man_feat1.jpg (187KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
moon_man_feat1.jpg
187KB, 620x412px
>>88909840
A moon themed hero? Is he too going to fight against minorities?
>>
Gunn > > > > Russos
>>
File: thosewhoworshipthefatfedorafuck.jpg (63KB, 883x590px) Image search: [Google]
thosewhoworshipthefatfedorafuck.jpg
63KB, 883x590px
>>88909975
>>
File: 1403306365557s.jpg (33KB, 340x314px) Image search: [Google]
1403306365557s.jpg
33KB, 340x314px
>>88909840
>If you wish for me, Khonshu, to grant you my power, Mark Spector. You must defeat me in a dance off!
>*Dancing in the moon light plays*
>>
>MK defeats the bad guy with a LE EBIN MOONING X-DDDD
>>
>>88910558
>>88910581
But the opposite is true, they told him to make his early drafts weirder and then gave him total free reign over the sequel. Not that there's nothing wrong with his GOTG anyway.
>>
>>88913326
>Not that there's nothing wrong with his GOTG anyway.
reddit pls
>>
>>88911351
>Shit > > > > Shits
>>
>>88911790
>>88911688
See
>>88910558
>>
>>88913360
Oh shut up, not everything is supposed to be dark and serious all the time. The reason people liked the comics is because the characters were humorous oddballs that contrasted with the dire straits they constantly find themselves in.
>>
>>88911351
>>88913366
>the BASED RUSSOS meme is finally dead
Neat.

>>88913399
Deal with it.
>>
>>88913434
>lelsorandumb = funny
Nope.
>people liking Bendis
>ever
>>
>>88913576
There's nothing "lelsorandumb" about it though.

Nice attempt at deflection, but I'm talking about GotGv2 by DnA.
>>
>>88913796
>I'm talking about GotGv2 by DnA.
Yeah, right. As if you had ever read the book, casual.
>>
>>88913434
And not everything needs to be light and snarky. Faggot.
>>
I miss the days where he made his R rated movies. Those were my favorites tbqh
>>
>>88913837
Whatever you say bub. Just know that what I posted is indeed exactly why /co/ loved DNA's run in the first place, way before a movie was even rumored. Everyone who read it and was here knows this, and any who happen to read this discussion will laugh at your ignorance.

>>88913840
I didn't say everything, but we're talking about GOTG. It's got every right to be humorous and snarky.

>>88913857
Me too. Super is one of my favorite movies. Slither was also pretty fun.
>>
File: 0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg (33KB, 660x825px) Image search: [Google]
0cea0737-0371-41ed-ba13-d3c20c.jpg
33KB, 660x825px
>>88913857
>>88914005
>I already liked Gunn before it was cool
>>
>>88914005
Everyone who read it and was here knows that the movie is pathetic. Deal with it, shill.
>we're talking about GOTG. It's got every right to be humorous and snarky.
You must think anything written by Giffen in humorous too...
>>
>>88909840

A Netflix series would be great but I don't want a quipfest film for Moon Knight
>>
>>88914125
>not wanting a MK movie with a Little MK who says "I AM MOON!"
>or a raccoon who says "BLAM! MOONED YOU!"
>>
>>88913399
see my dick in your ass.
>>
>>88914067
Well for one Giffen never wrote Guardians of the Galaxy even though he helped lay the groundwork for the team. And that aside his Conquest mini was indeed humorous and snarky (sometimes darkly so), and Giffen himself stated that one of the points of using such quirky cast was to get Star-Lord out of his funk and lighten him up again. DnA continued to follow up on this in GOTG, writing a Star-Lord who masks his baggage by projecting a brash, quippy facade.

Finally, no, everyone on here who read the book(s) don't hate the movie. There are quite a lot of us who like it and don't mind that's an alternate take.
>>
>>88914246
>everyone on here who read the book(s) don't hate the movie
Nice denial, casual.
>>
>>88909840
>not wanting a fun Moon Knight film

If you make it dark then all you've got is The Unoriginal Adventures of Imitation Batman.
>>
>>88909840
Stop worrying about this garbage so much you fucking autist. One more bad Moon Knight thing existing is just another drop in the bucket at this point.
>>
>>88914246
>the DnA run was reddit humor
wut

>>88914288
Again, lelsorandumb is not fun.
>>
>>88914274
Yeah yeah, I'm definitely the one lookin like a casual here. You done?

>>88914313
>it's bad because "reddit humor"

That's a copout non-criticism.
>>
>>88914344
>finally admits he's some casual from reddit
Good boy. Now you can leave.
>>
>>88914288
>The Unoriginal Adventures of Imitation Batman
that's why there is no moonie movie yet

because of that kinda thinking. "It's just batman rip-off". Well it's always either black panther or moonie. It's a 50/50 thing at this point
>>88914299
I'd rather read bendis run than sit trough generic marvel movie shit
>>
>>88914380
I guarantee I've read more comics than you and the only place I've ever discussed em is right here. Difference is I don't need to posture about it and throw insults around cause I can actually discuss.

Now stop evading the argument and bring something to the table or fuck off.
>>
>>88914542
>more ad hominem in lieu of an argument

Great, thanks for conceding.
>>
>>88914542
>[Deleted]
Man, someone got hurt bad.
>>
>>88909840
Not who I would've picked but whatever, if they did it would his villain be Bushman or would try to tie it in to more modern villains?

>>88914288
>If you make it dark then all you've got is The Unoriginal Adventures of Imitation Batman

Except Moonie kills people unlike that bitch ass Batman, also he's more mentally disturbed than Bruce what with his 4 personalities, I personally liked the Ellis run but Benson run is superior.
>>
>>88914888
>Moonie kills people unlike that bitch ass Batman, also he's more mentally disturbed than Bruce
Too edgy for Disney then. No deal.
>>
>>88914908
>too edgy for Disney
>civil war showed footage of Bucky capping papa stark execution style

Either way I don't feel like a movie will work as much as I want it to. Nothing against Gunn but it would be a clusterfuck bordering on action/suspense/thriller and you wouldn't know what you're watching anymore. Maybe a spot on Daredevil or another upcoming netflix show would be better
>>
>>88914908
he doesn't kill them all the time. depends on the run
>>88914888
moonie doesn't have modern villains, they just recycle. And he doesn't have a lot of them. Bushman is his main that is tied to his backstory so it would sense to make him the first villain

Moonie has street-level villains but also magic-level villains like Morpheus. A lot of his villains are just straight up crazy.
>>
>>88915079
Morpheus would work, could even use his time with the Defenders. The more I think about the more horrid a movie sounds or even a show. I would rather have him stay in comics
>>
Moon Knight is my favorite character. I've enjoyed every run except for the Bendis run. I've especially enjoyed his most recent runs and the newest has been a great ride. I feel he'd fit better on Netflix like Daredevil, but a movie could be cool. They need to really nail the tone though, and that could be rough.

I'd kill for an Arkham style game staring Moon Knight.
>>
>>88910289
>Ellis's run was much much better
He only wrote the first few issues of that run. Why does everyone call it 'his' run? Why not just call it Vol 4? Also, I find the issues that followed his issues as being just as good, if not better.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.